Jean Pierre Olie
Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Sainte-Anne
- Alertness can be improved by an interaction between orienting attention and alerting attention in schizophreniaIsabelle Amado
INSERM, Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, U894 7 Centre de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences Paris, France
Behav Brain Funct 7:24. 2011..Here we explore the different attentive networks, their modulation and interactions in patients with schizophrenia...
- Efficacy of agomelatine, a MT1/MT2 receptor agonist with 5-HT2C antagonistic properties, in major depressive disorderJean Pierre Olie
Sainte Anne Hospital, University Department of Psychiatry, Paris, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 10:661-73. 2007....
- [Schizophrenia, a neurodevelopmental illness]J P Olie
INSERM U894, Center of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, Paris, France
Ann Pharm Fr 67:251-5. 2009..This does not preclude the search for cues of degenerative mechanisms. The issue now is a better characterization of the vulnerable phenotype for screening procedures to be implemented prior to disease onset...
- [Legal responsibility of mentally ill persons]Jean Pierre Olie
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 75674 Paris Cedex 14
Rev Prat 56:935-8. 2006..This article is a clinical and practical reasoning...
- [Therapeutic strategies for depression]Jean Pierre Olie
Service Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Hôpital Saint Anne, Paris, France
Therapie 60:491-8. 2005..Mild to moderate major depressive episodes raise a difficult question: can psychotherapy be an alternative option to antidepressant medication?..
- A prospective study of escitalopram in the treatment of major depressive episodes in the presence or absence of anxietyJean Pierre Olie
Hopital Sainte Anne, Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Paris, France
Depress Anxiety 24:318-24. 2007..Escitalopram was well tolerated and efficacious in reducing symptoms of depression in patients with or without comorbid anxiety over a 12-week treatment period...
- [Treating a psychotic syndrome in 2007]Jean Pierre Olie
Hôpital Saint Anne, Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Inserm U 894 7, Paris, France
Therapie 63:165-75. 2008..Research program are currently orientated towards: - identification of prepsychotic symptoms and endophenotypes which can be treatment targets; - assessment of putative therapeutical means such a brain stimulation...
- [Milnacipran and venlafaxine at flexible doses (up to 200 mg/d) in the outpatient treatment of adults with moderate-to-severe major depressive disorder: a 24-week randomised, double blind exploratory study]J P Olie
Service de Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 1, rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Encephale 35:595-604. 2009..Milnacipran (MLN) (Ixel) and venlafaxine (VLF) (Effexor) are two SNRIs pharmacologically differing by their NA/HT ratio of potency: 1:1 and 1:30, respectively...
- Correlation between clinical syndromes and neuropsychological tasks in unmedicated patients with recent onset schizophreniaClaire Daban
E0117 INSERM Paris V, Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 113:83-92. 2002..Thus, disorganized symptoms, more than any other, appear to be related to the impairment of executive function and WM in recent onset unmedicated patients with schizophrenia...
- Cognitive dysfunctions in medicated and unmedicated patients with recent-onset schizophreniaClaire Daban
E0117 INSERM Paris V and Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
J Psychiatr Res 39:391-8. 2005..In addition our results suggest that antipsychotics do not have a major effect on these impairments...
- Multicenter double-blind randomized parallel-group clinical trial of efficacy of the combination clomipramine (150 mg/day) plus lithium carbonate (750 mg/day) versus clomipramine (150 mg/day) plus placebo in the treatment of unipolar major depressionDominique Januel
Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Pr H Lôo et J P Olié, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1, rue Cabanis, Paris Cedex 75674, France
J Affect Disord 76:191-200. 2003..The therapeutic efficacy of adding lithium to an ongoing antidepressant in resistant depression is well known. However there is less data concerning the efficacy of giving lithium and antidepressant concurrently from the start of treatment...
- Association of an UCP4 (SLC25A27) haplotype with ultra-resistant schizophreniaFaycal Mouaffak
INSERM, Laboratoire de Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, U894 Centre de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Paris, France
Pharmacogenomics 12:185-93. 2011..In order to explore the potential consequences of neuronal uncoupling proteins variants we examined their association in a sample of Caucasian patients suffering from schizophrenia and phenotyped them according to antipsychotic response...
- Effects of disorganization on choice reaction time and visual orientation in untreated schizophrenicsIsabelle Amado
Universite Paris Descartes, faculté Paris Descartes, France
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 8:53-8. 2006..Early deficits in the preattentive orientation and visual detection phases are useful for assessing response to psychotropic treatment and establishing clinical correlates in acute schizophrenia...
- Neurological soft-signs and minor physical anomalies in schizophrenia: differential transmission within familiesDavid Gourion
Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Schizophr Res 63:181-7. 2003..10; F = 0.7; df = 17.17; ns). We thus found a direct evidence for the intra-familial transmission of NSS but not of MPAs, suggesting that this morphological phenotypic trait could be more dependent on epigenetic influences...
- Prevalence of smoking in psychiatric patientsMarie France Poirier
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Hĵpital Sainte Anne, Faculte Cochin Port Royal, Universite Paris V, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:529-37. 2002..Nicotine abuse in psychiatric patients, and especially in schizophrenic patients, could support the hypothesis that smoking is consistent with self-medication...
- Cerebellum development and schizophrenia: an association study of the human homeogene Engrailed 2David Gourion
INSERM E117, SHU Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 126:93-8. 2004..We found no significant association of schizophrenia with this bi-nucleotide repeat polymorphism of the EN2 gene...
- Altered semantic but not phonological verbal fluency in young help-seeking individuals with ultra high risk of psychosisEmilie Magaud
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Schizophr Res 123:53-8. 2010..These results suggest that semantic deficits are present during the prodromal phase, prior to clinical expression of full-blown psychosis, and suggest that prodromes could be associated with alteration in temporal brain areas...
- Augmentation strategies of clozapine with antipsychotics in the treatment of ultraresistant schizophreniaFaycal Mouaffak
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Université René Descartes and INSERM E0117, Sainte Anne Hospital, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:28-33. 2006..Among these strategies, the combined use of clozapine with another antipsychotic has been reported for up to 35% of patients receiving clozapine...
- Validity of the CAGE questionnaire in schizophrenic patients with alcohol abuse and dependenceAlain Dervaux
Service d Addictologie, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, F 75014 Paris, France
Schizophr Res 81:151-5. 2006..82 and the specificity was 0.94. The post test probabilities (PPV) were high (PPV1=0.74; PPV2=0.85) compared to the primary probability of alcoholism (29.8%)...
- [Physiological adolescence, pathological adolescence]Jean Pierre Olie
Hopital Sainte Anne, Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Universite Paris 5, Inserm U 11557, 1 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1643-51; discussion 1651-2. 2006..Treatment must be tailored to the individual patient. "Borderline" states are over-diagnosed, hindering more precise diagnosis and delaying appropriate treatment...
- Psychopathology and comorbidity of psychiatric disorders in patients with kleptomaniaFranck J Baylé
Institut National de la Sante et de Recherche Medicale, E0117, Univesité Paris V et Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Santé Mentale et de Thérapeutique, Paris, France
Am J Psychiatry 160:1509-13. 2003..In addition, the comorbidity of kleptomania with other psychiatric disorders was examined...
- [Psychiatry is a discipline]Jean Pierre Olie
service hospitalo universitaire de psychiatrie, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 7, rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14
Presse Med 33:Sp105-8. 2004
- Ziprasidone and amisulpride effectively treat negative symptoms of schizophrenia: results of a 12-week, double-blind studyJean Pierre Olie
Department of Mental Health and Therapy, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:143-51. 2006....
- [Principles of cognitive remediation in schizophrenia]Isabelle Amado
Santé mentale et thérapeutique, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1, rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 195:1319-30; discussion 1330-3. 2011....
- Maintenance electroconvulsive therapy: an alternative treatment for refractory schizophrenia and schizoaffective disordersMaryse Lévy-Rueff
INSERM U796, Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, Universite Paris Descartes, faculté Paris Descartes, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, Paris, F 75014 France
Psychiatry Res 175:280-3. 2010..Maintenance electroconvulsive therapy combined with medication appears to be an efficient alternative to pharmacological treatment alone...
- Interaction of lithium with 5-HT(1B) receptors in depressed unipolar patients treated with clomipramine and lithium versus clomipramine and placebo: preliminary resultsDominique Januel
Unité de Pharmacologie Neuro Immuno Endocrinienne, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 111:117-24. 2002....
- The French version of the validated short TEMPS-A: the temperament evaluation of Memphis, Pisa, Paris and San DiegoMarie Odile Krebs
INSERM U796, Universite Paris Descartes, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France
J Affect Disord 96:271-3. 2006..For many studies, a shorter version is easier to use. Accordingly, the 39-item validated English version has just been rendered into French, to facilitate clinical use and research in Francophone countries...
- Bipolar disorders and quality of life: the impact of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and substance abuse in euthymic patientsOthman Sentissi
INSERM, U796, 2 ter rue d Alesia, Paris 75014, France
Psychiatry Res 161:36-42. 2008..This is the first step towards improved screening for comorbidities and an understanding of their crucial role in the prognosis of the disorder, as well as in defining new multilevel therapeutic strategies...
- The role of the cerebellum in schizophrenia: an update of clinical, cognitive, and functional evidencesHernàn Picard
INSERM U796, Pathophysiology of Psychiatric Diseases, University Paris Descartes, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France
Schizophr Bull 34:155-72. 2008..Functional models of the cerebellum are proposed as a background for interpreting these results...
- Specific pattern of attentional changes in impulsive individualsFranck J Baylé
Universite Paris V, Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 11:452-64. 2006..Although impulsivity is recognised as a major psychopathological feature, its cognitive correlates remain controversial. We evaluated readiness to act induced by a warning signal and attentional engagement in healthy impulsive participants...
- Cortex morphology in first-episode psychosis patients with neurological soft signsOlivier Gay
INSERM U894, Centre de Psychiatrie and Neurosciences, Paris, France
Schizophr Bull 39:820-9. 2013..These findings provide evidence of distinct neurodevelopmental pathways in patients with NSS as compared with patients with nonsignificant NSS...
- Clozapine-induced serositis: review of its clinical features, pathophysiology and management strategiesFaycal Mouaffak
Center of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, INSERM U894
Clin Neuropharmacol 32:219-23. 2009....
- [Forensic psychiatry]Jean Pierre Olie
L Académie nationale de médecine, Service de Santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1, rue Cabanis 75014 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 192:381-9; discussion 389-91. 2008..Psychiatrists have a special duty to inform on advances and uncertainties in their field, in terms of diagnosis, prognosis and treatment...
- Milnacipran and venlafaxine at flexible doses (up to 200 mg/day) in the outpatient treatment of adults with moderate-to-severe major depressive disorder: a 24-week randomized, double-blind exploratory studyJean Pierre Olie
Service de Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 6:71-9. 2010..The overall safety/tolerability and efficacy profiles of milnacipran and venlafaxine administered at flexible dosages (up to 200 mg/day) were similar in the long term treatment of adults during episodes of MDD in an outpatient setting...
- [Mental pain: is it a symptom?]Raphael Gaillard
Hopital Sainte Anne, 1, rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 194:567-78; discussion 578-81. 2010..Cognitive studies have shown that the neurological substrate of physical pain is also activated by mental pain. Mental pain is associated with a risk of suicide and can be improved by analgesics, including opiates and ketamine...
- Leptin and ghrelin levels in patients with schizophrenia during different antipsychotics treatment: a reviewOthman Sentissi
Hopital Sainte Anne, SHU Psychiatry, CH Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Schizophr Bull 34:1189-99. 2008..Finally, an objective evaluation of feeding behavior during antipsychotic treatment remains to be determined...
- Correlates between neurological soft signs and saccadic parameters in schizophreniaHernàn J Picard
INSERM, Laboratoire de Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, Centre Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, U894, Paris, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:676-81. 2009..Neurological Soft Signs (NSS) and impairments in oculomotor saccadic paradigms are both frequent in patients with schizophrenia but their correlation has never been explored...
- Clinical profile of responders to buprenorphine as a substitution treatment in heroin addicts: results of a multicenter study of 73 patientsMarie France Poirier
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Hopital Sainte Anne, Faculte Cochin Port Royal, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:267-72. 2004..Only the MMPI D subscale was a psychological pattern correlated to a good response to substitution treatment. These findings are important to consider when making the decision to prescribe HDB substitution treatment in opiate addiction...
- [Student's use of illicit drugs: a survey in a preventive health service]Y Morvan
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM, Centre Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, U894, Paris, France
Encephale 35:S202-8. 2009....
- [Maintenance electroconvulsive therapy and treatment of refractory schizophrenia]M Levy-Rueff
INSERM, U796, Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, faculté Paris Descartes, Universite Paris Descartes, 7, rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Encephale 34:526-33. 2008..It is ineffective on bewilderment, somatic complaints and negative symptoms...
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene variants association with age at onset and therapeutic response in schizophreniaM O Krebs
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory UPRES EA 2501, University of Paris V, Sainte Anne Hospital, France
Mol Psychiatry 5:558-62. 2000..These results suggest an independent contribution of each gene to a treatment-sensitive form of schizophrenia...