Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- [Abstinence in alcohol-dependence: critical and updated approach of the 2001 national guidelines]Benjamin Rolland
CHU Lille, Service d Addictologie, 59037 Lille, France
Presse Med 42:19-25. 2013..Better knowledge about these subgroups of patients could allow the diversifying and personalising of care schemes, including in some cases temporary abstinence or controlled-drinking patterns...
- A case of de novo seizures following a probable interaction of high-dose baclofen with alcoholBenjamin Rolland
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Hopital Calmette, Av du Pr Leclercq, F 59037 Lille, France
Alcohol Alcohol 47:577-80. 2012..Although baclofen is considered to be quite safe at low doses, the possible interactions between HDB and alcohol have not been precisely studied...
- Pharmaceutical approaches of binge drinkingBenjamin Rolland
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
Curr Pharm Des 17:1333-42. 2011..Furthermore, these schemes also mention harm-reductive neuroprotective and hepatoprotective strategies, which could be included in the arsenal of possible medications for BD in the near future...
- Shared vulnerability between seizures and psychosis in cocaine addiction?Benjamin Rolland
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Epilepsy Behav 22:596-8. 2011....
- [A system of prescriptions without drug approval: example of baclofen]Benjamin Rolland
Service d Addictologie, Universite Lille Nord de France, CHRU, Lille, France
Therapie 65:511-8. 2010..If this proves to be successful with baclofen, it is possible to extend the use of CAMTEA to other drugs without AMM approval in addictologic pathologies...
- Early relapse in alcohol dependence may result from late withdrawal symptomsNicolas Simioni
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Med Hypotheses 79:894-5. 2012..Thus, we hypothesize that early relapses are more the consequence of late symptoms of PD than AA. From this standpoint, we propose that prolonged treatment with benzodiazepines may reduce the first-month relapse rate...
- Catatonia and alcohol withdrawal: a complex and underestimated syndromePierre Alexis Geoffroy
Univ Lille Nord de France, France
Alcohol Alcohol 47:288-90. 2012..We think that this co-occurrence could be underestimated in clinics because alcohol withdrawal symptoms may distract from its identification...
- Are gait initiation parameters early markers of Huntington's disease in pre-manifest mutation carriers?Arnaud Delval
Department of Neurology, Regional University Hospital, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gait Posture 34:202-7. 2011..However, two such parameters (stride-to-stride variability and first step duration under ST conditions) already appear to be sufficiently reliable diagnostic tools for differentiating between PMCs and HCs...
- Therapeutic prospects of PPARs in psychiatric disorders: a comprehensive reviewBenjamin Rolland
Department of Pharmacology, EA 1046, Univ Lille Nord de France, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Curr Drug Targets 14:724-32. 2013..At the time of the emerging concept of psychoneuroimmunology, PPARs open original therapeutic prospects for the psychiatric research...
- [Clinical alcohology]Olivier Cottencin
UDSL, EA4559, 59000 Lille, France
Presse Med 41:1248-58. 2012..It combines hydration, benzodiazepines and thiamine. Strategies against alcoholism relapse use better evaluated psychotherapies (as behavioral and cognitive therapies) and the development of new pharmacological treatments...
- Aripiprazole for treating cannabis-induced psychotic symptoms in ultrahigh-risk individualsBenjamin Rolland
PRES Nord de France and Department of Psychiatry, Paediatric Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:98-9. 2013..Treating CIPSs in ultrahigh risk individuals who cannot stop or refuse stopping cannabis might fit a harm-reduction strategy by preventing transition into psychosis...
- GABAergic and glutamatergic modulation in binge eating: therapeutic approachDewi Guardia
Service d Addictologie CHRU de Lille Hôpital Calmette, Bd du Pr Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Curr Pharm Des 17:1396-409. 2011..Limitations of these studies are discussed. In view of these data, first- and second-line pharmacological interventions are proposed...
- The PPARα Agonist Fenofibrate Reduces Prepulse Inhibition Disruption in a Neurodevelopmental Model of SchizophreniaBenjamin Rolland
Département de Pharmacologie médicale, EA 1046, Universite Lille Nord de France, 1 place de Verdun, 59000 Lille, France
Schizophr Res Treatment 2012:839853. 2012..We notably found a significant difference (P < 0.05) in PPIm between groups KN and KF at PND56, which supposes that fenofibrate could be worthy of interest for early neuroprotection in schizophrenia...