Genomes and Genes
CHU de Bordeaux
Organization: CHU de Bordeaux
- Transient elastography for the diagnosis of liver fibrosisVictor de Ledinghen
Centre d Investigation de la Fibrose hépatique, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Expert Rev Med Devices 7:811-23. 2010..FibroScan evaluates liver stiffness, which is related to fibrosis, but also inflammation and portal hypertension. Therefore, FibroScan values have to be interpreted according to clinical, biological and morphological data...
- [Managing comorbidities in hepatology: toward a more holistic medicine]Patrice Couzigou
Service Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital du Haut leveque, F 33604 PESSAC, France
Presse Med 37:1274-80. 2008..In this more holistic approach, the physician treats a person with liver disease, rather than just a diseased liver...
- A single-institution prospective study of laparoscopic pancreatic resectionAntonio Sa Cunha
Department of Digestive Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, Pessac 33604, France
Arch Surg 143:289-95; discussion 295. 2008..Laparoscopic pancreatic resection can safely duplicate all of the open pancreatic procedures...
- Non-invasive evaluation of liver fibrosis using transient elastographyLaurent Castera
Departments of Hepatology, Hospital Saint André and Haut Lévêque, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Avenue Magellan, Pessac, France
J Hepatol 48:835-47. 2008..Guidelines are needed for the use of TE in clinical practice...
- Tickborne encephalitis, southwestern FranceBruno Herpe
Division of Medical Intensive Care, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1114-6. 2007..The patient was a farmer who had severe encephalomyelitis. ELISA and neutralization assay of serum and cerebrospinal fluid established the diagnosis. This potential new endemic focus for TBE virus should be further investigated...
- Lymph nodes after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal carcinoma: number, status, and impact on survivalAnne Rullier
Department of Pathology, CHU Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:45-50. 2008....
- Prediction of cytomegalovirus (CMV) plasma load from evaluation of CMV whole-blood load in samples from renal transplant recipientsIsabelle Garrigue
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:493-8. 2008..WB seems to be an appropriate candidate for routine CMV monitoring of transplant recipients by using a single assay...
- [Prevention of human papillomavirus (HPV)-induced infections: access of adolescent girls to health care. A population-based, cross-sectional observational study]Denis Malvy
Service de médecine interne et des maladies tropicales, Hôpital Saint André Centre hospitalier universitaire, F 33075 Bordeaux, France
Presse Med 37:21-9. 2008..It is the principal risk factor for cervical cancer. Systematic vaccination of adolescent girls should significantly reduce the incidence of this disease and its related mortality...
- Kinematic and electromyographic analysis of rising from a chair during a "Sit-to-Walk" task in elderly subjects: role of strengthP Dehail
Departement de Geriatrie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 22:1096-103. 2007....
- [Cognitive disorders in multiple sclerosis]B Brochet
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 163:697-702. 2007..Compensatory mechanisms may occur at early stages but they are limited by extension of brain injury...
- New predictive equations improve monitoring of kidney function in patients with diabetesMarie Christine Beauvieux
Biochemistry Laboratory, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Diabetes Care 30:1988-94. 2007....
- A review of telmisartan in the treatment of hypertension: blood pressure control in the early morning hoursPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension art6éielle, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:195-201. 2006..This supposition is being tested in the ONgoing Telmisartan Alone and in combination with Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial (ONTARGET) programme...
- Intacs for the correction of keratoconus: two-year follow-upJoseph Colin
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:69-74. 2007..for the treatment of keratoconus in terms of intraoperative and postoperative complications, visual outcome, restoration of contact lens tolerance, and inhibition of disease progression...
- [Nutritional problems in elderly, diagnosis and treatment management]Isabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU de Bordeaux, , , 33000 Bordeaux
Rev Prat 58:673-8; quiz 685. 2008
- [Handicap lesions: recent contributions of imaging and neuropathology]B Brochet
Service de Neurologie, CHU, , , Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:F131-7. 2008
- UL40 human cytomegalovirus variability evolution patterns over time in renal transplant recipientsIsabelle Garrigue
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968 and IFR66, F 33 076 Bordeaux, France
Transplantation 86:826-35. 2008..One of HCMV immunomodulatory genes, UL40, confers HCMV-infected cells' protection from natural killer-mediated lysis through its encoded nonapeptide presented in the context of human leukocyte antigen-E...
- [MRI and the thorax]M Lederlin
Service d imagerie thoracique et cardiovasculaire, Hopital Cardiologique, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33600 Pessac, France
Rev Mal Respir 27:395-402. 2010..MRI is a non-ionizing imaging technique, which can be repeated for the follow-up of aortic diseases such as dissections or aneurysms. Clinicians should be aware of the contraindications to MRI and the adverse effects of gadolinium...
- Salvage treatment for venous aneurysm complicating vascular access arteriovenous fistula: use of an exoprosthesis to reinforce the vein after aneurysmorrhaphyX Berard
Department of Vascular Surgery, Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:100-6. 2010..We report a new salvage technique for treating venous aneurysms (VAs) complicating vascular access arteriovenous fistula (AVF) using externally reinforced venous aneurysmorrhaphy...
- Large kidneys predict poor renal outcome in subjects with diabetes and chronic kidney diseaseVincent Rigalleau
Nutrition Diabétologie, Centre Hospitalier de Bordeaux and Université de Bordeaux 2 Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 33000, France
BMC Nephrol 11:3. 2010..Renal hypertrophy occurs early in diabetic nephropathy, its later value is unknown. Do large kidneys still predict poor outcome in patients with diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)?..
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a new criterion for selection of candidate patients for surgery of low tumour burden metastases from malignant melanoma?T Jouary
Skin Cancer Unit, Department of Dermatology, Saint André s Hospital, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
Br J Dermatol 163:183-7. 2010..Existing criteria for selection of candidate patients for this surgery do not seem sufficient to avoid useless excisions...
- Malignancy of congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation of lung in agedVincent Benouaich
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, Bordeaux University Hospital, 33604 Pessac, France
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 17:634-6. 2009..Rigorous preoperative staging must be undertaken. Anatomic resection with extensive lymphadenectomy remains the treatment of choice...
- The nigrostriatal pathway in Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseAnne Vital
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Bordeaux Institute of Neuroscience, Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68:809-15. 2009..These findings suggest a possible pathophysiological overlap of abnormal protein aggregation in CJD and Parkinson disease...
- Quantitation of HIV-1 RNA in dried blood and plasma spotsS Reigadas
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU de Bordeaux, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, France
J Virol Methods 161:177-80. 2009....
- [Peripheral occlusive arterial disease in the young patient]Joel Constans
Service de médecine vasculaire et médecine interne, Hôpital Saint André, F 33075 Bordeaux, France
Presse Med 39:11-6. 2010..Results from an ongoing multicenter study should be soon available and give more knowledge about these special peripheral arterial diseases...
- Median effective infusion dose (ED50) of alfentanil for monitored anesthesia care of percutaneous vertebroplasty of osteoporotic fracturesMusa Sesay
Department of Anesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 21:165-9. 2009..05 (95% confidence interval, 1.0-1.2) mg/h when infusion is started 30 minutes before the procedure. Given the median body weight of our study population (65 kg), this dose corresponds to 0.27 microg kg/min...
- Bronchial morphometry in smokers: comparison with healthy subjects by using 3D CTMichel Montaudon
CHU de Bordeaux, Unité d imagerie thoracique, Pessac, France
Eur Radiol 19:1328-34. 2009..These differences occurred downward starting at the fourth bronchial generation. 3D quantitative CT method is able to demonstrate significant changes in bronchial morphometry related to tobacco consumption...
- Case study of the month. Complete histologic remission after sunitinib neoadjuvant therapy in T3b renal cell carcinomaGregoire Robert
Bordeaux University Hospital, Department of Urology, Bordeaux, France
Eur Urol 55:1477-80. 2009..A significant objective response was observed for tumour size and thrombus. The patient finally accepted surgical treatment. Pathologic examination concluded with a complete response of primary tumour and thrombus...
- Audibility of anaesthesia alarms during magnetic resonance imaging: should we be alarmed?Musa Sesay
Department of Anaesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 26:117-22. 2009..The objectives of this study were to provide subjective and objective evaluations of anaesthesia alarm audibility during MRI and to review the literature to determine whether or not to worry about our results...
- An orthosis and physiotherapy programme for camptocormia: a prospective case studyMathieu Panchoa de Sèze
Service de médecine physique et réadaptation, Hopital Pellegrin, FR 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Rehabil Med 40:761-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness and tolerance of a new orthosis combined with physiotherapy for treating camptocormia...
- Phrenic nerve injury after atrial fibrillation catheter ablation: characterization and outcome in a multicenter studyFrederic Sacher
Hopital Cardiologique du Haut Leveque, Universite Bordeaux II, Bordeaux Pessac, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2498-503. 2006..The purpose of this study was to characterize the occurrence of phrenic nerve injury (PNI) and its outcome after radiofrequency (RF) ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Early macrophage MRI of inflammatory lesions predicts lesion severity and disease development in relapsing EAEB Brochet
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, EA2966 Neurobiologie des affections de la myéline, BP 78, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neuroimage 32:266-74. 2006..This new MRI application of in vivo monitoring of macrophage infiltration provides a new platform to investigate the severity of inflammatory demyelinating CNS diseases...
- [Laparoscopic pancreatectomy: report of 22 cases]B Masson
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Endocrinienne, Centre de Chirurgie Laparoscopique, Hopital du Haut leveque, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Chir 128:452-6. 2003..To evaluate results of laparoscopic pancreatectomy for benign lesions of the pancreas. Peri-operative data, surgical outcomes and techniques are presented...
- Efficacy of desensitization via the sublingual route in mite allergyStephane Guez
Unité des Maladies Allergiques, Hopital Pellegrin Tripode, Bordeaux, France
Chem Immunol Allergy 82:62-76. 2003....
- Hepatitis C virus genetic variability in 52 human immunodeficiency virus-coinfected patientsDidier Neau
Virology Laboratory, University of Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
J Med Virol 71:41-8. 2003..In conclusion, in HIV-infected patients, HCV variability had no significant influence on virological response to anti-HCV treatment...
- Helicobacter pylori resistance to antibiotics: prevalence, mechanism, detection. What's new?Francis Megraud
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Can J Gastroenterol 17:49B-52B. 2003....
- [Measurement of esophageal impedance in gastro-esophageal reflux disease: results and perspectives]Frank Zerbib
, , Bordeaux
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:451-4. 2003
- [Training for adult subclavian venous catheterization: use of real-time echography]F Forestier
Département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale II, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:698-702. 2002..To assess the training in adult subclavian venous catheterization of an inexperienced operator, with two different procedures: ultrasound guidance vs anatomic landmark technique...
- [Comprehensive geriatric assessment: a useful tool for prevention of acute situations in the elderly]Muriel Rainfray
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:397-402. 2002..By introducing adequate medical and social interventions, comprehensive geriatric assessment, even in very old people, is useful in preventing acute situations leading to emergency referrals...
- [Is length of stay in the recovery room a risk factor for cross infections?]A M Rogues
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, groupe Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:643-7. 2002..To assess cross contamination for patients at the time of their stay in the recovery room (RR)...
- Oral anti diabetic polychemotherapy in type 2 diabetes mellitusH Gin
Service de Nutrition, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, Pessac, France
Diabetes Metab 28:350-3. 2002..Moreover, if nowadays we can imagine a tritherapy proposition, progress in chemistry research will conduct to a quadri- and penta-therapy with expected difficulties in therapeutic compliance of the patient...
- Efficacy of very low dose perindopril 2 mg/indapamide 0.625 mg combination on left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients: the P.I.C.X.E.L. study rationale and designP Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hop Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 16:653-9. 2002....
- Comparison of capillary electrophoresis sequencing with the new CEQ 2000 DNA Analysis System to conventional gel based systems for HIV drug resistance analysisP Merel
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional et Université Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
J Virol Methods 98:9-16. 2001..The CEQ 2000 sequencer offers a reliable alternative for fast and cost effective HIV drug resistance analysis...
- [Current methods for diagnosing renal artery stenosis]N Grenier
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Rev Med Interne 22:549-59. 2001..Probably in the future, MR will gain a major place, providing, in the same imaging session, morphologic and functional data...
- [Physicopathologic mechanisms and methods of analysis of cellular apoptosis]P Mercie
Laboratoire d Hematologie, équipe d accueil 482, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Rev Med Interne 22:90-6. 2001..A better understanding of the mechanisms of apoptosis and tissue specificity of the caspases make it possible to consider in the future the development of synthetic inhibitors as serious candidates for a therapeutic intervention...
- [Importance of thrombocytopenia for the management of HELLP syndrome: a report of 104 cases]E Roussillon
Service de Gynécologie et d Obstétrique B, CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:541-8. 2003..To evaluate the importance of thrombocytopenia in the management of HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelet count)...
- [Two cases of neurocysticercosis mimicking brain tumor]Sandrine Bouillot
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pellegrin, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex
Ann Pathol 23:355-7. 2003..Then, for both patients, a history of migration from endemic area was demonstrated later. These cases highlight the necessary pathological examination when neurocysticercosis mimics a brain tumor...
- [Sleep apnea and cardiac pacing: mechanisms of action and perspectives]S Garrigue
Hopital Cardiologique du Haut Leveque, 19, Avenue de Magellan, 33600 Bordeaux Pessac, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:239-45. 2003..It is therefore possible that cardiac stimulation will become part of the treatment of sleep apnea in patients with documented bradycardia and/or heart failure...
- [Reservoirs and transmission of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in intensive care unit]A Lasheras
Service d Hygiène Hospitalière, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:99-104. 2006..The authors had for aim to study reservoirs and transmission of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intensive care unit...
- [Woolly adolescent moan and neurological disorders]J M Pedespan
, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Bordeaux, France, France
Arch Pediatr 12:808-10. 2005
- Lysyl oxidase deficiency: a new cause of human arterial dissectionI Sibon
CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Heart 91:e33. 2005..Both approaches found a dramatic LOX decrease. LOX deficiency has a major role in human arterial wall organisation during development. The suspected mechanism is an elastin or collagen polymer cross linking deficiency...
- Effects of subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation and levodopa on energy production rate and substrate oxidation in Parkinson's diseaseCaroline Perlemoine
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Br J Nutr 93:191-8. 2005..As levodopa decreases glucose oxidation, the reduction in daily dose of levodopa in STN-DBS-treated patients helps prevent the effect of weight gain on glycaemia...
- French experience of silicone tracheobronchial stenting in childrenMichael Fayon
Departement de Pediatrie, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Bordeaux, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 39:21-7. 2005..The present study shows the feasibility of silicone stent placement in infants. These stents should be considered as a possible therapeutic option in certain types of childhood airway disorders, although further studies are required...
- Serial echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular mass: how blinded should readers be?Philippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, groupe hospitalier Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 22:1813-8. 2004..A priori, this method of reading has the potential of decreasing measurement variability...
- [Imaging of the lower limb veins: when and how?]N Grenier
Service de Radiologie, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex
J Radiol 85:886-98. 2004..In patients with suspected pulmonary embolus, evaluation of the lower extremity veins is mandatory and frequently performed with CT immediately following CT pulmonary angiography. However, this examination has not been validated yet...
- [Follicular mucinosis]M Beylot-Barry
Service de Dermatologie, CHU de Bordeaux, , Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 131:508-12. 2004
- One-year incidence of hyperosmolar states and prognosis in a geriatric acute care unitIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Département de Gériatrie Henri Choussat, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Gerontology 50:171-6. 2004..Hyperosmolar syndromes are associated with high mortality rates, yet little is known about their incidence and their prognosis...
- [Imaging of acute urinary obstruction: non-enhanced CT or KUB and US]N Grenier
Service de Radiologie B, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex
J Radiol 85:186-94. 2004..This review will present the different features of the disease according to each technique, emphasising on respective performances, advantages and disadvantages. Finally, a strategy will be proposed based on clinical presentation...
- Antiplatelet drug discontinuation is a risk factor for ischemic strokeIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 62:1187-9. 2004..0001). This temporal pattern has biologic plausibility because the inhibited platelets circulate in the blood for about 10 days...
- [Contrast echocardiography: from experimental validation into practice]S Lafitte
Service des Echocardiographies, Hopital Cardiologique Haut Leveque, Avenue de Magellan, 33600 Pessac
J Radiol 84:2069-75. 2003....
- Subcutaneous interleukin-2, interferon alpha-2b and 5-fluorouracil in metastatic renal cell carcinoma as second-line treatment after failure of previous immunotherapy: a phase II trialA Ravaud
Department of Medicine, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Br J Cancer 89:2213-8. 2003....
- Review article: have we found the source of Helicobacter pylori?F Megraud
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:7-12. 2000..pylori in vomitus and in faeces in the event of diarrhoea...