Marc Antoine Custaud
Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire
- Low-magnitude whole body vibration with resistive exercise as a countermeasure against cardiovascular deconditioning after 60 days of head-down bed restMickael Coupé
UMR CNRS 6214 Inserm 771, Faculté de Médecine d Angers, Angers, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 301:R1748-54. 2011..The underlying mechanisms remain hypothetical but might involve cutaneous and muscular mechanoreceptors...
- [Regulation of blood volume during weightlessness simulation of long duration]Marc Antoine Custaud
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre national de la recherche scientifique UMR CNRS 6188, Rue Haute de Reculee, 49045 Angers cedex 01, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 83:1147-53. 2005..It suggests that in man, the main regulatory factor for ADH secretion is osmolality, when PV is modestly and progressively decreased without arterial pressure modification, which was the case in the present protocol...
- Involvement of angiotensin II in the remodeling induced by a chronic decrease in blood flow in rat mesenteric resistance arteriesCeline Baron-Menguy
INSERM U771, Angers, France
Hypertens Res 33:857-66. 2010..These findings might be of importance in the treatment of vascular disorders...
- Skin vascular resistance in the standing position increases significantly after 7 days of dry immersionNastassia M Navasiolava
CNRS UMR INSERM U, Faculté de Médecine d Angers, France
Auton Neurosci 160:64-8. 2011....
- WISE 2005: chronic bed rest impairs microcirculatory endothelium in womenClaire Demiot
CHU d Angers, Centre de Recherche Clinique, Angers, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3159-64. 2007..We therefore conclude that the endothelium should be a target for countermeasures during periods of prolonged deconditioning...
- Blood volume measurement: The comparison of pulse dye densitometry and Dill and Costill's methodsEric Belin de Chantemele
Laboratoire de Physiologie, UMR CNRS 6188, Faculté de Médecine d Angers, Rue Haute de Reculee, 49045 Angers Cedex, France
Life Sci 78:1564-9. 2006..27). The DDG gives a good repeatability, not affected by the microgravity exposure. Thanks to its capacity to measure accurately the BV within 7-10 min, this device presents major advantages for clinical use and research purpose...
- Increased hydration alone does not improve orthostatic tolerance in patients with neurocardiogenic syncopeElisabeth Bellard
Laboratoire de Physiology, UMR CNRS 6214 Inserm 771, Faculté de Médecine d Angers rue Haute de Reculée, Angers, France
Clin Auton Res 17:99-105. 2007..Moreover in this patient group there was no association between a low plasma volume and a reduced tolerance to orthostatic stress...
- Role of angiotensin II in the remodeling induced by a chronic increase in flow in rat mesenteric resistance arteriesMaud Cousin
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 6214, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U771, Universite d Angers, Angers, France
Hypertension 55:109-15. 2010..Thus, a chronic rise in blood flow in resistance arteries induces a diameter enlargement involving NO and superoxide, whereas hypertrophy was associated with extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation by angiotensin II...
- Hormonal changes during 17 days of head-down bed-restMarc Antoine Custaud
Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Environnement GIP exercice, Faculte de Medecine Lyon Grange Blanche, 8 avenue Rockefeller, F 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Life Sci 72:1001-14. 2003..A decrease during the night was noted for normetadrenaline urinary derivates, but only during the HDBR...
- Does resistance exercise prevent body fluid changes after a 90-day bed rest?Eric Belin de Chantemele
Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Environnement, Faculte de Medecine, Lyon Grange Blanche, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373, Lyon, Cedex 08, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 92:555-64. 2004..g. LBNP) might be a better countermeasure...
- Orthostatic tolerance and spontaneous baroreflex sensitivity in men versus women after 7 days of head-down bed restMarc Antoine Custaud
Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Environnement, Lyon, France
Auton Neurosci 100:66-76. 2002..The time frequency method we developed to study changes in spontaneous baroreflex might be applied to the analysis of LBNP tests...
- Effect of centrifuge-induced artificial gravity and ergometric exercise on cardiovascular deconditioning, myatrophy, and osteoporosis induced by a -6 degrees head-down bedrestSatoshi Iwase
Dept. Physiol. II, Aichi Med. Univ, Aichi, Japan
J Gravit Physiol 11:P243-4. 2004..The combination of high/low G-load with low/high intensity exercise will determine the optimal protocol for prevention of cardiovascular deconditioning, myatrophy, and osteoporosis...
- WISE-2005: adrenergic responses of women following 56-days, 6 degrees head-down bed rest with or without exercise countermeasuresHeather Edgell
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, Rm 3116, Burt Matthews Hall, Univ of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G1
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2343-52. 2007..The reduced peripheral vascular resistance after HDBR might help to explain orthostatic intolerance in women. Exercise was an effective countermeasure to the HDBR effects...
- Calf venous volume during stand-test after a 90-day bed-rest study with or without exercise countermeasureEric Belin de Chantemele
Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Environnement, Faculte de Medecine Lyon Grange Blanche, Lyon, France
J Physiol 561:611-22. 2004..It also showed that a combined eccentric-concentric resistance exercise countermeasure had no effects on either post-HDT OI or on the venous parameters related to it...
- Changes in intraocular pressure during prolonged (7-day) head-down tilt bedrestChristophe Chiquet
Department of Ophthalmology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Claude-Bernard Lyon 1 University, Lyon, France
J Glaucoma 12:204-8. 2003..3 mm Hg. These physiological modifications could be related to an ocular dehydration or to systemic cardiovascular and hormonal variations during bedrest...
- [Orthostatic tolerance after spaceflight or simulated weightlessness by head-down bed-rest]Claude Gharib
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Faculte de Medecine Lyon Grange Blanche, Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Environnement, 8 avenue Rockefeller 69373 Lyon
Bull Acad Natl Med 186:733-46; discussion 747-9. 2002..However the mechanisms are different even if they have a common postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). The spaceflight duration was not determinant and we have no indice to predict OI which was one of the aims of the study...