Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- Therapeutic management of orally treated type 2 diabetic patients, by French general practitioners in 2010: the DIAttitude StudyS Halimi
CHU Grenoble Clinique Diabétologie Nutrition Pôle DigiDUNE University Hospital Grenoble University Joseph Fourier, 38043 Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 38:S36-46. 2012..To describe the behaviour of French general practitioners (GP) regarding intensification of hypoglycaemic agents in orally treated type 2 diabetic (T2D) patients, according to their HbA(1c) level...
- Effect on compliance, acceptability of blood glucose self-monitoring and HbA(1c) of a self-monitoring system developed according to patient's wishes. The ACCORD studyS Halimi
Service Endocrinologie Diabétologie Nutrition, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 27:681-7. 2001..Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) generates hope when introduced, however several studies questioned its efficacy and many diabetics judge it too constraining...
- [Insulin in acute coronary syndromes]S Halimi
CHU de Grenoble, Departement Urologie, Nephrologie, Endocrinologie, UF diabétologie
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 97:63-70. 2004..Very few centres use the GIK protocol in non-diabetics in acute coronary syndromes with a risk of loss of benefit for these patients. Therapeutic protocols which can be used by paramedical personnel should be developed...
- [The glitazones]S Halimi
Département d urologie, Nephrologie et Endocrinologie, UF diabétologie 11 A, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Rev Med Interne 26:54-7. 2005..For decades we used sulfonylureas, metformin and alpha glucosidases inhibitors. However these drugs have no effect on muscle insulin resistance, high levels of free fatty acids, lipotoxicity and progressive pancreatic beta-cell loss...
- [Diabetes in 2005]Serge Halimi
Département DUNE Département d Uro Néphro Endocrinologie, CHU de Grenoble, 11A, BP217X Grenoble 09, France
Nephrol Ther 2:S2-7. 2006..The availability of new drugs and the high evidence based Levels of several trials confirm the lawfulness of these approaches...
- [Clinical case: beliefs, Ramadan and diabetes mellitus]S Halimi
Service d endocrinologie, Diabetologie, Nutrition CHU de Grenoble, F 38043 Grenoble Cedex
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 65:S68-73. 2004..This, should be avoided through an appropriate patient's education, all along the Year, not only through the healthcare team, but involving patient's family and friends too, as well as the community and religious Authorities...
- [New treatment strategies for type-2 diabetes?]S Halimi
Secteur diabétologie nutrition, Dune Département uro néphro endocrinologie, CHU de Grenoble
Presse Med 34:1287-92. 2005..Patient education is fundamental. The establishment of care networks for these patients seems to us to be the best tool for meeting the objectives of these guidelines...
- [Primary cardiorenal prevention in patients with type-2 diabetes. The Roadmap study]S Halimi
Secteur diabétologie nutrition, Dune Département uro néphro endocrinologie, CHU de Grenoble
Presse Med 34:1300-2. 2005..Follow-up of this placebo-controlled study will last for 5 years. Conducted in 200 European centers, its results are expected for 2012...
- [Coming clinical recommendations: where will the glitazones fit in?]S Halimi
Service d endocrinologie, Diabetologie, Nutrition, CHU de Grenoble, F 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 66:1S59-70. 2005..This review, presents and discuss these various points, and the questions they generate, which have to be answer to update the therapeutic recommendations for type 2 diabetes...
- DPP-4 inhibitors and GLP-1 analogues: for whom? Which place for incretins in the management of type 2 diabetic patients?S Halimi
Department of Endocrinology Diabetology Nutrition, University Hospital Grenoble, F 38043 Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 34:S91-5. 2008..Their efficacy, safety and their cost vs. older strategies, will be really evaluated by physicians in the real daily practice and by large and long term systematic surveys, as recently shown in other therapeutic fields...
- Efficacy of biphasic insulin aspart in patients with type 2 diabetesSerge Halimi
Department d Urologie, Nephrologie et Endocrinologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Clin Ther 27:S57-74. 2005..It would be expected that these pharmacokinetic improvements would enhance clinical performance. However, the efficacy of BIAsp 30 compared with other common treatment regimens has not yet been systematically reviewed...
- [New therapies for type 2 diabetes: what place for incretin-based agents and rimonabant compared to the previous ones?]S Halimi
Service de Diabétologie Endocrinologie Nutrition, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 29:881-90. 2008..Several studies support the use of DPP-4 inhibitors in combination with Met as a promising second line treatment...
- [Towards new recommendations for the treatment of type 2 diabetes? An expert's point of view]Serge Halimi
Service de diabétologie nutrition endocrinologie, Pôle DigiDUNE, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex
Rev Prat 60:504-9. 2010..Thereby, recommendations cannot enter so many details and strategies. The need for continuing medical education and the referral to diabetologist more often is becoming essential...
- Acute consequences of hypoglycaemia in diabetic patientsS Halimi
Clinique d Endocrinologie Diabétologie Nutrition, Pôle DigiDUNE, CHU Grenoble, BP217X, Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 36:S75-83. 2010....
- Efficacy and safety of acarbose add-on therapy in the treatment of overweight patients with Type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyS Halimi
CHU de Grenoble, Endocrinology Diabetology Nutrition, 38043 Grenoble, Cedex, France
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 50:49-56. 2000..The results indicate that acarbose has potential clinical utility for improving glycaemic control in overweight patients with Type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin...
- One-year efficacy and safety of Web-based follow-up using cellular phone in type 1 diabetic patients under insulin pump therapy: the PumpNet studyP Y Benhamou
Department of Endocrinology, Grenoble University Hospital, BP 217 X, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Diabetes Metab 33:220-6. 2007....
- [Therapeutic strategies for type 2 diabetes]Serge Halimi
Service d endocrinologie, Diabetologie, nutrition Centre hospitalier universitaire de Grenoble B P 217 38043 Grenoble
Rev Prat 53:1079-85. 2003..New strategies now in the process of being elaborated suggest to treat type 2 diabetes much earlier and with much more ambitious glycaemic objectives...
- Combination treatment in the management of type 2 diabetes: focus on vildagliptin and metformin as a single tabletSerge Halimi
University Hospital of Grenoble College of Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrine department, Grenoble, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:481-92. 2008..Therefore, by specifically combining these agents in a single tablet, there is considerable potential to achieve better blood glucose control and to improve compliance to therapy...
- Comparison of the effects of zinc alone and zinc associated with selenium and vitamin E on insulin sensitivity and oxidative stress in high-fructose-fed ratsPatrice Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Hypoxie Physio Pathologie Respiratoire et Cardiovasculaire, INSERM ERI 0017, Faculte de Medecine Pharmacie, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 21:113-9. 2007....
- [Is a new therapeutic class justified in the treatment of type 2 diabetes?]S Halimi
Service d Endocrinologie Diabétologie Nutrition, CHU de Grenoble, F 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 63:1S7-11. 2002..The association of metformin (or a sulfonylurea) and a thiazolidinedione should permit to obtain early a better glycaemic control without the hypoglycaemic risk associated with intensive therapy at an early stage of type 2 diabetes...
- [Type 2 diabetes mellitus: Which place for thiazolidinediones in the therapeutic strategy?]S Halimi
Service Endocrinologie, Diabetologie, Nutrition CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 27:287-93. 2001..However the frequency of adverse events must be evaluated in a large use, beyond phase II and III, after the withdrawal of the first TZD introduced on the market (troglitazone)...
- [Self-monitoring of blood glucose in type 2 diabetic patients. What could we propose according to their treatment?]S Halimi
Service Endocrinologie Diabétologie Nutrition, CHU de Grenoble, Universite J Fourier, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 29:S26-30. 2003..These programs must be evaluated by randomized controlled trials...
- Prediction of cardiovascular events in clinically selected high-risk NIDDM patients. Prognostic value of exercise stress test and thallium-201 single-photon emission computed tomographyG Vanzetto
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Diabetes Care 22:19-26. 1999..We evaluated the prognostic value of an exercise stress test and thallium-201 scintigraphy for the prediction of cardiac events in selected high-risk NIDDM patients...
- Huge progression of diabetes prevalence and incidence among dialysed patients in mainland France and overseas French territories. A second national survey six years apart. (UREMIDIAB 2 study)S Halimi
CHU de Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 25:507-12. 1999....
- Predictive value of silent myocardial ischemia for cardiac events in diabetic patients: influence of age in a French multicenter studyPaul Valensi
Department of Endocrinology Diabetology Nutrition, Jean Verdier Hospital, Bondy Cedex, France
Diabetes Care 28:2722-7. 2005..The aim of the study was to examine the predictive value of SMI for cardiac events in a multicenter cohort and to determine whether this value is higher in patients with a particular clinical profile...
- Impairment of the antioxidant properties of serum albumin in patients with diabetes: protective effects of metforminPatrice Faure
laboratoire d étude de la physiopatologie de l hypoxie HP2, Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHU, Hopital A Michallon, INSERM, ERI0017, 38042 Grenoble, France
Clin Sci (Lond) 114:251-6. 2008..Moreover, a significant protection of albumin was found in patients with T2DM treated with MET...
- Effects of a myocardial ischaemia-guided therapeutic program on survival and incidence of coronary events in asymptomatic patients with diabetes: the ARCADIA studyG Vanzetto
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 33:459-65. 2007....
- [Study of a detection strategy for silent ischemia in diabetic patients: 18 month follow-up of the ARCADIA register]G Vanzetto
Clinique de Cardiologie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:845-52. 2007..Low risk patients (Group 3, n=276) underwent no specific management...
- A prospective study of quality of life in 77 type 1 diabetic patients 12 months after a hospital therapeutic educational programmeI Debaty
Department of Endocrinology, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 34:507-13. 2008..However, the majority of studies are focused on biomedical or behavioural markers only. We performed a prospective study to assess QOL in adult type 1 diabetic patients for one year following a hospital educational programme...
- Basal insulin dose in 40 type 1 diabetic patients remains stable 1 year after educational training in flexible insulin therapyP Y Benhamou
Department of Endocrinology, Pôle DigiDUNE, Grenoble University Hospital, Joseph Fourier University, BP 217X, 38043 Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 36:369-74. 2010..As our hypothesis was that BID changes over time, the primary objective of the present study was to determine the changes in BID 1 year after a therapeutic educational programme on FIT...
- Plasma 15-F2t isoprostane concentrations are increased during acute fructose loading in type 2 diabetesP Faure
INSERM, ERI17, laboratoire d étude de la physiopatologie de l hypoxie HP2, Département de Biologie Intégrée, Hopital Albert Michallon, CHU de Grenoble, 38042 Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 34:148-54. 2008....
- [Malignant carotid paraganglioma. A case report]Ch Righini
Service ORL, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 120:103-8. 2003..In this case scintigraphy can provide the diagnosis. Malignant forms are more frequent in case of functional paraganglioma, more particularly in case of dopamine secretion...
- Role of vildagliptin in managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in the elderlyS Halimi
University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1647-56. 2010..The objective of this review is to provide an overview of the challenges in managing T2DM in the elderly, with an emphasis on prevention of hypoglycaemia and the role of the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in this patient population...
- Role of ACE inhibitors in patients with diabetes mellitusD J Cordonnier
Service de Nephrologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, France
Drugs 61:1883-92. 2001..Finally, there are a growing number of arguments favouring the use of ACE inhibitors very early in patients with diabetes mellitus...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and diabetic foot ulcers: the ratio of MMP-1 to TIMP-1 is a predictor of wound healingM Muller
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Diabet Med 25:419-26. 2008..In diabetic foot ulcers there is an excess of MMPs and a decrease of the tissue inhibitors of MMPs (TIMPs). This imbalance is probably one cause of impaired healing. However, little is known about changes in MMPs during wound healing...
- Assessment of insulin resistance in fructose-fed rats with 125I-6-deoxy-6-iodo-D-glucose, a new tracer of glucose transportPascale Perret
INSERM, E340, 38000 Grenoble, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:734-44. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess variations in glucose transport in rats using (125)I-6-deoxy-6-iodo-D-glucose (6DIG), a new tracer of glucose transport proposed as an imaging tool to assess insulin resistance in vivo...
- Effect of low-dose perindopril/indapamide on albuminuria in diabetes: preterax in albuminuria regression: PREMIERCarl Erik Mogensen
Medical Department M, Aarhus Komunehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Hypertension 41:1063-71. 2003..A BP-independent effect of the combination may increase renal protection...
- Postprandial glucose and its role in type 2 diabetesJaime Davidson
Hormones (Athens) 5:1 p following 217. 2006
- Urinary leukotriene E4 excretion is increased in type 1 diabetic patients: a quantification by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryGaëlle Hardy
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Laboratory HP2 INSERM ESPRI EA3745, University of Medicine, F 38706 La Tronche Cedex, France
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 78:291-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate (1) the urinary excretion of leukotriene E4 (LTE4) in type 1 diabetic subjects and healthy volunteers and (2) the influence of glycemic control attested by HbA(1C) on LTE4 excretion...
- [Measuring microalbuminuria in patients with diabetes: plea for harmonization]Serge Halimi
Presse Med 35:1109-10. 2006
- In vivo assessment of cardiac insulin resistance by nuclear probes using an iodinated tracer of glucose transportArnaud Briat
INSERM, E0340, Radiopharmaceutiques Biocliniques, Grenoble 38000, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1756-64. 2007..This study is the first step towards the development of a technique of insulin resistance measurement in humans with a new tracer of glucose transport, [(123)I]6-deoxy-6-iodo-D-glucose (6DIG)...
- [Interview with professor Serge Halimi]Serge Halimi
Nephrol Ther 2:S206-9. 2006
- Characterization of free radical defense system in high glucose cultured HeLa-tat cells: consequences for glucose-induced cytotoxicitySophie Bouvard
Laboratoire de Biochimie, , , 38000 Grenoble, France
Free Radic Res 36:1017-22. 2002..As a consequence of tat tranfection Mn-SOD activity was 50% lower in HeLa-tat cells in comparison to HeLa-wild cells. This work emphasizes the importance of the antioxidant system in the glucose induced cytotoxicity...
- Zinc protects HeLa-tat cells against free radical cytotoxicity induced by glucosePatrice Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Joseph Fourier, 38000 Grenoble, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 18:269-76. 2005..These results suggest that the glucose oxidation and its subsequent effects on the cells can be prevented by a biological antioxidant such as zinc...
- [Diabetes, a worldwide disease]Serge Halimi
, , CHU, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9
Presse Med 33:Sp37-40. 2004