Genomes and Genes
Jean Michel Cappelier
- Recovery in embryonated eggs of viable but nonculturable Campylobacter jejuni cells and maintenance of ability to adhere to HeLa cells after resuscitationJ M Cappelier
Unité Associé INRA d Hygiène Alimentaire, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, 44307 Nantes, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:5154-7. 1999..Culturable cells were detected in a large proportion of the embryonated eggs inoculated with VBNC C. jejuni cells. Recovered cells kept their adhesion properties...
- Demonstration of a protein synthesis in starved Campylobacter jejuni cellsJ M Cappelier
Unité Associée INRA d Hygiène Alimentaire, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, France
Int J Food Microbiol 55:63-7. 2000..Results obtained showed that a protein synthesis occurred in the onset of the starvation period, and that these improved the nutrient assimilation and enhanced the heat resistance in starved cells...
- Avirulence of viable but non-culturable Listeria monocytogenes cells demonstrated by in vitro and in vivo modelsJean Michel Cappelier
Unité Mixte de Recherche SECALIM INRA ENVN, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, BP 40706, Route de Gachet, 44307 Nantes, France
Vet Res 36:589-99. 2005..Further studies are needed in order to investigate the virulence of VBNC cells of Listeria monocytogenes after recovery of a culturable state...
- Avirulent viable but non culturable cells of Listeria monocytogenes need the presence of an embryo to be recovered in egg yolk and regain virulence after recoveryJean Michel Cappelier
Unité Mixte de Recherche INRA 1014 SECALIM, ENVN ENITIAA, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, BP 40706, Route de Gachet, 44307 Nantes, France
Vet Res 38:573-83. 2007..Although the cells were classified as avirulent when in the VBNC state, the virulence was recovered after resuscitation...
- Environmental and physico-chemical factors induce VBNC state in Listeria monocytogenesValérie Besnard
Unité Mixte de Recherche 1014, Hygiene des Aliments INRA ENVN, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, France
Vet Res 33:359-70. 2002..Further investigations are needed to establish virulence before and after resuscitation of VBNC L. monocytogenes cells...
- Effect of salting and cold-smoking process on the culturability, viability, and virulence of Listeria monocytogenes strain Scott AMargarida Ribeiro Neunlist
Unité Mixte de Recherche Institut National de Recherche Agronomique Sécurité Alimentaire 1014, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Route de Gachet, BP 40706 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
J Food Prot 68:85-91. 2005..A viable but nonculturable state transition of strain Scott A was not observed, and the cold-smoking process did not affect the virulence of bacteria isolated at the beginning and end of the storage...
- Adhesion ability of Campylobacter jejuni to Ht-29 cells increases with the augmentation of oxidant agent concentrationNabila Haddad
UMR INRA 1014 SECALIM ONIRIS, Site de la Chantrerie, Route de Gachet La Chantrerie, BP 40706, 44307, Nantes Cedex 03, France
Curr Microbiol 61:500-5. 2010..In addition, this study revealed that the number of bound bacteria to epithelial cells increases with augmentation of paraquat concentration, suggesting a link between oxidative stress survival of C. jejuni and virulence on Ht-29 cells...
- Long-term survival of Campylobacter jejuni at low temperatures is dependent on polynucleotide phosphorylase activityNabila Haddad
UMR INRA 1014 Sécurité des aliments et Microbiologie, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, 44307 Nantes, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:7310-8. 2009..In this study we demonstrate the role of PNPase in low-temperature survival of C. jejuni and therefore attribute a novel biological function to PNPase directly related to human health...
- The RNase R from Campylobacter jejuni has unique features and is involved in the first steps of infectionNabila Haddad
From the LUNAM Université, ONIRIS, University of Nantes, 44200 Nantes, France, the UMR1014 Sécurité des Aliments et Microbiologie, INRA, 44322 Nantes, France, and
J Biol Chem 289:27814-24. 2014..jejuni to eukaryotic cells. Moreover, Cj-RNR proved to be active in a wide range of conditions. The results obtained lead us to conclude that Cj-RNR has an important role in the biology of this foodborne pathogen. ..