Affiliation: Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Dopamine and the regulation of cognition and attentionAndré Nieoullon
Neurobiology Unit at the CNRS, Universite de la Mediterranee, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Prog Neurobiol 67:53-83. 2002..All together, it can be suggested that a correlation exists between DA innervation and expression of cognitive capacities. Altering the dopaminergic transmission could, therefore, contribute to cognitive impairment...
- Dopamine: a key regulator to adapt action, emotion, motivation and cognitionAndré Nieoullon
Neurobiology Unit, CNRS, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Curr Opin Neurol 16:S3-9. 2003..Therefore, to normalize dopamine transmission pharmacologically could actually improve the cognitive and limbic deficits during normal aging, as it does in psychiatric and neurological disorders...
- Importance of astrocytic inactivation of synaptically released glutamate for cell survival in the central nervous system--are astrocytes vulnerable to low intracellular glutamate concentrations?Laurence Had-Aissouni
LNCF, CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, F 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Physiol Paris 96:317-22. 2002..The consequences for the other cell types of the central nervous system are discussed in terms of neuron dependency on astrocytes for glutathione synthesis and therefore oxidative stress protection...
- The neuronal excitatory amino acid transporter EAAC1/EAAT3: does it represent a major actor at the brain excitatory synapse?André Nieoullon
IBDML IC2N, UMR 6216 CNRS, Universite de la Mediterranee, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, Marseille, France
J Neurochem 98:1007-18. 2006....
- Preferential vulnerability of mesencephalic dopamine neurons to glutamate transporter dysfunctionImane Nafia
Equipe Interactions Cellulaires, Neurodégénérescence et Neuroplasticité, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, UMR6216 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
J Neurochem 105:484-96. 2008....
- Enhancement of L-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase activity and circulating ketone body levels by pantethine. Relevance to dopaminergic injuryEmilie Cornille
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie, UMR CNRS 6184, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13015 Marseille, France
BMC Neurosci 11:51. 2010..Since the active moiety of CoA is pantetheine, mice were treated with pantethine, its naturally-occurring form. Pantethine has the advantage of being known as an anti-inflammatory and hypolipidemic agent with very few side effects...
- Importance of circadian rhythmicity in the cholinergic treatment of Alzheimer's disease: focus on galantamine*André Nieoullon
Universite de la Mediterranee, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, Marseille, France
Curr Med Res Opin 24:3357-67. 2008..CONCLUSIONS: The pharmacokinetic properties of cholinesterase inhibitors may need to be taken into account to avoid interference with sleep architecture and to achieve optimum benefits from treatment on cognitive processes...