Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Inserm U626
Location: Marseille, France
Platelet function, thrombosis, atherosclerosis
- Intracellular maturation and transport of tumor necrosis factor alpha converting enzymeFranck Peiretti
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Inserm EPI 99 36, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Bd J Moulin, 13 385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
Exp Cell Res 285:278-85. 2003..These results suggest that furin is the major proprotein convertase involved in the maturation/activation of TACE which is not a prerequisite for its cell-surface expression...
- Progression of atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice that express distinct molecular forms of TNF-alphaM Canault
INSERM, U626, Marseille, F 13385, France
J Pathol 214:574-83. 2008..TNF-dependent progression of atherosclerosis is probably linked to the differential production of pro-inflammatory mediators whether tmTNF is preponderant or essentially cleaved...
- [The two sides of ADAM17 in inflammation: implications in atherosclerosis and obesity]Franck Peiretti
INSERM U626, Faculte de Medecine, 27, Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:45-50. 2009..The multitude of substrates cleaved by ADAM17 makes this enzyme an attractive candidate to study its role in inflammation-driven pathologies...
- Serotonin stimulates platelet receptor shedding by tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme (ADAM17)D Duerschmied
Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Thromb Haemost 7:1163-71. 2009..Peripheral serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) is transported by platelets and released upon stimulation. In the platelet cytoplasm, 5-HT is transamidated to small GTPases, promoting alpha-granule release and primary hemostasis...
- Oxidative stress activates ADAM17/TACE and induces its target receptor shedding in platelets in a p38-dependent fashionAlexander Brill
Immune Disease Institute, 3 Blackfan Circle, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cardiovasc Res 84:137-44. 2009..Oxidative stress accompanies inflammatory and vascular diseases. The objective of this study was to explore whether reactive oxygen species can activate shedding of platelet receptors and thus suppress platelet function...
- von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease ADAMTS13 reduces ischemic brain injury in experimental strokeBing Qiao Zhao
Immune Disease Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 114:3329-34. 2009..Our findings show the importance of VWF in regulating infarction and suggest that recombinant ADAMTS13 could be considered as a new therapeutic agent for prevention and/or treatment of stroke...
- p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation during platelet storage: consequences for platelet recovery and hemostatic function in vivoMatthias Canault
Immune Disease Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 115:1835-42. 2010..In summary, our data suggest that inhibition of p38 MAPK or TACE during storage may significantly improve the quality of stored platelets...
- The lack of ADAM17 activity during embryonic development causes hemorrhage and impairs vessel formationMatthias Canault
Immune Disease Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13433. 2010..ADAM17/TACE activity is important during embryonic development. We wished to investigate possible roles of this metalloprotease, focusing on vascular development...
- A novel leukocyte adhesion deficiency III variant: kindlin-3 deficiency results in integrin- and nonintegrin-related defects in different steps of leukocyte adhesionPhilippe Robert
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Hopital de la Conception, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
J Immunol 186:5273-83. 2011..Our results suggest looking for a possible kindlin-3 involvement in membrane dynamical event independent of integrin-mediated adhesion...
- Microparticles of human atherosclerotic plaques enhance the shedding of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme/ADAM17 substrates, tumor necrosis factor and tumor necrosis factor receptor-1Matthias Canault
INSERM, U626, Marseille, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 171:1713-23. 2007....
- HDLs activate ADAM17-dependent sheddingEdwige Tellier
INSERM, U626, Marseilles, France
J Cell Physiol 214:687-93. 2008..In conclusion, these data demonstrate that HDLs alter the lipid raft structure, which in turn activates the ADAM17-dependent processing of transmembrane substrates...
- Exclusive expression of transmembrane TNF-alpha in mice reduces the inflammatory response in early lipid lesions of aortic sinusMatthias Canault
Faculte de Medecine, Inserm EPI 99 36, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseilles 5, France
Atherosclerosis 172:211-8. 2004....
- Upregulation of TNF-alpha-induced ICAM-1 surface expression by adenylate cyclase-dependent pathway in human endothelial cellsDenis Bernot
INSERM UMR626, IPHM, Faculte de Medecine Timone, Marseille Cedex, France
J Cell Physiol 202:434-41. 2005..Combination of activation of gene transcription and membrane targeting may account for this augmentation...
- Proinflammatory properties of murine aortic endothelial cells exclusively expressing a non cleavable form of TNFalpha. Effect on tumor necrosis factor alpha receptor type 2Matthias Canault
INSERM UMR 626, Faculte de Medecine, I P H M, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille, Cedex 5, France
Thromb Haemost 92:1428-37. 2004....
- Proteasome inhibition activates the transport and the ectodomain shedding of TNF-alpha receptors in human endothelial cellsFranck Peiretti
INSERM UMR626, IFR125 IPHM, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, Marseilles 13385 Cedex 5, France
J Cell Sci 118:1061-70. 2005..In association with TACE inhibitor, proteasome inhibitors increase the amount of TNFRs at the cell surface and enhance the sensitivity to the proapoptotic effect of TNF-alpha, which might be of interest in the antitumor therapy...
- The TNF alpha converting enzyme (TACE/ADAM17) is expressed in the atherosclerotic lesions of apolipoprotein E-deficient mice: possible contribution to elevated plasma levels of soluble TNF alpha receptorsMatthias Canault
INSERM, U626, Faculte de Medecine Timone, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Atherosclerosis 187:82-91. 2006..In conclusion, TACE expression is associated with lesions in atherosclerosis-prone sites. Our data suggest that atherosclerotic lesions-expressing TACE may contribute to the elevated levels of circulating sTNFRs...
- FHL2 interacts with both ADAM-17 and the cytoskeleton and regulates ADAM-17 localization and activityMatthias Canault
INSERM, U626, Marseilles, France Université de la Méditerranée, Faculte de Medecine, Marseilles, Cedex 5, France
J Cell Physiol 208:363-72. 2006..Altogether, these results demonstrate a physical and functional interaction between ADAM-17 and FHL2 that implies that FHL2 has a role in the regulation of ADAM-17...
- The shedding activity of ADAM17 is sequestered in lipid raftsEdwige Tellier
INSERM, U626, Marseilles, France
Exp Cell Res 312:3969-80. 2006..Our data support the idea that one of the mechanisms regulating ADAM17 substrate cleavage involves protein partitioning in lipid rafts...
- MRI follow-up of TNF-dependent differential progression of atherosclerotic wall-thickening in mouse aortic arch from early to advanced stagesFrank Kober
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, CNRS UMR n 6612, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard J Moulin, 13005 Marseille, France
Atherosclerosis 195:e93-9. 2007....
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinases in infective endocarditis: a possible marker of the embolic riskFranck Thuny
Departement de Cardiologie, Hopital de la Timone, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 6:e18830. 2011..We aimed to determine whether, in addition to the vegetation size, circulating MMPs could provide accurate predictive value of embolism in IE...