Affiliation: CHU de Nantes
- Drug-induced dyskinesiasPhilippe Damier
CHU Nantes, CIC 04, Pole NeuroSciences, Nantes, France
Curr Opin Neurol 22:394-9. 2009..Deep brain stimulation has been shown to be effective to treat severe tardive dyskinesias. This review highlights some recent findings related to levodopa-induced and antipsychotic-induced dyskinesias...
- [Specificities of the treatment of Parkinson's disease in the elderly]Philippe Damier
CHU de Nantes, Clinique Neurologique, centre d investigation clinique, INSERM UMR 643
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 4:S51-9. 2006..Analysis of the different factors involved in the genesis of symptoms in PD (with the putative interest of the use of L-DOPA as a 'diagnostic tool'), and of the comorbidity usually enables cautious and pragmatic solutions to be found...
- Bilateral deep brain stimulation of the globus pallidus to treat tardive dyskinesiaPhilippe Damier
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, centre d investigation clinique, Nantes, France
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:170-6. 2007..Tardive dyskinesia (TD) is a common and potentially disabling disorder induced by use of antipsychotic drugs for which medical treatment often gives disappointing results...
- Levodopa/DDCI and entacapone is the preferred treatment for Parkinson's disease patients with motor fluctuations in routine practice: a retrospective, observational analysis of a large French cohortP Damier
INSERM, CIC04, Nantes, France and CHU Nantes, Clinique Neurologique, Nantes, France
Eur J Neurol 15:643-8. 2008..This analysis reveals the preference of neurologists for levodopa/DDCI and entacapone over conventional levodopa-modification strategies for the effective treatment of PD motor fluctuations in clinical practice...
- Rat model of Parkinson's disease with bilateral motor abnormalities, reversible with levodopa, and dyskinesiasVincent Paille
INSERM, UMR 643 and Institut de Transplantation et de Recherche en Transplantation, CHU, Nantes, France
Mov Disord 22:533-9. 2007..These rats constitute an interesting model of PD, sharing some of the main characteristics of the human disease...
- Kinetics of microglial activation and degeneration of dopamine-containing neurons in a rat model of Parkinson disease induced by 6-hydroxydopamineVincent Henry
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR 643, CHU de Nantes, Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68:1092-102. 2009..This chronology of events supports the hypothesis that microglial activation is a secondary rather than primary phenomenon in dopaminergic cell degeneration induced by 6-hydroxydopamine...
- EIF4G1 in familial Parkinson's disease: pathogenic mutations or rare benign variants?Suzanne Lesage
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, INSERM, U975, CNRS, UMR 7225, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 33:2233.e1-2233.e5. 2012..G686C) and in a control subject (p.R1197W). These data do not support the pathogenicity of several EIF4G1 variants in PD, at least in the French population...
- Prospective evaluation of behavioral scales in the behavioral variant of frontotemporal dementiaClaire Boutoleau-Bretonnière
Centre Mémoire Recherche et Ressources CMRR, Nantes, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 34:75-82. 2012..Yet, few data are available on the long-term relevance of these scales...
- Non-homogeneous effect of levodopa on inhibitory circuits in Parkinson's disease and dyskinesiaLaetitia Barbin
INSERM, CIC 0004, Nantes, France
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 19:165-70. 2013..We investigated whether changes in the excitability of inhibitory and excitatory motor circuits could underlie maladaptive mechanisms associated with dyskinesia...
- [Lewy body dementia and Parkinson disease dementia]Claire Meyniel
CHU Nantes, Clinique Neurologique, Nantes 44
Presse Med 36:1485-90. 2007..Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors may be useful in both these types of dementia: rivastigmine is approved for treating Parkinson disease dementia and clozapine for reducing hallucinations...
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation reverses spinal motoneuron activity in parkinsonian patientsSylvie Raoul
CHU Nantes, Neurosurgery Department, Hôpital G et R Laënnec, 44093 Nantes, France
Brain 135:139-47. 2012....
- Colonic neuropathology is independent of olfactory dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseThibaud Lebouvier
INSERM, U913, Nantes, France
J Parkinsons Dis 1:389-94. 2011..This suggests that unlike colonic Lewy pathology, OD is unrelated to disease severity. ..
- Contrasting changes in cortical activation induced by acute high-frequency stimulation within the globus pallidus in Parkinson's diseasePierre Payoux
INSERM, U 825, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:235-43. 2009....
- Value of neuropsychological testing, imaging, and CSF biomarkers for the differential diagnosis and prognosis of clinically ambiguous dementiaClaire Boutoleau-Bretonnière
CHU Nantes, Centre de Mémoire et de Ressource et Recherche CM2R, Nantes, France
J Alzheimers Dis 28:323-36. 2012..Imaging biomarkers mostly contribute to the differential diagnosis between non-AD dementias. Initial neuropsychological testing was poorly contributive in CAD diagnosis...
- Deep brain stimulation electrodes used for staged lesion within the basal ganglia: experimental studies for parameter validation. Laboratory investigationSylvie Raoul
Department of Neurosurgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, France
J Neurosurg 107:1027-35. 2007..These leads can be used for creating lesions in the brain. The experimental study reported here was designed to examine the electrical parameters that could be used to create reproducible therapeutic lesions in the brain...
- The Val158Met COMT polymorphism is a modifier of the age at onset in Parkinson's disease with a sexual dimorphismStephan Klebe
centre d investigation clinique, institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75651 Cedex 13, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:666-73. 2013..81). Thus, the Val158Met COMT polymorphism is not associated with PD in the Caucasian population but acts as a modifier of the AAO in PD with a sexual dimorphism: the Val allele is associated with a younger AAO in men with idiopathic PD...
- Role of nigral lesion in the genesis of dyskinesias in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseVincent Paille
INSERM, Unite 437, CHU de Nantes, 30 Bd Jean Monnet, 44093 Nantes, France
Neuroreport 15:561-4. 2004..Moreover, we observed a positive relationship between the percentage dopaminergic cell loss in the SNc and the severity of levodopa-induced AIMs...
- Follow-up study of the GIGYF2 gene in French families with Parkinson's diseaseSuzanne Lesage
INSERM, UMR_S975 Formerly UMR_S679, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 31:1069-71; discussion 1072-4. 2010..Together, these results do not support a major role of GIGYF2 in PD...
- Saccade impairments in patients with fronto-temporal dementiaC Meyniel
Service de Neurologie, CHU de Nantes, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:1581-4. 2005..The pattern of saccadic abnormalities has not previously been investigated in patients with FTD...
- Tesofensine (NS 2330), a monoamine reuptake inhibitor, in patients with advanced Parkinson disease and motor fluctuations: the ADVANS StudyOlivier Rascol
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Medicale et Clinique, Pole NeuroSciences, Centre d Investigations Cliniques, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 825, University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Arch Neurol 65:577-83. 2008..To assess the safety and efficacy of tesofensine, a triple monoamine reuptake inhibitor, in patients with advanced Parkinson disease (PD)...
- [Neuropsychological and scintigraphic aspects of frontotemporal dementia preceding amyotrophic lateral sclerosis]M Vercelletto
Clinique Neurologique, Hôpital R et G Laënnec, Nantes
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:529-42. 2003..The links between these two degenerative diseases are discussed...
- [Handipark: a simple test of the impact of Parkinson's disease on activities of daily living]M Ziegler
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Leopold Bellan, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:767-74. 2003..Further studies are needed to assess its usefulness for the follow-up of patients and assess the therapeutic impact...
- [Idiopathic acute transverse myelitis: application of new diagnosis criteria to 17 patients]C Lanctin
Pôle de Neurologie médicale et chirurgicale, Hopital Laennec, CHU de Nantes, Saint Herblain, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 162:980-9. 2006..Prognosis is not well-known...
- Neurokinin B, neurotensin, and cannabinoid receptor antagonists and Parkinson diseaseV Mesnage
centre d investigation clinique, Fédération de Neurologie and Inserm, Paris, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 27:108-10. 2004..In this exploratory randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, at the dose used, the drugs tested were well tolerated and could not improve parkinsonian motor disability...
- Parkinson's disease is a neuropsychiatric disorderY Agid
centre d investigation clinique, INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, France
Adv Neurol 91:365-70. 2003
- [Cannabis and cannabinoid receptors: from pathophysiology to therapeutic options]P Derkinderen
Service de Neurologie et Centre d investigations cliniques, CHU de Nantes, Hopital Laennec, Nantes
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:639-49. 2004..Although cannabis has been used as a medicine for several centuries, the therapeutic properties of cannabis preparations (essentially haschich and marijuana) make them far most popular as a recreational drugs...
- [Presentation of cerebral toxocariasis with mental confusion in an adult: case report and review of the literature]Y Maiga
Clinique Neurologique, CHU Nantes, Hopital Laennec, Saint Herblain, France
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 100:101-4. 2007..Finding evidence of specific antibodies in both cerebro spinal fluid and serum is mandatory for the diagnosis. The main clinical features concerning cerebral toxocariasis, diagnostic tools, and therapeutic measures are discussed...
- Tourette's syndrome and deep brain stimulationJ L Houeto
centre d investigation clinique, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:992-5. 2005..Severe forms of Tourette's syndrome may benefit from stimulation of neuronal circuits within the basal ganglia, thus confirming the role of the dysfunction of limbic striato-pallido-thalamo-cortical systems in this disorder...
- Epsilon sarcoglycan mutations and phenotype in French patients with myoclonic syndromesS Tezenas du Montcel
Service de Biostatistique et Information Medicale, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
J Med Genet 43:394-400. 2006..Myoclonus dystonia syndrome (MDS) is an autosomal dominant movement disorder caused by mutations in the epsilon-sarcoglycan gene (SGCE) on chromosome 7q21...
- Is the common LRRK2 G2019S mutation related to dyskinesias in North African Parkinson disease?S Lesage
INSERM UMR 679 former U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris Cedex 13, France
Neurology 71:1550-2. 2008
- Distribution of grey matter atrophy in Huntington's disease patients: a combined ROI-based and voxel-based morphometric studyG Douaud
URA CNRS CEA 2210, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, 4, place du General Leclerc, 91 401 Orsay, and Département de Neurologie, CHU Angers, France
Neuroimage 32:1562-75. 2006..Finally, VBM provided results consistent with previous post mortem results and proved to be a sensitive biomarker capable of correctly managing subcortical distortions throughout HD patients' brains...
- Concurrent excitatory and inhibitory effects of high frequency stimulation: an oculomotor studyB P Bejjani
centre d investigation clinique, Federation de Neurologie, and INSERM U289, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 72:517-22. 2002..To describe a reversible neurological condition resembling a crossed midbrain syndrome resulting from high frequency stimulation (HFS) in the midbrain...