Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Uncalibrated stroke volume variations are able to predict the hemodynamic effects of positive end-expiratory pressure in patients with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndrome after liver transplantationMatthieu Biais
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Anesthesiology 111:855-62. 2009..The aim of the study was to examine the relationships between stroke volume variations (SVV) obtained with the Vigileo monitor (Edwards Lifesciences, Irvine, CA), and the hemodynamic effects of PEEP...
- Ability of esCCO to track changes in cardiac outputM Biais
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care III, Bordeaux University Hospital, F 33000 Bordeaux, France INSERM, Adaptation Cardiovasculaire à l ischémie, U1034, F 33600 Pessac, France Univ Bordeaux, Adaptation Cardiovasculaire à l ischémie, U1034, F 33600 Pessac, France
Br J Anaesth 115:403-10. 2015....
- Predicting fluid responsiveness during infrarenal aortic cross-clamping in pigsMatthieu Biais
Emergency Department, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Cardiovascular Adaptation to Ischemia, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Inserm U1034, Pessac, France Cardiovascular Adaptation to Ischemia, University of Bordeaux, Pessac, France Electronic address
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 27:1101-7. 2013..Since this issue has not been investigated yet to authors' knowledge, the hypothesis was tested that ACC may change PPV and impair its ability to predict fluid responsiveness...
- Evaluation of stroke volume variations obtained with the pressure recording analytic methodMatthieu Biais
Emergency Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
Crit Care Med 40:1186-91. 2012..To investigate whether stroke volume variations obtained with the pressure recording analytic method can predict fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients with circulatory failure...
- Impact of norepinephrine on the relationship between pleth variability index and pulse pressure variations in ICU adult patientsMatthieu Biais
Emergency Department, Hopital Pellegrin, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Crit Care 15:R168. 2011..We hypothesized that the correlation between PVI and ΔPP and the ability of PVI to identify patients with ΔPP > 13% is dependent on norepinephrine (NE) use...
- The ability of pulse pressure variations obtained with CNAP™ device to predict fluid responsiveness in the operating roomMatthieu Biais
Service d Anesthésie et de Réanimation 1, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Anesth Analg 113:523-8. 2011....
- Continuous non-invasive arterial pressure measurement: evaluation of CNAP device during vascular surgeryM Biais
Service d anesthésie réanimation 1, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:530-5. 2010..KG, Lübeck, Germany) has recently been proposed for non-invasive continuous beat-to-beat BP measurements. The present study was designed to compare BP obtained with the CNAP and with an invasive method in the operating room...
- Abilities of pulse pressure variations and stroke volume variations to predict fluid responsiveness in prone position during scoliosis surgeryM Biais
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU Bordeaux, France
Br J Anaesth 104:407-13. 2010..The aim of the study was to evaluate the ability of PPV and SVV to predict fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients in the prone position (PP) during scoliosis surgery...
- Changes in stroke volume induced by passive leg raising in spontaneously breathing patients: comparison between echocardiography and Vigileo/FloTrac deviceMatthieu Biais
Service d anesthésie réanimation 1, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Crit Care 13:R195. 2009....
- A comparison of stroke volume variation measured by Vigileo/FloTrac system and aortic Doppler echocardiographyMatthieu Biais
Service d anesthésie réanimation I, Hopital Pellegrin, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Anesth Analg 109:466-9. 2009..The goal of this study was to compare stroke volume variation (SVV) assessed from a peripheral artery with the Vigileo/FloTrac system (SVV-FloTrac) with SVV derived close to the heart by aortic Doppler (SVV-Doppler)...
- Cardiac output measurement in patients undergoing liver transplantation: pulmonary artery catheter versus uncalibrated arterial pressure waveform analysisMatthieu Biais
Service d anesthésie réanimation I, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Anesth Analg 106:1480-6, table of contents. 2008....
- Fractional excretion of urea as a diagnostic index in acute kidney injury in intensive care patientsAntoine Dewitte
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33000 Bordeaux, France
J Crit Care 27:505-10. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the performance of fractional excretion of urea (FeU) for differentiating persistent from transient AKI in patients admitted to the intensive care unit...
- Preoperative opioid consumption increases morphine requirement after leg amputationStéphanie Roullet
Service d anesthésie réanimation 1, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Can J Anaesth 56:908-13. 2009..The aim of this observational study was to assess the influence of preoperative opioid consumption on postoperative morphine consumption after leg amputation performed under combined regional and general anesthesia...
- Hypoxia-preconditioned mesenchymal stromal cells improve cardiac function in a swine model of chronic myocardial ischaemiaJérémie Jaussaud
Adaptation cardiovasculaire à líschémie, INSERM, Pessac, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 43:1050-7. 2013....
- Noninvasive assessment of macrovesicular liver steatosis in cadaveric donors based on computed tomography liver-to-spleen attenuation ratioJulien Rogier
Emergency Intensive Care Unit, Pellegrin Hospital, University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Liver Transpl 21:690-5. 2015..A cutoff value of 0.9 for the CT L/S ratio provided a sensitivity of 79% and a specificity of 97% to detect significant steatosis. Liver Transpl 21:690-695, 2015. © 2015 AASLD. ..
- Chronic hypoxia-induced alterations in mitochondrial energy metabolism are not reversible in rat heart ventriclesKarine Nouette-Gaulain
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, INSERM U, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 89:58-66. 2011..Reactive oxygen species could be involved and should be investigated under such conditions, since they may represent a therapeutic target...