- Family structure, parent-child relationships, and alcohol and other drug use among teenagers in France and the United KingdomSylvie Ledoux
INSERM, Unit 472, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94 807 Villejuif, France
Alcohol Alcohol 37:52-60. 2002..Differences in national drinking culture, urbanization and parental practices are discussed in an attempt to interpret some of these findings...
- Is alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis use as well as polydrug use increasing in France?Marie Choquet
National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, U 472, 12 avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Villejuif 94807, France
Addict Behav 29:607-14. 2004..0); (3) among girls; (4) among youngsters aged 15 and more. In summary, these patterns of increase were quite different from those we expected for France, a wet and masculine culture...
- [Sports practices and violent behaviors in 14-16 year-olds: analysis based on the ESPAD 99 survey data]Marie Choquet
Unité 472, INSERM, 16, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:S15-22. 2003....
- Are occupational factors and mental difficulty associated with occupational injury?Nearkasen Chau
INSERM, Unit 669, Paris, France
J Occup Environ Med 53:1452-9. 2011..To evaluate the associations between biomechanical, physical, and psychological demands and occupational injury according to depressive symptoms severity...
- Relationship of physical job demands to initiating smoking among working people: a population-based cross-sectional studyNearkasen Chau
INSERM, Paris, France
Ind Health 47:319-25. 2009..72 (1.95-7.11), 1.51 (0.96-2.39) and 1.47 (0.97-2.24), respectively. These associations were partly confounded by gender, income, obesity and job. Smoking related to job demands and their limitation should help preventing smoking...
- Has occasional cannabis use among adolescents also to be considered as a risk marker?Caroline Huas
INSERM, U669, Paris, France
Eur J Public Health 18:626-9. 2008..Little is known about the risk markers related to occasional or former use. This work aims to explore associations between well-being in life and different levels of cannabis use...
- Fatigue, insomnia and nervousness: gender disparities and roles of individual characteristics and lifestyle factors among economically active peoplePatrick Peretti-Watel
INSERM, UMR379, Marseille, France
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:703-9. 2009....
- Psychological distress in first year university students: socioeconomic and academic stressors, mastery and social support in young men and womenPierre Verger
Observatoire régional de la santé PACA Southeastern Regional Health Observatory, 13006 Marseille, France
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:643-50. 2009....
- Perceived parenting styles and tobacco, alcohol and cannabis use among French adolescents: gender and family structure differentialsMarie Choquet
Univ Paris Sud, U669, Le Kremlin Bicetre, F 94276, France
Alcohol Alcohol 43:73-80. 2008....
- School injury and gender differentials: a prospective cohort studyNearkasen Chau
INSERM, U669, Paris, 75014, France
Eur J Epidemiol 22:327-34. 2007..Preventive measures should be taken to make adolescents, their parents and teachers more aware of the risks and to find remedial measures...
- Associations of social and material deprivation with tobacco, alcohol, and psychotropic drug use, and gender: a population-based studyMichele Baumann
Ntegrative research unit on Social and Individual DEvelopment INSIDE, University of Luxembourg, Faculty LSHASE, Luxembourg
Int J Health Geogr 6:50. 2007..Greater knowledge concerning these issues may help public health policy-makers design more effective means of preventing substance abuse...
- [Sporting activities and psychoactive substance use. Data abstracted from the French part of the European School Survey on Alcohol and other Drugs (ESPAD 99)]Philippe Arvers
Centre de Recherches du Service de Santé des Armées CRSSA, BP 87, 38702 La Tronche Cedex
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:S25-34. 2003..Practical implications are: adjusting health policy concerning the beneficial effects of sporting activity, raising sports associations abilities and avoiding doping and addiction in high-level sporting activities...
- Culture as an explanation for substance-related problems: a cross-national study among French and Dutch adolescentsRonald Arnold Knibbe
University Maastricht, Health Care Sciences, Section Medical Sociology, Post Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, Limburg, The Netherlands
Soc Sci Med 64:604-16. 2007..The differences in rates of drug-related problems are interpreted in the context of national differences in drug policy...
- Do male and female adolescents differ in the effect of individual and family characteristics on their use of psychotropic drugs?Michele Baumann
Integrative Research Unit Individual and Social Development, Faculty LSHASE, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Eur J Pediatr 166:29-35. 2007..Preventive measures should be taken to make adolescents and their parents more aware of the risks and to improve their living conditions...
- Alcohol culture, family structure and adolescent alcohol use: multilevel modeling of frequency of heavy drinking among 15-16 year old students in 11 European countriesThoroddur Bjarnason
Department of Sociology, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12222, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:200-8. 2003..The analysis includes direct effects and moderating effects of societal-level indicators on individual-level associations between family structure and frequency of heavy alcohol use...