Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- Clinical expression of Menkes disease in females with normal karyotypeLisbeth Birk Møller
Center of Applied Human Genetics, Kennedy Center, GL, Landevej 7, Glostrup, Denmark
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:6. 2012..In the largest cohort of MD patients reported so far which consists of 517 families we identified 9 neurologically affected carriers with normal karyotypes...
- Gender differences in copper, zinc and selenium status in diabetic-free metabolic syndrome European population - the IMMIDIET studyJ Arnaud
INSERM, U 884, Bioénergétique Fondamentale et Appliquée, BP 53X, Grenoble Cedex 9, F38041 France
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 22:517-24. 2012....
- Plasma selenium and risk of dysglycemia in an elderly French population: results from the prospective Epidemiology of Vascular Ageing StudyTasnime N Akbaraly
INSERM, U888, F 34093, Montpellier, France Université Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:21. 2010..Given these controversial results, we investigated prospectively the relationship between baseline plasma selenium concentration and occurrence of dysglycemia (impaired fasting glucose or type 2 diabetes) in an elderly French cohort...
- Factors associated with longitudinal plasma selenium decline in the elderly: the EVA studyJosiane Arnaud
Nutrition, Vieillissement et Maladies Cardiovasculaires, Universite Joseph Fourier, Domaine de la Merci, 38700 La Tronche, France
J Nutr Biochem 18:482-7. 2007..The respective roles played by nutritional and metabolism changes in the mechanism of these associations still need to be explored...
- Clinical and radiographic improvement of rickets in Bangladeshi children as a result of nutritional adviceJ Arnaud
Department of Integrated Biology, Clinical Biology Unit, University Hospital Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Ann Trop Paediatr 27:185-91. 2007..Calcium-deficiency rickets is common in south-east Bangladesh and responds to calcium supplementation...
- Effect of low dose antioxidant vitamin and trace element supplementation on the urinary concentrations of thromboxane and prostacyclin metabolitesJosiane Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Am Coll Nutr 26:405-11. 2007..This trial evaluated the effect of antioxidant supplementation on the urinary excretion of 11-dehydro TXB(2)/2,3 dinor 6 keto PGF(1alpha) ratio, a marker of the pathogenesis of thrombosis and arteriosclerosis...
- Relationships between selenium, lipids, iron status and hormonal therapy in women of the SU.VI.M.AX cohortJosiane Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, pole de biologie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 21:66-9. 2007..074, p<0.07 depending on groups) or ferritin in serum (r(2) from 0.032 to 0.075, p<0.07 depending on groups). These relationships could explain the differences observed according to hormonal treatment and age in the SU.VI.MAX study...
- Quality specifications for the determination of copper, zinc, and selenium in human serum or plasma: evaluation of an approach based on biological and analytical variationJosiane Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, pole de biologie, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Clin Chem 54:1892-9. 2008..However, monitoring of participant performance varies according to the scheme and can lead to conflicting conclusions...
- Fibrates but not statins increase plasma selenium in dyslipidemic aged patients--the EVA studyJosiane Arnaud
INSERM, U884, F 38000 Grenoble, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 23:21-8. 2009....
- Determinants of serum zinc concentrations in a population of French middle-age subjects (SU.VI.MAX cohort)J Arnaud
INSERM U884, Laboratoire de Bioénergétique Fondamentale et Appliquée LBFA, Grenoble, F 38000, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:1057-64. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationships between serum zinc concentrations, and age, education, living area and life style in a large sample cohort of French adults...
- Serum selenium determinants in French adults: the SU.VI.M.AX studyJ Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHU de Grenoble, 75003 Paris, France
Br J Nutr 95:313-20. 2006..The largest Se associations in both sexes were found with regions, smoking, alcohol, meat and fish consumption. Further studies are needed to understand the difference in Se status between genders...
- Seasonal variations of antioxidant imbalance in Cuban healthy menJ Arnaud
Laboratoire de Biochimie, C CHUG, BP 217, Grenoble, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 55:29-38. 2001..To determine the antioxidant imbalance in healthy Cuban men 2y after the end of the epidemic neuropathy (50 862 cases from 1991 to 1993) and to evaluate its change over 1 y...
- Vitamin B intake and status in healthy Havanan men, 2 years after the Cuban neuropathy epidemicJ Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHUG, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Br J Nutr 85:741-8. 2001....
- Beneficial effect of an antioxidant micronutrient-enriched food on DNA damage: experimental study in rats using a modified comet assay in total bloodI Hininger
L B S O UFR Pharmacie, 38700 La Tronche, France
IARC Sci Publ 156:395-6. 2002
- Relation between serum lipoperoxide concentrations and iron or copper status over one year in Cuban adult menJ Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHUG, Grenoble, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 15:24-30. 2001..These results suggested that iron and copper status may be associated with lipid peroxidation in subjects without metal overloads and that variations over the year needed to be taken in account...
- Selenium status in an iodine deficient population of the West Ivory CoastJ Arnaud
Department of Integral Biology, CHUG, Grenoble, France
J Physiol Anthropol Appl Human Sci 20:81-4. 2001..The results clearly demonstrate a selenium deficiency and suggest an oxidant stress in Glanlé. Causes and consequences of this selenium deficiency and oxidant stress remain to be determined...
- Plasma fatty acid status in Moroccan children: increased lipid peroxidation and impaired polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism in protein-calorie malnutritionF Z Squali Houssaini
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Faculte des Sciences, Atlas, Fes, Morocco
Biomed Pharmacother 55:155-62. 2001..The increase in the C18:1/C18:0 delta9 desaturase activity and enhanced lipid peroxidation without any essential fatty acid deficiency could be early markers of protein-calorie malnutrition...
- Blood micronutrients in Algeria, relationships with sex and ageB Lachili
Laboratoire Central de Biochimie, CHU Benflis Touhami, Boulevard Mohamed Boudiaf, 05000 Batna, Algeria
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 71:111-6. 2001..Larger studies are needed, and particularly in children, to detect possible higher prevalence of vitamin A deficiency in poor socio-economical classes and in inner geographic areas...
- Effects of a combined micronutrient supplementation on maternal biological status and newborn anthropometrics measurements: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in apparently healthy pregnant womenI Hininger
LBSO, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Joseph Fourier, La Tronche, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:52-9. 2004..To investigate the possible beneficial effects of a micronutrient supplementation to apparently healthy pregnant women on maternal biological status and new born anthropometric characteristics...
- Effect of two years' supplementation with natural antioxidants on vitamin and trace element status biomarkers: preliminary data of the SU.VI.MAX studyD J Malvy
, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France
Cancer Detect Prev 25:479-85. 2001..Data from the follow-up will ascertain if any plausible reduction in the incidence rate of cancers may be associated with such amounts of antioxidant agents...
- Increased lipid peroxidation in pregnant women after iron and vitamin C supplementationB Lachili
Faculty of Medicine, Batna University, Algerie
Biol Trace Elem Res 83:103-10. 2001..This study illustrates the potential harmful effects of iron supplementation when prescribed only on the assumption of anemia and not on the bases of biological criteria...
- Serum concentrations of beta-carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc and selenium are influenced by sex, age, diet, smoking status, alcohol consumption and corpulence in a general French adult populationP Galan
U557 INSERM UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l Alimentation CNAM, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1181-90. 2005..To assess relationships between energy, nutrient and food intakes, alcohol consumption, smoking status and body mass index (BMI), and serum concentrations of beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin C, selenium and zinc...
- Five-week intake of short-chain fructo-oligosaccharides increases intestinal absorption and status of magnesium in postmenopausal womenM Tahiri
, Centre de Recherche INRA Clermont-Ferrand/Theix, , France
J Bone Miner Res 16:2152-60. 2001..Because of the important role of Mg in many cellular functions, such Mg absorption improvement may be particularly interesting when the dietary intake of Mg is limited...