Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- [Hereditary angiœdema treatments: Recommendations from the French national center for angiœdema (Bordeaux consensus 2014)]Laurence Bouillet
CHU de Grenoble, centre national de référence des angiœdèmes, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France CHU de Grenoble, Clinique Universitaire de Médecine Interne, centre de référence des angiœdèmes, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France Université Grenoble Alpes, Unité Inserm 1036, CEA Grenoble, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 09, France Electronic address
Presse Med 44:526-32. 2015..Four new therapeutic options are now available in France. The French Reference Centre for Angioedema has a consensus meeting to give recommendations about their use...
- [Diagnosis of hereditary angioedema]Laurence Bouillet
CHU de Grenoble, Clinique Universitaire de Médecine Interne, centre nationale de référence des angioedèmes CREAK, Boulevard de la Chantourne, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France Electronic address
Presse Med 44:52-6. 2015..Bradykinin, secondary to kallikrein-kinin system activation is the key mediator of hereditary angioedema. Female are more symptomatic. Attacks can be induced by menstruations, pregnancies or contraceptive pills...
- Hereditary angioedema with C1 inhibitor deficiency: clinical presentation and quality of life of 193 French patientsLaurence Bouillet
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Grenoble, France Electronic address
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 111:290-4. 2013..Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a rare and potentially life-threatening disease. New specific treatments are available...
- Hereditary angioedema in women: specific challengesLaurence Bouillet
National Reference Centre for Angioedema CREAK, Internal Medicine Department, Grenoble University Hospital, Joseph Fourier Grenoble 1 University, Cedex 09, Grenoble 38043, France Electronic address
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 33:505-11. 2013..Women often badly tolerate attenuated androgen: 30% of women have weight gain, 30% irregular menstruations, and 6% virilization. Acid tranexamic and progestins are preferred for long-term prophylaxis for women with HAE. ..
- [Hereditary angioedema: a therapeutic revolution]L Bouillet
Centre de référence des angiœdèmes CREAK, Clinique Universitaire de Médecine Interne, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Rev Med Interne 33:150-4. 2012..Since the past five years, new drugs developed for hereditary angioedema have changed dramatically the outcome of this disorder. The objective of this review is to detail the new therapeutic guidelines...
- HAE international home therapy consensus documentHilary J Longhurst
Department of Immunology, Barts and The London NHS Trust, London, UK
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 6:22. 2010..It represents the opinion of the authors who have a wide range of expert experience in the management of HAE...
- 2010 International consensus algorithm for the diagnosis, therapy and management of hereditary angioedemaTom Bowen
Departments of Medicine and Paediatrics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 6:24. 2010....
- Hereditary angioedema in womenLaurence Bouillet
National French Reference Centre of Angioedema, Internal Medicine Department, Grenoble University Hospital, France
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 6:17. 2010..Attenuated androgens for long term prophylaxis are effective but side effects appear more often in female patients. These side effects are dose dependant and can be attenuated by titrating the dose down the lowest effective level...
- [Bradykinin mediated angioedema]L Bouillet
Centre de référence sur les angiœdèmes bradykiniques CREAK, Clinique Universitaire de Médecine Interne, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Rev Med Interne 32:225-31. 2011..In case of severe attacks, icatibant (bradykinin receptor antagonist) or C1 inhibitor concentrate can be used. In case of frequent attacks, long-term therapy with danazol or tranexamic acid is effective...
- Icatibant in hereditary angioedema: news and challengesLaurence Bouillet
National Reference Centre for Angioedema, Department of Internal Medicine, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 7:267-72. 2011..Safety data are also encouraging. Icatibant is administered subcutaneously, with the potential for patients to self-administer. In the future, this therapy may offer increased independence for HAE patients...
- Usefulness of an in-vitro tuberculosis interferon-γ release assay (T-SPOT.TB) in the first-line check-up of uveitis patientsPierre Marie Ball
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Grenoble, Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Ann Med 42:546-54. 2010..The main objective of this 1.5-year prospective study was to evaluate the value of T-SPOT®.TB as compared to the tuberculin skin test (TST) for the first-line assessment of uveitis...
- Disease expression in women with hereditary angioedemaLaurence Bouillet
Department of Internal Medicine, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:484.e1-4. 2008..Combined oral contraceptive therapies, as well as pregnancy, can induce severe attacks. The course of angioedema may be very variable in different women...
- Recurrent angioedema: diagnosis strategy and biological aspectsLaurence Bouillet
National Reference Centre for Angioedema CREAK, Internal Medicine Department, Grenoble University Hospital, BP 217 38043 Grenoble cedex 09 France, Unité Inserm 1036, CEA, Université de médecine Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Eur J Dermatol 24:293-6. 2014..Hereditary AE with normal C1Inh may be associated with a mutation on gene F12 in 20% of cases. For 80% of patients without mutation, the diagnosis must be done very carefully. ..
- Contribution of anti-Hsp70.1 IgG antibody levels to the diagnostic certainty of clinically suspected ocular toxoplasmosisBernabé F F Chumpitazi
Laboratory of Parasitology and Mycology, Fourier University, Grenoble 1, Grenoble, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:5530-6. 2010..The authors postulate that infected patients may exhibit serum IgG anti-Hsp70.1 antibodies and that determining the presence of these antibodies could improve the diagnosis of suspected ocular toxoplasmosis...
- Metallopeptidase activities in hereditary angioedema: effect of androgen prophylaxis on plasma aminopeptidase PChristian Drouet
GREPI CNRS UMR 5525 and Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:429-33. 2008..The pathophysiology of hereditary angioedema is presently attributed only to a quantitative/qualitative C1 inhibitor (CI-INH) defect with increased bradykinin release...