Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- French clinical practice guidelines on the management of patients on vitamin K antagonists in at-risk situations (overdose, risk of bleeding, and active bleeding)Gilles Pernod
Vascular Medical unit, CHU Grenoble, Grenoble
Thromb Res 126:e167-74. 2010....
- Management of major bleeding complications and emergency surgery in patients on long-term treatment with direct oral anticoagulants, thrombin or factor-Xa inhibitors: proposals of the working group on perioperative haemostasis (GIHP) - March 2013Gilles Pernod
Vascular Medicine Department, University Hospital, UJF Grenoble 1 CNRS TIMC IMAG UMR 5525 Themas, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 106:382-93. 2013....
- [Questions--answers on the use of rivaroxaban for the treatment of venous thromboembolic disease]G Pernod
Département de médecine vasculaire, UJF Grenoble 1 CNRS TIMC IMAG UMR 5525 Themas, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Mal Vasc 37:300-10. 2012..This report addresses the use of rivaroxaban in clinical practice in such indications...
- EDUC'AVK: reduction of oral anticoagulant-related adverse events after patient education: a prospective multicenter open randomized studyGilles Pernod
Department of Vascular Medicine, CHU Grenoble, Grenoble, France
J Gen Intern Med 23:1441-6. 2008..Insufficient patient education is linked to poorly controlled anticoagulation. However the impact of a specific educational program on anticoagulation related morbidity remains unknown...
- Surgery in severe factor XIII deficiency: report of a case of epilepsy neurosurgery and reviewG Pernod
Haemostasis Unit, CHL1, Grendale, France
Haemophilia 9:121-4. 2003..We report here an epilepsy neurosurgery in a case of severe FXIII deficiency...
- [Routine preoperative evaluation of hemostasis]G Pernod
Unite d hémostase, DBPC, CHU Grenoble, BP 217X, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 104:91-7. 2003..Applied in an informative population, clinical evaluation enables optimal utilization of laboratory results...
- Outcomes for inpatients with normal findings on whole-leg ultrasonography: a prospective studyMarie Antoinette Sevestre
Techniques de l Ingénierie Médicale et de la Complexité, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5525, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France Vascular Medicine Unit, Amiens University Hospital, Amiens, France
Am J Med 123:158-65. 2010..This study aimed to estimate the rate of venous thromboembolism when anticoagulant therapy was withheld from inpatients with normal findings on whole-leg ultrasonography...
- Surgery and invasive procedures in patients on long-term treatment with direct oral anticoagulants: thrombin or factor-Xa inhibitors. Recommendations of the Working Group on Perioperative Haemostasis and the French Study Group on Thrombosis and HaemostasiPierre Sie
Haematology Department, University Hospital, Toulouse 31059, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 104:669-76. 2011....
- [Therapy education for patients receiving oral anti-coagulants vitamin K antagonists]Bernadette Satger
Réseau ville hôpital Granted, Grenoble, F 38400 ST Martin D Hères, France
Presse Med 38:1780-7. 2009..This approach makes it possible to adapt the educational message to individual patients and their daily lives, as well as directly involving them in the management of their treatment...
- Effect of non-specific reversal agents on anticoagulant activity of dabigatran and rivaroxaban: a randomised crossover ex vivo study in healthy volunteersRaphaël Marlu
Haemostasis Unit, University Hospital Grenoble, France
Thromb Haemost 108:217-24. 2012..However, clinical evaluation is needed regarding haemorrhagic situations, and a meticulous risk-benefit evaluation regarding their use in this context is required...
- Low-molecular-weight heparin prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis for older patients with restricted mobility: propensity analyses of data from two multicentre, cross-sectional studiesJose Labarere
Quality of Care Unit, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Drugs Aging 26:263-71. 2009..Although older patients with restricted mobility are at increased risk for venous thromboembolism, they are under-represented in clinical trials evaluating prophylactic treatments against deep vein thrombosis (DVT)...
- Cardiovascular mortality and C-reactive protein in elderly patients beginning dialysis: reverse epidemiology?Claire Millet
Geriatric University Clinic, University Hospital of Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, Grenoble, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 23:357-63. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine whether, in elderly ESRD patients, the conventional relationship between elevated CRP and cardiovascular mortality is maintained...
- Accuracy of complete compression ultrasound in ruling out suspected deep venous thrombosis in the ambulatory setting. A prospective cohort studyMarie Antoinette Sevestre
ThEMAS, TIMC UMR 5525 CNRS Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Thromb Haemost 102:166-72. 2009..6%, 95% CI, 0.3-1.2) died during the three-month follow-up. In conclusion, anticoagulant therapy can be safely withheld after negative complete compression ultrasound without further testing in the ambulatory office setting...
- FVIIa corrects the coagulopathy of fulminant hepatic failure but may be associated with thrombosis: a report of four casesPatricia Pavese
Department of Reanimation Medicale, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Can J Anaesth 52:26-9. 2005..Recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) has shown promise in treating the coagulopathy of liver disease. We review our experience with the use of rFVIIa in treating the coagulopathy of FHF during urgent liver transplantation...
- Non-severe pulmonary embolism: prognostic CT findingsAnne Line Moroni
University J Fourrier, Grenoble, France
Eur J Radiol 79:452-8. 2011..Concomitant lower limb DVT and comorbid conditions were important predictors of death. In clinically non-severe PE, a RV/LV diameter ratio >1 is predictive of death when the embolic burden is low (< 40%)...
- Should plasma homocysteine be used as a biomarker of venous thromboembolism? A case-control studyVeronique Ducros
Département de Biologie Intégrée Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, BP 217 X, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:517-22. 2009..Mild or moderate hyperhomocysteinemia does not seem to be a strong determinant in VTE not only when the control group does not exclusively include healthy persons but also in investigated disease-free (thromboembolic disease) controls...
- Brief report: graduated compression stocking thromboprophylaxis for elderly inpatients: a propensity analysisJose Labarere
ThEMAS TIMC IMAG UMR CNRS 5525 UJF, Grenoble, France
J Gen Intern Med 21:1282-7. 2006..Graduated compression stockings (GCS) are often used for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis in nonsurgical patients, although evidence on their effectiveness is lacking in this setting...
- The Diamant Alpin Dialysis cohort study: clinico-biological characteristics and cardiovascular genetic risk profile of incident patientsGilles Pernod
CHU Grenoble, France
J Nephrol 17:66-75. 2004....
- Successful use of recombinant factor VIIa for severe surgical liver bleeding in a 5 month-old babyC Barro
Cell Biology and Pathology Department Child Intensive Care Unit, CHU Grenoble, France
Haemophilia 10:183-5. 2004..A single recombinant activated factor VII injection following enlarged hepatectomy helped to resolve quickly this life-threatening haemorrhagic syndrome...
- Validation of a clinical guideline on prevention of venous thromboembolism in medical inpatients: a before-and-after study with systematic ultrasound examinationJ Labarere
Unite d Evaluation Medicale, Pavillon D, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, 38 043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Intern Med 256:338-48. 2004..Clinical practice guidelines on prevention of venous thromboembolism in medical inpatients have been implemented in various settings, although few studies have assessed their impact on venous thromboembolism events...
- Analysis of biological phenotypes from 42 patients with inherited factor VII deficiency: can biological tests predict the bleeding risk?Muriel Giansily-Blaizot
Laboratory of Haematology, CHU Montpellier, France
Haematologica 89:704-9. 2004..Our study was aimed at defining biological parameters that are possibly predictive for bleeding risk in this condition...
- More on: incorrect use of thromboprophylaxis for venous thromboembolism in medical and surgical patients: results of a multicentric, observational, and cross-sectional study in BrazilJ Labarere
J Thromb Haemost 4:2737-8. 2006
- [Thromboprohylaxis in orthopedic surgery and traumatology]P Mismetti
Unité de pharmacologie clinique EA 3065, CIE 3n, Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Hopital Bellevue, CHU, Saint Etienne, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:871-89. 2005..But LMWH has to be considered for patients with additional risk factors. Prophylaxis in other orthopedic procedures has not been assessed and will be extrapolated from the above recommendations...
- More on: asymptomatic thrombophilia--a family affairG Pernod
J Thromb Haemost 3:1329-30. 2005
- More on: a survey of thrombosis prophylaxis use in patients undergoing arthroscopic surgeryG Pernod
J Thromb Haemost 3:1115-6. 2005
- Quantitative high D-dimer value is predictive of pulmonary embolism occurrence independently of clinical score in a well-defined low risk factor populationJ L Bosson
Hemostasis Unit, DBPC, Grenoble, France
J Thromb Haemost 3:93-9. 2005..A clinical validation of these results in a follow-up study would now be necessary before considering the implementation of this strategy into clinical practice...
- Non-conform diagnostic management of pulmonary embolism suspected patients is responsible for a higher risk of thrombotic event occurrenceJ L Bosson
Center of Clinical Investigation, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Mal Vasc 32:15-22. 2007..3 [1.1-10, 95% CI]. Therefore we demonstrated that a non-conform diagnostic management strategy is associated with a higher risk of thrombotic event occurrence...