- [Targeted anti-cytokine therapies for osteoarthritis]Xavier Chevalier
Rhumatologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94101 Créteil
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1411-20; discussion 1420, 1475-7. 2006..Anti-TNF alpha therapy has also been tested in isolated cases of digital and knee osteoarthritis. Cytokine targeting in osteoarthritis is thus an appealing approach but one that needs to be validated in terms of the risk-benefit ratio...
- Intraarticular injection of anakinra in osteoarthritis of the knee: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyX Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital Henri Mondor, University Paris XII, Creteil, France
Arthritis Rheum 61:344-52. 2009..To evaluate the clinical response, safety, and tolerability of a single intraarticular injection of anakinra in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- Methodology for the assessment of treatments in hand osteoarthritisX Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, H pital Henri Mondor, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 8:S70-2. 2000..To perform a review of methods in clinical trials of hand OA and outline a set of guidelines...
- Safety study of intraarticular injection of interleukin 1 receptor antagonist in patients with painful knee osteoarthritis: a multicenter studyXavier Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital Henri Mondor, University Paris XII, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 32:1317-23. 2005..In animal models of OA, IL-1 blockade by IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) can slow the progression of disease. We examined the safety of intraarticular (IA) injections of recombinant human IL-1Ra in patients with knee OA...
- Questionnaire survey of management and prescription of general practitioners in knee osteoarthritis: a comparison with 2000 EULAR recommendationsX Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:205-12. 2004..Results of this questionnaire were compared with the 2000 EULAR recommendations on the treatment of knee OA...
- [Arthritis]Xavier Chevalier
Service de rhumatologie Centre hospitalier Henri Mondor 94010 Créteil
Rev Prat 53:665-73; quiz 673-4. 2003
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloprotease-1 (TIMP-1) serum level may predict progression of hip osteoarthritisX Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite de Paris XII, Creteil, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:300-7. 2001..To determine the predictive value of serum levels of TIMP-1 and hyaluronic acid in a 1 year prospective study in hip osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Single, intra-articular treatment with 6 ml hylan G-F 20 in patients with symptomatic primary osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomised, multicentre, double-blind, placebo controlled trialX Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, Henri Mondor Hospital, University Paris XII, Bd de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Ann Rheum Dis 69:113-9. 2010..The primary objective was to compare a single, 6 ml, intra-articular injection of hylan G-F 20 with placebo in patients with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis. The safety of a repeat injection of hylan G-F 20 was also assessed...
- Prospective, multi-centre, randomised evaluation of the safety and efficacy of five dosing regimens of viscosupplementation with hylan G-F 20 in patients with symptomatic tibio-femoral osteoarthritis: a pilot studyT Conrozier
Department of Rheumatology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:417-23. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess different dosing regimens of hylan G-F 20, a high molecular-weight cross-linked derivative of HA, in the treatment of pain due to knee OA...
- Immunohistological study of entheses in spondyloarthropathies: comparison in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisL Laloux
Department of Rheumatology, , , , France
Ann Rheum Dis 60:316-21. 2001..These results suggest that CD8+ cells may have a key role in local inflammation in SpAs...
- Intra-articular injections of hylan G-F 20 in patients with symptomatic hip osteoarthritis: an open-label, multicentre, pilot studyT Conrozier
Department of Rheumatology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:605-10. 2003..To obtain prospective data on feasibility and safety of intra-articular injections of hylan G-F20 in patients with symptomatic hip osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Patient knowledge of their disease: a French multicenter study in ankylosing spondylitisPascal Claudepierre
Department of Rheumatology, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, Creteil, France
Joint Bone Spine 71:550-6. 2004..To assess knowledge of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) by patients and to identify factors associated with knowledge...
- Reliability, validity, and sensitivity to change of the Cochin hand functional disability scale in hand osteoarthritisS Poiraudeau
The Réseau Rhumato Group, Paris, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:570-7. 2001..To assess the reliability, validity and sensitivity to change of the Cochin hand functional scale in hand osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Acute myeloid leukemia after infliximab: a case reportF Kemta Lekpa
Rheumatology Department, Henri Mondor Hospital, Paris XII University, Creteil, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 27:999-1000. 2009..The evidence of a causal link remains unclear. We report a case of 60-year-old male patient who developed acute myeloid leukemia during infliximab therapy for ankylo-sing spondylitis...
- Impaired redox status and cytochrome c oxidase deficiency in patients with polymyalgia rheumaticaP Chariot
Department of Pathology Neuromuscular Disorders, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94000 Creteil, France
Ann Rheum Dis 60:1016-20. 2001..To evaluate redox status and muscular mitochondrial abnormalities in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR)...
- Serum cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) level is a marker of disease activity in relapsing polychondritisF Kempta Lekpa
Department of Rheumatology, Henri Mondor Hospital, University Paris 12, Creteil, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:553-5. 2010..Until now, no reliable biomarker of disease activity in RP has been available. This study was designed to measure serum levels of cartilage biomarkers during both active and inactive phases of the disease...
- Intraarticular treatments for osteoarthritis: new perspectivesXavier Chevalier
Department of Rheumatology, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil, France
Curr Drug Targets 11:546-60. 2010..Most importantly, the treatment strategy must be selected according to the pattern in an individual patient. Finally, with all intra-articular treatments, the risk/benefit ratio must be carefully evaluated...
- Estimation of the Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Index cutoff for perceived symptom relief in patients with spondyloarthropathiesJean David Cohen
Department of Rheumatology, Clinical Research Unit, and Spondylis, Henri Mondor Teaching Hospital, APHP, Creteil, France
J Rheumatol 33:79-81. 2006....
- Poorly and well controlled spondyloarthropathies: a comparison of 2 groups of patientsOwonayo Oniankitan
Department of Rheumatology and Spondylis, Henri Mondor Teaching Hospital, Creteil, France
J Rheumatol 32:77-9. 2005....
- Iliac vein thrombosis complicating SAPHO syndrome: MRI and histologic features of soft tissue lesionsN Legoupil
Department of Rheumatology, H pital Henri Mondor, , France
Joint Bone Spine 68:79-83. 2001..Lumbar MRI demonstrated a large tissue mass anterior to the involved vertebras and surrounding the right iliac vein. Histology of the mass showed aseptic inflammation...
- [Wells' cellulitis and bacterial necrotizing cellulitis induced by anakinra]M Livory
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:839-42. 2008..It is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. The most frequent side effects are injection site reactions, which seem to have a toxic mechanism...
- Usefulness of taping in lower limb osteoarthritis. French clinical practice guidelinesPascal Richette
Rheumatology Federation, Viggo Petersen Center, AP HP, Paris VII University, Lariboisière Teaching Hospital, Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 75:475-8. 2008..To develop clinical practice guidelines about the use of taping in the management of lower limb osteoarthritis...
- [Evolution of the pharmacological management of osteoarthritis: the biologics]Xavier Chevalier
Hopital Henri Mondor, Service de Rhumatologie, 94010 Creteil, France
Presse Med 39:1164-71. 2010..Intra-articular administration of biologics is hampered by their short resident time into the joint. Gene therapy is one of the possible way to prolong the local intra-articular delivery of biologics...
- Clinical response to intra-articular injections of hylan G-F 20 in symptomatic hip osteoarthritis: the OMERACT-OARSI criteria applied to the results of a pilot studyThierry Conrozier
Department of Rheumatology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Joint Bone Spine 73:705-9. 2006..To assess, using the OMERACT-OARSI criteria, the clinical response of patients presenting with symptomatic hip osteoarthritis (OA) to one intra-articular injection of hylan G-F 20...
- Infliximab therapy for rheumatic diseases in patients with chronic hepatitis B or COwonayo Oniankitan
Department of Rheumatology, Henri Mondor Teaching Hospital, AP HP, Creteil, France
J Rheumatol 31:107-9. 2004..To describe the safety of tumor necrosis factor-a blockade in 2 patients with inflammatory rheumatic disease with chronic hepatitis B and C...
- Diagnostic value of 99mTc-HMDP bone scan in atypical osseous tuberculosis mimicking multiple secondary metastasesEva Evangelista
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Henri Mondor Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris XII University, Creteil, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:E85-7. 2004..A case of atypical osseous tuberculosis (TB) mimicking multiple secondary metastases on radiologic and nuclear imaging is presented...
- The infrapatellar fat pad in knee osteoarthritis: an important source of interleukin-6 and its soluble receptorEmilie Distel
INSERM UMR S 747, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 60:3374-7. 2009....
- Infliximab to etanercept switch in patients with spondyloarthropathies and psoriatic arthritis: preliminary dataCaroline Delaunay
Department of Rheumatology, Henri Mondor Teaching Hospital, Creteil, France
J Rheumatol 32:2183-5. 2005..To report early experience of switching anti-tumor necrosis factor-a (TNF-alpha) therapy from infliximab to etanercept in patients with spondyloarthropathy (SpA) and psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Effect of hyaluronic acid in symptomatic hip osteoarthritis: a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trialPascal Richette
Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 60:824-30. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of a single intraarticular (IA) injection of hyaluronic acid (HA) for the treatment of hip osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Premature enthusiasm for the use of methotrexate for refractory chondrocalcinosis: comment on the article by Chollet-Janin et alThi Huyen Tran Doan
Arthritis Rheum 58:2210-1. 2008
- Long-term experience with hylan GF-20 in the treatment of knee osteoarthritisThierry Conrozier
Service de Rhumatologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 165 Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:1797-804. 2008..Hylan GF-20 is a cross-linked hyaluronic acid derivative, FDA approved as a medical device since 1997 for the treatment of patients with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis...
- Biological markers for osteoarthritis: an updateXavier Chevalier
Joint Bone Spine 72:106-9. 2005
- Psoriasis induced by tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonist therapy: a case seriesJean David Cohen
General Hospital of Villeneuve, Saint George, France
J Rheumatol 34:380-5. 2007..To investigate anti-TNF-alpha induced psoriasis, we conducted a systematic analysis of the 6 cases we observed among our inflammatory patient cohort treated with anti-TNF-alpha (infliximab or etanercept)...
- Comparison of hylan and hyaluronic acid for knee osteoarthritis: comment on the article by Jüni et alXavier Chevalier
Arthritis Rheum 58:1560-1; author reply 1561-2. 2008
- Does structural worsening of osteoarthritis predict clinical worsening?Xavier Chevalier
Joint Bone Spine 69:430-3. 2002
- Is interleukin-1 a good target for therapeutic intervention in intervertebral disc degeneration: lessons from the osteoarthritic experiencePhilippe Goupille
Arthritis Res Ther 9:110. 2007..The clinical benefit of a local injection of IL-1ra in knee osteoarthritis may be limited by the antagonist's short half-life. Further studies with longer-lasting antagonists are needed to explore this new therapeutic approach...