Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Primary digestive Richter's syndromeM Parrens
Department of Pathology, Hopital du Haut leveque, Pessac, France
Mod Pathol 14:452-7. 2001..Indeed, appropriate surgical resection combined with chemotherapy led to partial or complete remission in four patients...
- Sequential development of Hodgkin's disease and CD30+ diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in a patient with MALT-type lymphoma: evidence of different clonal origin of single microdissected Reed-Sternberg cellsMarie Parrens
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology, CHU and University of Bordeaux 2, Bat 3B, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1634-42. 2002....
- Splitting bone marrow trephines into frozen and fixed fragments allows parallel histological and molecular detection of B cell malignant infiltratesM Parrens
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology, CHU et, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Pathol 59:1111-3. 2006..The histological detection rate of infiltrated or suspicious infiltrates (95%) on the fixed part was not altered by saving a frozen part...
- Blastoid and common variants of mantle cell lymphoma exhibit distinct immunophenotypic and interphase FISH featuresM Parrens
Department of Pathology and Tumour Biology, CHU Bordeaux and Equipe 2406, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Histopathology 48:353-62. 2006..Our aim was to analyse 18 MCL cases including four BV-MCL for their clinicopathological features, proliferation index, cyclin D1 and CDK4 expression and interphase fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) pattern...
- Combined analysis of T cell receptor gamma and immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangements at the single-cell level in lymphomas with dual genotypeB Vergier
Equipe Histologie et Pathologie Moléculaire, EA 2406, Case 8, Bat 36, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, France
J Pathol 198:171-80. 2002..Specific genetic alterations may be further amplified from microdissected cryopreserved material, such as the t(11;14) breakpoint detected in bigenotypic B cells of the mantle cell lymphoma case...
- [Interphase FISH analysis of frozen or fixed tissues for the detection of t(11;14) (q13;q32) in mantle cell lymphoma]M A Belaud-Rotureau
EA 2406 Histologie et Pathologie Moléculaire, Universite Victor Segalen, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Morphologie 85:15-22. 2001..The FISH analysis on interphase cells appears a performing and rapid technique to detect t(11;14) in MCL on both frozen and paraffin-embedded tissue, thus extending its practical and diagnostic use...
- Intrasinusoidal bone marrow infiltration revealing intravascular lymphomatosisM Parrens
Laboratoire d anatomie et cytologie pathologiques, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Leuk Lymphoma 37:219-23. 2000..Early systemic chemotherapy, which represents the only chance of remission in such an aggressive disease, can then be initiated...
- Identification of novel trkA variants with deletions in leucine-rich motifs of the extracellular domainP Dubus
Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, UFR III, E A 2406, Universite Bordeaux II, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux, France
J Neuroimmunol 107:42-9. 2000..Their combined expression with trkA L3 transcripts suggests that specific peripheral TrkA oligomers may modulate NGF binding and function in non-neuronal cells...
- Expression of neurotrophins and their receptors in human bone marrowE Labouyrie
Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Am J Pathol 154:405-15. 1999..The local expression of neurotrophin genes suggests a wide range of paracrine and/or autocrine mode of action through their corresponding receptors within the bone marrow...
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome - lymphocytic variant transforming into peripheral T-cell lymphoma with severe oral manifestationsJ M d'Elbée
Department of Dentistry and Oral Health, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 116:e185-90. 2013..Although progression into peripheral T-cell lymphoma is documented as a rare complication of HES-L, severe oral extension of HES-L is described for the first time. ..
- [Splenic marginal zone lymphoma and autoimmunity: report of six cases]H Voinchet
Service de Medecine Interne, Hôpital Saint André, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Rev Med Interne 31:4-11. 2010..Autoimmune cytopenia (anemia, thrombocytopenia) are the most frequently reported autoimmune conditions. However, other immunological manifestations may be associated with SMZL...
- A possible association between Chlamydiae psittacci infection and temporal arteritisF Bonnet
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Joint Bone Spine 67:550-2. 2000..Prospective seroepidemiological and molecular biology studies could allow us to clarify the association between Chlamydia infections and inflammatory vasculitis-like temporal arteritis...
- Severe pancytopenia triggered by recombinant hepatitis B vaccineJ F Viallard
Clinique de médecine interne et maladies infectieuses, Service d Hematologie, Laboratoire d anatomopathologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Br J Haematol 110:230-3. 2000..It is therefore possible that the pancytopenia was induced by a dysregulation of the CD8+ T-cell compartment via increased IFN-gamma production...
- Reversible myelofibrosis induced by tuberculosisJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Clin Infect Dis 34:1641-3. 2002..We describe the case of a 28-year-old man in whom myelofibrosis disappeared completely after administration of antituberculous treatment, which suggests that a causal relationship exists between the 2 disease entities...
- The relative levels of cyclin D1a and D1b alternative transcripts in mantle cell lymphoma may depend more on sample origin than on CCND1 polymorphismNathalie Carrere
Haematologica 90:854-6. 2005..No correlation was observed between expression of cyclin D1 isoforms and CCND1 genotype at position 870...
- Interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization is more sensitive than BIOMED-2 polymerase chain reaction protocol in detecting IGH-BCL2 rearrangement in both fixed and frozen lymph node with follicular lymphomaMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
Pathology Laboratory, CHU Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Hum Pathol 38:365-72. 2007..Whether such IGH-BCL2-negative cases are characterized by alternative oncogenetic pathways remains to be determined...
- [Subacute necrotizing lymphadenitis or Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease]Jean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac
Presse Med 36:1683-93. 2007..The course is usually benign with resolution in a few months with the use of antiinflammatory drugs. Regular follow-up is required because SLE may develop several years after the onset of Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease...
- Mucosal intraepithelial T-lymphocytes in refractory celiac disease: a neoplastic population with a variable CD8 phenotypeAntoine de Mascarel
Department of Pathology, CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac EA2406 Histology and Pathology, University of Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:744-51. 2008..However, cases with a normal CD3 CD8 IEL phenotype may correspond to RCD. In such cases, we suggest that molecular analysis of TCR-gamma genes is a useful method for identifying cases with RCD...
- [Composite lymphoma: association of a follicular lymphoma and a chronic lymphocytic leukemia]Florian Rabiller
Service d anatomie et cytopathologie, département de pathologie et biologie moléculaire, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Pathol 28:41-4. 2008..Routinely, CL must not be misdiagnosed because of its prognosis and treatment implication...
- Thymoma-associated neuromyotonia with antibodies against voltage-gated potassium channels presenting as chronic intestinal pseudo-obstructionJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Eur Neurol 53:60-3. 2005....
- Bone marrow histopathologic and molecular staging in epidermotropic T-cell lymphomasVincent Sibaud
Oncodermatology Unit, Dermatology Department, Saint André University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Pathol 119:414-23. 2003..No further prognostic value was observed for the presence of a T-cell clone in bone marrow specimens. Our data do not support the need for bone marrow examination in patients with mycosis fungoides/Sézary syndrome...
- [Interphase FISH analysis on histologic sections of fixed tissues for t(11;14) (q13;q32) detection in mantle cell lymphoma and t(8;14)(q24;q32) in Burkitt's lymphoma]Marc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
EA 2406 Histologie et Pathologie Moléculaire, Universite de Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Ann Pathol 22:145-9. 2002..Interphase FISH analysis of fixed-tissue sections is a reliable technique for the direct detection of lymphoma-associated translocations on routine histological material...
- Cystic lymphangioma of the heart mimicking a mediastinal tumorJacques Jougon
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:476-8. 2002..Complete resection was performed via a median sternotomy under cardiopulmonary bypass and cardiac arrest after transection of the aorta and pulmonary trunk...
- A comparative analysis of FISH, RT-PCR, PCR, and immunohistochemistry for the diagnosis of mantle cell lymphomasMarc Antoine Belaud-Rotureau
Department of Histology and Molecular Pathology, Victor Segalen University, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 15:517-25. 2002..It may also provide some informations on secondary cytogenetic changes of potential clinical relevance...
- A solitary minute thyroid lymphoma of MALT-type without lymphoid thyroiditisHélène Trouette
Department of Pathology, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU Bordeaux, Pessac Cedex, France
Endocr Pathol 13:235-8. 2002..MALT-type low-grade lymphoma may, in some instances, develop de novo within the thyroid without an antecedent MALT-type lymphoma...
- Gammadelta T lymphocytosis associated with granulomatous disease in a patient with common variable immunodeficiencyJean Francois Viallard
Clinique de médecine interne et maladies infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Centre François Magendie, 33604 Pessac, France
Clin Infect Dis 35:e134-7. 2002..In the peripheral blood, there was a massive increase in the number of double-negative CD3+ T cells that expressed the gammadelta T cell receptor...
- Value of interphase FISH for the diagnosis of t(11:14)(q13;q32) on skin lesions of mantle cell lymphomaPierre Dubus
Histology and Molecular Pathology Laboratory, University of Bordeaux 2, France
Am J Clin Pathol 118:832-41. 2002..The recognition of skin lesions of MCL from other B-cell infiltrates can be established by interphase FISH...
- Severe prolonged red blood cell aplasia and thrombocytopenia induced by parvovirus B19 infection in a patient with sarcoidosisJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Centre François Magendie, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Clin Infect Dis 36:229-33. 2003..Because hematopoietic suppression by IFN-gamma has been reported, a possible mechanism underlying reticulocytopenia and thrombocytopenia could involve IFN-gamma...
- Primary Lung Small B-Cell Lymphoma versus Lymphoid Hyperplasia: Evaluation of Diagnostic Criteria in 26 CasesHugues Begueret
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology, Universite de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 26:76-81. 2002..4% of the mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue-type lymphoma specimens. Investigation of H. pylori by polymerase chain reaction detection was negative, even for the two cases associated with H. pylori gastritis...
- [Lymphomatoid granulomatosis after treatment of an acute myeloid leukemia]Florence Ragage
Departement de Pathologie, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Pathol 26:22-5. 2006..The differential diagnosis mainly includes pulmonary vasculitis and Hodgkin's lymphoma. The outcome of this lymphoproliferation is highly variable, ranging from an indolent process to an aggressive large cell lymphoma...
- A longitudinal and prospective study of Epstein-Barr virus load in AIDS-related non-Hodgkin lymphomaFabrice Bonnet
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Clin Virol 36:258-63. 2006..Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) may be causally associated with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) in HIV-infected patients...
- Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue of the thymus hyperplasia vs lymphomaMarie Parrens
Department of Pathology and Molecular Biology, University of Bordeaux 2, Pessac, France
Am J Clin Pathol 117:51-6. 2002..Appropriate sampling, cytokeratin staining, and molecular analyses may help to identify early MALT-type lymphoma developing in the setting of thymic lymphofollicular hyperplasia...