Affiliation: Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Building anticipatory postural adjustment during childhood: a kinematic and electromyographic analysis of unloading in children from 4 to 8 years of ageChristina Schmitz
Laboratoire Développement et Pathologie du Mouvement, CNRS 31, Chemin J Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Exp Brain Res 142:354-64. 2002..Moreover, these results suggest that the internal representation of the consequences of unloading on the forearm stabilisation, underlying anticipatory function during a bimanual co-ordination task, slowly build up during childhood...
- Development of postural control in healthy children: a functional approachChristine Assaiante
DPA Group, UMR 6196, CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier 13402 Marseille, France
Neural Plast 12:109-18; discussion 263-72. 2005....
- Updating process of internal model of action as assessed from motor and postural strategies in young adultsChristine Assaiante
DPA Group, UMR 6149, CNRS Université de Provence, Equipe Développement et Pathologie de l Action, Pôle 3C Laboratoire Neurosciences Intégratives and Adaptatives, Marseille, France
Hum Mov Sci 30:227-37. 2011..To conclude, young adults were able to immediately update their internal model of action in order to optimize motor control and vertical body orientation...
- Locomotor skills and balance strategies in children with internal rotations of the lower limbsSophie Mallau
DPA, CNRS, UMR 6196, 31 Chemin J Aiguier, 13402 Marseille, Cedex 20, France
J Orthop Res 26:117-25. 2008....
- Locomotor skills and balance strategies in adolescents idiopathic scoliosisSophie Mallau
DPA, CNRS, UMR 6196, Marseille, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E14-22. 2007..Locomotor balance control assessment was performed to study the effect of idiopathic scoliosis on head-trunk coordination in 17 patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS) and 16 control subjects...
- Developmental sequence in the acquisition of anticipation during a new co-ordination in a bimanual load-lifting task in childrenChristina Schmitz
Laboratoire Développement et Pathologie du Mouvement, CNRS, 31, Chemin J Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Neurosci Lett 330:215-8. 2002..The improvement occurring at the age of 7 years probably indicates maturation of internal representations, favourable to the faster setting up of operational anticipated control...
- Boosted activation of right inferior frontoparietal network: a basis for illusory movement awarenessFabien Cignetti
Aix Marseille Universite, CNRS, LNC UMR, 7291, Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, CNRS, FR, 3512, Marseille, France
Hum Brain Mapp 35:5166-78. 2014..This is consistent with the global neuronal workspace hypothesis that associates conscious processing with surges of frontoparietal activity...
- From egocentric to exocentric spatial orientation: development of posture control in bimanual and trunk inclination tasksMaria Nida Roncesvalles
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, USA
J Mot Behav 37:404-16. 2005..Echoing previous reports, 7-9 years of age appears to be a critical period in which children master postural control and develop an internal representation of body scheme...
- Motor control and children with autism: deficit of anticipatory function?Christina Schmitz
Institut de Neurosciences Physiologiques et Cognitives CNRS, 31 Chemin J Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Neurosci Lett 348:17-20. 2003..Impairments in both the building of internal representations and the mastering of timing parameters, could explain the deficient postural anticipation reported in children with autism...
- Developmental changes in compensatory responses to unexpected resistance of leg lift during gait initiationMarjorie Woollacott
Department of Exercise and Movement Science, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Exp Brain Res 144:385-96. 2002....
- Sequential activation of axial muscles during different forms of rhythmic behavior in manMathieu de Seze
Universite Bordeaux 2, CNRS UMR 5227, Zone nord Bat 2, 2e etage, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Exp Brain Res 185:237-47. 2008..Such an organization could support the dynamic control of posture by ensuring fluent movement during locomotion...
- Bipedal locomotion: toward unified concepts in robotics and neuroscienceChristine Azevedo
INRIA Sophia Antipolis LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34092 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Biol Cybern 96:209-28. 2007..Conversely, biological knowledge of human posture and gait can inspire biped robot design and control. Therefore, both neuroscientists and roboticists should find useful information in this paper...