Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Characteristics and management of congenital esophageal stenosis: findings from a multicenter studyLaurent Michaud
Reference Centre for Congenital and Malformative Esophageal Diseases, Lille, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:186. 2013..Congenital esophageal stenosis (CES) is a rare condition frequently associated with esophageal atresia (EA). There are limited data from small series about the presentation, treatment, and outcomes of CES...
- A practical approach to the child with abnormal liver testsThierry Lamireau
Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit, Children s Hospital, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France Electronic address
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 38:259-62. 2014..A stepwise approach is proposed to guide the timing of more specific investigations that are often required. ..
- [Epidemiology of celiac disease]T Lamireau
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 61:e1-4. 2013..There is a progression with time from latent to silent form, and then to the active disease. The exclusion of the gluten from the diet leads to the regression from the active to the latent form of the disease...
- Esophageal involvement in Stevens-Johnson syndromeT Lamireau
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Endoscopy 33:550-3. 2001..Enteral nutrition can be helpful to provide feeding, limit weight loss, and support skin healing. No strictures were diagnosed during the follow-up period of these patients...
- Efficacy and tolerance of infliximab in children and adolescents with Crohn's diseaseThierry Lamireau
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Cedex, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:745-50. 2004..Nevertheless, long-term efficacy remains to be shown, and further studies are urgently needed to precisely determine the best modality of continuing treatment...
- [Mechanisms of hepatic fibrogenesis]T Lamireau
Groupe de Recherches pour l Etude du Foie, INSERM E9917, Universite Victor Segalen, Departement de Pediatrie, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Arch Pediatr 9:392-405. 2002..Serological tests are warranted to allow a non invasive follow up of patients. Development of antifibrotic therapies should soon permit to slow down the evolution toward cirrhosis, limiting the needs for hepatic transplantation...
- SMAD4 germinal mosaicism in a family with juvenile polyposis and hypertrophic osteoarthropathyThierry Lamireau
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:117-20. 2005
- [What can confirm the celiac disease diagnosis?]T Lamireau
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex
Arch Pediatr 15:504-5. 2008
- Intra-rachidian disorders: two unusual cases of recurrent abdominal pain in childrenL Rebouissoux
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Bordeaux, France
Acta Paediatr 92:395-7. 2003..Magnetic resonance examination will then precisely state the location and nature of the pathological process, avoiding excessive delay in therapeutic management...
- [Chronic exanthema in a child with congenital rubella]A Lasek-Duriez
Unité de dermatologie pédiatrique, Centre de référence des maladies rares de la peau, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, CHU de Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:222-4. 2008..Since congenital rubella has become extremely uncommon following the introduction of rubella vaccination, cutaneous signs are currently rarely reported...
- Accidental caustic ingestion in children: is endoscopy always mandatory?T Lamireau
Pediatric Emergency Care Unit, Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 33:81-4. 2001..The aim of this study was to determine the predictive value of clinical symptoms and ingested-substance types as markers of severe esophagogastric lesions and to define indications for endoscopy...
- [Intrapleural fibrinolytic treatment and infectious pleuresies: three pediatric cases]C Trouilloud
, , 33076 Bordeaux, France
Arch Pediatr 8:294-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: The clinical utility, in terms of the reduction of the duration of hospitalization and additional surgical treatment, should be assessed in prospective studies...
- [Radiological quiz of the month: intramural pseudodiverticulosis of the esophagus in a child presenting with dysphagia]P Tourneux
Département de Pédiatrie Médicale, Hopital des Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 10:545-7. 2003
- [Recurrent pancreatitis revealing Crohn's disease]G Barba
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Arch Pediatr 9:1053-5. 2002..Crohn's disease may exceptionally be revealed by recurrent pancreatitis...
- Gaucher's disease and fatal hepatic fibrosis despite prolonged enzyme replacement therapyYves Perel
Department of Pediatrics, Onco Hematology Unit, University Hospital, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Pediatrics 109:1170-3. 2002..In some cases of Gaucher's disease, alternative strategies such as fractionated or further increased ERT, gene therapy, or glucosyltransferase inhibitor should be explored...
- Liver stiffness measurement in children using FibroScan: feasibility study and comparison with Fibrotest, aspartate transaminase to platelets ratio index, and liver biopsyVictor de Ledinghen
INSERM, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:443-50. 2007....
- Effects of bile acids on biliary epithelial cell proliferation and portal fibroblast activation using rat liver slicesHaude Clouzeau-Girard
INSERM E0362, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Lab Invest 86:275-85. 2006..The fact that PCLS support biliary epithelial cell and portal fibroblast proliferation will make this model very useful for the study of the mechanisms involved in portal fibrosis...
- Dietary lecithin protects against cholestatic liver disease in cholic acid-fed Abcb4- deficient miceThierry Lamireau
Unité de recherche en gastroentérologie nutrition, Research Centre, CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Pediatr Res 61:185-90. 2007..The L-supplemented diet dramatically mitigated the hepatic damage in CA-supplemented diet animals. We conclude that L is protective against liver disease in Abcb4-/- mice and suggest that it could offer potential benefit in PFIC3...
- Effects of dietary soybean lecithin on plasma lipid transport and hepatic cholesterol metabolism in ratsMarie Josée Leblanc
Department of Nutrition, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Nutr Biochem 14:40-8. 2003....
- Effects of bile acids on biliary epithelial cells: proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cytokine secretionThierry Lamireau
Unité de recherche en gastroentérologie nutrition, Centre de Recherche, Hopital Sainte Justine, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Life Sci 72:1401-11. 2003..Furthermore, TC, a major biliary acid in human bile, stimulated secretion of cytokines involved in the inflammatory and fibrotic processes occurring during cholestatic liver diseases...
- Role of apoptosis in the remodeling of cholestatic liver injury following release of the mechanical stressAndréa M A Costa
Groupe de Recherches pour l Etude du Foie, INSERM E0362, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, France
Virchows Arch 442:372-80. 2003..In summary, we show that mere biliary decompression, by relieving the mechanical stress, is as effective as bilioduodenal anastomosis to induce apoptosis of portal cells that likely triggers portal fibrosis regression...
- Epidemiology of liver disease in cystic fibrosis: a longitudinal studyThierry Lamireau
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hospital Sainte Justine, 3175 chemin de la Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Canada H3T 1C5
J Hepatol 41:920-5. 2004..To describe the prevalence of liver disease in a cohort of 241 cystic fibrosis (CF) patients...
- Abnormal hepatic expression of fibrillin-1 in children with cholestasisThierry Lamireau
Groupe de Recherches pour l Etude du Foie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 26:637-46. 2002..Finally, in normal and pathologic tissues, fibrillin-1 was co-localized with its putative receptor alphaVbeta3 in sinusoids but not around biliary structures...
- Expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 in murine and human liver regulation during inflammationToru Hisaka
GREF, INSERM E 362 and IFR 66, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Thromb Haemost 91:569-75. 2004..The large difference in the level of liver expression of human and murine TFPI-2 suggests that despite significant sequence similarities, these proteins presumably have different functions in the two species...