- Statin and aspirin for prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma: what are the levels of evidence?Fabrice Carrat
Epidemiology of influenza and viral hepatitis risk, prognosis and therapeutic options, UMR S 1136, INSERM and UPMC, Paris 06, Public Health Department, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France Electronic address
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 38:9-11. 2014..The effect of aspirin was concentrated to adenocarcinomas. More convincing evidence is needed to support the potential preventive effect of aspirin on HCC, but a clinical trial would be achievable in patients who are at high risk. ..
- The influenza A (H1N1) pandemic in Reunion Island: knowledge, perceived risk and precautionary behaviourFrançois Taglioni
University of Reunion Island, BP 7151, Saint Denis cedex 9, Reunion Island, 97715, France
BMC Infect Dis 13:34. 2013..As no H1N1 vaccination was available at the time, non-medical interventions appeared of crucial importance to the control of the epidemic...
- Effect of oseltamivir, zanamivir or oseltamivir-zanamivir combination treatments on transmission of influenza in householdsFabrice Carrat
APHP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Unité de santé publique, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 17:1085-90. 2012..The effectiveness of neuraminidase inhibitors to reduce transmission when used as treatment in influenza-infected patients remains debated...
- Risk perception and priority setting for intervention among hepatitis C virus and environmental risks: a cross-sectional survey in the Cairo communityMichael Schwarzinger
INSERM UMR_S 707, and UPMC, Univ Paris 06, F 75012 Paris, France
BMC Public Health 10:773. 2010..However, dramatic healthcare budget constraints limit access to the costly treatment. We assessed risk perception and priority setting for intervention among HCV, unsafe water, and outdoor air pollution in Cairo city...
- A virologic survey of patients admitted to a critical care unit for acute cardiorespiratory failureFabrice Carrat
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est et Ouest, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 32:156-9. 2006..To document the prevalence of respiratory virus infections in patients with chronic cardiac or pulmonary disorders admitted to a critical care unit for acute cardiorespiratory failure...
- Repeated influenza vaccination of healthy children and adults: borrow now, pay later?F Carrat
Epidemiology and Information Sciences, U707, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Epidemiol Infect 134:63-70. 2006..2 (vaccination after 50 years) to 2.4 (vaccination from birth). These findings have important implications for influenza vaccination policies...
- A 'small-world-like' model for comparing interventions aimed at preventing and controlling influenza pandemicsFabrice Carrat
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, INSERM, UMR S 707, Paris F 75012, France
BMC Med 4:26. 2006..With an influenza pandemic seemingly imminent, we constructed a model simulating the spread of influenza within the community, in order to test the impact of various interventions...
- Serum alpha-fetoprotein predicts virologic response to hepatitis C treatment in HIV coinfected patientsFabrice Carrat
UPMC Paris6, UMR S707, INSERM, UMR S707, Saint Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 22:1513-5. 2008..83; 95% confidence interval 1.05-3.20). Serum alpha-fetoprotein measurement should be integrated in the pretreatment assessment of prognostic factors of a virologic response...
- Time lines of infection and disease in human influenza: a review of volunteer challenge studiesFabrice Carrat
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, UMR S 707, Paris, France
Am J Epidemiol 167:775-85. 2008....
- Influenza vaccine: the challenge of antigenic driftF Carrat
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, France INSERM, UMR S 707, Paris, France
Vaccine 25:6852-62. 2007..In addition to the use of vaccine adjuvants, emerging research areas include development of a universal vaccine and the use of vaccines that exploit mechanisms of cross-protective immunity...
- General practitioners' management of influenza with or without neuraminidase inhibitorsFabrice Carrat
INSERM U 707, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 6 et Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Eur J Gen Pract 13:157-9. 2007
- Spontaneous hepatic decompensation in patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virus during interferon-ribavirin combination treatmentFirouzé Bani-Sadr
INSERM U707, Faculte de Medecine Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 41:1806-9. 2005..02), and elevated total bilirubin level (OR, 7.9; 95% CI, 1.08-93.3; P<.03). Didanosine should thus not be given to patients with cirrhosis, particularly when treatments for HCV and HIV infections have to be administered concomitantly...
- Insulin resistance impairs sustained virological response rate to pegylated interferon plus ribavirin in HIV-hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients: HOMAVIC-ANRS HC02 StudyPatrice Cacoub
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:839-45. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of insulin resistance (IR) on the response to hepatitis C virus (HCV) therapy in HIV-HCV-coinfected patients...
- Pegylated interferon alfa-2b vs standard interferon alfa-2b, plus ribavirin, for chronic hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients: a randomized controlled trialFabrice Carrat
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U444, Paris, France
JAMA 292:2839-48. 2004..Most data on the virologic efficacy and safety of the combination of peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in coinfected patients come from uncontrolled studies...
- Low 25-OH vitamin D serum levels correlate with severe fibrosis in HIV-HCV co-infected patients with chronic hepatitisBenjamin Terrier
Department of Internal Medicine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Hepatol 55:756-61. 2011..Data are lacking in HIV-HCV coinfected patients...
- Hepatic steatosis in HIV-HCV coinfected patients: analysis of risk factorsFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM V707, Paris, France
AIDS 20:525-31. 2006..To evaluate the prevalence and severity of steatosis and possible interactions between steatosis, host factors, viral factors, and treatment for HIV infection in HIV-hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfected patients...
- High hepatitis C virus viral load in HIV/hepatitis C virus-co-infected patients: a different influence of protease inhibitor and non-protease inhibitor-based HAART?Firouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U707, Paris, France
AIDS 21:1645-8. 2007..Antiretroviral therapy in general was independently associated with lower HCV viral load. This suggests that HCV viral load kinetics could differ according to the choice of HAART regimen...
- How to measure the diagnostic accuracy of noninvasive liver fibrosis indices: the area under the ROC curve revisitedJerome Lambert
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris INSERM, UMR S 707 unité de santé publique, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Chem 54:1372-8. 2008..We explored other fibrosis staging accuracy measures designed for ordinal gold standards, the C-statistic and the Obuchowski measure...
- Current state of and needs for hepatitis B screening: results of a large screening study in a low-prevalent, metropolitan regionJulie Bottero
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital St Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e92266. 2014..We aimed to evaluate whether (i) previous HBV-testing, (ii) physicians decision to screen, and (iii) CDC's recommendations identified infected individuals and which risk-factor groups needing testing...
- Online detection and quantification of epidemicsCamille Pelat
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, 75012 France
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 7:29. 2007..However, implementation of the method may be difficult due to lack of statistical expertise. No dedicated tool is available to perform and guide analyses...
- The effect of ursodeoxycholic acid therapy on the natural course of primary biliary cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Hepatologie, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 128:297-303. 2005..We used a multistate modeling approach to assess the effect of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) therapy on the natural course of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC), which remains controversial...
- Field effectiveness of pandemic and 2009-2010 seasonal vaccines against 2009-2010 A(H1N1) influenza: estimations from surveillance data in FranceCamille Pelat
UPMC Universite Paris 06, Umrs 707, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e19621. 2011..We also compare vaccine effectiveness against ILI versus laboratory-confirmed pandemic A(H1N1) influenza, and assess the possible bias caused by using non-specific endpoints and observational data...
- Noninvasive elastography-based assessment of liver fibrosis progression and prognosis in primary biliary cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Service d Hepatologie, Centre de Référence des Maladies Inflammatoires des Voies Biliaires, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, Paris, France
Hepatology 56:198-208. 2012..72 kPa/year; P < 0.0001) in cirrhotic patients. A cut-off value of 2.1 kPa/year was associated with an 8.4-fold increased risk of liver decompensations, liver transplantations, or deaths (P < 0.0001, Cox regression analysis)...
- Comparison of non-invasive liver fibrosis biomarkers in HIV/HCV co-infected patients: the fibrovic study--ANRS HC02Patrice Cacoub
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
J Hepatol 48:765-73. 2008..To compare non-invasive biological liver fibrosis scores, as alternatives to liver biopsy, in HIV/HCV co-infected patients...
- Nationwide surveillance of 18 respiratory viruses in patients with influenza-like illnesses: a pilot feasibility study in the French Sentinel NetworkAlessandra Falchi
INSERM, UMR S 707, Paris, France
J Med Virol 83:1451-7. 2011..Although feasibility has not been demonstrated yet, it will be evaluated over the winter of 2010-2011...
- Risk of colorectal high-grade dysplasia and cancer in a prospective observational cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hôpital Saint Antoine F 75012 and UPMC Univ Paris 06 F 75005, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 145:166-175.e8. 2013..We analyzed data on CRC development among patients with IBD enrolled in the observational cohort Cancers et Surrisque Associé aux Maladies Inflammatoires Intestinales En France (CESAME)...
- Prediction of the spread of influenza epidemics by the method of analoguesCecile Viboud
Epidemiology and Information Sciences, INSERM Unit 444, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Am J Epidemiol 158:996-1006. 2003..001). Similar results were obtained for national incidence forecasts. From the results of this method, maps of influenza epidemic forecasts can be made in countries in which national and regional data are available...
- Risk factors for acute liver enzyme abnormalities in HIV-hepatitis B virus-coinfected patients on antiretroviral therapyOlivia Chauvel
AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 12:1115-26. 2007..Little is known about the prognostic factors of acute liver enzyme variations in HIV-hepatitis B virus (HBV)-coinfected patients...
- Factors associated with post-seasonal serological titer and risk factors for infection with the pandemic A/H1N1 virus in the French general populationNathanael Lapidus
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR S 707, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e60127. 2013..These findings will be interpreted in light of the longitudinal analyses of this ongoing cohort...
- Pregnancy outcome in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with thiopurines: cohort from the CESAME StudyJessica Coelho
Department of Digestive Diseases, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Gut 60:198-203. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the pregnancy outcome of women with IBD who have been exposed to thiopurines...
- Influenza epidemics in the United States, France, and Australia, 1972-1997Cecile Viboud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 10:32-9. 2004..These results support a high correlation at the hemisphere level and suggest that the global interhemispheric circulation of epidemics follows an irregular pathway with recurrent changes in the leading hemisphere...
- Integrative study of pandemic A/H1N1 influenza infections: design and methods of the CoPanFlu-France cohortNathanael Lapidus
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR S 707, F 75012 Paris, France
BMC Public Health 12:417. 2012....
- Excess primary intestinal lymphoproliferative disorders in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseHarry Sokol
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hôpital Saint Antoine and UPMC University of Paris, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:2063-71. 2012..We assessed this risk in the CESAME French nationwide prospective observational cohort...
- Usefulness of co-treatment with immunomodulators in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with scheduled infliximab maintenance therapyHarry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Gut 59:1363-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess whether IS co-treatment is useful in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) on scheduled IFX infusions...
- Mortality burden of the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic in EuropeSéverine Ansart
INSERM, U 707, Paris, France
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 3:99-106. 2009..The origin and estimated death toll of the 1918-1919 epidemic are still debated. Europe, one of the candidate sites for pandemic emergence, has detailed pandemic mortality information...
- Predicting pneumonia and influenza mortality from morbidity dataLise Denoeud
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 2:e464. 2007..Few European countries conduct reactive surveillance of influenza mortality, whereas most monitor morbidity...
- Varicella in French adolescents and adults: individual risk assessment and cost-effectiveness of routine vaccinationThomas Hanslik
Department of Public Health, Hopital Saint Antoine, INSERM U444, Universite Paris 6, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Vaccine 21:3614-22. 2003..From the societal perspective, such screening and vaccination might save costs...
- Risk factors of influenza transmission in householdsCecile Viboud
Epidemiology and Information Sciences, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
Br J Gen Pract 54:684-9. 2004..Influenza transmission in households is a subject of renewed interest, as the vaccination of children is currently under debate and antiviral treatments have been approved for prophylactic use...
- Simultaneous investigation of influenza and enteric viruses in the stools of adult patients consulting in general practice for acute diarrheaChristophe Arena
INSERM, UMR S 707, 75012, Paris, France
Virol J 9:116. 2012....
- Baseline values and changes in liver stiffness measured by transient elastography are associated with severity of fibrosis and outcomes of patients with primary sclerosing cholangitisChristophe Corpechot
Service d Hepatologie, Centre de Référence des Maladies Inflammatoires des Voies Biliaires, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S938, CdR Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France Electronic address
Gastroenterology 146:970-979.e6. 2014..We assessed the diagnostic performance, reproducibility, longitudinal changes, and prognostic value of liver stiffness measurement (LSM) using vibration-controlled transient elastography (VCTE)...
- Effect of influenza vaccination of nursing home staff on mortality of residents: a cluster-randomized trialMagali Lemaitre
Department of Epidemiology, Information Systems, and Modeling, University Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1580-6. 2009..To evaluate the effect of staff influenza vaccination on all-cause mortality in nursing home residents...
- Planning for the next influenza H1N1 season: a modelling studyFabrice Carrat
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:301. 2010..The level of herd immunity before and after the first 2009 pandemic season is not precisely known, and predicting the shape of the next pandemic H1N1 season is a difficult challenge...
- Comparison of elastography, serum marker scores, and histology for the assessment of liver fibrosis in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-infected patients in Burkina FasoPhilippe Bonnard
Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Tenon, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UPMC Paris Liver Center, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:454-8. 2010..This study shows that the results of alternative methods concord with those of histology in HBV-infected patients in Burkina Faso. These alternative techniques could help physicians to identify patients requiring treatment...
- Radiologic course of primary sclerosing cholangitis: assessment by three-dimensional magnetic resonance cholangiography and predictive features of progressionAna Ruiz
APHP, Service de Radiologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France and Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris VI, Paris, France
Hepatology 59:242-50. 2014..Conclusion: A majority of PSC patients develop radiologic aggravation upon MRI over 4 years. Two simple scores can predict radiologic progression...
- Age distribution of cases and deaths during the 1889 influenza pandemicSophie Valtat
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U 707, F 75012 Paris, France
Vaccine 29:B6-B10. 2011..Adding 1889 to the short catalogue of influenza pandemics previously studied makes the 1918 pandemic even more exceptional in terms of mortality burden and age distribution of deaths...
- Surgical mask to prevent influenza transmission in households: a cluster randomized trialLaetitia Canini
UMR S 707, UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e13998. 2010..However, data on their effectiveness for limiting transmission are scarce. We evaluated the effectiveness of facemask use by index cases for limiting influenza transmission by large droplets produced during coughing in households...
- Long-term outcomes of pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1)-associated severe ARDSCharles Edouard Luyt
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris et Université Paris 6 Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Chest 142:583-92. 2012..The objective of this study was to compare the 1-year outcomes of survivors of A(H1N1)-associated ARDS, according to use or no use of extracorporeal lung assist (ECLA), using its need as an ARDS severity surrogate...
- Management of noninfectious mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis: data from 242 cases included in the CryoVas surveyBenjamin Terrier
Department of Internal Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Blood 119:5996-6004. 2012..The role of each of these strategies remains to be defined in well-designed randomized controlled trials...
- Chronic hepatitis C virus infection: does it really impact health-related quality of life? A study in rural EgyptMichael Schwarzinger
INSERM U444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Hepatology 40:1434-41. 2004....
- Transmissibility and geographic spread of the 1889 influenza pandemicAlain Jacques Valleron
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8778-81. 2010..Social and geographic factors probably shape the local R(0) , and they could be identified to design optimal mitigation scenarios tailored to each city...
- Antibiotic treatment for influenza does not affect resolution of illness, secondary visits or lost workdaysFabrice Carrat
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM Unit 444, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 19:703-5. 2004..Antibiotics are unnecessary expenses in the initial treatment of influenza, as they can give potential side-effects and contribute to spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria...
- Lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective observational cohort studyLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Lancet 374:1617-25. 2009..Reports of an increased risk of lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease are controversial. We assessed this risk in a prospective observational cohort study...
- Influenza burden of illness: estimates from a national prospective survey of household contacts in FranceFabrice Carrat
INSERM U444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, 27 rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Arch Intern Med 162:1842-8. 2002..We estimated the impact of influenza in terms of uncomplicated morbidity and its consequences on health care utilization and lost workdays...
- A Bayesian MCMC approach to study transmission of influenza: application to household longitudinal dataS Cauchemez
INSERM U444, Paris, France
Stat Med 23:3469-87. 2004..3,5.2]) and adults (3.9 days, 95 per cent CI [3.2,4.9]). The posterior probability that children had a larger community risk was 76 per cent and the posterior probability that they were more susceptible than adults was 79 per cent...
- Severe weight loss in HIV / HCV-coinfected patients treated with interferon plus ribavirin: incidence and risk factorsF Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U707, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 15:255-60. 2008..These findings show that severe weight loss is a frequent side effect of anti-HCV therapy in HIV / HCV-coinfected patients. The underlying mechanisms remain to be identified...
- HIV and hepatitis C virus co-infectionF Carrat
Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, INSERM U444, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 5:71. 2005
- Evaluation of clinical case definitions of influenza: detailed investigation of patients during the 1995-1996 epidemic in FranceF Carrat
Unite de Recherches, Epidémiologie et Sciences de l Information, Institute National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris
Clin Infect Dis 28:283-90. 1999....
- A short-term, multicomponent infection control program in nursing homes: a cluster randomized controlled trialKathleen Chami
AP HP, Charles Foix University Hospital, Observatoire du Risque Infectieux en Gériatrie Geriatric Infection Risk Monitoring Organization, Ivry sur Seine, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:569.e9-17. 2012..To assess the impact of a hygiene-encouragement program on reducing infection rates (primary end point) by 5%...
- Performance of rapid tests for detection of HBsAg and anti-HBsAb in a large cohort, FranceJulie Bottero
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
J Hepatol 58:473-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of such tests for HBsAg and anti-HBsAb detection among individuals visiting a variety of healthcare centers located in a low HBV-prevalent area...
- Assessment and determinants of aesthetic discomfort in hand osteoarthritisBridget Hodkinson
Department of Rheumatology, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 71:45-9. 2012..Dissatisfaction with hand appearance is frequently the presenting complaint of patients with hand osteoarthritis (HOA), yet no tool exists for its measurement and few studies have examined aesthetic discomfort...
- WTW--an algorithm for identifying "who transmits to whom" in outbreaks of interhuman transmitted infectious agentsNathanael Lapidus
UPMC Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, France
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:348-53. 2010..The use of this algorithm to draw transmission maps in investigations of outbreaks with person-to-person transmitted agents could potentially guide public health measures regarding the control of such outbreaks...
- Regulatory T-cell responses to low-dose interleukin-2 in HCV-induced vasculitisDavid Saadoun
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Université Paris 06, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 365:2067-77. 2011..We reasoned that interleukin-2, a cytokine that promotes Treg survival and function, could be beneficial for patients with vasculitis that is resistant to HCV therapy...
- Longitudinal and integrative biomodeling of effector and memory immune compartments after inactivated influenza vaccinationOlivia Bonduelle
INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche S 945, Laboratory of Immunity and Infection, University of Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris 06, 75013 Paris, France
J Immunol 191:623-31. 2013..We propose a graphical delineation of immune determinants that would be essential for a better understanding of vaccine-induced immunity in vaccination strategies. ..
- Major role of hepatitis B genotypes in liver fibrosis during coinfection with HIVKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, Paris, France
AIDS 20:419-27. 2006..Little is know about the determinants of liver fibrosis progression and genomic variability in hepatitis B virus (HBV) in HIV/HBV-coinfected patients...
- Primary biliary cirrhosis: incidence and predictive factors of cirrhosis development in ursodiol-treated patientsChristophe Corpechot
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 122:652-8. 2002..This study aimed to assess the incidence of cirrhosis in UDCA-treated patients with PBC and to determine the predictive factors of cirrhosis development under this treatment...
- Mortality burden of the 2009 A/H1N1 influenza pandemic in France: comparison to seasonal influenza and the A/H3N2 pandemicMagali Lemaitre
Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45051. 2012..We estimate the age- and cause-specific excess mortality impact of the pandemic in France, relative to that of other countries and past epidemic and pandemic seasons...
- Comparative age distribution of influenza morbidity and mortality during seasonal influenza epidemics and the 2009 H1N1 pandemicMagali Lemaitre
UPMC Univ Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris F 75012, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:162. 2010..Here we compared the age distributions of morbidity and mortality during two seasonal influenza epidemics (H1N1 and H3N2) in France and the United States with those of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic waves in the same countries...
- Population modeling of influenza A/H1N1 virus kinetics and symptom dynamicsLaetitia Canini
Epidemiologie, Systèmes d Information, Modelisation, UMR S 707, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, 27 rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
J Virol 85:2764-70. 2011..This approach could help to optimize studies of influenza VK and SD and to predict the effect of antivirals on infectiousness and symptoms...
- Exploring cross-protection between influenza strains by an epidemiological modelAudrey Lavenu
Institut National de la Santé Et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, 27 rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Virus Res 103:101-5. 2004..We show that a cross-protection of 50% between the two strains is sufficient to explain why we observe a single influenza illness peak in temperate countries...
- Monitoring epidemiologic surveillance data using hidden Markov modelsY Le Strat
Unité de Recherches Epidémiologie et Sciences de l Information, INSERM, U444 Institut Fédératif Saint Antoine de Recherche sur la Santé, 27, rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
Stat Med 18:3463-78. 1999..The results justify a wider use of this method for analysing surveillance data...
- Management of chronic hepatitis C in French departments of internal medicine and infectious diseasesP Cacoub
Department of Internal Medicine, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75651, Paris, France
Epidemiol Infect 133:305-14. 2005..Nevertheless, means of increasing the availability of antiviral therapies, particularly for patients with HIV co-infection or injecting drug use, require further study...
- Risk factors for anaemia in human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients treated with interferon plus ribavirinF Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris, INSERM U707, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 14:639-44. 2007..26-0.49, P < 0.0001) and in patients receiving protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy (OR, 0.51 95% CI, 0.30-0.86, P = 0.0114). Zidovudine discontinuation could help to avoid anaemia associated with anti-HCV therapy...
- [Influenza, influenza-like illness: From theory to practice]Fabrice Carrat
AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Unité de santé publique, UPMC Universite Paris 06, UMR S 707, INSERM U707, 75012 Paris, France
Presse Med 43:240-6. 2014....
- Diagnosis scoring for clinical identification of children with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemiaPascale Benlian
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, Reference Laboratory for the Diagnosis of Rare Diseases, Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48:456-63. 2009..In a pediatric setting, heterozygous FH (hFH) in children may not be identified from common forms of hypercholesterolemia (HC)...
- Bedside rapid flu test and zanamivir prescription in healthy working adults: a cost-benefit analysisMichael Schwarzinger
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, u444, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Pharmacoeconomics 21:215-24. 2003..Zanamivir, a neuraminidase inhibitor, reduces the number of days of illness in influenza-positive patients. New bedside rapid flu tests (RFT) should increase the number of influenza-positive patients whom receive zanamivir appropriately...
- Persistently normal alanine aminotransferase levels in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients: the role of steatosisF Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, INSERM U 707, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
HIV Med 10:417-21. 2009..We analysed factors associated with persistently normal ALT levels, defined as at least three consecutive normal ALT values over a 6-month period, in a group of 381 HIV/HCV-coinfected patients...
- Effects of current and former cigarette smoking on the clinical course of Crohn's diseaseJ Cosnes
Service d hépatogastroentérologie et nutrition, Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:1403-11. 1999....
- Quality of leucoreduced red blood cell concentrates: 5 years of follow-up in FranceA Chabanel
Etablissement Français du Sang, Paris, France
Vox Sang 94:41-7. 2008..Since 1998, prestorage leucoreduction of all cellular blood components has been made mandatory in France. The French blood service needed to follow the data on the quality of the blood components prepared by blood centres...
- Factors of weight loss in patients with HIV and chronic diarrheaL Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 19:34-9. 1998..These results suggest that, in patients with HIV and chronic diarrhea, the degree of wasting is significantly related to the levels of dietary intake and the clinical severity of diarrhea, but not to the extent of nutrient malabsorption...
- A case-control study of risk factors for hepatitis C infection in patients with unexplained routes of infectionM Karmochkine
Service de Medecine Interne, Hôpital de la Croix Saint Simon, Paris, France
J Viral Hepat 13:775-82. 2006....
- Air pollution and respiratory drug sales in the City of Le Havre, France, 1993-1996A Zeghnoun
Unité de Biomathématiques et Biostatistiques, INSERM U 444, Paris, France
Environ Res 81:224-30. 1999..027 (95% CI 1.004-1.051) for lag 3 and RR= 1.032 (95% CI 1.009-1.056) for lag 9. Our study concludes that ambulatory respiratory drug sales data could be useful for epidemiological surveillance of air pollutant health effects...
- Risk factors for symptomatic mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients during interferon plus ribavirin-based therapyFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U444, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:47-52. 2005..To evaluate the incidence, clinical features, and risk factors for symptomatic mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/hepatitis C virus (HCV)-coinfected patients receiving anti-HCV therapy...
- Progression of fibrosis in HIV and hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients treated with interferon plus ribavirin-based therapy: analysis of risk factorsFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U707, France
Clin Infect Dis 46:768-74. 2008..We determined the prevalence and determinants of worsening fibrosis in patients coinfected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) who were receiving anti-HCV therapy...
- Early virologic failure in HIV-coinfected hepatitis C patients treated with the peginterferon-ribavirin combination: does abacavir play a role?Firouzé Bani-Sadr
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:123-5. 2007
- The cost-effectiveness of influenza vaccination for people aged 50 to 64 years: an international modelSamuel Aballea
i3 Innovus, Uxbridge, UK
Value Health 10:98-116. 2007..To help policymakers consider whether such a policy should be adopted more widely, we conducted an economic evaluation of lowering the age limit for routine influenza vaccination to 50 years in Brazil, France, Germany, and Italy...
- Rapid and early virological response to chronic hepatitis C treatment with IFN alpha2b or PEG-IFN alpha2b plus ribavirin in HIV/HCV co-infected patientsChristopher Payan
Départment de Microbiologie EA3882, CHU Hôpital Morvan, Brest, France
Gut 56:1111-6. 2007....
- Epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis B in HIV-infected patients (EPIB 2005 STUDY)Lionel Piroth
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Dijon, 10 boulevard du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
AIDS 21:1323-31. 2007..To describe the characteristics of hepatitis B (HBV) infection in HIV-infected patients and the impact of anti-HBV treatments...
- Risk factors for bacterial infections in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients treated with interferon plus ribavirinFirouzé Bani-Sadr
AIDS 22:1385-7. 2008
- Heterosubtypic immunity to influenza: right hypothesis, wrong comparisonFabrice Carrat
J Infect Dis 193:1613; author reply 1613-4. 2006
- Risk factors for grade 3 or 4 gamma-glutamyl transferase elevation in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patientsFirouzé Bani-Sadr
AIDS 22:1234-6. 2008
- Expected increase in hepatitis C-related mortality in Egypt due to pre-2000 infectionsSylvie Deuffic-Burban
CRESGE LABORES, CNRS URA 362, 1 rue Norbert Ségard, BP 109, 59016 Lille, France
J Hepatol 44:455-61. 2006..Estimating the future burden of HCV in Egypt is important to support health policies to combat the epidemic...
- Viral pneumonia and respiratory sepsis: association, causation, or it depends?Jean Jacques Parienti
Crit Care Med 35:639-40. 2007