- Outbreak of leptospirosis among canyoning participants, Martinique, 2011
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Unit, Fort de France University Hospital, Martinique, France
Euro Surveill 18:20472. 2013
..Participants in such events should be made specifically aware of the risk of leptospirosis, particularly during periods of heavy rainfall and flooding...
- Bacteremia caused by Aeromonas species [corrected] complex in the Caribbean Islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe
Department of Infectious and Tropical Disease, Fort de France Teaching Hospital, Martinique, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:1123-7. 2010
..During hospitalization 10 patients died (27%). Older age, occurrence of multiorgan failure, and impaired renal function were associated with in-hospital mortality...
- Outbreak of leptospirosis after a race in the tropical forest of Martinique
Department of Infectious and Tropical Disease and Department of Bacteriology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Fort de France, Fort de France, Martinique, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:621-6. 2011
..Rapid diagnostic assays such as PCR are particularly appropriate in this setting for early diagnosis and for formulating public health recommendations...
- Human infection with Shewanella putrefaciens and S. algae: report of 16 cases in Martinique and review of the literature
Department of Tropical and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Fort de France, Fort de France, Martinique
Am J Trop Med Hyg 89:151-6. 2013
..Death occurred in 13% of the patients. Most Shewanella spp. isolates are susceptible to cefotaxime (95%), piperacillin and tazobactam (98%), gentamicin (99%), and ciprofloxacin (94%)...
- Clinical and microbiologic characteristics of children treated at the Fort de France university hospital after the 2010 Haiti earthquake
Service d Anesthésie, hôpital Saint Luc Saint Joseph, Lyon, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:568-9. 2013
..Bacteria were mainly Gram-negative bacteria. Some of these infections seemed to be environmental; a significant portion was related to acquisition during hospitalization. ..
- Reemergence of syphilis in Martinique, 2001-2008
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Fort de France, 97200 Fort de France, Martinique, French West Indies
Emerg Infect Dis 16:106-9. 2010
..As of October 31, 2009, this outbreak had not yet been brought under control. It initially affected mainly men who had sex with men before it spread to heterosexual persons, minority group members, and crack cocaine users...
- Predictors of severe manifestations in a cohort of adult dengue patients
Service des Urgences, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 97200 Fort de France, Martinique, France
J Clin Virol 48:96-9. 2010
..Key symptoms observed during the febrile phase of dengue may identify patients who are likely to progress to severe disease...
- Management of travelers with fever and exanthema, notably dengue and chikungunya infections
Department of Infectious and Tropical Disease, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:710-3. 2008
..Travelers presenting with febrile exanthema should therefore be screened for arboviral infections according to the area visited...