Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- [Neoadjuvant hormonal treatment combined with external irradiation in the management of prostate cancer]Michel Bolla
Département de cancérologie hématologie, Service d Urologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, BP 392, 63011 Grenoble
Bull Cancer 93:1101-5. 2006..Very high risk prostate cancers, T3-4 N0 M0 or pelvic lymph node involvement (c or pN1) whatever the UICC T stage, need a long term androgen suppression of 3 years or more...
- Adjuvant hormone therapy in locally advanced and localized prostate cancer: three EORTC trialsM Bolla
EORTC Radiotherapy and Genito Urinary Cooperative Groups, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
Front Radiat Ther Oncol 36:81-6. 2002
- Guidelines for primary radiotherapy of patients with prostate cancerDirk Boehmer
Klinik f Strahlentherapie, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Germany
Radiother Oncol 79:259-69. 2006....
- Guidelines for target volume definition in post-operative radiotherapy for prostate cancer, on behalf of the EORTC Radiation Oncology GroupPhilip Poortmans
Department of Radiotherapy, Dr B Verbeeten Institute, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 84:121-7. 2007....
- High-risk prostate cancer: combination of high-dose, high-precision radiotherapy and androgen deprivation therapyMichel Bolla
Clinique Universitaire de Cancérologie Radiothérapie, Grenoble, France
Curr Opin Urol 23:349-54. 2013....
- Combined hormone therapy and radiation therapy for locally advanced prostate cancerM Bolla
Radiation Oncology Department, C H U Michallon, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 84:e30-4. 2012..5-3 years) improved significantly overall survival...
- Postoperative radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy for high-risk prostate cancer: long-term results of a randomised controlled trial (EORTC trial 22911)Michel Bolla
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire A Michallon, Grenoble, France
Lancet 380:2018-27. 2012....
- Prognostic factors in solitary plasmacytoma of the bone: a multicenter Rare Cancer Network studyDavid Knobel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Cancer 6:118. 2006..Therefore, in this large retrospective study, we wanted to assess the outcome, prognostic factors, and the optimal RT dose in patients with SP...
- Duration of androgen suppression in the treatment of prostate cancerMichel Bolla
Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
N Engl J Med 360:2516-27. 2009..We compared the use of radiotherapy plus short-term androgen suppression with the use of radiotherapy plus long-term androgen suppression in the treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer...
- [The actions of the French Society of Radiation Oncology (SFRO), within the frame of Plan cancer and the recent events of radioprotection]M Bolla
Département de cancérologie hématologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, 38700, La Tronche, France
Cancer Radiother 11:305-8. 2007..We report on the actions the SFRO has participated with, or initiated these last 2 years...
- Postoperative radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy: a randomised controlled trial (EORTC trial 22911)Michel Bolla
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire A Michallon, Grenoble, France
Lancet 366:572-8. 2005..We did a randomised controlled trial to compare radical prostatectomy followed by immediate external irradiation with prostatectomy alone for patients with positive surgical margin or pT3 prostate cancer...
- [Combination of external irradiation and androgen suppression for prostate cancer: facts and questions]M Bolla
Pôle de Cancérologie, Clinique Universitaire de Cancérologie Radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Cancer Radiother 14:510-4. 2010..Complete androgen blockade with a four to six months duration, combined with external irradiation, enhanced the overall survival in patients with intermediate or poor risk localized prostate cancer...
- External irradiation with or without long-term androgen suppression for prostate cancer with high metastatic risk: 10-year results of an EORTC randomised studyMichel Bolla
Radiotherapy Department, University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Lancet Oncol 11:1066-73. 2010..In this report, we present the 10-year results...
- [Report of the mission commissioned by the Ministry of Health to the French Society of Radiation Oncology]M Bolla
Département de cancérologie radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Grenoble, Clinique Universitaire de Cancérologie Radiothérapie, 38000 Grenoble, France
Cancer Radiother 13:190-4. 2009..Due to the numerous actions of the roadmap managed by the tutelages, the aim of the mission was focused on the modalities of work of the professionals linked to radiotherapy: radiation oncologists, radiographers and physicists...
- [Preliminary results for EORTC trial 22911: radical prostatectomy followed by postoperative radiotherapy in prostate cancers with a high risk of progression]M Bolla
Département de cancérologie radiothérapie, CHU de Grenoble, Hopital Albert Michallon, BP 217, 38043, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Cancer Radiother 11:363-9. 2007..Local failure after radiotherapy can arise with cancer extending beyond the capsule and/or involvement of seminal vesicles or positive surgical margins...
- [Interest of the radiotherapy-hormonotherapy association in the treatment of the high-risk prostate cancer]M Bolla
Clinique Universitaire de Cancérologie Radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, France
Bull Cancer 95:1213-8. 2008..Some trials, which have a long follow-up show that the risk of cardiovascular death is not significantly increased by hormonal treatment...
- Adjuvant treatment to radiation: combined hormone therapy and external radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancerMichel Bolla
Department of Radiation Oncology, Albert Michallon University Hospital, Grenoble, France
BJU Int 100:44-7. 2007
- Fast growing cervical carcinomas. A retrospective analysis of 20 IB-IIB FIGOM Bolla
Radiation Oncology Department, Hopital A Michallon, BP 217X, 38043, Grenoble, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 90:81-5. 2000..This retrospective analysis is aimed at assessing 5-year outcomes...
- Patients at high risk of progression after radical prostatectomy: do they all benefit from immediate post-operative irradiation? (EORTC trial 22911)Laurence Collette
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Data Center Biostatistics, Avenue E Mounier 83 11, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 41:2662-72. 2005..Postoperative irradiation improved biochemical progression-free survival in all patient groups. Longer follow-up is needed to assess the endpoint of clinical progression-free survival...
- Long-term results with immediate androgen suppression and external irradiation in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer (an EORTC study): a phase III randomised trialMichel Bolla
University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Lancet 360:103-6. 2002....
- Concurrent and adjuvant docetaxel with three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy plus androgen deprivation for high-risk prostate cancer: preliminary results of a multicentre phase II trialMichel Bolla
Department of Oncology Radiotherapy, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, France
Radiother Oncol 97:312-7. 2010..We evaluate the feasibility of concomitant and adjuvant docetaxel combined with three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) and androgen deprivation in high-risk prostate carcinomas...
- Quality assurance of the 22961 EORTC trial. A phase III study of the optimal combination of hormonal adjuvant treatment by LHRH analogue and radiation therapy for the management of locally advanced prostate cancer: the dummy runVassilis E Kouloulias
EORTC, Data Center, Av Mounier 83, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 73:11-20. 2004..A dummy run was established to assess centre compliance to the radiotherapy protocol...
- Estimating survival gain for economic evaluations with survival time as principal endpoint: a cost-effectiveness analysis of adding early hormonal therapy to radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced prostate cancerN Neymark
EORTC Health Economics Unit, Brussels, Belgium
Health Econ 11:233-48. 2002..We show that the exact results of the economic evaluation are decisively determined by the restriction time point chosen and the approach taken to estimate mean survival time...
- Predictors of the risk of fibrosis at 10 years after breast conserving therapy for early breast cancer: a study based on the EORTC Trial 22881-10882 'boost versus no boost'Sandra Collette
Statistics Department, EORTC Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 44:2587-99. 2008..01) if WBI was given with >6 MV photons. The c-index was around 0.62. Nomograms with these factors are proposed to forecast the long-term risk of moderate or severe fibrosis...
- Development of a novel robot for transperineal needle based interventions: focal therapy, brachytherapy and prostate biopsiesJean Alexandre Long
Urology Department, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
J Urol 188:1369-74. 2012..Its ability to track prostate motion intraoperatively allows it to manage motions and guide needles to predefined targets...
- [Indications of the association of radiotherapy and hormonal treatment in prostate cancer]Michel Bolla
Département de cancérologie hématologie, CHU de Grenoble, France
Cancer Radiother 9:394-8. 2005..The role of hormonal treatment is currently assessed in localized prostate cancer (T1-2 N0) with poor prognostic factors: Gleason score 8-10, PSA>20 ng/ml...
- Adjuvant hormonal treatment with radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancerM Bolla
Service de Radiotherapie, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire, Grenoble, France
Eur Urol 35:23-5; discussion 26. 1999..Long-term results of radiotherapy in locally advanced prostate cancer are poor due to local and distant failures. Since prostate cancer is hormone dependent, tumor androgen deprivation may enhance tumor eradication...
- Toxicity at three years with and without irradiation of the internal mammary and medial supraclavicular lymph node chain in stage I to III breast cancer (EORTC trial 22922/10925)Oscar Matzinger
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC, Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Oncol 49:24-34. 2010..We present the toxicity reported until year 3 after treatment...
- Cost-effectiveness of the addition of early hormonal therapy in locally advanced prostate cancer: results decisively determined by the cut-off time-point chosen for the analysisN Neymark
EORTC Health Economics Unit, Avenue E Mounier 83, Bte 11, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 37:1768-74. 2001....
- Late toxicity following conventional radiotherapy for prostate cancer: analysis of the EORTC trial 22863Fatma Ataman
EORTC Data Center, Radiotherapy Group, Avenue E Mounier 83, Bte 11, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 40:1674-81. 2004..Although four treatment-related deaths (1%) occurred, grade 3 or 4 late complications were less than 5%...
- [Combined induction chemotherapy and radiotherapy in case of undifferentiated carcinoma of nasopharynx tumours (UCNT)]Ch A Righini
CHU A Michallon, Service d ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico faciale, 38043 Grenoble 09, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 127:223-8. 2006..The objectives of our study were to consider the morbidity and the effectiveness of combined induction chemotherapy and radiotherapy in the treatment of Undifferentiated Carcinoma of Nasopharynx Tumor (UCNT)...
- [Quantification of prostate movements during radiotherapy]X Artignan
Service de Radiotherapie, CHU de Grenoble, Boulevard de la Chantourne, 38700 La Tronche, France
Cancer Radiother 10:381-7. 2006..Ideally, real time imaging tools should allow an accurate localisation of the prostate and the adaptation of the dosimetry before each treatment session in a time envelope not exceeding 20 minutes...
- [Retrospective analysis of 108 ductal carcinomas in situ of the breast treated by radiosurgery association]P Fourneret
Service de cancérologie radiothérapie, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Cancer Radiother 10:550-8. 2006..To evaluate survival and prognostic factors of 108 patients with clinically or mammographically detected ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), treated from 1980 to 1996 by complete local excision followed by external irradiation...
- [Transmandibular buccopharyngectomy after radiotherapy for orpharyngeal cancer]O Cuisnier
CHU de Grenoble, Service ORL, BP 217, 38100 Grenoble, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 123:17-22. 2002..We present a retrospective study of 95 patients with recurrence of oropharyngeal carcinoma after exclusive radiotherapy. The treatment consisted in a salvage composite resection in all cases...
- Prognostic factors for survival in adult patients with cerebral low-grade gliomaFrancesco Pignatti
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 20:2076-84. 2002..To identify prognostic factors for survival in adult patients with cerebral low-grade glioma (LGG), to derive a prognostic scoring system, and to validate results using an independent data set...
- Acute toxicity of conventional radiation therapy for high-risk prostate cancer in EORTC trial 22863A Zurlo
EORTC Data Center, Avenue E Mounier 83, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 42:125-32. 2002....
- The use of a semi-customized phantom for verification of conformal plansJ Y Giraud
CHU de Grenoble, service d oncologie radiothérapie, Grenoble, France
Med Dosim 24:183-8. 1999..Our phantom and the Fricke gel solution are convenient to carry out validation of conformal treatments...
- Quality assurance of the EORTC 22043-30041 trial in post-operative radiotherapy in prostate cancer: results of the Dummy Run procedurePaul A Fenton
EORTC Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 107:346-51. 2013..As part of the quality assurance of radiotherapy (QART) a Dummy Run (DR) procedure was performed...
- Prognostic assessment of PTK activity in T1-T2, N0-N1, M0 breast cancer: a multicentric retrospective studyBéatrice Rostaing-Puissant
Laboratoire de Biochimie A, CHU A Michallon, Grenoble, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 74:135-41. 2002....
- [Multidisciplinary team meetings in cancerology: setting priorities for improvement]Pascale Guillem
CHU de Grenoble, centre de coordination en cancérologie, France
Bull Cancer 98:989-98. 2011..Leading to completeness raises questions about medical time employment and meaning of the MDT meeting for standard clinical cases. The priority seems to enforce multidisciplinarity rather than reach completeness...
- Can the sentinel lymph node technique affect decisions to offer internal mammary chain irradiation?Jean Cyril Bourre
Nuclear Medicine Department, Grenoble University Hospital, La Tronche, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:758-64. 2009....
- Moisture content of Hemoccult slides influences test sensitivityHenri Faure
Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHU La Tronche, Grenoble, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1111-4. 2003..In this paper, we show that the moisture content of Hemoccult slides influences test sensitivity...
- Patient setup optimization for external conformal radiotherapyJ Troccaz
TIMC IMAG, Faculte de Medecine, La Tronche, France
J Image Guid Surg 1:113-20. 1995..This system is under clinical evaluation...
- [Absorbed dose during helical acquisition CT. Effect of acquisition parameters]J Y Giraud
Service de cancérologie radiothérapie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex
J Radiol 82:45-50. 2001..In order to prepare for implementation of this new regulation, we have studied the dose delivered during spiral CT acquisition...
- MRI/TRUS data fusion for brachytherapyV Daanen
TIMC Laboratory, Grenoble, France
Int J Med Robot 2:256-61. 2006..Because ultrasound imaging is patient- and operator-dependent, we have proposed to fuse MRI data to TRUS data to make image processing more reliable. The technical accuracy of this approach has already been evaluated...
- Quality assurance of the EORTC trial 22911. A phase III study of post-operative external radiotherapy in pathological stage T3N0 prostatic carcinoma: the dummy runJ Bernard Davis
Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Radiother Oncol 64:65-73. 2002..A dry run of a clinical trial (EORTC 22911) is presented in which 12 centres have participated. These are the centres which have contributed the largest number of patients to the trial...
- [Yield of colonoscopy by indication and consequences for colorectal polyp and cancer screening: a prospective survey in Isère, France]Catherine Exbrayat
Office Départemental de Lutte contre le Cancer, 38244 Meylan, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:225-30. 2002....
- Postoperative irradiation with or without concomitant chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck cancerJacques Bernier
Department of Radio Oncology, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 350:1945-52. 2004..We compared concomitant cisplatin and irradiation with radiotherapy alone as adjuvant treatment for stage III or IV head and neck cancer...
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancerAxel Heidenreich
Department of Urology, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur Urol 53:68-80. 2008..To present a summary of the 2007 version of the European Association of Urology (EAU) guidelines on prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Identification of patients with prostate cancer who benefit from immediate postoperative radiotherapy: EORTC 22911Theodorus H van der Kwast
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:4178-86. 2007..Review pathology data of specimens from participants in this trial were analyzed to identify which factors predict increased benefit from adjuvant radiotherapy...
- High conformality radiotherapy in Europe: thirty-one centres participating in the quality assurance programme of the EORTC prostate trial 22991Fatma Ataman
EORTC Data Centre, Radiotherapy Group 83 Avenue Mounier, Bte 11, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 40:2411-6. 2004..The technology questionnaire is the first step in the extensive quality assurance programme dedicated to this high-tech radiotherapy trial...
- Outcomes and patterns of failure in solitary plasmacytoma: a multicenter Rare Cancer Network study of 258 patientsMahmut Ozsahin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:210-7. 2006..To assess the outcomes and patterns of failure in solitary plasmacytoma (SP)...
- [Breast carcinoma with predominant neuroendocrine differentiation]Sophie Frachon
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, CHU, Grenoble
Ann Pathol 24:278-83. 2004..We discuss the histogenesis of composite mammary carcinomas with neuroendocrine differentiation, the outcome of each component and the prognostic relevance of such a diagnosis...
- Short- vs long-term androgen suppression plus external beam radiation therapy and survival in men of advanced age with node-negative high-risk adenocarcinoma of the prostateAnthony V D'Amico
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 109:2004-10. 2007....
- Adjuvant radiotherapy after surgery for pathologically advanced prostate cancerTheodorus H van der Kwast
J Clin Oncol 25:5671-2. 2007
- Course and prognosis of basaloid squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a case-control study of 62 patientsEdouard Soriano
Department of ENT HNS, University Medical Center of Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Eur J Cancer 44:244-50. 2008..To describe the natural history and evaluate the prognosis of basaloid squamous cell carcinoma (BSCC) of the upper aero-digestive tract as compared to the usual squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Impact of pathology review of stage and margin status of radical prostatectomy specimens (EORTC trial 22911)Theodorus H van der Kwast
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada, and Department of Urology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Virchows Arch 449:428-34. 2006..05 and p>0.8). The observations suggest that review of pathological stage and surgical margin of radical prostatectomy strongly improves their prognostic impact in multi-institutional studies or trials...
- MRI/TRUS data fusion for prostate brachytherapy. Preliminary resultsChristophe Reynier
TIMC Laboratory, School of Medicine, F 38706 La Tronche, France
Med Phys 31:1568-75. 2004..This may significantly modify prostate volume definition and have an impact on treatment planning...
- Outcome and prognostic factors in breast sarcoma: a multicenter study from the rare cancer networkGuilhem Bousquet
Oscar Lambret Anti Cancer Center, 3 Rue Frederic Combemale, Lille, France
Radiother Oncol 85:355-61. 2007..Breast sarcoma (BS) is a rare tumour. While surgical resection is the primary treatment, the role of radiation therapy (RT) and chemotherapy remains unclear. This study aimed at defining prognostic factors and treatment strategies...
- Clinical stage T3 prostate cancer: the added value of three-dimensional conformal/intensity-modulated external-beam radiotherapyMichel Bolla
Eur Urol 53:1104-6; discussion 1106-8. 2008
- Results of the phase II EORTC 22971 trial evaluating combined accelerated external radiation and chemotherapy with 5FU and cisplatin in patients with muscle invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderPhilip M Poortmans
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dr Bernard Verbeeten Institute, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Acta Oncol 47:937-40. 2008..We prospectively evaluated concomitant radiotherapy and chemotherapy for advanced bladder cancer in a phase II EORTC trial to test whether it could be further studied as a potential treatment of bladder cancer...