- Major liver resection for carcinoma in jaundiced patients without preoperative biliary drainageD Cherqui
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
Arch Surg 135:302-8. 2000..Our patients with proximal duct carcinoma undergo noninvasive assessment followed by rapid laparotomy without PBD if the lesion is deemed resectable...
- [Biliary tract cancers]E Yahchouchi
Service de chirurgie digestive Hôpital Henri Mondor 51, avenue du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny 94010 Créteil
Rev Prat 50:2130-5. 2000..Surgical resection remains the only treatment that may allow long term survival. However, it is possible in only one third of patients...
- [Laparoscopic hepatic resection. Useful or futile?]D Cherqui
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Ann Chir 127:171-4. 2002
- Laparoscopic liver resectionD Cherqui
Department of Digestive Surgery, , , , France
Br J Surg 90:644-6. 2003
- Anatomical bi- and trisegmentectomies as alternatives to extensive liver resectionsElie Chouillard
Department of Digestive Surgery, , , , France
Ann Surg 238:29-34. 2003....
- Laparoscopic liver resections: a feasibility study in 30 patientsD Cherqui
Departments of General and Digestive Surgery and Anesthesiology, H opital Henri Mondor Université Paris XII, Creteil, France
Ann Surg 232:753-62. 2000..To assess the feasibility and safety of laparoscopic liver resections...
- [Laparoscopic hepatectomy]Daniel Cherqui
Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51, avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:1661-81; discussion 1681-2. 2007..The advantages are those of minimally invasive surgery, and simpler re-operation for further hepatectomy or transplantation...
- Laparoscopic liver resection for peripheral hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic liver disease: midterm results and perspectivesDaniel Cherqui
Department of Digestive Surgery, Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Unit, APHP, Hôpital Henri Mondor Université Paris 12, Creteil, France
Ann Surg 243:499-506. 2006..Report the midterm results of laparoscopic resection for hepatocellular in chronic liver disease (CLD)...
- [Left lobectomy by laparoscopy]D Cherqui
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, ,
J Chir (Paris) 139:25-8. 2002
- Laparoscopic living donor hepatectomy for liver transplantation in childrenDaniel Cherqui
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Hôpital Henri Mondor 94010, Creteil, France
Lancet 359:392-6. 2002..Because cadaveric organ donors are in short supply, living donors are increasingly being used in transplantations. We have developed a safe and reproducible method for laparoscopic liver resection...
- Combined first-stage hepatectomy and colorectal resection in a two-stage hepatectomy strategy for bilobar synchronous liver metastasesM Karoui
Department of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Henri Mondor University Hospital, Creteil, France
Br J Surg 97:1354-62. 2010..This study assessed the feasibility and outcomes of combined colorectal and hepatic resection as the first step of two-stage hepatectomy in patients with bilobar synchronous colorectal liver metastases...
- Chemotherapy of nonoperable colorectal liver metastasesP Piedbois
European Association for Research in Oncology AERO, Departments of Medical Oncology and of Digestive Surgery, Henri Mondor Hospital, Creteil, France
Hepatogastroenterology 48:711-4. 2001..These patients should be offered the best chemotherapy option available coupled, where appropriate, with liver resection...
- Laparoscopy as a routine approach for left lateral sectionectomyS Chang
Department of Digestive Surgery, Henri Mondor University Hospital, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Br J Surg 94:58-63. 2007..Since 1997, the authors have performed laparoscopic left lateral sectionectomy of lesions of the liver in preference to open surgery. The aim of this study was to assess the outcome...
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic mesh repair of incisional hernias with exclusive intracorporeal suturing: a pilot studyC Tayar
Department of Surgery, AP HP, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51, av du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010, Creteil Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 21:1786-9. 2007..The da Vinci robot laparoscopic incisional hernia repair with intracorporeal suturing may offer an alternative to transabdominal sutures and tackers...
- Increased incidence of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas after liver transplantation for alcoholic cirrhosisC Duvoux
Liver Transplant Unit, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
Transplantation 67:418-21. 1999..THE aim of this study was to describe the features of posttransplantation tumors observed in a series of liver transplant recipients with special reference to patients receiving a transplant for alcoholic cirrhosis...
- Primary chemotherapy with or without colonic stent for management of irresectable stage IV colorectal cancerM Karoui
Department of Surgery, AP HP, Henri Mondor University Hospital, Creteil, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:58-64. 2010..Since 2000, we have favoured primary chemotherapy with stent insertion in case of obstructive tumor. Our aim was to report the results of this strategy in an unselected consecutive series of patients...
- [Auxiliary hepatic transplantation in iproniazid-induced subfulminant hepatitis. Should iproniazid still be sold in France?]F Maille
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 23:1083-5. 1999..Although iproniazid is no longer sold in most countries, it is still commercialized in France. Because of the frequency and severity of hepatic injury, commercialization of iproniazid in France should no longer be authorized...
- [Imaging nodules within cirrhotic liver: how do I do it?]A Luciani
Service d Imagerie Medicale, CHU Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine Paris XII, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Radiol 88:1073-90. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to review the imaging features of liver nodules within cirrhotic liver and to propose the imaging strategies when considering the possibility of liver transplantation...
- Low HCV replication levels in end-stage hepatitis C virus-related liver diseaseC Duvoux
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
J Hepatol 31:593-7. 1999..To clarify this point, we studied serum HCV RNA levels in patients with HCV liver disease at various stages, using a second-generation branched DNA (bDNA) assay...
- Effects of portal triad clamping on haemodynamic conditions during laparoscopic liver resectionF Decailliot
, , , France
Br J Anaesth 87:493-6. 2001..The haemodynamic changes that we found were well tolerated in these patients, who had normal cardiac function...
- Myofibroblasts and hepatocellular carcinoma: an in vivo and in vitro studyJ T Nhieu
Department of Pathology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Hepatol 29:120-8. 1998....
- Oral contraceptive use and focal nodular hyperplasia of the liverD Mathieu
Department of Radiology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Paris 12 University, Creteil, France
Gastroenterology 118:560-4. 2000....
- [Clinical management of benign liver cell tumors]D Cherqui
, , AP-HP, , , France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:310-3; quiz 293, 314. 2008
- Surgery for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic liver diseaseD Cherqui
Department of Surgery, , , , , France
Br J Surg 93:1179-81. 2006
- [Hepatic surgery. What progress? What future?]D Cherqui
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris 12, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:896-902. 2009..Surgery could then be limited to the resection of residual nodules susceptible to harbour persistent viable tumor cells...
- Multimodal therapy with intravenous biweekly leucovorin, 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan combined with hepatic arterial infusion pirarubicin in non-resectable hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer (a European Association for Research in Oncology trial)L Zelek
Department of Oncology, CHU Henri-Mondor, , , France
Ann Oncol 14:1537-42. 2003..2 months. CONCLUSION: The multimodality approach used in the present study was well-tolerated and yielded dramatic responses. An aggressive approach combining i.v. and HAI chemotherapy deserves further investigation...
- Successful reuse of liver graft 13 years after initial transplantationClaude Tayar
Department of Surgery, Henri Mondor Hospital, University Paris XII, , France
Transplantation 82:1547-8. 2006..Late reuse has, however, not been reported to date. We report the first case in which a liver graft was successfully reused 13 years after the first transplantation...
- Laparoscopic left lateral sectionectomy in living donors: safety and reproducibility of the technique in a single centerOlivier Soubrane
Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Ann Surg 244:815-20. 2006..The main goal was to minimize donor morbidity while preserving the abdominal wall. Herein, we report the technical feasibility and reproducibility, and compared it with open liver resection (OLR)...
- Laparoscopic liver resection for benign diseaseFrancesco Ardito
Department of Digestive Surgery, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51 avenue du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Arch Surg 142:1188-93; discussion 1193. 2007..Resection for benign liver disease can represent a valid indication for the laparoscopic approach...
- Impact of UCSF criteria according to pre- and post-OLT tumor features: analysis of 479 patients listed for HCC with a short waiting timeThomas Decaens
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Liver Transpl 12:1761-9. 2006..Their applicability is therefore limited, despite similar survival rates compared to the Milan criteria, when the explanted liver is taken into account...
- Liver resection for hepatocellular carcinomaRichard Bryant
Department of Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hopital Henri Mondor APHP University of Paris, 94000 Creteil, France
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 17:607-33, ix. 2008..This article briefly discusses liver resection for HCC in patients who do not have chronic liver disease and then discusses liver resection for HCC in patients who have chronic liver disease...
- En bloc stapled diaphragmatic resection for local invasion during hepatectomy: a simple technique without opening the pleural cavityMehdi Karoui
AP HP, Department of Surgery, Henri Mondor University Hospital, 51, av du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Am J Surg 193:786-8. 2007....
- Activated protein C resistance acquired through liver transplantation and associated with recurrent venous thrombosisCatherine Leroy-Matheron
, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, AP-HP, , France
J Hepatol 38:866-9. 2003....
- Fulminant hepatitis after infliximab in a patient with hepatitis B virus treated for an adult onset still's diseaseMarc Michel
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Rheumatol 30:1624-5. 2003..We report the case of a 28-year-old woman, with a positive hepatitis B virus surface antigen, who developed fulminant hepatitis 2 weeks after receiving a second infliximab infusion for a refractory adult onset Still's disease...
- Laparoscopic liver resection for subcapsular hepatocellular carcinoma complicating chronic liver diseaseAlexis Laurent
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hospital Henri Mondor, University Paris 12, Creteil, France
Arch Surg 138:763-9; discussion 769. 2003..CONCLUSION: Our study suggests that, despite longer operative and clamping times without clinical consequences, the rate of decompensation of liver disease could be lower after laparoscopy...
- Impact of pretransplantation transarterial chemoembolization on survival and recurrence after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaThomas Decaens
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, 512 Avenue du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94000 Creteil, France
Liver Transpl 11:767-75. 2005..2%, compared with 54.2% among their matched controls (P = 0.9). In conclusion, with a mean waiting period of 4.2 months and 1 TACE procedure, pre-LT TACE does not influence post-LT overall survival and disease-free survival...
- Germ cell tumors. Case 3. Primary yolk sac tumor of the liverNabil Toumi
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 22:1756-8. 2004
- [Cryptogenic cirrhosis and membranous obstruction of the retrohepatic inferior vena cava]Jean-Pierre Dupuychaffray
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:920-1. 2004
- Laparoscopic versus open left lateral hepatic lobectomy: a case-control studyMickael Lesurtel
Department of Digestive Surgery, , Creteil, France
J Am Coll Surg 196:236-42. 2003..Despite longer operation and clamping time, without any clinical consequences, the laparoscopic approach was associated with decreased blood loss and absence of specific complications of the hepatic resection...
- Recombinant coagulation factor VIIa in major liver resection: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trialJ Peter A Lodge
St James s University Hospital, Hospital Haute Pierre, Strasbourg, France
Anesthesiology 102:269-75. 2005..The authors conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial to evaluate the hemostatic effect and safety of recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) in major partial hepatectomy...
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV)-related cryoglobulinemia after liver transplantation for HCV cirrhosisChristophe Duvoux
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Transpl Int 15:3-9. 2002..Cryoglobulinemia did not seem to be associated with more severe graft damage. Cryoglobulinemia-associated morbidity must be taken into account in the management of post-transplant HCV infection...
- Effect of severe thrombocytopenia on patient outcome after liver transplantationChaker Ben Hamida
, , , , France
Intensive Care Med 29:756-62. 2003..CONCLUSION: Thrombocytopenia of <50 x 10(9)/l for 3 days is frequent after liver transplantation and as such is not an important contributor to bleeding. However, thrombocytopenia does reflect the severity of the postoperative course...
- Risk factors for lymphoproliferative disorders after liver transplantation in adults: an analysis of 480 patientsChristophe Duvoux
Liver Transplant Unit, AP HP Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Transplantation 74:1103-9. 2002..The aim of this work was to identify specific risk factors for lymphoproliferative disorders after liver transplantation in adults...
- MRI of atypical focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver: radiology-pathology correlationSophie Ferlicot
, , , , France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1227-31. 2004..However, in large lesions (> 3 cm) without a stellate area and in lesions with heterogeneity, histopathology examination is mandatory to rule out other diagnoses...
- Stents for palliation of obstructive metastatic colon cancer: impact on management and chemotherapy administrationMehdi Karoui
Department of Surgery, Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 Av du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Arch Surg 142:619-23; discussion 623. 2007..The more rapid and less complicated recovery after palliative stent insertion compared with surgery may theoretically facilitate the early administration of chemotherapy...
- Two cases of spontaneous regression of multicentric hepatocellular carcinoma after intraperitoneal rupture: possible role of immune mechanismsHugues Blondon
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Centre Hospitalier, Montargis, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1355-9. 2004..We discuss a possible immune mechanism of tumoural regression with a review of similar cases described in the literature...
- Hemodynamic effects of portal triad clamping with and without pneumoperitoneum: an echocardiographic studyFrancois Decailliot
Service d Anesthésie Réanimation Chirurgicale, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Hôpital Henri Mondor and Université Paris XII, Creteil, France
Anesth Analg 100:617-22, table of contents. 2005..However, these did not necessitate stopping the procedure or releasing PTC in these study patients without cardiac disease...
- Fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report with cytological features in a sixteen-year-old girlDhouha Mansouri
Department of Medical Biology and Pathology, Institut Gustave Roussy, France
Diagn Cytopathol 34:568-71. 2006....
- Increased nitric oxide output from alveolar origin during liver cirrhosis versus bronchial source during asthmaChristophe Delclaux
Service de Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Unité INSERM U492, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94000 Creteil, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:332-7. 2002..These results suggest that a two-compartment model for NO output allows the increase in FE(NO) from alveolar sources to be differentiated from the increase from bronchial sources...