Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Enteroviral pathogenesis of type 1 diabetesDidier Hober
Laboratory of Virology EA3610, University Lille 2, Faculty of Medecine, CHRU Lille Institut Hippocrate, Loos Lez Lille, 59120, France
Discov Med 10:151-60. 2010..In this review, arguments in favor of a relationship between enterovirus infections and T1D and the mechanisms of the enteroviral pathogenesis of the disease are presented...
- Immunology in the clinic review series; focus on type 1 diabetes and viruses: role of antibodies enhancing the infection with Coxsackievirus-B in the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetesD Hober
Universite Lille 2, CHRU Laboratoire de virologie EA3610, Institut Hippocrate CHRU, 152 Rue du Dr Yersin, Loos Lez Lille, France
Clin Exp Immunol 168:47-51. 2012..Whether enhancing antibodies raised against VP4 can play a role in iterative homologous and/or heterologous CV-B infections and in the persistence of viruses within the host deserves further study...
- Enteroviral pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes: queries and answersDidier Hober
Universite Lille 2, CHRU, Laboratoire de Virologie EA3610, Lille, France Didier Hober and Enagnon K Alidjinou contributed equally to the writing of this article
Curr Opin Infect Dis 26:263-9. 2013..Epidemiological and experimental data strongly suggest a role for enteroviruses in the development of T1D, but a lot of controversies and unanswered questions remained. This review focuses on issues that are fueling debate...
- Enteroviruses and type 1 diabetes: towards a better understanding of the relationshipHela Jaïdane
Laboratoire de Virologie EA3610 Pathogenèse Virale du Diabète de Type 1, Faculte de Medecine, Université de Lille Nord de France, CHRU Lille, Centre de Biologie et Pathologie et Parc Eurasanté, Lille Cedex, France
Rev Med Virol 20:265-80. 2010..All of the plausible mechanisms by which enterovirus may be related to T1D will be reviewed here...
- A part of the VP4 capsid protein exhibited by coxsackievirus B4 E2 is the target of antibodies contained in plasma from patients with type 1 diabetesPierre Sauter
Laboratoire de virologie UPRES EA3610, Faculté de Médecine Université Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
J Med Virol 80:866-78. 2008....
- Infection of primary cultures of murine splenic and thymic cells with coxsackievirus B4Hela Jaïdane
Virology Laboratory UPRES EA3610, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lille 2, Bâtiment Paul Boulanger, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Microbiol Immunol 52:40-6. 2008..Together these results suggest that infection of splenic and thymic cells can play a role in virus dissemination, and therefore in the pathophysiology of CVB4 infections...
- Prolonged viral RNA detection in the central nervous system of one-week-old Swiss albino mice following coxsackievirus B4 and echovirus 9 infectionRaïda El Hiar
Laboratoire de Virologie EA3610, Universite Lille 2, Faculte de Medecine, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Intervirology 55:435-41. 2012..The mechanisms of virus spreading in the CNS are poorly understood. In the present study, we investigated CV-B4 and E-9 spreading and neurotropism within intraperitoneally inoculated one-week-old Swiss albino mice...
- Specificity of the coxsackievirus B4 VP4 capsid protein investigated in silicoAnne Goffard
College of Pharmacy, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille Cedex, France
Discov Med 12:153-8. 2011..3% and 9.9%, respectively). In conclusion, the bioinformatic analysis suggests that the region 16-24 of the VP4 capsid protein is the feature of the specificity of the target of infection-enhancing antibodies directed towards CV-B...
- Detection of enterovirus RNA in postoperative thyroid tissue specimensRachel Desailloud
Laboratoire de Virologie UPRES EA3610 Faculté de Médecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:331-4. 2009..A genetic predisposition and environmental factors such as viruses are thought to contribute to the development of autoimmune thyroiditis. Enteroviruses, which are involved in other autoimmune diseases, are attractive candidates...
- Circulating and cell-bound antibodies increase coxsackievirus B4-induced production of IFN-alpha by peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with type 1 diabetesDidier Hober
Laboratory of Virology, UPRES EA Viral Pathogenesis of Diabetes Type 1, University Hospital, and University Lille 2, 59037 Lille, France
J Gen Virol 83:2169-76. 2002..These studies demonstrate that CVB4, through interactions with circulating and/or cell-bound IgGs, can strongly induce the production of IFN-alpha by PBMCs from patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Persistent infection of thymic epithelial cells with coxsackievirus B4 results in decreased expression of type 2 insulin-like growth factorHela Jaïdane
Universite Lille 2, Faculte de Medecine, CHRU, Laboratoire de Virologie EA3610, Loos Lez Lille, France
J Virol 86:11151-62. 2012..Thus, a persistent infection of a thymic epithelial cell line with enteroviruses like CV-B4 E2 can result in a disturbed production of IGF-2, a protein involved in central self-tolerance toward islet β cells...
- Role of the capsid protein VP4 in the plasma-dependent enhancement of the Coxsackievirus B4E2-infection of human peripheral blood cellsPierre Sauter
Service de Virologie UPRES EA3610, Faculté de Médecine Université Lille 2, Bâtiment Paul Boulanger, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Virus Res 125:183-90. 2007..Together our results show that VP4 and anti-VP4 antibodies play a role in the plasma-dependent enhancement of CVB4E2 infection of PBMC...
- Pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes mellitus: interplay between enterovirus and hostDidier Hober
Laboratoire de Virologie EA3610 Pathogenèse Virale du Diabète de Type 1, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Centre de Biologie et Pathologie et Institut Hippocrate Parc Eurasanté, Boulevard du Prof J Leclercq, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Nat Rev Endocrinol 6:279-89. 2010..An increased activity of the IFIH1 protein may promote the development of T1DM. An improved knowledge of the pathogenic mechanisms of enterovirus infections should help to uncover preventive strategies for T1DM...
- Mechanisms and results of the antibody-dependent enhancement of viral infections and role in the pathogenesis of coxsackievirus B-induced diseasesPierre Sauter
Laboratoire de virologie UPRES EA3610, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU de Lille, Centre de Biologie et Parc Eurasanté, Lille 59037, France
Microbes Infect 11:443-51. 2009..The ADE of coxsackievirus B infection can also be implied in the pathogenesis of diseases like chronic dilated cardiomyopathy or insulin-dependent type 1 diabetes...
- Inactivation of an enterovirus by airborne disinfectantsThomas Thevenin
Laboratory of Virology EA3610, University Lille 2, Faculty of Medecine, CHRU Lille, Institut Hippocrate, 152 Rue du Dr Yersin, Loos Lez Lille, 59120, France
BMC Infect Dis 13:177. 2013..The activity of airborne disinfectants on bacteria, fungi and spores has been reported. However, the issue of the virucidal effect of disinfectants spread by fogging has not been studied thoroughly...
- Inactivation of coxsackievirus B4, feline calicivirus and herpes simplex virus type 1: unexpected virucidal effect of a disinfectant on a non-enveloped virus applied onto a surfaceThomas Thevenin
University Lille 2, Faculty of Medicine, CHRU Lille Laboratory of Virology EA3610, Lille, France
Intervirology 56:224-30. 2013..To evaluate the effect of a disinfectant onto viruses in suspension on the one hand and applied onto a surface on the other...
- (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate is a new inhibitor of hepatitis C virus entryNoémie Calland
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille CIIL, Lille, France
Hepatology 55:720-9. 2012..Finally, by successive inoculation of naïve cells with supernatant of HCV-infected cells in the presence of EGCG, we observed that EGCG leads to undetectable levels of infection after four passages...
- Group B coxsackieviruses and autoimmunity: focus on Type 1 diabetesFamara Sane
Laboratory of Virology EA3610, University Lille 2, Faculty of Medecine, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 7:357-66. 2011..The role of CVB in autoimmunity is complex, and therefore a better understanding of the inducer versus protective effects of these viruses in T1D will help to design new strategies to treat and prevent the disease...
- Persistent infection of a carcinoma thyroid cell line with coxsackievirus BRachel Desailloud
Laboratoire de Virologie UPRES EA3610 Faculté de Médecine, Centre de Biologie Pathologie et Parc Eurasanté, Universite Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Thyroid 19:369-74. 2009..Recently, we found that EV RNA could be detected in postoperative thyroid specimens. We decided to investigate the infection of a human thyroid cell line with coxsackievirus B4 (CVB4)...
- Viruses and thyroiditis: an updateRachel Desailloud
Laboratoire de Virologie UPRES EA3610 Faculté de Médecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Centre de Biologie Pathologie et Parc Eurasanté, 59037 Lille, France
Virol J 6:5. 2009..Further studies are needed to clarify the relationship between viruses and thyroid diseases, in order to develop new strategies for prevention and/or treatment...
- Prolonged viral RNA detection in blood and lymphoid tissues from coxsackievirus B4 E2 orally-inoculated Swiss miceHela Jaïdane
Service de Virologie UPRES EA3610, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, Bâtiment Paul Boulanger, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Microbiol Immunol 50:971-4. 2006..i. and further in other organ tissues...