A M Rogues
Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa acquisition on an intensive care unit: relationship between antibiotic selective pressure and patients' environmentAlexandre Boyer
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Pellegrin Tripode, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Crit Care 15:R55. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship among Pseudomonas aeruginosa acquisition on the intensive care unit (ICU), environmental contamination and antibiotic selective pressure against P. aeruginosa...
- Severe community-acquired Enterobacter pneumonia: a plea for greater awareness of the concept of health-care-associated pneumoniaAlexandre Boyer
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Hopital Pellegrin Tripode, Place Amelie Raba Leon, France
BMC Infect Dis 11:120. 2011..Our primary aim was to describe them as few data are available on EnCAP. A comparison with CAP due to common and typical bacteria was performed...
- [Relationship between antibiotic policies and antibiotic consumption in hospitals]A M Rogues
Unité INSERM 657, pharmacoépidémiologie et évaluation de l impact des produits de santé sur les populations, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, and Service d hygiène hospitalière, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin, France
Med Mal Infect 37:599-604. 2007..The authors had for aim to study the relationship between antibiotic policies and antibiotic consumption in hospitals...
- Determinants of glycopeptides consumption in hospitalsA M Rogues
Unité INSERM 657, pharmacoépidémiologie et évaluation de l impact des produits de santé sur les populations, IFR Santé Publique Université Victor Ségalen Bordeaux 2, France
Microb Drug Resist 13:199-203. 2007..Furthermore, hospitals have to compare their data with others to identify overuse of glycopeptides and to plan control interventions...
- Contribution of tap water to patient colonisation with Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a medical intensive care unitA M Rogues
Unité INSERM 657, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 67:72-8. 2007..Carriage of P. aeruginosa by patients was both the source and the consequence of tap water colonisation. These results emphasise the need for studies on how to control tap water contamination...
- Infection control practices and infectious complications in dermatological surgeryA M Rogues
Unité INSERM 657, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 65:258-63. 2007..Further studies are needed to establish optimal guidelines for this kind of surgery...
- Relationship between rates of antimicrobial consumption and the incidence of antimicrobial resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from 47 French hospitalsA M Rogues
Unité INSERM 657 Pharmacoépidémiologie et évaluation de l impact des produits de santé sur populations, IFR Santé Publique Université Victor Ségalen, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 28:1389-95. 2007..To investigate relationships between rates of antimicrobial consumption and the incidence of antimicrobial resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from hospitals...
- [Prevention of Legionella infections in health centers]A M Rogues
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Arch Pediatr 12:S22-5. 2005..The recommendations relate to water supply networks, from designing, maintenance, and supervision to the daily use of water by caregivers...
- Impact of safety devices for preventing percutaneous injuries related to phlebotomy procedures in health care workersAnne Marie Rogues
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, Bâtiment PQR, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Am J Infect Control 32:441-4. 2004..Use of protective devices has become a common intervention to decrease sharps injuries in the hospitals; however few studies have examined the results of implementation of the different protective devices available...
- Use of antibiotics in hospitals in south-western FranceA M Rogues
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 58:187-92. 2004..This study shows that it is possible for a hospital to benchmark its consumption with other hospitals that are similar in size. In this way, surveillance of antibiotic use can aid hospitals in targeting infection control efforts...
- [Is length of stay in the recovery room a risk factor for cross infections?]A M Rogues
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, groupe Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:643-7. 2002..To assess cross contamination for patients at the time of their stay in the recovery room (RR)...
- [Policies for the use of antibiotic in 99 Southwestern French hospitals in 2002]A M Rogues
Unité INSERM 657, pharmacoépidémiologie et évaluation de l impact des produits de santé sur les populations, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, France
Med Mal Infect 35:536-42. 2005..Increasing antimicrobial resistance in bacteria is a major health problem and requires the implementation of stringent policies to optimize the use of antibiotics...
- Nosocomial urinary tract infection in the intensive care unit: when should Pseudomonas aeruginosa be suspected? Experience of the French national surveillance of nosocomial infections in the intensive care unit, Rea-RaisinA G Venier
CHU, CCLIN Sud Ouest, Bordeaux, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 18:E13-5. 2012..aeruginosa. Individual risk factors were male sex, duration of stay, antibiotics at admission and transfer from another intensive care unit. Ward risk factors were patient turnover and incidence of P. aeruginosa-infected patients...
- [Reservoirs and transmission of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in intensive care unit]A Lasheras
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:99-104. 2006..The authors had for aim to study reservoirs and transmission of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intensive care unit...
- Electronic ventilator temperature sensors as a potential source of respiratory tract colonization with Stenotrophomonas maltophiliaA M Rogues
, , Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 49:289-92. 2001..The outbreak was controlled by adequate disinfection of the temperature sensors. No single epidemic strain was identified but several observations support the conclusion that the temperature probes contributed to the outbreak...
- Factors associated with the prevalence of antibiotic use for the treatment of hospital-acquired infections at 393 French hospitals: a regional variation analysisB Amadeo
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 657, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:155-62. 2011..The present study investigated regional variations in antibiotic use for the treatment of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) in France by means of a multilevel analysis, to identify targets for quality improvement...
- Antibiotic stewardship programmes: legal framework and structure and process indicator in Southwestern French hospitals, 2005-2008C Dumartin
Southwestern Regional Coordinating Centre for Nosocomial Infection Control CCLIN, Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 77:123-8. 2011..However, some actions still need to be reinforced. It appears crucial to monitor practical implementation to better approach ABS effectiveness and to adapt requirements...
- Identifying new risk factors for Pseudomonas aeruginosa pneumonia in intensive care units: experience of the French national surveillance, REA-RAISINA G Venier
Coordinating Centre for Nosocomial Infection Control, South western Regions, Bordeaux, France
J Hosp Infect 79:44-8. 2011..aeruginosa was associated with traumatism and admission in a ward with high patient turnover. Our analyses identified a patient's profile and some ward elements that could make suspect P. aeruginosa in case of nosocomial pneumonia...
- Investigation of an outbreak due to Alcaligenes xylosoxydans subspecies xylosoxydans by random amplified polymorphic DNA analysisP Lehours
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:108-13. 2002..RAPD analysis proved to be more discriminant than biotyping or antibiotyping in this context and identified the common source of the outbreak...
- Prospective follow-up of complications related to peripherally inserted central cathetersC Leroyer
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, bâtiment PQR 1 er étage, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 43:350-5. 2013..An increased use of peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) in French hospitals has been observed in recent years. We report complications having occurred following the placement of PICC in a teaching hospital...
- Is a 24-h cyclic closed enteral feeding system microbiologically safe in geriatric patients?P Lafourcade
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac Cedex, France
Clin Nutr 21:315-20. 2002..The microbiological quality of a 1-l closed enteral feeding system (CS) was prospectively monitored under clinical conditions simulating cyclic feeding over a 24-h period in geriatric patients...