Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Aripiprazole for treating cannabis-induced psychotic symptoms in ultrahigh-risk individualsBenjamin Rolland
PRES Nord de France and Department of Psychiatry, Paediatric Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:98-9. 2013..Treating CIPSs in ultrahigh risk individuals who cannot stop or refuse stopping cannabis might fit a harm-reduction strategy by preventing transition into psychosis...
- [Abstinence in alcohol-dependence: critical and updated approach of the 2001 national guidelines]Benjamin Rolland
CHU Lille, Service d Addictologie, 59037 Lille, France
Presse Med 42:19-25. 2013..Better knowledge about these subgroups of patients could allow the diversifying and personalising of care schemes, including in some cases temporary abstinence or controlled-drinking patterns...
- A case of de novo seizures following a probable interaction of high-dose baclofen with alcoholBenjamin Rolland
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Hopital Calmette, Av du Pr Leclercq, F 59037 Lille, France
Alcohol Alcohol 47:577-80. 2012..Although baclofen is considered to be quite safe at low doses, the possible interactions between HDB and alcohol have not been precisely studied...
- Pharmaceutical approaches of binge drinkingBenjamin Rolland
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
Curr Pharm Des 17:1333-42. 2011..Furthermore, these schemes also mention harm-reductive neuroprotective and hepatoprotective strategies, which could be included in the arsenal of possible medications for BD in the near future...
- Shared vulnerability between seizures and psychosis in cocaine addiction?Benjamin Rolland
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Epilepsy Behav 22:596-8. 2011....
- [A system of prescriptions without drug approval: example of baclofen]Benjamin Rolland
Service d Addictologie, Universite Lille Nord de France, CHRU, Lille, France
Therapie 65:511-8. 2010..If this proves to be successful with baclofen, it is possible to extend the use of CAMTEA to other drugs without AMM approval in addictologic pathologies...
- Early relapse in alcohol dependence may result from late withdrawal symptomsNicolas Simioni
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Med Hypotheses 79:894-5. 2012..Thus, we hypothesize that early relapses are more the consequence of late symptoms of PD than AA. From this standpoint, we propose that prolonged treatment with benzodiazepines may reduce the first-month relapse rate...
- Catatonia and alcohol withdrawal: a complex and underestimated syndromePierre Alexis Geoffroy
Univ Lille Nord de France, France
Alcohol Alcohol 47:288-90. 2012..We think that this co-occurrence could be underestimated in clinics because alcohol withdrawal symptoms may distract from its identification...
- Are gait initiation parameters early markers of Huntington's disease in pre-manifest mutation carriers?Arnaud Delval
Department of Neurology, Regional University Hospital, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gait Posture 34:202-7. 2011..However, two such parameters (stride-to-stride variability and first step duration under ST conditions) already appear to be sufficiently reliable diagnostic tools for differentiating between PMCs and HCs...
- Assessing alcohol versus baclofen withdrawal syndrome in patients treated with baclofen for alcohol use disorderBenjamin Rolland
From the PRES Nord de France, Univ Lille Nord de France and Departmentsof Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, Pharmacology and Pharmacovigilance, and Resuscitation Care, CHU Lille, Lille, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 34:153-6. 2014..Moreover, further research should investigate to what extent GABA-A and GABA-B induce shared or distinct neuroadaptation processes and withdrawal syndromes. ..
- Therapeutic prospects of PPARs in psychiatric disorders: a comprehensive reviewBenjamin Rolland
Department of Pharmacology, EA 1046, Univ Lille Nord de France, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Curr Drug Targets 14:724-32. 2013..At the time of the emerging concept of psychoneuroimmunology, PPARs open original therapeutic prospects for the psychiatric research...
- [Clinical alcohology]Olivier Cottencin
UDSL, EA4559, 59000 Lille, France
Presse Med 41:1248-58. 2012..It combines hydration, benzodiazepines and thiamine. Strategies against alcoholism relapse use better evaluated psychotherapies (as behavioral and cognitive therapies) and the development of new pharmacological treatments...
- The PPARα Agonist Fenofibrate Reduces Prepulse Inhibition Disruption in a Neurodevelopmental Model of SchizophreniaBenjamin Rolland
Département de Pharmacologie médicale, EA 1046, Universite Lille Nord de France, 1 place de Verdun, 59000 Lille, France
Schizophr Res Treatment 2012:839853. 2012..We notably found a significant difference (P < 0.05) in PPIm between groups KN and KF at PND56, which supposes that fenofibrate could be worthy of interest for early neuroprotection in schizophrenia...
- GABAergic and glutamatergic modulation in binge eating: therapeutic approachDewi Guardia
Service d Addictologie CHRU de Lille Hôpital Calmette, Bd du Pr Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Curr Pharm Des 17:1396-409. 2011..Limitations of these studies are discussed. In view of these data, first- and second-line pharmacological interventions are proposed...