Affiliation: Centre Jean Perrin
- Changes in and prognostic value of hormone receptor status in a series of operable breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyOlivier Tacca
Bureau de Recherche Clinique, Centre Jean Perrin 58, rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Oncologist 12:636-43. 2007..In this work, NCT induced variations in HR status in 23% of patients. A positive switch in HR status after NCT could be an indicator of better prognosis for patient outcome...
- A methionine-free diet associated with nitrosourea treatment down-regulates methylguanine-DNA methyl transferase activity in patients with metastatic cancerEmilie Thivat
Centre Jean Perrin, Unitt de Recherche Clinique, Clermont Ferrand, France
Anticancer Res 27:2779-83. 2007..Our purpose was to evaluate the impact of the association of a dietary MET restriction with nitrosourea treatment on MGMT activity in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)...
- Sequential addition of an anthracycline-based regimen to docetaxel as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with operable breast cancerSophie Amat
Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
Clin Breast Cancer 7:262-9. 2006..The objective of this phase II study was to attempt to maximize response and survival in patients with bulky, operable breast cancer by combining sequential neoadjuvant docetaxel to a semi-intensive anthracycline-based regimen...
- [Place of anatomopathology in evaluation of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Prognostic and predictive markers: example of breast cancer]Catherine Abrial
Unite de recherche clinique, Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, BP392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1
Bull Cancer 93:663-8. 2006..The evaluation of the post-treatment tumour residue helps to determine tumour response to treatment and prognosis, as well as to adjust adjuvant regimens. It is essential to standardize these histopathological procedures...
- Does survival increase in metastatic breast cancer with recently available anticancer drugs?C Abrial
Bureau de Recherche Clinique, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
Oncol Res 15:431-9. 2006..The sequential treatment of tamoxifen then aromatase inhibitors is presently discussed as a possible standard when used as adjuvant treatment. This sequential effect could also constitute a valuable concept for metastatic patients...
- Second-line chemotherapy of disseminated malignant melanoma with cystemustine at 60 mg/m2: a phase II trialEmilie Thivat
Unité d Oncologie Appliquée, Centre Jean Perrin, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, Clermont Ferrand, France
Anticancer Drugs 16:1003-7. 2005..We conclude that cystemustine at 60 mg/m is active in patients who progressed after one line of chemotherapy in advanced disease, and offers the possibility of complete responses and long durations of these responses...
- Tumor parameters, clinical and pathological responses, medical management, and survival through time on 710 operable breast cancersC Abrial
Centre Jean Perrin, 58 rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Med Oncol 22:233-40. 2005..Finally, no significant difference was found when we compared overall and disease-free survival through the four periods. It appears that the progressive increase of tumor burden was compensated by more effective treatments...
- Phase II trial of the association of a methionine-free diet with cystemustine therapy in melanoma and gliomaEmilie Thivat
Centre Jean Perrin, 58 rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Anticancer Res 29:5235-40. 2009..On this basis, a phase II clinical trial was initiated to evaluate safety and efficacy of this combination...
- [Therapeutic potential of melatonin in cancer treatment]C Abrial
Bureau de Recherche Clinique, centre Jean Perrin and Inserm UMR 484, 58, rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:265-8. 2005..In order to confirm these results and to lead further research, we propose to realise a phase II randomised study melatonin versus placebo in metastatic breast cancer patients after two lines of treatment...
- Methionine dependency and cancer treatmentE Cellarier
Centre Jean Perrin, Unité d oncothérapie appliquée, Centre Jean Perrin, France
Cancer Treat Rev 29:489-99. 2003..The experimental results accumulated during the last three decades suggest that methionine restriction can become an additional cancer therapeutic strategy, notably in association with chemotherapy...
- [Molecular mechanisms involved in hormone resistance of prostate cancer]Aurélie Cabrespine
Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand
Bull Cancer 91:747-57. 2004..The comprehension of these various mechanisms is the key of the development of more effective therapies on hormono-refractory prostate cancers...
- In vitro assessment of cytotoxic agent combinations for hormone-refractory prostate cancer treatmentAurélie Cabrespine
UMR484 INSERM, Centre Jean Perrin, Universite d Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Anticancer Drugs 16:417-22. 2005..Our results suggest that combination of paclitaxel and 13-cis-retinoic acid, and of chelerythrine with mitoxantrone and paclitaxel, may have clinical value for the treatment of hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- Pathological and clinical response of a primary chemotherapy regimen combining vinorelbine, epirubicin, and paclitaxel as neoadjuvant treatment in patients with operable breast cancerCatherine Abrial
Centre Jean Perrin, Bureau de Recherche Clinique, 58 rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Oncologist 10:242-9. 2005..There was no case of severe cardiac toxicity, thrombocytopenia, or any other serious adverse events. In conclusion, whereas this regimen was relatively well tolerated, it appears inferior to other regimens and its use is not recommended...
- Optimal methionine-free diet duration for nitrourea treatment: a Phase I clinical trialXavier Durando
Centre Jean Perrin, Unite de recherche clinique, université Clermont 1, UFR Medecine, INSERM UMR 484, and Centre d Investigation Clinique, Clermont Ferrand, France
Nutr Cancer 60:23-30. 2008..Based on these results, a Phase II clinical trial has been initiated to test the activity of the association of a 1-day MET-free diet with cystemustine treatment...
- A new prognostic classification after primary chemotherapy for breast cancer: residual disease in breast and nodes (RDBN)Philippe Chollet
Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
Cancer J 14:128-32. 2008..Among the most useful are node involvement, tumor size, and pathologic grade. These factors retained their prognostic value when assessed after neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- [Methionine dependency of cancer cells: a new therapeutic approach?]Xavier Durando
dÃ©partement d oncologie mÃ©dicale, Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, 63011 Clermont Ferrand, France
Bull Cancer 95:69-76. 2008..Preclinical studies have shown synergistic effect of the association of Met restriction and different cytostatic agents. Currently, few clinical investigations have been realised to test this therapeutic strategy...
- Does regional lymph node irradiation improve the outcome of N0 and pN0 breast cancer?Olivier Gilliot
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand F 63011, France
Cancer Invest 28:195-200. 2010..59), survival without distant metastasis was 97% and 78% (p = .018) and overall survival was 96% and 75% (p = .013). Clinical size < 4 cm was a strong pronostic factor...
- Dietary methionine restriction with FOLFOX regimen as first line therapy of metastatic colorectal cancer: a feasibility studyXavier Durando
Centre Jean Perrin, Unite de recherche clinique, UMR 990, université Clermont 1, UFR Medecine, CIC 501, Clermont Ferrand, France
Oncology 78:205-9. 2010....
- Metastatic breast cancer: overall survival related to successive chemotherapies. What do we gain after the third line?Olivier Tacca
Bureau de Recherche Clinique, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Cancer Invest 27:81-5. 2009..In our study, it appeared useful to give several CT lines when possible. Subsequent lines of CT could have a beneficial effect on the survival for some patients with MBC...
- Changes and predictive and prognostic value of the mitotic index, Ki-67, cyclin D1, and cyclo-oxygenase-2 in 710 operable breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyFrederique Penault-Llorca
Centre Jean Perrin, Bureau de Recherche Clinique, Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Oncologist 13:1235-45. 2008..Because these factors were correlated, no multivariate model was done. The main clinical fact is that there were significant correlations between clinical and pathological responses and variations in the biological factors studied...
- Long-term disease-free survival in advanced melanomas treated with nitrosoureas: mechanisms and new perspectivesXavier Durando
Medical Oncology Unit, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
BMC Cancer 5:147. 2005..0%. Although long-term complete remissions are rare, few reports describe cases after chemotherapy. Fifty-three patients with metastatic melanoma were treated with Cystemustine, a chloroethyl nitrosourea (CENU) (60 or 90 mg/m2)...
- [Therapeutic strategies and systemic treatment of brain melanoma metastases]Xavier Durando
Centre Jean Perrin, Département d oncologie, 58, rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Bull Cancer 100:23-8. 2013....
- Temozolomide and unusual indications: review of literatureZuzana Tatar
Oncology Department, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand F 63011, France
Cancer Treat Rev 39:125-35. 2013....
- Weight change during chemotherapy changes the prognosis in non metastatic breast cancer for the worseEmilie Thivat
Division of Clinical Research, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, F 63011 France
BMC Cancer 10:648. 2010..Our study was aimed to evaluate the prognostic value of weight change during anthracycline-based chemotherapy on non metastatic breast cancer (European population) with a long term follow-up...
- [Stress, cancer and circadian rhythm of melatonin]F Kwiatkowski
Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, 63011 Clermont Ferrand, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:269-72. 2005..The ability to condition immune responses in animals allows thinking that hypnotherapy could also be used along with standard treatments...
- Brown adipose tissue activity in relation to weight gain during chemotherapy in breast cancer patients: a pilot studyEmilie Gadéa
a Centre Jean Perrin, Clinical Research Department, Clermont Ferrand, France
Nutr Cancer 66:1092-6. 2014..These original data suggest for the first time that BAT modulation by chemotherapy would be a potential contributor to body weight gain through blunted thermogenesis in breast cancer patients. ..
- [Poor prognostic value of weight change during chemotherapy in non-metastatic breast cancer patients: causes, mechanisms involved and preventive strategies]Emilie Gadéa
Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France, Inra UdA, UMR 1019 Human Nutrition, CHLEO, 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France, centre d investigation clinique, 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Bull Cancer 100:865-70. 2013..Current preventive strategies focus on physical activity programs but also on the use of metformin during and after chemotherapy. ..
- Combined methionine deprivation and chloroethylnitrosourea have time-dependent therapeutic synergy on melanoma tumors that NMR spectroscopy-based metabolomics explains by methionine and phospholipid metabolism reprogrammingSamuel Guenin
INSERM UMR 484, Clermont Ferrand, France
Nutr Cancer 61:518-29. 2009..It follows that combination therapy of MDS with CENU seems to intensify adaptive processes, which may set limitations to this therapeutic strategy...
- Temozolomide treatment of an adult with a relapsing medulloblastomaX Durando
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
Cancer Invest 25:470-5. 2007..An initial partial response was observed for this previously heavily treated patient. This observation suggests this drug may be useful in medulloblastoma, either as conventional chemotherapy or for use together with radiotherapy...
- [Modeling 5-FU clearance during a chronomodulated infusion]F Kwiatkowski
Unite de recherche clinique, Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, 63011 cedex, Clermont Ferrand, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 51:231-3. 2003..This pharmacokinetic follow-up permitted the modelisation of 5-FU clearance and the calculation of an index, which was, in our study, correlated to the treatment response and also to main encountered toxicities...
- Immune status is more affected by age than by carotenoid depletion-repletion in healthy human subjectsMarie Chantal Farges
Clermont Universite, Universite d Auvergne, EA 4233, LB2MN, CRNH Auvergne, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Br J Nutr 108:2054-65. 2012..Even in carefully selected healthy volunteers, some age-related immune changes occur predominantly from 50 years onwards. This immunosenescence could generate a loss in the immune system adjustment capacity...
- Pharmacokinetic study of cystemustine, administered on a weekly schedule in cancer patientsE Cellarier
Unité d oncothérapie appliquée, Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France
Ann Oncol 13:760-9. 2002..The present report describes the results of a new phase I trial with cystemustine administered on a weekly schedule. The pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of cystemustine were investigated...