Affiliation: CHU de Nantes
- Oncogenesis of multiple myeloma: 14q32 and 13q chromosomal abnormalities are not randomly distributed, but correlate with natural history, immunological features, and clinical presentationHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory and Clinical Department of Hematology, University Hospital, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes, France
Blood 99:2185-91. 2002..The strong correlations we found might be the basis for a novel genetic classification of MM, as has been previously demonstrated for leukemias and lymphomas. Furthermore, our study supports different models for MM oncogenesis...
- Role of genetics in prognostication in myelomaHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory of Hematology, and INSERM, U601, University Hospital, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 20:625-35. 2007..However, even in these genetically defined subgroups, an outcome heterogeneity is observed, suggesting the role of other factors (genetic or otherwise) in disease evolution...
- Long-term analysis of the IFM 99 trials for myeloma: cytogenetic abnormalities [t(4;14), del(17p), 1q gains] play a major role in defining long-term survivalHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Clin Oncol 30:1949-52. 2012..However, all of these predict shorter survival. To identify patients with a longer life expectancy, we updated the data of patients treated in the IFM (Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome) 99-02 and 99-04 trials...
- The dChip survival analysis module for microarray dataSamir B Amin
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard School of Public Health, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:72. 2011..However, there is no software that can perform survival analysis using SNP array data or draw survival curves interactively for expression-based sample clusters...
- Impact of high-risk cytogenetics and prior therapy on outcomes in patients with advanced relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomide plus dexaméthasoneH Avet-Loiseau
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unite 892, Nantes, France
Leukemia 24:623-8. 2010....
- Bortezomib plus dexamethasone induction improves outcome of patients with t(4;14) myeloma but not outcome of patients with del(17p)Herve Avet-Loiseau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4630-4. 2010..Patients presenting with either t(4;14) or del(17p) are known to have a short event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival (OS). Some preliminary data suggest that bortezomib is able to overcome these prognostic parameters...
- Ultra high-risk myelomaHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2010:489-93. 2010..However, focusing on fit patients with ISS 3, high proliferation, and poor-risk genetic changes, these patients should probably benefit from dose-dense and prolonged therapeutic schemas, ideally within prospective trials...
- Genetic abnormalities and survival in multiple myeloma: the experience of the Intergroupe Francophone du MyélomeHerve Avet-Loiseau
INSERM Unité 601, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes, France
Blood 109:3489-95. 2007..In myeloma, the genomic aberrations t(4;14) and del(17p), together with beta2-microglobulin level, are important independent predictors of survival. These findings have implications for the design of risk-adapted treatment strategies...
- Achievement of at least very good partial response is a simple and robust prognostic factor in patients with multiple myeloma treated with high-dose therapy: long-term analysis of the IFM 99-02 and 99-04 TrialsJean Luc Harousseau
Centre René Gauducheau Bd Jacques Monod 44850 St Herblain, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5720-6. 2009..The purpose of this study was to analyze the prognostic impact of very good partial response (VGPR) in patients treated with high-dose therapy...
- Bortezomib plus dexamethasone versus reduced-dose bortezomib, thalidomide plus dexamethasone as induction treatment before autologous stem cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 118:5752-8; quiz 5982. 2011..001). vtD, including reduced doses of bortezomib and thalidomide, yields higher VGPR rates compared with VD and can be considered a new effective triplet combination before HDT/ASCT...
- Long-term disease-free survival after gemtuzumab, intermediate-dose cytarabine, and mitoxantrone in patients with CD33(+) primary resistant or relapsed acute myeloid leukemiaPatrice Chevallier
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 26:5192-7. 2008..To determine the antitumor activity and safety of a combination of gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO), intermediate-dose cytarabine, and mitoxantrone (MIDAM) in patients with refractory or relapsed CD33(+) acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide versus melphalan and prednisone alone or reduced-intensity autologous stem cell transplantation in elderly patients with multiple myeloma (IFM 99-06): a randomised trialThierry Facon
Service d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
Lancet 370:1209-18. 2007..We assessed whether the addition of thalidomide to this combination, or reduced-intensity stem cell transplantation, would improve survival...
- 14q32 Translocations discriminate IgM multiple myeloma from Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemiaHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory of Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Semin Oncol 30:153-5. 2003..Especially in IgM MM, the search for t(11;14) might be useful in difficult cases to discriminate with WM...
- Patients with CD45 negative multiple myeloma receiving high-dose therapy have a shorter survival than those with CD45 positive multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
Department of Clinical Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Haematologica 89:547-51. 2004..Indeed, CD45 negative myeloma cells appear to have a greater capacity to circulate, disseminate and clone as well as being less sensitive to apoptosis...
- Achievement of VGPR to induction therapy is an important prognostic factor for longer PFS in the IFM 2005-01 trialPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 117:3041-4. 2011..This study is registered with EudraCT (https://eudract.ema.europa.eu; EUDRACT 2005-000537-38) and http://clinicaltrials.gov (NCT00200681)...
- Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) is the hallmark of IgM, IgE, and nonsecretory multiple myeloma variantsHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory of Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 101:1570-1. 2003..Thus, for unknown reasons, t(11;14) is the hallmark of IgM, IgE, and NS MM, (but not IgD MM), with a 5-fold increase of its incidence compared to that of IgG and IgA MM...
- Stem-cell transplantation in multiple myelomaJean Luc Harousseau
Department of Hematology, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 18:603-18. 2005..The results of allogeneic SCT remain disappointing due to a high transplant mortality. Strategies combining ASCT and reduced-intensity allogeneic SCT are currently being studied...
- CD117 (c-kit) is aberrantly expressed in a subset of MGUS and multiple myeloma with unexpectedly good prognosisRegis Bataille
INSERM UMR 601, Institute of Biology, Nantes, France
Leuk Res 32:379-82. 2008..In conclusion, CD117 (c-kit) is aberrantly expressed on a subset of MGUS and MM with a more indolent presentation and is functionally antinomic to CD221 (IGF-1R). CD117 expression could be related to a specific oncogenic pathway in MM...
- Current trends in autologous stem-cell transplantation for myeloma in the era of novel therapiesPhilippe Moreau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nantes, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 29:1898-906. 2011....
- Prediction of survival in multiple myeloma based on gene expression profiles reveals cell cycle and chromosomal instability signatures in high-risk patients and hyperdiploid signatures in low-risk patients: a study of the Intergroupe Francophone du MyélomOlivier Decaux
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, U892, University of Nantes, University, Hospital, Hematology Laboratory, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 26:4798-805. 2008..We used gene expression profiles of myeloma cells obtained at diagnosis to identify broadly applicable prognostic markers...
- Translocation t(14;16) and multiple myeloma: is it really an independent prognostic factor?Herve Avet-Loiseau
Hematology Laboratory, University Hospital, and Inserm U892, Nantes, France
Blood 117:2009-11. 2011..28). Moreover, in multivariate analyses, the t(14;16) was not prognostic (P = .39). In conclusion, our data do not support the use of t(14;16)-specific probes in the diagnostic panels of multiple myeloma...
- Prognostic significance of copy-number alterations in multiple myelomaHerve Avet-Loiseau
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U892, Universite de Nantes, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, Nantes, 44093, France
J Clin Oncol 27:4585-90. 2009..Chromosomal aberrations are a hallmark of multiple myeloma but their global prognostic impact is largely unknown...
- Mutations in TP53 are exclusively associated with del(17p) in multiple myelomaLaurence Lodé
Laboratoire d Hematologie, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Haematologica 95:1973-6. 2010..In conclusion, we showed that 37% of the myeloma patients with del(17p) present a TP53 mutation versus 0% in patients lacking the del(17p). The prognostic significance of these mutations remains to be evaluated...
- Chromothripsis identifies a rare and aggressive entity among newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patientsFlorence Magrangeas
INSERM U892, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
Blood 118:675-8. 2011..3% of samples. Moreover, this catastrophic event confers a poor outcome. Because chromothripsis appears to occur in a single crisis, our results suggest that high-risk MM patients use this novel way of cancer evolution...
- Administration of mylotarg 4 days after beginning of a chemotherapy including intermediate-dose aracytin and mitoxantrone (MIDAM regimen) produces a high rate of complete hematologic remission in patients with CD33+ primary resistant or relapsed acute myePatrice Chevallier
, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 9 quai Moncousu, BP1005, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Leuk Res 29:1003-7. 2005..The MIDAM protocol appears to be highly effective especially in patients with poor risk cytogenetic and/or refractory disease...
- Prognostic value of HER2 expression in meningiomas: an immunohistochemical and fluorescence in situ hybridization studyDelphine Loussouarn
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Nantes, France
Hum Pathol 37:415-21. 2006..Some meningiomas exhibit HER2 protein overexpression in part induced by gene amplification. However, only HER2 overexpression could represent an independent prognostic factor in meningiomas...
- The impact of genomics on the management of myelomaJill Corre
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Universite, Toulouse, France
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 9:1200-6. 2011..The use of some of these techniques is now mandatory for the management of patients. Although risk-adapted therapy is not yet a routine practice in myeloma, these molecular changes are essential for the definition of the prognosis...
- ABT-737 is highly effective against molecular subgroups of multiple myelomaLinda Bodet
INSERM, Unité Mixte de Recherche_S892, Institut de Recherche Thérapeutique de l Université de Nantes, Nantes, France
Blood 118:3901-10. 2011....
- CD20 is associated with a small mature plasma cell morphology and t(11;14) in multiple myelomaNelly Robillard
, Institute of Biology, Nantes, France
Blood 102:1070-1. 2003..0001). In conclusion, CD20 expression is associated with small mature plasma cell morphology and with t(11;14) in patients with MM...