Genomes and Genes
- [A problematic lymph node]Yankhoba Diop
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital d Instruction des armees BEGIN, 69 avenue de Paris, 94160 Saint Mande
Ann Pathol 26:469-71. 2006
- Clinical significance of intratumoral CD8+ regulatory T cells in prostate carcinomaEva Comperat
Pathologic Anatomy Service and Urology Service, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Parie, Frances
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 32:39-44. 2010..To explore Foxp3, a member of the forkhead box family of transcription factors, which is a major gene for regulatory T (Treg) cell development of CD4+CD25+ or CD8+CD25+ phenotype...
- Renal translocation carcinomas: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and gene expression profiling analysis of 31 cases with a review of the literaturePhilippe Camparo
HIA Val de Grace, Van Andel Research Institute, Paris, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:656-70. 2008..Our results suggest that these differentially expressed genes may serve as novel diagnostic or prognostic markers...
- [Molecular aspects of prostate cancer: recent data from the literature]Philippe Camparo
Laboratoire d anatomie et cytologie pathologiques, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées Val de Grâce, 74 boulevard de Port Royal, 75005 Paris
Bull Cancer 94:F77-88. 2007..Nevertheless, the possibility of decrypting these anomalies for use in therapeutic applications is encouraging...
- [Histological features and principles of treating testicle tumors in the elderly subject]P Camparo
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Foch, 40, rue Worth, 92150 Suresnes, France
Prog Urol 19:S142-6. 2009..This particular histological profile must be in mind when considering the appropriate therapeutic approach of testis tumors in elderly. This work is based on data collected between 1990 to 2005 by the french pathologists of the GELU...
- Plasma levels and expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-A in human localized prostate cancerMichael Peyromaure
Department of Urology, Cichin Hospital, Paris, France
Oncol Rep 18:145-9. 2007..01). Our results suggest that the expression of VEGF may have a prognostic impact in clinically-localized PCa...
- The prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A and its receptor in clinically localized prostate cancer: a prospective evaluation in 100 patients undergoing radical prostatectomyKaili Mao
Department of Urology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Can J Urol 15:4257-62. 2008..To study the prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A and its receptor VEGFR-1 in localized prostate cancer...
- Impact of the expression of Aurora-A, p53, and MIB-1 on the prognosis of urothelial carcinomas of the upper urinary tractSylvia Scarpini
Academic Pathology Department, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Urol Oncol 30:182-7. 2012..To investigate whether overexpression of p53, MIB-1, and Aurora-A on protein level played a role in the relapse of urothelial carcinomas of the upper urinary tract (UC-UUT)...
- Full analysis of the prostatic urethra at the time of radical cystoprostatectomy for bladder cancer: impact on final disease stageJustine Varinot
Department of Pathology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, GHU Est, University PMC Paris VI, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 455:449-53. 2009..Data are similar to those published in the recent literature, where whole mount sections were used. This protocol also permits better detection of concomitant prostate carcinomas...
- Tissue expression of IL16 in prostate cancer and its association with recurrence after radical prostatectomyEva Comperat
ER2, University PMC Paris VI, CeRePP, Paris, France
Prostate 70:1622-7. 2010..Genetic polymorphism located within the IL16 gene has been reported to be associated with aggressive prostate cancer (PCa). Our aim was to establish whether the tissue expression of IL16 is a prognostic factor of survival in PCa...
- Aurora-A/STK-15 is differentially expressed in the micropapillary variant of bladder cancerEva Comperat
Service d anatomie et cytologie pathologique, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Urol Int 82:312-7. 2009..Our series explores protein expression of markers known to be indicators of poor clinical outcome and progression, trying to explain aggressiveness of MPC...
- Prostate needle biopsy examination by means of virtual microscopyCyrus Chargari
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Val de Grâce Hospital, Paris, France
Pathol Res Pract 207:366-9. 2011..23, marginal agreement) to 66.2% for virtual slide examination (κ=0.42, good agreement). Virtual microscopy does not compromise, but might improve, the accuracy of grading in prostate needle biopsies. This requires further assessment...
- Hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe renal cell tumours do not display genomic features of chromophobe renal cell carcinomasNicolas Poté
Department of Pathology, Cochin Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 462:633-8. 2013..From a diagnostic perspective, an array-CGH analysis could be performed in ambiguous ChRCC/RO cases to formally exclude the diagnosis of ChRCC...
- An adult case of melanotic Xp11 translocation renal cancers: distinct entity or sub-entity?Justine Varinot
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Int J Surg Pathol 19:285-9. 2011..The authors describe a pigmented renal tumor occurring in a 30-year-old woman with distinct morphology and immunohistochemical characteristics as Xp11 translocation renal cancer...
- Immunohistochemical expression of p63, p53 and MIB-1 in urinary bladder carcinoma. A tissue microarray study of 158 casesEva Comperat
Service Central d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques et d Urologie, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, 83, Bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Virchows Arch 448:319-24. 2006..A statistical difference disserving pTa and pT1/>or=pT2 with a statistical significance (p<10(-6)) could also be observed. P63 should be considered as an additional biomarker that might help pathologists to classify their patients...
- Splenic metastases: clinicopathologic presentation, differential diagnosis, and pathogenesisEva Comperat
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:965-9. 2007..Splenic metastases occur in a context of multivisceral disseminated cancer or as a solitary lesion...
- Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor and proliferative activity of cyst epithelium in human renal cystic diseasesEva Comperat
CNRS UMR 8149, and Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bicêtre, Paris, France
Urol Int 76:269-73. 2006..EGF-r function and proliferative activity in cyst formation in PKD remains to be explored. EGF-r and Ki-67 expressions are not predictive of development of carcinoma in PKD...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the stomachRaoulin Soulard
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:107-10. 2005..A multiplex real-time polymerase chain reaction assay detected an EWS-ERG fusion. To our knowledge, this is the first description of a primitive neuroectodermal tumor arising in the stomach...
- Gene expression study of Aurora-A reveals implication during bladder carcinogenesis and increasing values in invasive urothelial cancerEva Comperat
CNRS UMR 8149, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris V, Paris, France
Urology 72:873-7. 2008..We wanted to gain better insight into the early molecular mechanisms of bladder carcinogenesis by evaluating Aurora-A gene expression, which is implicated in genomic stability and essential for mitosis...
- The expression of vascular endothelial growth factor is associated with the risk of cancer progression after radical prostatectomyMichael Peyromaure
Department of Urology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
BJU Int 99:1150-3. 2007..To analyse the prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in men with clinically localized prostate cancer...
- The association of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 with the risk of cancer progression following radical prostatectomyKaili Mao
Department of Urology, Cochin Hospital, 75014 Paris, France
Oncol Rep 19:171-5. 2008..Our results suggest that VEGFR-1 expression is not associated with the risk of cancer progression following RP. Therefore, VEGFR-1 may not be of prognostic value in clinically-localized PCa...
- [Tumors of the kidneys: new entities]Eacute Va Compérat
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Ann Pathol 25:117-33. 2005..At least, we will touch on new elements in the Bellini carcinoma definition...
- [Solitary fibrous tumor of the kidney]Xavier Durand
Service d Urologie, Hopital du Val de Grace, 74, boulevard de Port Royal, 75230 Paris
Prog Urol 13:491-4. 2003....