Affiliation: CHU de Nancy
- Robotic-assisted adrenalectomy: what advantages compared to lateral transperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy?Laurent Brunaud
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Hopital Brabois Adultes, University of Nancy, School of Medicine, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Surg 195:433-8. 2008..This study evaluates the perioperative outcomes of robotic-assisted adrenalectomy (RA) compared with lateral transperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy (LA)...
- [Endocrine tumors of the gastro-intestinal tract (Carcinoid tumors)]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, digestive et endocrinienne, CHU Nancy Brabois, 11, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 129:563-70. 2004..Surgical management of gastro-intestinal endocrine tumors has to be adapted to tumor localization and disease extension (local and general). The aim of this literature review was to define surgical management of these unfrequent tumors...
- Observation or laparoscopic adrenalectomy for adrenal incidentaloma? A surgical decision analysisLaurent Brunaud
Department of Surgery, University California San Francisco and Mount Zion Medical Center, Mount Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Med Sci Monit 12:CR355-62. 2006..A decision analysis model was used to identify relevant variables for selecting the optimal management (observation versus adrenalectomy)...
- [Da Vinci robot-assisted thoracoscopy for primary hyperparathyroidism: a new application in endocrine surgery]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et endocrinienne, CHU Nancy Brabois
J Chir (Paris) 145:165-7. 2008..We report a case of a patient with a parathyroid adenoma located in the aorto-pulmonary window which was resected using a left thoracoscopic approach aided by the Da Vinci robotic system...
- Prospective evaluation of 100 robotic-assisted unilateral adrenalectomiesLaurent Brunaud
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Nancy, CHU Nancy Brabois Adultes, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surgery 144:995-1001; discussion 1001. 2008..Our aim was to determine the learning curve for robotic adrenalectomy and factors that influence operative time and cost...
- Serum aldosterone is correlated positively to parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismLaurent Brunaud
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Nancy, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surgery 146:1035-41. 2009..As there is clear evidence of the independent role of aldosterone on the cardiovascular system, the aim of this study was to evaluate aldosterone levels in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism...
- [Papillary thyroid cancer: toward radical node resection?]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et endocrinienne, CHU Nancy Brabois Hopital adultes, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy
J Chir (Paris) 145:12S13-12S16. 2008..Pros and cons for routine lymph node dissection of the central cervical compartment are discussed in this review of the literature which includes data from international and French consensus conferences...
- [Problems in pheochromocytoma diagnosis.]L Brunaud
, digestive et endocrinienne, CHU de Nancy, Brabois, 11, , 54511 Vandoeuvre, Nancy, France
Ann Chir 130:267-72. 2005
- Robotic thyroid surgery using a gasless transaxillary approach: cosmetic improvement or improved quality of surgical dissection?L Brunaud
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Hospital Brabois Adults, CHU Nancy, University of Nancy, 11, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandœuvre les Nancy, France
J Visc Surg 147:e399-402. 2010..However, we believe that robotic thyroid surgery using a gasless transaxillary approach will advance the frontiers of minimally invasive endocrine surgery...
- Robot-assisted adrenalectomyLaurent Brunaud
Department of Hepatobiliary, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Nancy, CHU Nancy Brabois Adultes, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:248-54. 2011..See the videos, Supplemental Digital Content 1, http://links.lww.com/SLE/A33, Supplemental Digital Content 2, http://links.lww.com/SLE/A34 and Supplemental Digital Content 3, http://links.lww.com/SLE/A35...
- [Open minimally invasive parathyroid and thyroid surgery]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et endocrinienne, CHU de Nancy Brabois, Hopital d adultes, 11, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 131:62-7. 2006..Benefits and disadvantages of this approach are discussed in this review. Preoperative patients selection is mandatory and is also discussed...
- Vitamin B12 is a strong determinant of low methionine synthase activity and DNA hypomethylation in gastrectomized ratsLaurent Brunaud
Cellular and Molecular Pathology in Nutrition, EMI, INSERM 0014, URM IFREMER 20, CHU Nancy-Brabois, , Nancy, France
Digestion 68:133-40. 2003..31, p=0.006, respectively). CONCLUSION: Vitamin B12 affects MTR expression by a non-transcriptional mechanism different from a protective effect on MTR proteolysis. It is also a strong determinant of DNA hypomethylation...
- Does robotic adrenalectomy improve patient quality of life when compared to laparoscopic adrenalectomy?Laurent Brunaud
Department of Visceral, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Brabois, University of Nancy, Nancy, France
World J Surg 28:1180-5. 2004..We observed no major difference between patients who underwent laparoscopic or robotic adrenalectomy. Thus, patients' perioperative quality of life is not a justifiable parameter on which to base promotion of robotic adrenalectomies...
- Incision length for standard thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy: when is it minimally invasive?Laurent Brunaud
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arch Surg 138:1140-3. 2003..Current techniques for open conventional thyroidectomy or parathyroidectomy have evolved to enable a shorter incision (main proposition), and the length of the incision is influenced by objective factors...
- Chromosomal aberrations by comparative genomic hybridization in thyroid tumors in patients with familial nonmedullary thyroid cancerLaurent Brunaud
Endocrine Surgical Oncology Fellow, University of California San Francisco UCSF/Mount Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Thyroid 13:621-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Our findings suggest that chromosomal aberrations in thyroid tumors in patients with FNMTC are not related to inheritance pattern but rather to tumorigenesis...
- Lack of association between microsatellite instability and benign adrenal tumorsFares Namour
Department of Biochemistry, CHU Nancy Brabois, INSERM U724, Allee du Morvan, 54511, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
World J Surg 30:1240-6. 2006..The genetic mechanisms underlying the formation of these tumors include somatic mutations in susceptibility genes, especially in the familial forms, and allelic loss, especially in chromosome 1...
- Long-term results of Delorme's procedure and Orr-Loygue rectopexy to treat complete rectal prolapseFrederic Marchal
Department of Surgery, Centre Alexis Vautrin, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1785-90. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess long-term outcome of Orr-Loygue rectopexy and Delorme's procedures in total rectal prolapse management...
- Totally endoscopic lateral parathyroidectomy: prospective evaluation of 200 patients. ESES 2010 Vienna presentationThibaut Fouquet
Department of Digestive, Hepatobiliary, and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Brabois Hopital adultes, University of Nancy, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:935-40. 2010..However, totally endoscopic lateral approach parathyroidectomy (Henry technique) is not routinely performed...
- Increasing the effectiveness of radioactive iodine therapy in the treatment of thyroid cancer using Trichostatin A, a histone deacetylase inhibitorRasa Zarnegar
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, and Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco/Mount Zion Medical Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, Room 437, San Francisco, CA 94143-1674, USA
Surgery 132:984-90; discussion 990. 2002..The increased NIS expression and reduced PDS expression may make radioiodine therapy more effective in patients with thyroid cancer, especially when the tumors have no or low uptake of radioiodine...
- Accuracy of selective venous sampling for intact parathyroid hormone in difficult patients with recurrent or persistent hyperparathyroidismJulia J Jones
Department of Radiology (Neuroradiology, University of California San Francisco/Mount Zion Medical Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, Room 437, San Francisco, CA 94143-1674, USA
Surgery 132:944-50; discussion 950-1. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: We showed that SVS is clinically useful in patients with persistent or recurrent hyperparathyroidism when the noninvasive localization studies do not clearly localize the abnormal parathyroid glands...
- Early results of one-year robotic surgery using the Da Vinci system to perform advanced laparoscopic proceduresAhmet Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital NANCY Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Gastrointest Surg 8:720-6. 2004..We believe that preferable indications for using this system are to perform surgery in narrow spaces (pelvic surgery) or when precise dissection is mandatory (Heller myotomy)...
- Radiofrequency ablation of unresectable liver tumors: factors associated with incomplete ablation or local recurrenceAhmet Ayav
Department of Surgery, Nancy Brabois Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nancy, Nancy, France
Am J Surg 200:435-9. 2010..Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of liver tumors is associated with a risk of incomplete ablation or local recurrence...
- AldosteronomaLaurent Brunaud
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco/Mount Zion Medical Center, 94143-1674, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 3:327-33. 2002..Focused approach and laparoscopic resection are the norm for the surgical treatment of aldosteronoma...
- Prevention, evaluation, and management of complications following thyroidectomy for thyroid carcinomaReza Zarnegar
Department of Surgery, UCSF-Mount Zion Medical Center, University of California at San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1674, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 32:483-502. 2003..Experience in performing thyroid operations is essential for the best outcome with the fewest complications...
- [Dynamic graciloplasty in the treatment of severe fecal incontinence. French multicentric retrospective study]L Bresler
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, CHU Brabois Nancy, rue du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 127:520-6. 2002..The aim of this study was to retrospectively assess the safety and efficacy of dynamic graciloplasty performed in 5 French surgical centers involved in the treatment of fecal incontinence...
- [Usefulness of intraoperative 123I-MIBG during reoperation for malignant pheochromocytoma: a case report]L Brunaud
Service de chirurgie viscérale et endocrinienne, CHU Nancy Brabois, 11, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 127:225-7. 2002..The use of intraoperative MIBG radionuclear scanning is helpful when reoperation for pheochromocytoma is performed...
- Robotic-assisted pelvic organ prolapse surgeryA Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital of Nancy Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surg Endosc 19:1200-3. 2005..This study describes technical aspect and short-term results of pelvic organ prolapse surgery using the da Vinci robotic system...
- Medical follow up after bariatric surgery: nutritional and drug issues. General recommendations for the prevention and treatment of nutritional deficienciesO Ziegler
Unité Multidisciplinaire de Chirurgie de l Obésité, CHU de Nancy
Diabetes Metab 35:544-57. 2009....
- Laparoscopic approach for solitary insulinoma: a multicentre studyA Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital of Nancy Brabois, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:134-40. 2005..We analysed the feasibility, safety, and outcome of patients undergoing laparoscopic resection of insulinomas in a large, retrospective, multicentre study...
- [Does the size of pheochromocytoma influence the results of its laparoscopic excision?]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, endocrinienne et viscérale, CHU Nancy Brabois, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 127:362-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess diagnostic characteristics, hemodynamic modifications, and outcome of intraperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy according to the size of pheochromocytoma...
- Surgical management of combined rectal and genital prolapse in young patients: transabdominal approachA Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital NANCY Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:173-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the anatomical and functional outcomes of the simultaneous treatment of combined rectal and genital prolapse in young patients...
- Visceral surgery and pregnancyA Germain
Service de Chirurgie Generale, digestive et endocrinienne, CHU Nancy Brabois, 11, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandœuvre les Nancy, France
J Visc Surg 147:e129-35. 2010..The goal of this update was to describe the management of four different settings in the pregnant woman: colorectal cancer, laparoscopic surgery, gastrointestinal emergency surgery, and bariatric surgery...
- [Goiter and thyroid nodules]Marc Klein
Service d'Endocrinologie, CHU de Nancy, , , France
Rev Prat 58:1249-59. 2008
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: outcome and long-term resultsLaurent Bresler
Department of Surgery C, Hopital de Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre, France
World J Surg 26:111-4. 2002..At present no patient needs medical therapy to maintain a normal platelet count. Laparoscopic splenectomy is feasible and safe in patients with ITP. Long-term results of LS for ITP are comparable to those achieved with open splenectomy...
- Chromosomal aberrations by comparative genomic hybridization in hÃ¼rthle cell thyroid carcinomas are associated with tumor recurrenceNobuyuki Wada
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4595-601. 2002..Such chromosomal aberrations may be predictive for recurrent disease in patients with HÃ¼rthle cell thyroid carcinoma...
- Transcervical video-assisted resection of Zenker's diverticulumAhmet Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital NANCY Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 15:620-3. 2005..Two consecutive patients underwent a transcervical video-assisted dissection and resection of Zenker's diverticular pouch. Both patients exhibited good anatomical and functional results at 10 months follow-up...
- Acute mesenteric venous thrombosis: case for nonoperative managementL Brunaud
Department of Visceral and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital NANCY Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Vasc Surg 34:673-9. 2001..In this study, we analyzed and compared the results obtained with surgical and medical treatment to determine the best initial management for this disease...
- Genetic determinants of folate and vitamin B12 metabolism: a common pathway in neural tube defect and Down syndrome?Jean Louis Gueant
INSERM 00 14, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Pathology in Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine Nancy, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1473-7. 2003..The distinct data produced in different geographical areas may be explained by differences in the nutritional environment and genetic characteristics of the populations...
- [Advantages of using robotic Da Vinci system for unilateral adrenalectomy: early results]L Brunaud
, Digestive, , CHU de Nancy-Brabois, 11, , 54511, , France
Ann Chir 128:530-5. 2003..However, we think that it is necessary to continue further evaluation of this system to demonstrate its possible superiority...
- Intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay and parathyroid reoperationsFrederic Sebag
Department of Endocrine Surgery, Mount Zion Hospital, 1600 Divisidero Street, San Francisco, CA 94143-1674, USA
Surgery 134:1049-55; discussion 1056. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: IOPTH testing was relatively reliable in patients with persistent or recurrent sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism, but the test unfortunately failed to improve the overall success rate at reoperation...
- Recombinant human thyrotropin stimulates thyroid angiogenesis in vivoMarc Klein
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Nancy, Nancy, France
Thyroid 16:531-6. 2006..Endogenous TSH and rhTSH stimulate thyroid growth by a direct effect on thyrocytes. Our hypothesis was that rhTSH may also stimulate thyroid angiogenesis...
- Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiencies on DNA methylation and carcinogenesis in rat liverLaurent Brunaud
Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Pathology in Nutrition, INSERM EMI 0014 Medical Faculty, University of Nancy I, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1012-9. 2003..In contrast, the effect of vitamin B12 withdrawal, in addition to choline, methionine and folate, induced hepatocellular carcinoma in less than 5% of rats...
- [How to prevent surgical morbidity after a total thyroidectomy for a multinodular euthyroid goiter?]S Montagne
Service de Chirurgie C, CHU de Nancy Brabois, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 127:449-55. 2002..The aim of this study, based on our experience, was to define the surgical factors which permit to decrease morbidity related to total thyroidectomy for multinodular euthyroid benign goiter...
- Long-term results of transanal repair of rectocele using linear staplerA Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital Nancy-Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Dis Colon Rectum 47:889-94. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Transanal repair of rectocele using a linear stapler is an easy, safe, and useful procedure for the correction of symptomatic rectocele. Successful long-term outcome can be achieved with this procedure...
- Long-term outcome of whole pancreatico-duodenal transplantation using arterial splenomesenteric anastomosisL Brunaud
Department of Visceral, Endocrine, and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Nancy, Brabois, Nancy, France
Transplant Proc 34:1293-5. 2002
- Bone metastases from differentiated thyroid carcinomaM M Muresan
Endocrinology Department and Nuclear Medicine Department, Hôpital Brabois Adultes, CHU Nancy, Vandoeuvre, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:37-49. 2008..Basic research on interactions between tumor cells and bone microenvironment are identifying potential novel targets for future more effective therapeutic interventions for less differentiated tumors...
- Ovarian strumal carcinoid tumor responsible for carcinoid heart diseaseL Brunaud
Digestive and Endocrine Surgery Department CHU Brabois, University of Nancy, 54511, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 98:124-6. 2001..Serotonin level and tomodensitometry were normal at 3-year follow-up. Rarity of strumal carcinoid tumor explains why this tumor has never been reported with carcinoid heart disease before...
- [Is radionuclide imaging still usefull for thyroid nodule management? A surgical point of view]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Endocrinienne, Hôpital Brabois Adultes, CHU de Nancy, 11, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 131:514-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to review, from a surgical point of view, the role of radionuclide imaging results in the management of patients with thyroid nodules...
- Solitary rectal ulcer syndrome: a series of 13 patients operated with a mean follow-up of 4.5 yearsF Marchal
Department of Gastro Intestinal Surgery C, Brabois Hospital, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 16:228-33. 2001..Delorme's operation and abdominal rectopexy help in about 60% of cases...
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type IRasa Zarnegar
University of California San Francisco/Mount Zion Medical Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1674, 94143-1674, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 3:335-48. 2002..Adrenocortical cancers are uncommon in patients with multiple endocrine neoplasia type I. Skin lesions can be excised when cosmetically unappealing...
- Germline NF1 mutational spectra and loss-of-heterozygosity analyses in patients with pheochromocytoma and neurofibromatosis type 1Birke Bausch
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2784-92. 2007..Because of the low prevalence of pheochromocytoma in NF1, we ascertained subjects by pheochromocytoma that also had NF1 in the hope of describing the germline NF1 mutational spectra of NF1-related pheochromocytoma...
- Prospective evaluation of quality of life (SF-36v2) and nonspecific symptoms before and after cure of primary hyperparathyroidism (1-year follow-up)Cecile Caillard
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nantes, France
Surgery 141:153-9; discussion 159-60. 2007..Most patients have numerous nonspecific symptoms. The aim of this study was to evaluate patients' quality of life and nonspecific symptoms before and after cure for pHPT...