Affiliation: Centre Oscar Lambret
- [Depression in oncology]M Reich
Equipe de psycho oncologie, Centre de lutte contre le cancer Oscar Lambret, BP 307, 3 Rue Frederic Combemale, 59020 Lille Cedex, France
Cancer Radiother 14:535-8. 2010..Optimal care of these mood disorders have to be implemented as soon as possible and be supported by the association of pharmacological treatment and psychotherapy...
- [Serotoninergic antidepressants and opiate analgesics: a sometimes-painful association. A case report]M Reich
Equipe de psycho oncologie, Centre Oscar Lambret, 3 Rue Frederic Combemale, Lille, France
Encephale 36:D119-23. 2010..8 lbs (4 kg). Discontinuation of escitalopram resulted in complete resolution of his symptoms within 48 h except for persistent blurred vision...
- Surgical intensive care unit (ICU) delirium: a "psychosomatic" problem?Michel Reich
Psycho Oncology Team, Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France
Palliat Support Care 8:221-5. 2010..Some clinicians working in an intensive care unit have a reluctance to seek another hypothesis in the psychological field...
- When cancerophobia and denial lead to deathMichel Reich
Psycho Oncology Team, Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France
Palliat Support Care 7:253-5. 2009..When it turns out to be ineffective and pathological, it can cause either delay or avoidance in seeking treatment for symptoms relevant for a true malignancy and will lead inexorably to death if not cured...
- [Characteristic and management of the psychotic patient in oncology]M Reich
Equipe de psycho oncologie, Centre Oscar Lambret, 3 Rue Frederic Combemale, Lille Cedex, France
Bull Cancer 96:227-37. 2009..Then, the indication of antipsychotic medications in oncology will be discussed. Finally, ethic issues such as informed consent and refusal of treatment in psychotic patients will be approached...
- [Cancer diagnosis announcement: an act to seal the pact of trust between doctors and patients]Michel Reich
Equipe de psycho oncologie, Centre Oscar Lambret, 3, rue Frederic Combemale, 59020 Lille BP 307, France
Bull Cancer 95:841-7. 2008..The respect of ethical principles will prevent incomprehension phenomena and seal the pact of trust between doctors and patients...
- Depression and cancer: recent data on clinical issues, research challenges and treatment approachesMichel Reich
Centre Oscar Lambret, Psycho Oncology Team, Lille, France
Curr Opin Oncol 20:353-9. 2008..This psychiatric comorbidity has several impacts on quality of life, anticancer treatment compliance, hospital stay duration, health-care costs, morbidity and possibly mortality even if discordant reports exist...
- Depression, quality of life and breast cancer: a review of the literatureM Reich
Psycho Oncology Unit, Centre Oscar Lambret, 3 Rue Frederic Combemale, 59020, Lille, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 110:9-17. 2008..Antidepressant medications remain the cornerstone of depression treatment. The hypothetical link between their prescription and increased breast cancer risk is not supported by literature's data...
- [Conspiracy of silence in oncology: a situation not to be overlooked]M Reich
Centre Oscar Lambret, 3 Rue F Combemale, BP 307, 59020, Lille Cedex
Bull Cancer 90:181-4. 2003..In order to resolve conflicts and improve the lived experience of difficult moments, it is preferable to break into the collusion by initiating a dialogue. A clinical vignette illustrates an approach to take in everyday practice...
- [Disclosure of a diagnosis of cancer: paradoxes and misunderstandings]M Reich
Unité de psycho oncologie, Centre Oscar Lambret, 3, rue Frederic Combemale, 59020 Lille, France
Rev Med Interne 22:560-6. 2001..FUTURE AND PROJECTS: What's at stake in that type of announcement in terms of compliance should not be neglected. Practitioners becoming aware of those phenomena and communication rules should improve the modes of announcement...
- [Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) antidepressants use in hot flashes in oncology]T Elek
, Centre Oscar-Lambret, Lille, France
Rev Med Interne 25:217-24. 2004..These treatments often appear efficient and well tolerated. FUTURE AND PROJECTS: Through a review of literature and clinical vignette, we will specify physiopathology and prescription modalities in this new type of indication...
- [An index of understanding randomised clinical trials in oncology]Tanguy Leroy
Univ Lille Nord de France Université de Lille III URECA EA 1059, BP 60149 F 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France
Bull Cancer 96:741-50. 2009..Better evaluations of the knowledge of the patients who participate to randomised clinical trials seem to be a distinct asset to improve these patients' global clinical care...
- Psychosocial factors involved in delayed consultation by patients with head and neck cancerOlivier Rozniatowski
Psycho-Oncology Unit, Centre Oscar Lambret, BP 307, 59020 Lille Cedex, France
Head Neck 27:274-80. 2005..Anxiety, rather than socioeconomics status, was a discriminating factor in the delay in seeking consultation...
- [Suicidal crisis in oncology: assessment and care]Christelle Lefetz
Equipe de psycho-oncologie, Centre Oscar-Lambret, , BP307, 59020 Lille Cedex
Bull Cancer 93:709-13. 2006..Last but not the least, involving the whole treatment team is key in preventing transformation of the suicidal crisis into institutional crisis...
- [Information spreading about hereditary carriage of a BRCA1/2 mutation and ovarian cancer and rate of consultation of the concerned relatives]Véronique Christophe
Université de Lille 3 URECA EA 1059, Domaine Universitaire du Pont de Bois, BP 60149, 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex
Bull Cancer 95:395-402. 2008..The motives for short-term absence of consultation can just be presumed. The characteristics which we studied do not allow us to point out some particularities among women who consulted except the nearness with one mutated relative...