Affiliation: Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre
- Skin absorption and metabolism of a new vitamin E prodrug, delta-tocopherol-glucoside: in vitro evaluation in human skin modelsAlain Mavon
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique Cutanée, Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, 31320 Vigoulet Auzil, France
J Control Release 100:221-31. 2004....
- In vitro percutaneous absorption and in vivo stratum corneum distribution of an organic and a mineral sunscreenA Mavon
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique Cutanée, Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Castanet Tolosan, France
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 20:10-20. 2007..This combination represents a well-adapted method for testing the safety of topically applied sunscreen formulations in real-life conditions...
- Slow internal release of bioactive compounds under the effect of skin enzymesDaniel Redoules
Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Toulouse Cedex, France
J Invest Dermatol 125:270-7. 2005..One of the advantages of this strategy lies in the slow release of the bioactive compound, extending in time its effect and most likely its tolerance, as is the case for retinoic acid...
- Comparative analysis of solar radiation-induced cellular damage between ex vivo porcine skin organ culture and in vitro reconstructed human epidermisD Bacqueville
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique Cutanée, Centre de Recherche et Développement Pierre Fabre Dermo cosmétique, 31320 Vigoulet Auzil, France
Int J Cosmet Sci 31:293-302. 2009..Thus, both RHE and ex vivo pig skin organ culture models are complementary tools in the assessment of SSR-induced DNA damage and apoptosis, and they may be used to evaluate the photoprotective capacity of cosmetic formulations...
- Caspase-3 activation and DNA damage in pig skin organ culture after solar irradiationDaniel Bacqueville
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique Cutanée, Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Vigoulet Auzil, France
Photochem Photobiol 84:1164-71. 2008..Thus, the ex vivo pig ear skin culture may be a useful tool in the assessment of solar radiation-induced DNA damage and apoptosis, and for evaluating the efficacy of sunscreen formulations...
- Assessment of the skin photoprotective capacities of an organo-mineral broad-spectrum sunblock on two ex vivo skin modelsChristelle Gélis
Laboratoire des IMRCP, UMR 5623 au CNRS, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 19:242-53. 2003..Furthermore, our data support the fact that hairless rat skin and in vitro reconstructed human epidermis are a reliable basis for the evaluation of the photoprotective capacities of various sunscreens against UVB and UVA damage...
- Modifications of in vitro skin penetration under solar irradiation: evaluation on flow-through diffusion cellsChristelle Gélis
Laboratoire des IMRCP, UMR 5623 au CNRS, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Photochem Photobiol 75:598-604. 2002..Moreover, the flux of 14C caffeine increased rapidly by 338% of the absorption of water 12 h after irradiation. These results reveal the presence of a threshold UV exposure that would not modify skin penetration...
- The contribution of calpains in the down-regulation of Mdm2 and p53 proteolysis in reconstructed human epidermis in response to solar irradiationChristelle Gélis
Laboratoire des IMRCP, UMR 5623 au CNRS, Universite Paul Sabatier, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
Photochem Photobiol 81:975-82. 2005..All of these processes may be involved in the apoptotic response of the skin to UV stimulation...