- Dorsal arthrodesis of thoracic spine and effects on thorax growth in prepubertal New Zealand white rabbitsFederico Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique, CHU Hôpital Lapeyronie, Montpellier, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E443-50. 2007..Dorsal arthrodesis of thoracic spine in a prepubertal New Zealand White rabbit model...
- Strategies of hip management in neuromuscular disorders: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease and Arthrogryposis Multiplex CongenitaF Canavese
Department of Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, 3101 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Hip Int 19:S46-52. 2009..Spinal stabilisation is sometimes necessary to improve the pelvic tilt and to prevent further increase. The present article provides an overview of the current strategies of hip management in neuromuscular disorders...
- Percutaneous pelvic osteotomy in non-ambulatory cerebral palsy patientsF Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Infantile, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Estaing, 1, place Lucie et Raymond Aubrac, 63003 Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 100:329-32. 2014..Percutaneous pelvic osteotomy is a less invasive surgical approach and appears to be a valid option with similar outcomes to standard techniques.This method results in less muscle stripping and blood loss and a shorter operating time. ..
- Congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia: Management and complicationsHitesh Shah
Department of Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopedics Service, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
Indian J Orthop 46:616-26. 2012..Each child with CPT must be followed up till skeletal maturity to identify and rectify residual problems after primary healing...
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: Indications and efficacy of nonoperative treatmentFederico Canavese
University of Geneva Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Pediatric Orthopaedic Service, Department of Child and Adolescent, rue Willy Donze, 6, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Indian J Orthop 45:7-14. 2011..Indications for conservative treatment, hours daily wear and complications of brace treatment as well as brace types are discussed...
- Use of vacuum assisted closure in instrumented spinal deformities for children with postoperative deep infectionsFederico Canavese
Department of Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, 3101 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Oregon 97239, Portland, USA
Indian J Orthop 44:177-83. 2010..This article aims to review the efficacy of the VAC system in the treatment of deep spinal infections following spinal instrumentation and fusion in children and adolescents...
- Dorsal arthrodesis in prepubertal New Zealand white rabbits followed to skeletal maturity: Effect on thoracic dimensions, spine growth and neural elementsFederico Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique CHU Hôpital Lapeyronie, 371, Avenue du Doyen G Giraud 34295 Montpellier, France
Indian J Orthop 44:14-22. 2010..This article analyzes the consequences of posterior fusion on the growth of spine, thorax and neural elements in New Zealand white rabbits and compares with similar human data...
- Thoracic cage plasticity in prepubertal New Zealand white rabbits submitted to T1-T12 dorsal arthrodesis: computed tomography evaluation, echocardiographic assessment and cardio-pulmonary measurementsFederico Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Infantile, Centre Hospitalière Universitaire Estaing, 1 Place Lucie et Raymond Aubrac, 63003, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur Spine J 22:1101-12. 2013..Emogas data analysis, echocardiographic assessment and cardio-pulmonary measurements completed the evaluation...
- Percutaneous pelvic osteotomy and intertrochanteric varus shortening osteotomy in nonambulatory GMFCS level IV and V cerebral palsy patients: preliminary report on 30 operated hipsFederico Canavese
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Estaing, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Pediatr Orthop B 22:1-7. 2013....
- Analysis of concave and convex rib-vertebral angle, angle difference, and angle ratio in patients with lenke type 1 main thoracic adolescent idiopathic scoliosis treated by observation, bracing or posterior fusion, and instrumentationFederico Canavese
Department of Child and Adolescent, Paediatric Orthopaedic Unit, University of Geneva Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Switzerland
J Spinal Disord Tech 24:506-13. 2011..Retrospective review...
- Skeletal age assessment from elbow radiographs. Review of the literatureFederico Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique, Hopital Lapeyronie CHU Montpellier, 371, av du Doyen G Giraud, F 34295, Montpellier, France
Chir Organi Mov 92:1-6. 2008..This method is a reliable tool to assess skeletal age during puberty because significant morphological changes in the elbow happen every six months...
- Orthopaedic sequelae of childhood meningococcemia: management considerations and outcomeFederico Canavese
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, 3101 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:2196-203. 2010..This report describes our experience with purpura fulminans related to meningococcemia, with emphasis on musculoskeletal sequelae and their treatment...
- Unicameral bone cysts: comparison of percutaneous curettage, steroid, and autologous bone marrow injectionsFederico Canavese
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Orthop 31:50-5. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the outcome of percutaneous curettage with intralesional injection of methylprednisolone and bone marrow for unicameral bone cysts (UBCs)...
- Onset of developmental dysplasia of the hip during clubfoot treatment: report of two cases and review of patients with both deformities followed at a single institutionFederico Canavese
Department of Child and Adolescent, Pediatric Orthopaedic Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva Hospitals, 6 Rue Willy Donze, Geneva, Switzerland
J Pediatr Orthop B 20:152-6. 2011..A second hip ultrasound or a pelvis radiograph, if the ossific nucleus has appeared, should be performed after completion of the clubfoot treatment if clinical examination is abnormal...
- Resection of plexiform neurofibromas in children with neurofibromatosis type 1Federico Canavese
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 31:303-11. 2011..The main goal of this project is to analyze our surgical experience with plexiform neurofibromas excision and to describe our surgical technique that may help the surgeon to reduce intraoperative bleeding and facilitate tumor excision...
- Cervical spine sagittal alignment variations following posterior spinal fusion and instrumentation for adolescent idiopathic scoliosisFederico Canavese
Pediatric Orthopaedic Service, Department of Child and Adolescent, University of Geneva Hospitals, 6, rue Willy Donze, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 20:1141-8. 2011....
- Changes of concave and convex rib-vertebral angle, angle difference and angle ratio in patients with right thoracic adolescent idiopathic scoliosisFederico Canavese
Paediatric Orthopaedic Unit, Department of Child and Adolescent, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva Hospitals, 6 Rue Willy Donze, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 20:129-34. 2011..Measurement of RVA, RVAD and RVARa should not only be performed at and around the apex of a thoracic spinal deformity, but also extended to the whole thoracic spine...
- Varus derotation osteotomy for the treatment of hip subluxation and dislocation in GMFCS level III to V patients with unilateral hip involvement. Follow-up at skeletal maturityFederico Canavese
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 30:357-64. 2010....
- Vacuum-assisted closure for deep infection after spinal instrumentation for scoliosisF Canavese
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, 3101 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97237, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:377-81. 2008..It allows for the retention of the instrumentation and the maintenance of spinal correction. It is reliable and easy to use...
- Surgical outcome in patients treated for hemangioma during infancy, childhood, and adolescence: a retrospective review of 44 consecutive patientsFederico Canavese
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital, 3101 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 28:381-6. 2008..There are only a few reports on the surgical treatment of these lesions, likely because the lesions are quite vascular, have a tendency to infiltrate into the muscle and other tissues, and the recurrence rate is quite high...
- Perthes' disease: prognosis in children under six years of ageF Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique, Hopital Lapeyronie, 391, Avenue du Doyen G Giraud, 34295 Montpellier, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:940-5. 2008..05). Catterall grade-III hips had a better outcome according to the Stulberg and Mose criteria than Catterall grade-IV hips, regardless of the method of treatment...
- [Selective dorsal T1-T6 fusion of the thoracic spine and effects on thorax growth: experimental study in prepuberal New Zealand White rabbits]F Canavese
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Pédiatrique, Hopital Lapeyronie, Montpellier, France
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 94:490-7. 2008....
- Application of the vacuum-assisted closure in pediatric patients with orthopedic sequelae of meningococcemia: report of a case successfully treatedFederico Canavese
Shriners Hospital, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Pediatr Orthop B 18:388-91. 2009..We report a new possible application of the vacuum-assisted closure system in very young patients with loss of tissue as a result of purpura fulminans secondary to meningococcemia...
- Orthopaedic manifestations of congenital myotonic dystrophy during childhood and adolescenceFederico Canavese
Department of Orthopedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:208-13. 2009..The goal of the study was to identify and quantitate the musculoskeletal deformities which may significantly affect the function of children with CMD...
- [Skeletal age determination from the elbow during pubertal growth]Y P Charles
Service d Orthopédie Pédiatrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Montpellier, France
Orthopade 34:1052-3, 1055-7, 1059-60. 2005..Skeletal age assessment from the elbow is useful to plan the timing of epiphysiodesis in limb length inequality or to evaluate the progression risk of idiopathic scoliosis...
- [Early functional treatment of congenital clubfoot]Y P Charles
Service d Orthopédie Pédiatrique, Hopital Lapeyronie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 371 av du Doyen G Giraud, F 34295, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Orthopade 35:665-8, 670-3. 2006..The technique is described systematically and its current value is discussed...
- Anterior dislocation of the shoulder in skeletally immature patients: comparison between non-operative treatment versus open Latarjet's procedureA Khan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, CHU Estaing, Claude Bernard University Lyon I, Faculty of Medicine, 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Bone Joint J 96:354-9. 2014..Further, 92% of the post-surgical group had returned to the same level of activity versus 52% in the non-surgically treated group. We found no contraindications to operate on a skeletally immature patient...
- Intralaminar screw insertion of thoracic spine in children with severe spinal deformities: two case reportsStephen J Lewis
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:E251-4. 2009..Case report...
- Skeletal age assessment from the olecranon for idiopathic scoliosis at Risser grade 0Yann Philippe Charles
Service d Orthopédie Pédiatrique, Hopital Lapeyronie, 371, av du Doyen G Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:2737-44. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the accuracy and the value of this simple method for the follow-up of patients with scoliosis...
- Technique for drilling instrument monitoring electrical conductivity in pediatric cervical spine screw insertion: a preliminary reportReinhard Zeller
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Pediatr Orthop 29:760-4. 2009..To detail a technique of assisted screw placement in pediatric patients with cervical spine disorders. The use of a recently produced wireless electronic freehand drilling instrument is documented...