Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Factors predictive of medication nonadherence after renal transplantation: a French observational studyLionel Couzi
CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, Service de Nephrologie et Transplantation Renale, Bordeaux, France
Transplantation 95:326-32. 2013..The objective of this study was to prospectively evaluate the rate of and risk factors for NA in a French cohort of KTRs...
- Preemptive therapy versus valgancyclovir prophylaxis in cytomegalovirus-positive kidney transplant recipients receiving antithymocyte globulin inductionL Couzi
Service de Néphrologie Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Transplant Proc 44:2809-13. 2012..In light of this study, preemptive therapy and universal prophylaxis were almost equally effective to prevent CMV infection among R+ KTR receiving ATG induction...
- High incidence of anticytomegalovirus drug resistance among D+R- kidney transplant recipients receiving preemptive therapyL Couzi
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Am J Transplant 12:202-9. 2012..02). In summary, preemptive therapy in D+R- KTR with high CMV loads and antiviral treatment failure was associated with a high incidence of anti-CMV drug resistance...
- An unusual endocarditis-induced crescentic glomerulonephritis treated by plasmapheresisL Couzi
Departement de Nephrologie, Hopital Pellegrin, France
Clin Nephrol 62:461-4. 2004..In very few cases, plasmapheresis was successfully used for the treatment of infective endocarditis-induced crescentic glomerulonephritis. The pathophysiology and the potential efficiency of plasmapheresis are discussed...
- Interpretation of positive flow cytometric crossmatch in the era of the single-antigen bead assayLionel Couzi
CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, Nephrology, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Transplantation 91:527-35. 2011..Prognosis of renal transplants with positive flow cytometric crossmatch (FCXM) remains controversial...
- The immunosuppressor mycophenolic acid kills activated lymphocytes by inducing a nonclassical actin-dependent necrotic signalBenjamin Chaigne-Delalande
Universite de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Immunol 181:7630-8. 2008..In addition to its medical interest, this study sheds light on a novel and atypical molecular mechanism leading to necrotic cell death...
- Common features of gammadelta T cells and CD8(+) alphabeta T cells responding to human cytomegalovirus infection in kidney transplant recipientsLionel Couzi
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Infect Dis 200:1415-24. 2009..The anti-CMV function of these cells was previously demonstrated by their ability to kill CMV-infected cells in vitro...
- Antibody-dependent anti-cytomegalovirus activity of human γδ T cells expressing CD16 (FcγRIIIa)Lionel Couzi
Universite de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Blood 119:1418-27. 2012..Taken together, these data identify a new antiviral function for γδ T cells through cooperation with anti-HCMV IgG that could contribute to surveillance of HCMV reactivation in transplant recipients...
- Therapeutic management of de novo urological malignancy in renal transplant recipients: the experience of the French Department of Urology and Kidney Transplantation from BordeauxHicham Elkentaoui
Department of Urology, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Pellegrin Tripode, 33000, Bordeaux, France
Urology 75:126-32. 2010..To determine and analyze the incidence, prognosis, and therapeutic strategy of de novo urological malignancies in a series of renal transplant recipients (RTRs)...
- Immunological monitoring of calcineurin inhibitors for predicting cytomegalovirus infection in kidney transplant recipientsLionel Couzi
Service de Nephrologie, CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, CNRS UMR 5164, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Universite Bordeaux 2, INSERM U897, 146, rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
Transplantation 86:1060-7. 2008..Measurement of the biological effects of CNI could provide clues to identify overimmunosuppressed kidney transplant recipients (KTR) who would subsequently develop CMV infection...
- Variability and recombination of clinical human cytomegalovirus strains from transplantation recipientsMuriel Faure-Della Corte
PRES Université de Bordeaux, Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968 and IFR66, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Clin Virol 47:161-9. 2010..Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) is the first cause of viral infection in immunocompromised transplanted patients...
- Long-term expansion of effector/memory Vdelta2-gammadelta T cells is a specific blood signature of CMV infectionVincent Pitard
Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Blood 112:1317-24. 2008..In conclusion, the increased level of effector-memory Vdelta2- gammadelta T cells in the peripheral blood is a specific signature of an adaptive immune response to CMV infection of both immunocompetent and immunosuppressed patients...
- Cytomegalovirus-induced gammadelta T cells associate with reduced cancer risk after kidney transplantationLionel Couzi
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 5164, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:181-8. 2010..In summary, these results suggest a protective role of CMV exposure against cancer in kidney transplant recipients...
- Long-term outcome on renal replacement therapy in patients who previously received a keto acid-supplemented very-low-protein dietPhilippe Chauveau
Department of Nephrology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire and University Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 90:969-74. 2009..The consequences of a supplemented very-low-protein diet remain a matter of debate with regard to patient outcome before or after the onset of renal replacement therapy...
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in renal transplant recipientsGregoire Robert
Department of Urology, Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Urology 74:683-7. 2009..Retropubic radical prostatectomy has widely been described in RTR, whereas LRP has rarely been studied...
- Variability of UL18, UL40, UL111a and US3 immunomodulatory genes among human cytomegalovirus clinical isolates from renal transplant recipientsIsabelle Garrigue
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968 and IFR66, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33 076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Clin Virol 40:120-8. 2007..Variability of human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) genes counteracting immune responses is poorly investigated in non-cultured clinical strains...
- [Analysis of hemodialysis and graft representations in patients with chronic renal failure: an anthropological approach]Aurélie Desseix
EA2963, laboratoire d ethnologie Anthropologie des traditions orales et du temps, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 3, ter Place de la Victoire, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Nephrol Ther 6:111-20. 2010....
- Prediction of cytomegalovirus (CMV) plasma load from evaluation of CMV whole-blood load in samples from renal transplant recipientsIsabelle Garrigue
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:493-8. 2008..WB seems to be an appropriate candidate for routine CMV monitoring of transplant recipients by using a single assay...
- UL40 human cytomegalovirus variability evolution patterns over time in renal transplant recipientsIsabelle Garrigue
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968 and IFR66, F 33 076 Bordeaux, France
Transplantation 86:826-35. 2008..One of HCMV immunomodulatory genes, UL40, confers HCMV-infected cells' protection from natural killer-mediated lysis through its encoded nonapeptide presented in the context of human leukocyte antigen-E...
- New molecular assays to predict occurrence of cytomegalovirus disease in renal transplant recipientsI Pellegrin
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional Hôpital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Infect Dis 182:36-42. 2000..PBL assays appear to be more appropriate than plasma assays when pre-emptive therapy is required to prevent the rapid progression from the first detection of the virus to CMV disease...
- Inherited deficiency of membrane cofactor protein expression and varying manifestations of recurrent atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in a sibling pairLionel Couzi
CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Am J Kidney Dis 52:e5-9. 2008..In conclusion, we describe for the first time a disease-free individual with complete CD46 deficiency, confirming the extremely variable penetrance and genetic complexity of aHUS...
- An atypical necrotic signal induced by immunosuppressive and anti-viral agentsBenjamin Chaigne-Delalande
Universite de Bordeaux 2, CNRS UMR 5164 and IFR66, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
Autophagy 5:425-7. 2009....
- Predominance of CD8+ T lymphocytes among periglomerular infiltrating cells and link to the prognosis of class III and class IV lupus nephritisLionel Couzi
CHU, and UMR CNRS 5164, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Arthritis Rheum 56:2362-70. 2007..The aim of the present study was to analyze the localization of CD8+ cells in the kidneys of patients with class III and class IV lupus nephritis and to establish correlations with histologic, biologic, and clinical features of SLE...
- Verapamil and mild hyperkalemia in hemodialysis patients: a potentially hazardous associationEmmanuel Letavernier
Service de Néphrologie et d Hémodialyse, CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Hemodial Int 10:170-2. 2006..The medical history of these patients revealed no intrinsic cause of atrioventricular conduction disturbance. We report herein the 3 cases and draw attention to the risks of atrioventricular block in this particular context...
- Whole blood real-time quantitative PCR for cytomegalovirus infection follow-up in transplant recipientsIsabelle Garrigue
Département de Virologie et d Immunologie Biologique and Laboratoire EA 2968, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Clin Virol 36:72-5. 2006..However, correlations are lacking between results of pp65Ag and quantitative PCR assays and there is no consensus yet as to the more appropriate blood compartment (whole blood (WB), leukocytes, plasma) to be tested with PCR assays...
- Quantitative elastography of renal transplants using supersonic shear imaging: a pilot studyNicolas Grenier
Service d Imagerie Diagnostique et Interventionnelle de l Adulte, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Université Bordeaux Segalen, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Eur Radiol 22:2138-46. 2012..To evaluate the reliability of quantitative ultrasonic measurement of renal allograft elasticity using supersonic shear imaging (SSI) and its relationship with parenchymal pathological changes...