Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal
- Multicenter prospective study of children with sickle cell disease: radiographic and psychometric correlationF Bernaudin
Department of Pediatrics, Hopital Intercommunal de Creteil, France
J Child Neurol 15:333-43. 2000..The effect of hydroxyurea, which is known to increase hematocrit and decrease platelet count, on cognitive functioning of sickle cell patients should be evaluated prospectively...
- Impact of early transcranial Doppler screening and intensive therapy on cerebral vasculopathy outcome in a newborn sickle cell anemia cohortFrancoise Bernaudin
Pediatrics, Referral Center for Sickle Cell Disease, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal of Créteil, 40 avenue de Verdun, Creteil, France
Blood 117:1130-40; quiz 1436. 2011..9%. In contrast, the 50% cumulative cerebral risk suggests the need for more preventive intervention...
- [Hematopoietic stem cell graft: cure for sickle cell anemia?]Francoise Bernaudin
Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil
Rev Prat 54:1565-7. 2004
- Long-term follow-up of pediatric sickle cell disease patients with abnormal high velocities on transcranial DopplerFrancoise Bernaudin
Department of Pediatrics, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, 40 avenue de Verdun, 94010, Creteil Cedex, France
Pediatr Radiol 35:242-8. 2005..Multicenter studies comparing HU therapy to long-term transfusion might help identify which patients can avoid transfusion and its complications while avoiding vasculopathy...
- Long-term results of related myeloablative stem-cell transplantation to cure sickle cell diseaseFrancoise Bernaudin
Reference Center for Sickle Cell Disease, Intercommunal Hospital, Creteil, France
Blood 110:2749-56. 2007..3%. These results indicate that HLA-identical sibling HSCT after myeloablative conditioning with ATG should be considered as a standard of care for SCD children who are at high risk for stroke...
- [Stem cell transplantation in sickle cell disease: results, perspectives]F Bernaudin
Hôpital de Jour Pédiatrie, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil, 40 avenue de Verdun, 94010 Creteil
Arch Pediatr 15:633-5. 2008
- G6PD deficiency, absence of alpha-thalassemia, and hemolytic rate at baseline are significant independent risk factors for abnormally high cerebral velocities in patients with sickle cell anemiaFrancoise Bernaudin
Reference Center for Sickle Cell Disease, Department of Pediatrics, Intercommunal Créteil Hospital, Creteil, France
Blood 112:4314-7. 2008..This study confirms the protective effect of alpha-thalassemia and shows for the first time that G6PD deficiency and hemolysis independently increase the risk of cerebral vasculopathy...
- Chronic and acute anemia and extracranial internal carotid stenosis are risk factors for silent cerebral infarcts in sickle cell anemiaFrancoise Bernaudin
Referral Center for Sickle Cell Disease, Department of Pediatrics, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, Creteil, University Paris XII, France
Blood 125:1653-61. 2015..004). Furthermore, we show that AAE rate (odds ratio, 2.64 per unit increase; 95% CI, 1.09-6.38; P = .031) and isolated eICA stenosis (odds ratio, 3.19; 95% CI, 1.18-8.70; P = .023) are significant and independent risk factors for SCI. ..
- Leukocytosis is a risk factor for lung function deterioration in children with sickle cell diseaseClément Tassel
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, 40 avenue de Verdun, 94000 Creteil, France
Respir Med 105:788-95. 2011..The decline in lung volumes associated with sickle cell disease (SCD) may begin in childhood. Risk factors for early restrictive lung disease may include SCD severity markers such as leukocytosis...