- Prolongation of QTc interval after postoperative nausea and vomiting treatment by droperidol or ondansetronBeny Charbit
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Beaujon University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 102:1094-100. 2005..These drugs are also known to prolong the QTc interval at high dosages. This study describes QTc interval changes associated with postoperative nausea and vomiting treatment by droperidol or ondansetron at low doses...
- Droperidol and ondansetron-induced QT interval prolongation: a clinical drug interaction studyBeny Charbit
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, St Antoine University Hospital, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Anesthesiology 109:206-12. 2008..The objective was to study the effects of droperidol and ondansetron alone or in combination on QT interval duration in healthy subjects...
- QT interval measurement: evaluation of automatic QTc measurement and new simple method to calculate and interpret corrected QT intervalBeny Charbit
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Antoine University Hospital, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Anesthesiology 104:255-60. 2006..The authors assessed automatic QT interval measurement to detect prolonged QTc interval (women >450 ms; men >440 ms) in the postoperative setting...
- Relationship between HIV protease inhibitors and QTc interval duration in HIV-infected patients: a cross-sectional studyBeny Charbit
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, GHU Est, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:76-82. 2009..Protease inhibitors (PIs) are suspected to contribute to this adverse reaction. However, many factors can prolong QTc interval. We examined factors influencing QTc duration in HIV-infected patients...
- Effects of testosterone on ventricular repolarization in hypogonadic menBeny Charbit
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France
Am J Cardiol 103:887-90. 2009..004). In conclusion, the difference in QT-interval duration between men and women might be explained by differences in testosterone levels, and testosterone shortens ventricular repolarization...
- QT interval prolongation after oxytocin bolus during surgical induced abortionBeny Charbit
Departent of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Beaujon University Hospital, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Clichy, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 76:359-64. 2004..Two reported cases of ventricular tachycardia after oxytocin bolus in patients with long QT interval syndrome led us to assess the effect of oxytocin on QT interval...
- Droperidol and ondansetron in vitro electrophysiological drug interaction studyJacques Weissenburger
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Service de Pharmacologie, Paris, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:719-26. 2009..Combination of ondansetron and droperidol exhibits an additive effect on AP duration. However, within clinically relevant concentrations, ondansetron does not further increase the AP prolongation caused by droperidol alone...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interaction between grapefruit juice and halofantrineBeny Charbit
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Investigation Center, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris Cedex, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:514-23. 2002..We studied the effect of grapefruit juice on halofantrine bioavailability and on QT interval prolongation associated with its oral administration...
- Effect of contrasted sodium diets on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effects of renin-angiotensin system blockersMichel Azizi
Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Hypertension 61:1239-45. 2013..The atenolol-induced lengthening of PR interval was fully reversed by SR. Thus, sodium balance modulates the pharmacokinetics of candesartan cilexetil and atenolol, with measurable effects on the selected pharmacodynamic end points...
- Impact of age and gender interaction on circulating endothelial progenitor cells in healthy subjectsAlexandra Rousseau
Clinical Research Unit URC EST and Department of Pharmacology, AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 93:843-6. 2010..To assess the level of circulating endothelial progenitor cells (CEPC) in cycling women compared with men and menopausal women...
- Infection duration and inflammatory imbalance are associated with atherosclerotic risk in HIV-infected never-smokers independent of antiretroviral therapyMoise Desvarieux
aDepartment of Epidemiology, Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, New York, USA bInserm U 738 and École des Hautes Études en Santé Publique cAP HP Department of Cardiology, Hopital Saint Antoine, F 75012, Paris, France dUPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris F75012 eAPHP Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hôpital Saint Antoine fAPHP Hôpital Tenon, Service de Biochimie et Hormonologie, Paris F75020 gInserm UMR_S938, Paris F 75012 hInserm U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, and Paris Descartes University iAP HP Centre d Investigation Clinique Paris EST 9304, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France jDepartment of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK kInserm UMR S707, Paris, France
AIDS 27:2603-14. 2013....
- Droperidol-induced proarrhythmia: the beginning of an answer?Beny Charbit
Anesthesiology 107:524-6. 2007
- Prolonged ventricular repolarization in hypertension: is it heart rate?Christian Funck-Brentano
Arch Intern Med 166:2157; author reply 2157-8. 2006
- Cardiovascular complications of cocaine use: recent points on cocaethylene toxicityBénédicte Lepere
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:1S45-6. 2002