Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier
- Fatigue is associated with high circulating leptin levels in chronic hepatitis CT Piche
Department of Hepatogastroenterology and Nutrition, CHU de Nice, France
Gut 51:434-9. 2002..Our aims were to analyse fatigue in CHC and to determine its relationship with disease activity, resting energy expenditure (REE), circulating leptin, and tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- Low risk of irritable bowel syndrome after Clostridium difficile infectionT Piche
Department of Gatsroeneterology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Nice, France
Can J Gastroenterol 21:727-31. 2007..This study analyzed IBS symptoms in hospitalized patients three months after a symptomatic Clostridium difficile infection...
- [Role of enteric infections and inflammation in functional bowel disorders]Thierry Piche
Fédération des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, CHU de Nice, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:624-9. 2002
- Mast cells and cellularity of the colonic mucosa correlated with fatigue and depression in irritable bowel syndromeT Piche
Fédération d hépato gastroentérologie et de nutrition clinique, Hopital de l Archet, pole digestif, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
Gut 57:468-73. 2008..A subset of patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) have an increased number of mast cells (MCs) in the colonic mucosa. Psychological factors are believed to contribute to the course of IBS...
- Fatigue in irritable bowel syndrome: characterization and putative role of leptinThierry Piche
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, CHU, Nice, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:237-43. 2007..We aimed to evaluate the occurrence of fatigue and its characteristics in irritable bowel syndrome and to analyze the relationship between fatigue and leptin...
- The severity of liver fibrosis is associated with high leptin levels in chronic hepatitis CT Piche
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, CHU de Nice, France
J Viral Hepat 11:91-6. 2004..30, P < 0.01) and glycaemia (r = 0.30, P < 0.01). In patients with CHC and higher BMI and glycaemia levels, the severity of liver fibrosis is associated with serum leptin. TNF-alpha is a putative candidate involved in the mechanism...
- [Transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxations: therapeutic targets in gastro-esophageal reflux disease]Thierry Piche
Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU de Nice, Hopital de l Archet, BP 3079, 06202 Nice 3
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:662-72. 2004
- Effect of ondansetron, a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, on fatigue in chronic hepatitis C: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled studyT Piche
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, CHU de Nice, France
Gut 54:1169-73. 2005..In this randomised, placebo controlled, double blind trial, we investigated the effect of orally administered ondansetron on fatigue in CHC...
- Functional bowel symptoms in quiescent inflammatory bowel diseases: role of epithelial barrier disruption and low-grade inflammationM Vivinus-Nebot
Department of Immunology, Pole of Biology, hôpital Archet 1, CHU de Nice, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Gut 63:744-52. 2014..To determine the role of colonic barrier defects and low-grade inflammation in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)-like symptoms in quiescent inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Combination of allergic factors can worsen diarrheic irritable bowel syndrome: role of barrier defects and mast cellsM Vivinus-Nebot
Department of Immunology, Pole of Biology, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, CHU de Nice, France
Am J Gastroenterol 107:75-81. 2012..Whether allergic factors (AFs) are involved in the pathophysiology of IBS is unclear. We addressed the question of the possible influence of an allergic background on IBS symptoms...
- Impact of functional bowel symptoms on quality of life and fatigue in quiescent Crohn disease and irritable bowel syndromeT Piche
Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, CHU de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 22:626-e174. 2010..Our aims were (i) to evaluate the prevalence of IBS-like symptoms in quiescent CD and (ii) to compare the impact of IBS-like symptoms on Qol and fatigue in both diseases...
- Predictive factors of bleeding related to post-banding ulcer following endoscopic variceal ligation in cirrhotic patients: a case-control studyG Vanbiervliet
Faculte de Medecine, Université de Sophia Antipolis, Nice, F 06107, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32:225-32. 2010..Life-threatening bleeding caused by early spontaneous slippage of rubber bands has been described after variceal ligation in cirrhotic patients...
- Endoscopic argon plasma trimming of biliary and gastrointestinal metallic stentsG Vanbiervliet
Hépatogastroentérologie, Hôpital L Archet 2, Nice, France
Endoscopy 37:434-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility and efficiency of plasma argon trimming of gastrointestinal and biliary metallic stents...
- [Alterations of intestinal epithelial barrier and flora in the irritable bowel syndrome]T Piche
pole digestif, Service de Gastroentérologie et Inserm 895, hôpital de l Archet II, Centre Méditerranéen de Médecine Moléculaire, 151 Route Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06202 Nice Cedex 3, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:S40-7. 2009....
- Impact of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on metabolic syndrome, inflammation, and insulin resistance in super versus morbidly obese womenAntonio Iannelli
pole digestif, Hopital Archet 2, Nice, 06202, France
Obes Surg 19:577-82. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy of laparoscopic (L) RYGBP to reverse metabolic syndrome, inflammation, and insulin resistance in super-obese women compared to morbidly obese women...
- Laparoscopic conversion of vertical banded gastroplasty with an antireflux wrap into Roux-en-Y gastric bypassAntonio Iannelli
Université de Nice Sohpia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, F 06107, France
Obes Surg 17:901-4. 2007..To avoid reflux, some surgeons added an antireflux wrap...
- Serum C-reactive protein: a non-invasive marker of alcoholic hepatitisGeoffroy Vanbiervliet
Liver Unit, Hôpital L Archet 2, Nice, France
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1473-9. 2006..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of C-reactive protein (CRP) for alcoholic hepatitis in heavy drinkers...
- Small bowel diverticulitis of the Roux loop after gastric bypassAntonio Iannelli
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Transplantation Hépatique, Hopital Archet, Nice, France
Obes Surg 16:1249-51. 2006..We report a 48-year-old morbidly obese woman who presented 2 months after laparoscopic RYGBP with a perforated diverticulum of the Roux loop. The diagnostic and therapeutic implications are discussed...
- Colonic fermentation influences lower esophageal sphincter function in gastroesophageal reflux diseaseThierry Piche
CIC INSERM and U 539 Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Hôtel Dieu, Nantes, France
Gastroenterology 124:894-902. 2003..This study investigated the effects of colonic fermentation induced by oral administration of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- Pharmacological targets in gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseThierry Piche
Hepatogastroenterology, CHU Nice, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 97:333-41. 2005..Lastly, further research is necessary to better understand the complex mechanisms involved in oesophageal sensitivity and mucosal defence...
- Effect of steroids on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in women with Crohn's diseaseRima Al-Jaouni
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2843-9. 2002..Steroids, commonly used to treat flare-up of CD, induce weight gain. This study was designed to evaluate the effects of prednisone and budesonide on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in patients with CD...
- Diagnostic accuracy of a rapid urine-screening test (Multistix8SG) in cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitisGeoffroy Vanbiervliet
Liver Unit and Department of Immunology, Archet 2 Hospital, Nice, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1257-60. 2002..To assess the diagnostic accuracy of a rapid urine-screening test (Multistix8SG) for spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP) in cirrhotic patients...
- Serum fibrosis markers can detect large oesophageal varices with a high accuracyGeoffroy Vanbiervliet
Liver Unit, Archet II Hospital, Nice Cedex 3, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:333-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the value of serum fibrosis markers for the diagnosis of oesophageal varices in alcoholic patients...
- Gallbladder motility and gut hormone plasma levels in subjects with and without gallstonesJean Claude Montet
UPRES EA3286, Faculte de Pharmacie, Marseille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:569-72. 2005..We conclude that large basal plasma concentrations of pancreatic polypeptide, a gut peptide inducing gallbladder relaxation, may constitute a factor facilitating lithogenesis...
- Treatment of fatigue in hepatogastroenterology: fact or fiction?Thierry Piche
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:561-3. 2005