Genomes and Genes
Jean Michel Petit
Affiliation: CHU de Dijon
- Lack of association between microsomal triglyceride transfer protein gene polymorphism and liver steatosis in HCV-infected patientsJean Michel Petit
Laboratoire INSERM Unité 498, CHU du Bocage, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Mol Genet Metab 88:196-8. 2006..The aim of our study was to investigate the influence of a functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the MTP gene (493G/T) on the development of HCV-related steatosis...
- A case-control study of pre-operative levels of serum neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin and other potential inflammatory markers in colorectal cancerLaurence Duvillard
Inserm UMR 866, faculté de médecine de Dijon, Dijon 21079 F, France
BMC Cancer 14:912. 2014..Concurrently, we studied other inflammatory biomarkers such as soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 and 2 (sTNFR-1, sTNFR-2), and C reactive protein (CRP)...
- Impact of liver disease severity and etiology on the occurrence of diabetes mellitus in patients with liver cirrhosisJean Michel Petit
University Hospital Dijon, Dijon, France
Acta Diabetol 51:455-60. 2014..0015). LC was strongly associated with DM, with around 40 % of diabetic patients. In the group of patients with LC without HCC, diabetes was not associated with the etiology of cirrhosis. ..
- Increased erythrocytes n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids is significantly associated with a lower prevalence of steatosis in patients with type 2 diabetesJ M Petit
Universite de Bourgogne, Centre de Recherche INSERM Unité 866, CHU du Bocage, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Clin Nutr 31:520-5. 2012..Although dietary fat contributes substantially to the accumulation of liver fat, the role of individual fatty acids in this accumulation is unclear...
- PNPLA3 polymorphism influences liver fibrosis in unselected patients with type 2 diabetesJean M Petit
Centre de Recherche, INSERM Unité 866, Universite de Bourgogne, CHU du Bocage, Dijon, France
Liver Int 31:1332-6. 2011..Recently, it has been shown that an allele in the adiponutrin (PNPLA3) gene was strongly associated with increased liver fat content (LFC) and liver fibrosis independent of visceral adiposity and insulin resistance...
- Specifically PNPLA3-mediated accumulation of liver fat in obese patients with type 2 diabetesJean Michel Petit
Universite de Bourgogne, Centre de Recherche Institute National de la Santé, Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E430-6. 2010..Recently, it has been shown in the general population that an allele in the adiponutrin (PNPLA3) gene was strongly associated with increased liver fat content (LFC), independently of visceral adiposity and insulin resistance...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver is not associated with carotid intima-media thickness in type 2 diabetic patientsJean Michel Petit
Centre de Recherche, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 866, Services de Diabétologie et Endocrinologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire du Bocage, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4103-6. 2009..In this study, we set out to determine, whether fatty liver content, evaluated using 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy, a very precise imaging technique, was associated with atherosclerosis in people with type 2 diabetes...
- Cell surface expression of LDL receptor in chronic hepatitis C: correlation with viral loadJean Michel Petit
Service de Diabétologie et d Endocrinologie, CHU du Bocage, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E416-20. 2007..In conclusion, our data provided by a human study, suggest that the LDL-R may be one of the receptors implicated in HCV replication...
- Apolipoprotein-AII concentrations are associated with liver steatosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CJean Michel Petit
Laboratoire INSERM Unité 498, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Dig Dis Sci 52:3431-4. 2007....
- Management of diabetes in French prisons: a cross-sectional studyJ M Petit
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Bocage Hospital, Dijon, France
Diabet Med 18:47-50. 2001..To assess by a survey the management of prisoners with diabetes treated with insulin in French prisons...
- Risk factors for diabetes mellitus and early insulin resistance in chronic hepatitis CJ M Petit
Service de diabétologie et endocrinologie, CHU du Bocage, Dijon, France
J Hepatol 35:279-83. 2001..Our aims were to investigate the host and viral specific factors associated with diabetes mellitus (DM) and insulin resistance in chronic hepatitis C patients...
- Decreased plasma adiponectin concentrations are closely related to steatosis in hepatitis C virus-infected patientsJean Michel Petit
Service de Diabétologie et d Endocrinologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire du Bocage, Boite Postale 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:2240-3. 2005..We used ELISA to determine serum adiponectin, leptin, and soluble TNF receptors I and II concentrations...
- Serum adiponectin and metabolic parameters in HIV-1-infected patients after substitution of nevirapine for protease inhibitorsJ M Petit
Hopital Universitaire du Bocage, Dijon, France
Eur J Clin Invest 34:569-75. 2004..The aim of the present study was to examine whether adiponectin concentration or insulin sensitivity level correlate with the modifications of lipid parameters after the switch of PI by nevirapine...
- Increased VLDL-apoB and IDL-apoB production rates in nonlipodystrophic HIV-infected patients on a protease inhibitor-containing regimen: a stable isotope kinetic studyJean Michel Petit
Laboratoire de Biochimie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U498, Hopital Universitaire du Bocage, 21000 Dijon, France
J Lipid Res 44:1692-7. 2003..These data confirm that PI therapy is associated with a physiopathological mechanism for dyslipidemia in addition to the effect of lipodystrophy on lipid metabolism...
- Hepatitis C virus-associated hypobetalipoproteinemia is correlated with plasma viral load, steatosis, and liver fibrosisJean Michel Petit
Services de Diabétologie et Endocrinologie, Dijon Cedex, France
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1150-4. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the correlation between lipid profile and virology, histologic lesions, and response to alpha interferon therapy in noncirrhotic, nondiabetic patients with hepatitis C...
- Cell surface expression of LDL receptor is decreased in type 2 diabetic patients and is normalized by insulin therapyLaurence Duvillard
Unity INSERM 498, Hopital du Bocage, Dijon Cedex, France
Diabetes Care 26:1540-4. 2003..This study was designed to analyze whether variations in the expression of LDL receptors at the cell surface could explain the results observed in kinetic studies...
- Retinol-binding protein 4 is an independent factor associated with triglycerides and a determinant of very low-density lipoprotein-apolipoprotein B100 catabolism in type 2 diabetes mellitusBruno Verges
Department of Endocrinology Diabetology, University Hospital, Dijon, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:3050-7. 2012..Plasma levels of rbp4 and triglycerides are strongly correlated in T2DM. However, we do not know whether this association is direct or indirect via liver fat content, and the link between rbp4 and triglyceride metabolism remains unknown...
- Liver methylene fraction by dual- and triple-echo gradient-echo imaging at 3.0T: Correlation with proton MR spectroscopy and estimation of robustness after SPIO administrationBoris Guiu
University of Burgundy, INSERM U866, Dijon, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 33:119-27. 2011....
- Liver fat content is associated with an increase in cholesterol synthesis independent of statin therapy use in patients with type 2 diabetesMarie Claude Brindisi
Centre de Recherche INSERM Unité 866, CHU du Bocage, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Atherosclerosis 224:465-8. 2012..We also evaluated whether this relationship could be modified by statin therapy. The study was conducted in 263 patients with type 2 diabetes, 137 of whom (52.0%) received statin therapy...
- Chronic hyperinsulinemia does not increase the production rate of high-density lipoprotein apolipoprotein AI: evidence from a kinetic study in patients with insulinomaLaurence Duvillard
From the Faculté de Médecine, Inserm U866 Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France L D, E F, F P, J M P, B V Laboratoire de Biologie Médicale, CHU, Dijon, France L D, E F Service d Endocrinologie et Maladies Métaboliques, CHU, Dijon, France J M P S B R, B V and Service d Endocrinologie et Maladies Métaboliques, CHU, Besancon, France A P
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2460-5. 2013..Thus, we hypothesized that chronic hyperinsulinemia could contribute to the increase in the production of high-density lipoprotein apoAI that is observed in metabolic syndrome...
- Prediction for steatosis in type-2 diabetes: clinico-biological markers versus 1H-MR spectroscopyBoris Guiu
INSERM U866, University of Burgundy, BP 87900, 21079, Dijon, France
Eur Radiol 22:855-63. 2012..We investigated whether the Steatotest, FLI, HSI, s-adiponectin and s-RBP4 could be valid predictors of liver steatosis in type-2 diabetic (T2D) patients...
- Quantification of liver fat content: comparison of triple-echo chemical shift gradient-echo imaging and in vivo proton MR spectroscopyBoris Guiu
Department of Radiology, Le Bocage University Hospital, Bd Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21000 Dijon, France
Radiology 250:95-102. 2009..To validate a triple-echo gradient-echo sequence for measuring the fat content of the liver, by using hydrogen 1((1)H) magnetic resonance (MR) spectroscopy as the reference standard...
- Intravoxel incoherent motion diffusion-weighted imaging in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a 3.0-T MR studyBoris Guiu
University of Burgundy, INSERM U866, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology, and Metabolic Diseases, CHU University Hospital, Dijon, France
Radiology 265:96-103. 2012....
- Comparison of apolipoprotein B100 metabolism between continuous subcutaneous and intraperitoneal insulin therapy in type 1 diabetesLaurence Duvillard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 498, Hopital du Bocage, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5761-4. 2005..c. insulin infusion with i.p. insulin infusion restores the normal physiological gradient between the portal vein and the peripheral circulation, which is likely to modify lipoprotein metabolism...
- Circulating apelin is increased in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes and is associated with better glycaemic controlMarana Habchi
Services de diabétologie et endocrinologie Université de Bourgogne, Dijon Cedex, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 81:696-701. 2014..Apelin is an adipokine expressed in several tissues and it appears to be involved in energy metabolism...
- Macroscopic heterogeneity of liver fat: an MR-based study in type-2 diabetic patientsViolaine Capitan
Department of Radiology, CHU University Hospital, 14 rue Paul Gaffarel, BP 77908, 21079, Dijon, France
Eur Radiol 22:2161-8. 2012..To assess the heterogeneity of liver fat deposition with MR of the liver in type-2 diabetic (T2D) patients...
- Changes in apolipoprotein B100-containing lipoprotein metabolism due to an estrogen plus progestin oral contraceptive: a stable isotope kinetic studyLaurence Duvillard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 866, Universite de Bourgogne, Faculte de Medecine, Dijon F 21000, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2140-6. 2010..However, the precise changes in apoB kinetic parameters induced by oral contraceptives that are now currently used are unknown...
- Concentration of circulating oxidized LDL in HIV-infected patients treated with antiretroviral agents: relation to HIV-related lipodystrophyMichel Duong
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Dijon, France
HIV Clin Trials 7:41-7. 2006..The aim of the study was to investigate the concentrations of ox-LDL in HIV-infected patients under antiretroviral therapy with (HIV-LD) or without (HIV-nLD) HIV-related lipodystrophy...
- Endogenous chronic hyperinsulinemia does not increase the production rate of VLDL apolipoprotein B: proof from a kinetic study in patients with insulinomaLaurence Duvillard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 866, Universite de Bourgogne, Faculte de Medecine, Dijon F 21000 France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2163-70. 2011..However, the involvement of hyperinsulinemia independently of the other abnormalities also observed in metabolic syndrome has never been proven in humans...
- Visceral fat area as a new independent predictive factor of survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with antiangiogenic agentsSylvain Ladoire
Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Centre de Recherche Inserm 866, Faculte de Medecine, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon, France
Oncologist 16:71-81. 2011..Conclusion. Our study provides the first evidence that high VFA could be a predictive biomarker from shorter survival in patients given first-line antiangiogenic agents for mRCC...
- Visceral fat area is an independent predictive biomarker of outcome after first-line bevacizumab-based treatment in metastatic colorectal cancerBoris Guiu
Department of Radiology, Georges Francois Leclerc Cancer Cente, Dijon, France
Gut 59:341-7. 2010..Adipose tissue releases angiogenic factors that may promote tumour growth...
- Mapping of liver fat with triple-echo gradient echo imaging: validation against 3.0-T proton MR spectroscopyBoris Guiu
Department of Radiology, Le Bocage University Hospital, Bd Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21000, Dijon, France
Eur Radiol 19:1786-93. 2009..6% (87/91) of data points were within the limits of agreement. Given its excellent agreement with (1)H-MRS, our mapping technique can be used for visual and quantitative evaluation of liver fat in everyday practice...
- Characteristics of diabetic patients and diabetes care in cardiac rehabilitationMaud Beacco
Service Endocrinologie, diabétologie et maladies métaboliques, Hopital du Bocage, CHU, 21000 Dijon, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 107:391-7. 2014..Although diabetes is associated with a high cardiovascular risk, very little information is available about diabetic patients enrolled in cardiac rehabilitation (CR)...
- Adiponectin is an important determinant of apoA-I catabolismBruno Verges
Service Endocrinologie, diabétologie et maladies métaboliques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Dijon, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1364-9. 2006....
- Increased apolipoprotein AI production rate and redistribution of high-density lipoprotein size induced by estrogen plus progestin as oral contraceptiveLaurence Duvillard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 866 Université de Bourgogne, Faculte de Medecine, Dijon F 21000, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4891-7. 2009..The impact of estrogen plus progestin as an oral contraceptive on high density lipoprotein (HDL) apolipoprotein (apo) AI metabolism in humans is poorly understood...
- No change in apolipoprotein AI metabolism when subcutaneous insulin infusion is replaced by intraperitoneal insulin infusion in type 1 diabetic patientsLaurence Duvillard
INSERM U498, Dijon F 21000, France
Atherosclerosis 194:342-7. 2007..As far as HDL metabolism is concerned there is no advantage in favour of one way of insulin administration or another...
- Rosuvastatin 20 mg restores normal HDL-apoA-I kinetics in type 2 diabetesBruno Verges
Service Endocrinologie, diabétologie et maladies métaboliques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Dijon, 21033 Dijon, France
J Lipid Res 50:1209-15. 2009..These kinetic modifications may have beneficial effects by increasing HDL plasma residence time...
- PIK3R1 mutations cause syndromic insulin resistance with lipoatrophyChristel Thauvin-Robinet
Equipe d Accueil 4271, Génétique des Anomalies du Developpement, Universite de Bourgogne, F 21079 Dijon, France
Am J Hum Genet 93:141-9. 2013....
- Multiplexed flow cytometric analyses of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in the culture media of oxysterol-treated human monocytic cells and in the sera of atherosclerotic patientsCéline Prunet
Inserm U498 IFR 100, CHU Hôpital du Bocage, Laboratoire de Biochimie Medicale, Dijon, France
Cytometry A 69:359-73. 2006....
- Bacterial endocarditis complicating mitral annular calcification: a clinical and echocardiographic studyJean Christophe Eicher
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Dijon, France
J Heart Valve Dis 13:217-27. 2004..The study aim was to assess the frequency and specific features of bacterial endocarditis complicating MAC...
- Glycated albumin with loss of fatty acid binding capacity contributes to enhanced arachidonate oxygenation and platelet hyperactivity: relevance in patients with type 2 diabetesDenis Blache
Centre de Recherche INSERM UMR 866, Lipides, Nutrition, Cancer, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Diabetes 64:960-72. 2015..This newly described mechanism, in addition to hypoalbuminemia, may contribute to platelet hyperactivity and increased thrombosis, known to occur in patients with T2D. ..
- 3q27.3 microdeletional syndrome: a recognisable clinical entity associating dysmorphic features, marfanoid habitus, intellectual disability and psychosis with mood disorderJulien Thévenon
Centre de Génétique et Centre de Référence Anomalies du Développement et Syndromes Malformatifs, CHU de Dijon, Dijon, France
J Med Genet 51:21-7. 2014..Although 3q29 subtelomeric deletion is a well-described syndrome, there is no report on 3q interstitial deletions...
- Preoperative adipocytokines as a predictor of surgical infection after colorectal surgery: a prospective surveyPablo Ortega-Deballon
Department of Digestive Surgical Oncology, University Hospital of Dijon, Dijon, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 29:23-9. 2014..The aim of this study was to look for a relationship between the fatty tissue metabolism measured by adipocytokine levels and the risk of postoperative infection...