Jean Louis Mas
Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Sainte-Anne
- Endarterectomy versus stenting in patients with symptomatic severe carotid stenosisJean Louis Mas
Hôpitaux Sainte Anne, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:1660-71. 2006..Carotid stenting is less invasive than endarterectomy, but it is unclear whether it is as safe in patients with symptomatic carotid-artery stenosis...
- Endarterectomy Versus Angioplasty in Patients with Symptomatic Severe Carotid Stenosis (EVA-3S) trial: results up to 4 years from a randomised, multicentre trialJean Louis Mas
Hôpitaux Sainte Anne, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 7:885-92. 2008..We now report the results up to 4 years...
- [Internal carotid artery revascularization]Jean Louis Mas
Departamento de Neurología y Unidad de Accidentes Cerebrovasculares, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Rev Esp Cardiol 60:861-71. 2007..In those who are not good surgical candidates, carotid stenting might be equivalent to surgery, but whether or not any form of carotid revascularization is superior to medical treatment alone remains unknown...
- Atherothrombosis: management of patients at riskJ L Mas
Head of Neurology department and Stroke Unit, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Int J Clin Pract 59:407-14. 2005..Studies have shown that antihypertensives, statins and antithrombotic agents are the most successful agents in reducing vascular risk and avoiding unpredictable and life-threatening atherothrombotic events...
- [Treating ischemic stroke as an emergency to prevent cerebral infarction or limit its spread]Jean Louis Mas
Service de neurologie et unité neurovasculaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 75674 Paris 14
Rev Prat 56:1407-8. 2006
- Impact of carotid endarterectomy on medical secondary prevention after a stroke or a transient ischemic attack: results from the Reduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) registryEmmanuel Touze
Faculté de Médecine René Descartes, Universite Paris 5, EA 4055, Department of Neurology, Paris, France
Stroke 37:2880-5. 2006..Whether a history of carotid endarterectomy influences patient compliance with medical treatments and physician attitude toward treatments after ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) is not well known...
- Clot burden score on admission T2*-MRI predicts recanalization in acute strokeLaurence Legrand
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, INSERM S894, Paris, France
Stroke 44:1878-84. 2013..5 hours from onset...
- Management and outcome of patients with transient ischemic attack admitted to a stroke unitDavid Calvet
Faculté de Médecine René Descartes, Universite Paris 5, EA 4055, Paris, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:80-5. 2007..We assessed to what extent rapid management of TIA patients admitted to a stroke unit led to specific treatments which can prevent stroke and evaluated the early risk and predictors of stroke in these patients...
- Anatomical and technical factors associated with stroke or death during carotid angioplasty and stenting: results from the endarterectomy versus angioplasty in patients with symptomatic severe carotid stenosis (EVA-3S) trial and systematic reviewOlivier Naggara
Universite Paris Descartes, Inserm UMR 894, Department of Neurology, Hopital Sainte Anne, 75014 Paris, France
Stroke 42:380-8. 2011....
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging-DRAGON score: 3-month outcome prediction after intravenous thrombolysis for anterior circulation strokeGuillaume Turc
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Stroke 44:1323-8. 2013..We adapted the score for patients undergoing MRI as the first-line diagnostic tool...
- Risk of myocardial infarction and vascular death after transient ischemic attack and ischemic stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysisEmmanuel Touze
Department of Neurology, Hopital Sainte Anne, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris Cedex 14
Stroke 36:2748-55. 2005..Absolute annual risks were estimated through weighted meta-regressions with a random effect. To test the predictions of expected event rates derived from our analysis, we used individual patient data...
- Mechanism of ischemic infarct in spontaneous cervical artery dissectionAudrey Morel
Neuroradiology, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Stroke 43:1354-61. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify the most likely mechanism of stroke using cervical and cerebral imaging parameters in patients with CAD...
- Can DWI-ASPECTS substitute for lesion volume in acute stroke?Constance de Margerie-Mellon
From the Departments of Radiology C d M M, M T, O N, L L, J F M, C O and Neurology G T, D C, J L M, J C B, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, INSERM S894, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Stroke 44:3565-7. 2013..However, estimating diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) lesion volume (VolDWI) in the acute setting may be cumbersome. We aimed to determine whether the DWI-Alberta Stroke Program Early CT Score (DWI-ASPECTS) can substitute for VolDWI...
- Systematic review of the perioperative risks of stroke or death after carotid angioplasty and stentingEmmanuel Touze
Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U894, Hopital Sainte Anne, Service de Neurologie, Paris, France
Stroke 40:e683-93. 2009..However, risk factors for perioperative stroke and death have not been clearly established. We aimed to estimate the 30-day absolute risks of stroke or death after CAS and investigate sources of heterogeneity...
- Cardiovascular risk factor control and outcomes in peripheral artery disease patients in the Reduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) RegistryPatrice P Cacoub
Pierre and Marie Curie University Paris 6, and AP HP, Hospital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Atherosclerosis 204:e86-92. 2009..To examine differences in risk factor (RF) management between peripheral artery disease (PAD) and coronary artery (CAD) or cerebrovascular disease (CVD), as well as the impact of RF control on major 1-year cardiovascular (CV) event rates...
- Carotid stentingEmmanuel Touze
Rene Descartes University, Department of Neurology and Stroke Unit, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 21:56-63. 2008..We reviewed evidence on carotid angioplasty and stenting in carotid stenosis...
- Evaluation of hyperintense vessels on FLAIR MRI for the diagnosis of multiple intracerebral arterial stenosesDaniela Iancu-Gontard
Department of Neuroradiology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Stroke 34:1886-91. 2003..We sought to determine whether HVS was more frequent in patients with intracerebral arterial stenoses than in those without stenosis regardless of the presence of a brain infarct...
- Prognosis of cervical artery dissectionEmmanuel Touze
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Front Neurol Neurosci 20:129-39. 2005..4% but seems to be higher within the first month and some recurrences are asymptomatic. Patients with connective tissue disease or familial history of CAD have an increased risk of CAD recurrence, but other risk factors remain unknown...
- Stroke occurrence and patterns are not influenced by the degree of stenosis in cervical artery dissectionOlivier Naggara
Neuroradiology, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Stroke 43:1150-2. 2012..In stroke attributable to spontaneous dissection of the cervical artery, it is unclear whether the occurrence and pattern of stroke depend on the degree of stenosis...
- Antithrombotic management after an ischemic stroke in French primary care practice: results from three pooled cross-sectional studiesEmmanuel Touze
Department of Neurology, Hopital Sainte Anne, René Descartes, Paris, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:78-84. 2005..We aimed at quantifying and explaining the underuse of antithrombotic treatments after an ischemic stroke in patients seen in French primary care...
- Prevalence of asymptomatic coronary artery disease in ischemic stroke patients: the PRECORIS studyDavid Calvet
Department of Neurology, Centre HospitalierSainte Anne, Paris Descartes University, Centre de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences INSERM UMR 894, Paris, France
Circulation 121:1623-9. 2010..We assessed the prevalence of >or=50% asymptomatic CAD in patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack and whether the prevalence is related to traditional vascular risk factors and cervicocephalic atherosclerosis...
- Carotid atherosclerosis and risk of subsequent coronary event in outpatients with atherothrombosisGaia Sirimarco
Department of Neurology and Stroke Center, AP HP, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, University of Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Stroke 44:373-9. 2013..We examined the association among carotid atherosclerosis, history of atherothrombotic events, and risk of coronary events...
- [Brain imaging patterns after stroke]Catherine Oppenheim
Universite Paris Descartes, Département d Imagerie Morphologique et Fonctionnelle, Paris
Rev Prat 56:1424-36. 2006..Three causes of ischemic stroke (cerebral venous thrombosis, aortic arch atheroma, patent foramen ovale) are detailed...
- Total mismatch in anterior circulation stroke patients before thrombolysisAnne Fustier
Inserm UMR 894, Department of Neuroradiology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
J Neuroradiol 40:158-63. 2013....
- Serial brain MRI in TIA patientsNicolas Carpentier
INSERM U894, Service d imagerie morphologique et fonctionnelle, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Universite Paris Descartes, 1 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
J Neuroradiol 39:137-41. 2012..Based on a population of TIA patients imaged twice with DWI within the first week after onset, our aim was to estimate the rate of patients with DWI reversible ischemic lesion or with delayed DWI positivity...
- Diffusion lesion reversal after thrombolysis: a MR correlate of early neurological improvementMarc Antoine Labeyrie
Department of Radiology, Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Centre de Psychiatrie et Neursciences, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Stroke 43:2986-91. 2012..We assessed the extent of reversible acute DWI lesions (RADs) and their relationships with clinical outcome in patients thrombolyzed≤4.5 hours from onset...
- MR imaging helps predict time from symptom onset in patients with acute stroke: implications for patients with unknown onset timeMina Petkova
Department of Radiology, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U894, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Radiology 257:782-92. 2010..To assess the value of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging parameters as surrogate markers of stroke duration...
- Metformin use and mortality among patients with diabetes and atherothrombosisRonan Roussel
INSERM, Department of Diabetology, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 170:1892-9. 2010..However, metformin is often not considered in patients with cardiovascular conditions because of concerns about its safety...
- Blood Pressure, smoking and oral contraceptive control after cryptogenic stroke in young adults in the PFO-ASA StudyCaroline Arquizan
Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:41-5. 2005....
- Stressful life events as triggers of ischemic stroke: a case-crossover studyVincent Guiraud
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR S894, Service de neurologie et unité neurovasculaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Int J Stroke 8:300-7. 2013..Acute stressors, such as stressful life events, might trigger ischemic stroke...
- Importance of in-hospital initiation of therapies and therapeutic inertia in secondary stroke prevention: IMplementation of Prevention After a Cerebrovascular evenT (IMPACT) StudyEmmanuel Touze
Universite Paris Descartes, EA 4055, Department of Neurology, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Stroke 39:1834-43. 2008..Many patients do not receive prevention consistent with recommendations after stroke, but the relative importance of patient- and physician-related factors is uncertain...
- T2* "susceptibility vessel sign" demonstrates clot location and length in acute ischemic strokeOlivier Naggara
Department of Neuroradiology, Universite Paris Descartes, Inserm UMR 894, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, Ile de France, France
PLoS ONE 8:e76727. 2013....
- Interobserver and intraobserver variability in detection of patent foramen ovale and atrial septal aneurysm with transesophageal echocardiographyLaure Cabanes
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:441-6. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess interobserver and intraobserver variability in the diagnosis of PFO and ASA with contrast echocardiography...
- High-resolution MR imaging of periarterial edema associated with biological inflammation in spontaneous carotid dissectionOlivier Naggara
Department of Neuroradiology, Paris Descartes University, EA 4055, INSERM U894, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, Paris 75014, France
Eur Radiol 19:2255-60. 2009..5-50.1], p = 0.002) values. Interobserver agreement was 0.84 or higher for PAE identification. sCAD was associated with PAE and biological inflammation. Our results support the hypothesis of an underlying arterial inflammation in sCAD...
- High-resolution MR imaging of the cervical arterial wall: what the radiologist needs to knowCatherine Oppenheim
Department of Imaging, Universite Paris Descartes, EA 4055, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 1, rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Radiographics 29:1413-31. 2009..Finally, the role of high-resolution MR imaging in the diagnosis of cervical dissection and inflammatory disease of the arterial wall is emphasized...
- Reproducibility of high-resolution MRI for the identification and the quantification of carotid atherosclerotic plaque components: consequences for prognosis studies and therapeutic trialsEmmanuel Touze
Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris Cedex 14, France
Stroke 38:1812-9. 2007..We assessed the reproducibility of MRI for the identification and quantification of carotid atherosclerotic plaque components...
- Comparison of five MR sequences for the detection of acute intracranial hemorrhageCatherine Oppenheim
Department of Neuroradiology, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris V University, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:388-94. 2005..To evaluate the respective value of 5 MR sequences to distinguish between stroke patients with and without acute intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- [Adding aspirin to clopidogrel in secondary prevention of ischemic stroke: no significant benefits. Results of the Match study]David Calvet
Service de Neurologie, Hôpital Sainte Anne et Université Paris V René Descartes
Presse Med 35:679-82. 2006..3%; 95%CI, 1.3 to 2.6; p<0.001). Recruitment that began too late and an over-selected population, with overrepresentation of patients with diabetes and small vessel disease in particular, may partly explain these negative results...
- Do transient ischemic attacks with diffusion-weighted imaging abnormalities correspond to brain infarctions?C Oppenheim
Department of Neuroradiology, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1782-7. 2006..Our aim was to determine whether diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) changes associated with transient ischemic attack (TIA) are reversible or correspond to permanent tissue injury...
- Predicting Asymptomatic Coronary Artery Diseasein Patients With Ischemic Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack: The PRECORIS ScoreDavid Calvet
From Paris Descartes University, Centre de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences INSERM UMR 894, Paris, France D C, G T, J L M Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France D C, G T, J L M Departments of Neurology D S, J Y, J H H and Radiology B W C, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea and Department of Radiology, Centre Cardiolique du Nord, Saint Denis, France J L S
Stroke 45:82-6. 2014..Identifying occult coronary artery stenosis may improve secondary prevention of stroke patients. The aim of this study was to derive and validate a simple score to predict severe occult coronary artery stenosis in stroke patients...
- A clinical rule (sex, contralateral occlusion, age, and restenosis) to select patients for stenting versus carotid endarterectomy: systematic review of observational studies with validation in randomized trialsEmmanuel Touze
From the Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR S894, Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France E T, G M, J L M Université de Caen Basse Normandie, Inserm UMR S U919, Service de Neurologie, CHU Cote de Nacre, Caen, France E T French Cochrane Centre, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U738, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Centre d Epidemiologie Clinique, Paris, France L T Neurology Department, Hospital Santo Antonio, Centro Hospitalar do Porto, Largo Professor Abel Salazar, Porto, Portugal R F Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand K R Department of Neurology and Stroke Unit, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland L H B Department of Brain Repair and Rehabilitation, UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, UK L H B, M M B Department of Neurology
Stroke 44:3394-400. 2013..However, after the perioperative period, risk is similar with both treatments, suggesting that CAS could be an acceptable option in selected patients...
- Specifics of patent foramen ovaleJean Louis Mas
Department of Neurology, Paris V University, Department of Neurology, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris, France
Adv Neurol 92:197-202. 2003
- Increased stiffness of the carotid wall material in patients with spontaneous cervical artery dissectionDavid Calvet
Department of Pharmacology and INSERM EMI 0107, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Stroke 35:2078-82. 2004..The study aim was to determine the elastic properties of a cervical artery, the common carotid artery, and a distal muscular artery, the radial artery in sCAD patients...
- [Carotid stenosis in elderly patients]David Calvet
Service de neurologie et unité neurovasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Rev Prat 62:1234-8. 2012....
- Coronary risk stratification in patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic stroke attackEmmanuel Touze
Department of Neurology, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis 75674 Paris, Cedex 14, Cedex, France
Int J Stroke 2:177-83. 2007..However, few studies have specifically assessed the absolute risk of coronary events in those patients and predictors of such events are not well known...
- Reversible cerebral angiopathy: efficacy of nimodipineMathieu Zuber
Service de Neurologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674, Paris Cedex 14, France
J Neurol 253:1585-8. 2006..Most patients respond poorly to analgesics. We describe four patients with typical RCA whose headache rapidly disappeared after IV nimodipine treatment was initiated...
- One-year cardiovascular event rates in outpatients with atherothrombosisPh Gabriel Steg
Departement de Cardiologie, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
JAMA 297:1197-206. 2007....
- DWI lesions and TIA etiology improve the prediction of stroke after TIADavid Calvet
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Stroke 40:187-92. 2009..The ABCD(2) score has been shown to predict the early risk of stroke after transient ischemic attack (TIA). The additional predictive value of diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) and TIA etiology is not well known...
- Closure of patent foramen ovale in cryptogenic stroke: a never ending storyDavid Calvet
Paris Descartes University, Centre de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences INSERM UMR 894 and Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 27:13-9. 2014..This review discusses current evidence on patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure compared with medical therapy alone in the prevention of stroke recurrence in patients with a PFO-associated cryptogenic stroke...
- [Intracerebral haemorrhage in young adults]Loubna Majhadi
Service de neurologie et unité neurovasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Rev Prat 63:961-8. 2013..Survivors are left with severe disability in 20 % of cases. The risk of recurrence of ICH in young adults depends of the underlying cause...
- Leigh-like encephalopathy complicating Leber's hereditary optic neuropathyBenoit Funalot
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 52:374-7. 2002..This Leigh-like encephalopathy appears to be associated with a much more severe outcome than isolated Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy...
- Triggers of ischemic stroke: a systematic reviewVincent Guiraud
Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM UMR S894, Pole Raymond Garcin, Service de neurologie et unité neurovasculaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Stroke 41:2669-77. 2010..Several studies have suggested that exposure to "triggers," could precipitate the onset of ischemic stroke (IS). We performed a systematic review of the potential triggers of IS...
- [Diffusion tensor MRI of Wallerian degeneration: a case report]C Oppenheim
Département d Imagerie Morphologique et Fonctionnelle, Universite Paris V, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:670-2. 2003..This highlights the feasibility of diffusion tensor imaging on clinical MR units and its ability to quantify the degree of white matter tract destruction...
- Cerebral vasculopathy with aneurysm formation in HIV-infected young adultsM Kossorotoff
Department of Neurology, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Neurology 66:1121-2. 2006
- [Atherosclerosis of carotid and vertebrobasilar arteries: prognosis and therapy decision]Emmanuel Touze
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, 75014 Paris
Rev Prat 54:1083-92. 2004..New medical strategies and the advantages of angioplasty are currently under investigation...
- Stroke prevention and atrial fibrillation: reasons leading to an inappropriate management. Main results of the SAFE II studyDominique Deplanque
Department of Pharmacology, University of Lille, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:798-806. 2004..The aim of the Stroke and Atrial Fibrillation Ensemble (SAFE) II study was to identify the reasons underlying the under-utilization of oral anticoagulation (OAC) in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF)...
- A call for accurate phenotype definition in the study of complex disordersBenoit Funalot
Nat Genet 36:3; author reply 3-4. 2004
- [Atherosclerotic stenosis of the internal carotid arteries]Emmanuel Touze
Service de Neurologie, Unité Neurovasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris
Presse Med 36:166-75. 2007..The treatment decision requires consideration of individual factors to optimize the risk/benefit ratio...
- [Indications for revascularisation of a carotid stenosis]Didier Leys
Service de neurologie et pathologie neurovasculaire, CHU Hôpital Roger Salengro, Lille
Presse Med 33:1104-7. 2004....
- Comparison of cardiovascular risk factors and drug use in 14,544 French patients with a history of myocardial infarction, ischaemic stroke and/or peripheral arterial diseaseVanina Bongard
Department of Epidemiology, Toulouse University School of Medicine and INSERM U558, Toulouse, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 11:394-402. 2004..Atherothrombosis is a systemic disease affecting coronary, cerebral, and lower limb arteries, and requiring secondary prevention measures...
- Asymmetry of intracranial internal carotid artery on 3D TOF MR angiography: a sign of unilateral extracranial stenosisOlivier Naggara
Faculté de Médecine René Descartes, Université Paris 5 Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Department of Neuroradiology, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Eur Radiol 18:1038-42. 2008..This sign may allow an early detection of high-grade cervical carotid stenosis in stroke patients before dedicated neck imaging is performed...
- Safety of endovascular treatment of carotid artery stenosis compared with surgical treatment: a meta-analysisPeter A Ringleb
Department of Neurology, University Clinic of the Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 47:350-5. 2008..Therefore, it is justified to update these meta-analyses...
- Risk factor profile and management of cerebrovascular patients in the REACH RegistryJoachim Rother
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Minden, Hannover Medical School, Minden, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 25:366-74. 2008..We assessed these factors in 18,992 CVD patients within a worldwide registry of stable outpatients...
- Patients with prior myocardial infarction, stroke, or symptomatic peripheral arterial disease in the CHARISMA trialDeepak L Bhatt
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1982-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the possible benefit of dual antiplatelet therapy in patients with prior myocardial infarction (MI), ischemic stroke, or symptomatic peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Secondary prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: factors influencing the prescription of oral anticoagulation at dischargeDominique Deplanque
Department of Pharmacology, University of Lille II, Lille, France, and Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Hospital Santa Maria, Lisbon, Portugal
Cerebrovasc Dis 21:372-9. 2006..However, OAC is still underused, even at discharge from neurological centers. The objective of this study was to identify the reasons underlying the prescription of OAC at discharge after an ischemic stroke in patients with NVAF...
- Carotid angioplasty and stentingJean Louis Mas
Stroke 39:e19-20. 2008
- International prevalence, recognition, and treatment of cardiovascular risk factors in outpatients with atherothrombosisDeepak L Bhatt
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
JAMA 295:180-9. 2006..To date, no single international database has characterized the atherosclerosis risk factor profile or treatment intensity of individuals with atherothrombosis...
- Carotid endarterectomy versus stenting: an international perspectiveWerner Hacke
Stroke 37:344; author reply 344. 2006
- A global view of atherothrombosis: baseline characteristics in the Clopidogrel for High Atherothrombotic Risk and Ischemic Stabilization, Management, and Avoidance (CHARISMA) trialDeepak L Bhatt
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am Heart J 150:401. 2005..We sought to characterize the risk factors and treatments of a diverse contemporary population of patients with atherothrombosis...
- Clopidogrel and aspirin versus aspirin alone for the prevention of atherothrombotic eventsDeepak L Bhatt
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1706-17. 2006..Dual antiplatelet therapy with clopidogrel plus low-dose aspirin has not been studied in a broad population of patients at high risk for atherothrombotic events...
- [Pathology of carotid and vertebrobasilar arteries: how to limit brain ischemic accidents]Jean Louis Mas
Service de Neurologie, Unite Neuro Vasculaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 75679 Paris Cedex 14
Rev Prat 54:1060-1. 2004
- Stenting for carotid artery stenosisRolf Kern
Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 3:212-20. 2007..Two other randomized multicenter trials-ICSS and CREST-are ongoing. With an intended sample size of up to 7,000 patients, future meta-analyses will allow more-accurate treatment recommendations and subgroup analysis...
- The REduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) Registry: an international, prospective, observational investigation in subjects at risk for atherothrombotic events-study designE Magnus Ohman
Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 151:786.e1-10. 2006....
- Recent carotid stenting trialsJean Louis Mas
Lancet Neurol 6:295-6. 2007
- Overestimation of coronary risk in stroke patientsEmmanuel Touze
Stroke 38:e98; author reply e99. 2007
- Reversible angiopathy and encephalopathy after blood transfusionAmel Boughammoura
J Neurol 250:116-8. 2003
- Spontaneous intracerebral hematoma on diffusion-weighted images: influence of T2-shine-through and T2-blackout effectsStephane Silvera
Department of Neuroradiology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Universite Paris V, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:236-41. 2005..Our aim was to evaluate the contribution of the T2 signal intensity and apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) changes to signal intensity displayed by DW imaging through the course of hematoma...