Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- [Comprehensive geriatric assessment: a useful tool for prevention of acute situations in the elderly]Muriel Rainfray
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:397-402. 2002..By introducing adequate medical and social interventions, comprehensive geriatric assessment, even in very old people, is useful in preventing acute situations leading to emergency referrals...
- Elderly patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus-the need for high-quality, inpatient diabetes careIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Gerontology Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU de Bordeaux, France RMSB UMR 5536 CNRS, Bordeaux, France RMSB UMR 5536 Bordeaux Segalen University, Bordeaux, France
Hosp Pract (1995) 41:51-6. 2013..The discharge plan needs to address full medical and social needs along with suitable follow-up to ensure a high level of patient safety. ..
- Health and aging in elderly farmers: the AMI cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux F 33000, France
BMC Public Health 12:558. 2012..The general aim of the AMI cohort was to study health and aging in elderly farmers living in rural area through a multidisciplinary approach, with a main focus on dementia...
- Correlates of health-related quality of life in French people with type 2 diabetesI Bourdel-Marchasson
Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, CHU Bordeaux, France
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 101:226-35. 2013..Diabetes is known to impair health-related quality of life (HrQol). Our aim was to analyse a comprehensive set of potential determinants of HrQol in a large sample of patients with diabetes...
- Characteristics of patients who stop falling after a risk-based multidisciplinary intervention initiated in a geriatric day hospitalO Flabeau
CHU de Bordeaux, Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, F 33000 Pessac, France
J Nutr Health Aging 17:199-204. 2013..Multidisciplinary interventions for fallers have provided conflicting results in part due to the diversity of fallers' profiles...
- Muscle phosphocreatine post-exercise recovery rate is related to functional evaluation in hospitalized and community-living older peopleI Bourdel-Marchasson
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 11:215-21. 2007..to explore muscle mitochondria function with respect to age, functional status and nutrition in community-living and recovering hospitalized older subjects...
- Disability and quality of life in elderly people with diabetesI Bourdel-Marchasson
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU Bordeaux Pessac, France
Diabetes Metab 33:S66-74. 2007....
- [Nutritional problems in elderly, diagnosis and treatment management]Isabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU de Bordeaux, Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, UMR 5536 CNRS université V Segalen Bordeaux 2, 33000 Bordeaux
Rev Prat 58:673-8; quiz 685. 2008
- Undernutrition in geriatric institutions in South-West France: policies and risk factorsIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU of Bordeaux, Department of Gerontology UMR 5536 CNRS University V Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Nutrition 25:155-64. 2009..This study aimed to describe the nutritional status of geriatric home residents according to their place of dwelling and to identify institutional factors associated with higher rates of undernutrition...
- Key priorities in managing glucose control in older people with diabetesI Bourdel Marchasson
Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 13:685-91. 2009....
- How to improve nutritional support in geriatric institutionsIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU of Bordeaux, Department of Gerontology, University V Segalen Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 11:13-20. 2010..Self-assessment of professional practices for all staff categories that are involved in this area can be used to increase training of staff and quality of nutritional care...
- Interpreting routine biochemistry in those aged over 65 years: a time for changeIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU of Bordeaux, Department of Gerontology, Bordeaux, France
Maturitas 66:39-45. 2010..Careful diagnosis and corrective interventions are needed for patients in this age group...
- Hyperglycaemia, microangiopathy, diabetes and dementia riskI Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU of Bordeaux, Department of Gerontology, Bordeaux, France
Diabetes Metab 36:S112-8. 2010..Which preventive actions should be implemented in aging patients with diabetes? Finally, what type of care should be provided for people with diabetes and mild cognitive impairment or overt dementia to slow down cognitive worsening?..
- Characteristics of undiagnosed diabetes in community-dwelling French elderly: the 3C studyI Bourdel-Marchasson
Geriatric Department, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:257-64. 2007..021). A significant number of undiagnosed elderly had poor glucose control suggesting a potential benefit for diabetes screening in the elderly...
- Caring the elderly diabetic patient with respect to concepts of successful aging and frailtyI Bourdel-Marchasson
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU de Bordeaux, F 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 31:5S13-5S19. 2005..It is now recommended to screen elderly diabetic patients for frailty criteria. The effect of combined individualized diabetes care and CGA on the aging profile should be investigated...
- Incidence and predictors of drug-treated diabetes in elderly French subjects. The PAQUID Epidemiological SurveyI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac, France
Diabet Med 17:675-81. 2000..To estimate the incidence and predictors of drug-treated diabetes in elderly subjects...
- Nutritional strategy in the management of heart failure in adultsI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 1:363-73. 2001..Long term nutritional supplementation trials in patients with CHF and cachexia are thus required to establish recommendations for the nutritional management of patients with CHF...
- Insulin resistance, diabetes and cognitive function: consequences for preventative strategiesI Bourdel-Marchasson
UMR 5536 CNRS, University V Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Diabetes Metab 36:173-81. 2010..Lifestyle interventions in middle-aged or younger-elderly subjects should also be implemented in the general population...
- One-year incidence of hyperosmolar states and prognosis in a geriatric acute care unitIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Département de Gériatrie Henri Choussat, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Gerontology 50:171-6. 2004..Hyperosmolar syndromes are associated with high mortality rates, yet little is known about their incidence and their prognosis...
- Antioxidant defences and oxidative stress markers in erythrocytes and plasma from normally nourished elderly Alzheimer patientsI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Age Ageing 30:235-41. 2001..to investigate blood markers of oxidative stress, and enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants in normally nourished elderly people with Alzheimer's disease...
- [Annual incidence and risk factors for nosocomial bacterial infections in an acute care geriatric unit]I Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU de Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Rev Med Interne 22:1056-63. 2001..Elderly inpatients are particularly exposed to the risk of nosocomial infections, thus the study of their risk factors and consequences is of interest...
- Functional and metabolic early changes in calf muscle occurring during nutritional repletion in malnourished elderly patientsI Bourdel-Marchasson
Département de Gériatrie du Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Am J Clin Nutr 73:832-8. 2001..Metabolic alterations in skeletal muscle associated with malnutrition and the potential reversibility of such alterations during refeeding are not fully understood...
- A randomized controlled trial on early physiotherapy intervention versus usual care in acute care unit for elderly: potential benefits in light of dietary intakesC Blanc-Bisson
CHU de Bordeaux, Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33600 Pessac cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 12:395-9. 2008..To evaluate effects of early intensive physiotherapy during acute illness on post hospitalization activity daily living autonomy (ADL)...
- The short mean length of stay of post-emergency geriatric units is associated with the rate of early readmission in frail elderlyThalie Traissac
Post emergency Geriatric Unit, Hôpital St André, Bordeaux, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 23:217-22. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate risk factors of early rehospitalization in a shortstay geriatric unit...
- Effects of exercise programs to prevent decline in health-related quality of life in highly deconditioned institutionalized elderly persons: a randomized controlled trialArnaud Dechamps
Department of Physical Activity and Exercise Psychology, LACES 4140, Faculte des Sciences du Sport, Bordeaux, France
Arch Intern Med 170:162-9. 2010....
- Maximal and sustained isokinetic lower-limb muscle strength in hospitalized older peopleFrançois Muller
Service de médecine physique et réadaptation, EA Handicap et Système Nerveux, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Muscle Nerve 35:739-44. 2007..It could be related to the modifications of muscle-fiber composition described in elderly subjects and enhanced by hospitalization...
- Undernutrition in elderly patients with cancer: target for diagnosis and interventionChristèle Blanc-Bisson
Pôle de gérontologie, CHU de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33400 Pessac, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 67:243-54. 2008..The potential for nutritional intervention in geriatric oncology with regard to CGA is explored...
- Delirium symptoms and low dietary intake in older inpatients are independent predictors of institutionalization: a 1-year prospective population-based studyIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Département de Gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac Cedex, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:350-4. 2004..To assess the effects of delirium on the institutionalization rate, taking into account geriatric syndromes and nutritional status...
- Varying insulin use in older hospitalized patients with diabetesN Jover
Department of Gerontology, CHU Bordeaux, France
J Nutr Health Aging 13:456-9. 2009..Observation of insulin use in consecutive hospitalized diabetic older patients in acute care wards with reference to nutritional intakes, measures of functional status, and varying clinical situations...
- Co-occurrence of neuropsychiatric syndromes in demented and psychotic institutionalized elderlyArnaud Dechamps
Department of Physical Activity and Exercise, VSTII, LACES 4140, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Universitée V Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:1182-90. 2008..To explore and determine the clinical figures of behavioral syndromes from the factor structure of the Neuropsychiatric Inventory-Nursing Home version (NPI-NH) in demented and psychotic patients...
- Five-year mortality in elderly French subjects from the PAQUID epidemiologival survey: the burden of diabetesI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de Gériatrie du Centre Hospitalo, Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac, France
Diabet Med 15:830-5. 1998..0-1.8], p = 0.01), in addition to tobacco use, hypertension and functional dependency. These results confirm suggestions that diabetes increases mortality in the over-65 age group, perhaps with an adverse interaction with other pathology...
- Kinematic and electromyographic analysis of rising from a chair during a "Sit-to-Walk" task in elderly subjects: role of strengthP Dehail
Departement de Geriatrie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 22:1096-103. 2007....
- Early changes in isokinetic lower limb muscle strength in recovering geriatric subjects on the basis of nutritional statusP Dehail
Departement de Geriatrie, Unite de Soins de Suite et Readaptation CHU Bordeaux Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 9:356-63. 2005..In older people, the decrease in muscle mass and strength has a bad effect on functional status. Malnutrition and lack of physical activity exacerbate this phenomenon...
- [Significance of cholesterol levels in patients 75 years or older]T Traissac
Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, Département de Médecine Gériatrique, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Centre Henri Choussat, Pessac
Presse Med 34:1525-32. 2005....
- Incretin therapies in the management of elderly patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, Centre Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Bordeaux, France
Hosp Pract (1995) 39:7-21. 2011..Therefore, available data from elderly subgroups of individual studies were also reviewed when available, as well as pooled analyses by age subgroups across clinical programs conducted with incretin therapies...
- Prevalence and incidence rates of pressure ulcers in an Emergency DepartmentElodie Dugaret
CHU Bordeaux, Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, Pessac, FrancePôle de Médecine et Urgences, Bordeaux, France
Int Wound J 11:386-91. 2014..In conclusion, these data show that even a very short stay to the ED is sufficient to induce PUs especially stage I. ..
- Efficiency at the resident's level of the NABUCCOD nutrition and oral health care training program in nursing homesPhilippe Poisson
Department of Dentistry and Oral Health, CHU of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Department of Oral Public Health, UFR of Odontology, Bordeaux Segalen University, Bordeaux, France EA 4136 Handicap and Nervous System, Bordeaux Segalen University, Bordeaux, France Agricultural Social Security Mutualite Sociale Agricole of Dordogne, Lot et Garonne, Périgueux, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 15:290-5. 2014..To assess the impact of a nutrition and oral care training program on nursing home (NH) policies and residents...
- Accurate determination of the oxidative phosphorylation affinity for ADP in isolated mitochondriaGilles Gouspillou
Laboratoire de Résonance Magnétique des Systèmes Biologiques, UMR 5536 CNRS Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 6:e20709. 2011..The present study intends to address this issue by providing a method to investigate mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation affinity for ADP in isolated mitochondria...
- [Drug hypersensitivity syndrome with lamotrigine two cases in elderly]Pierre Yves Jeandel
Département de médecine interne et gériatrique, Centre Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Avenue du Haut Leveque, Pessac
Presse Med 34:516-8. 2005..Lamotrigine is an antiepileptic agent used in a wide range of seizure disorders among the elderly. In rare cases, it can induce a drug hypersensitivity syndrome (DHS)...
- A multi-center trial of the effects of oral nutritional supplementation in critically ill older inpatients. GAGE Group. Groupe Aquitain Geriatrique d'EvaluationI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de Gériatrie du Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac, France
Nutrition 16:1-5. 2000..38, P = 0.04). In conclusion, it was possible to increase the dietary intake of critically ill elderly subjects by systematic use of oral supplements. This intervention was associated with a decreased risk of pressure ulcer incidence...
- [Management and prevention of nutritional risk. What do we expect from hospitals and nursing homes?]Isabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Presse Med 35:561-2. 2006