Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- French healthcare workers in geriatric healthcare settings staunchly opposed to influenza vaccination: the VESTA studyGaetan Gavazzi
Clinic of Geriatric Medicine, Pluridisciplinary Medicine Center and Inflammatory Process Study Group, TIMC, IMAG, Albert Michallon University Hospital, BP217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Vaccine 29:1611-6. 2011..Qualitative analysis provided some aspects of influenza vaccine reluctance. Effective programs would be multidimensional and target the most susceptible group...
- ARIZONA study: is the risk of post-herpetic neuralgia and its burden increased in the most elderly patients?Martin Duracinsky
Paris Diderot University Sorbonne Paris CitÃ©, EA 7334 REMES, Patient Reported Outcomes Unit, 75010 Paris, France
BMC Infect Dis 14:529. 2014..In a context of change in the demographic profile of the older population, to identify an age threshold for increased risk and burden of herpes zoster (HZ) in 70+ patients...
- Diagnostic criteria for urinary tract infection in hospitalized elderly patients over 75 years of age: a multicenter cross-sectional studyG Gavazzi
clinique universitaire de médecine gériatrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Med Mal Infect 43:189-94. 2013..Nevertheless, the diagnosis remains difficult because of the high prevalence of asymptomatic bacteriuria (AB). We studied the diagnosis criteria used by physicians in geriatric patients 75 years of age or more...
- Change in transaminases in hepatitis C virus- and HIV-coinfected patients after highly active antiretroviral therapy: differences between complete and partial virologic responders?G Gavazzi
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire A Michallon, Grenoble, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 16:1021-3. 2000..This may suggest that the restoration of CD8+ T cell cytotoxicity could lead to an enhancement of hepatitis C-related disease in HCV/HIV-coinfected patients receiving HAART...
- Influenza vaccination for healthcare workers: from a simple concept to a resistant issue?Gaetan Gavazzi
clinique universitaire de médecine gériatrique, and Groupe de Recherche et d Etude du Processus Inflammatoire, TIMC, IMAG, Albert Michallon University Hospital, BP217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:216-21. 2009..Because several interventional programs are efficient but still need high financial and human support, only a strong political-will can improve this chosen strategy...
- Influenza and pneumococcal vaccine coverages in geriatric health care settings in franceGaetan Gavazzi
Département de Médicine Gériatrique et Communautaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Gerontology 53:382-7. 2007..However, in France, influenza and pneumococcal vaccination coverage in senior citizens living in long-term care facilities has not been comprehensively evaluated...
- [Predictors of functional decline of older persons after an hospitalisation in an acute care for elder unit: importance of recent functional evolution]Sylvie Mazière
CHU de Grenoble, clinique universitaire de médecine gériatrique, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Presse Med 40:e101-10. 2011..To identify the predictors of functional decline of older persons after hospitalization in an Acute Care for Elder unit (ACE)...
- Incidence and main factors associated with early unplanned hospital readmission among French medical inpatients aged 75 and over admitted through emergency unitsIsabelle Lanièce
Clinic of Geriatric Medicine, Hopital Michallon, University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Age Ageing 37:416-22. 2008..While previous studies have identified risk factors of early readmission, geriatric syndromes, as markers of frailty have not been assessed as potential predictors...
- Randomised active programs on healthcare workers' flu vaccination in geriatric health care settings in France: the VESTA studyM Rothan-Tondeur
ORIG French Geriatric Infection Risk Institute, Charles Foix Hospital, AP HP Publicly owned hospitals of Paris, Ivry sur Seine, France
J Nutr Health Aging 15:126-32. 2011....
- Bloodstream infection: differences between young-old, old, and old-old patientsGaetan Gavazzi
Department of Geriatrics and Community Medicine, Department of Hygiene, and Center Hospitalier Universitaire, Albert Michallon, Grenoble, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1667-73. 2002..To compare the epidemiological and microbiological characteristics of bloodstream infection (BSI) between the young old (65-75), old (76-85), and old old (>85)...