Genomes and Genes
- Coronary heart disease and polymorphisms in genes affecting lipid metabolism and inflammationFrancois Cambien
INSERM U525, Chu Pitié Salpétrière Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 91 Bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Curr Atheroscler Rep 7:188-95. 2005..Understanding the genetics of complex traits like CHD will require a system approach that allows a modeling of the interaction among genes as well as between genetic and nongenetic sources of variation...
- Genetics of cardiovascular diseases: from single mutations to the whole genomeFrancois Cambien
INSERM UMR S 525 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Circulation 116:1714-24. 2007
- Genetics and coronary heart diseaseFrancois Cambien
INSERM, U525, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, 91 bd de l Hôpital 75013, Paris, France
Future Cardiol 1:17-27. 2005..The situation may change however, as recent technological and population genomics advances are progressively incorporated in new appropriately designed studies...
- Atherosclerosis: from genetic polymorphisms to system geneticsFrancois Cambien
INSERM U525, Paris
Cardiovasc Toxicol 5:143-52. 2005..Hopefully, system genetics will ultimately improve our understanding of the genetic architecture of complex traits...
- Polymorphisms in 33 inflammatory genes and risk of myocardial infarction--a system genetics approachSandrine Barbaux
INSERM, UMR S 525, Paris 75634, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:1271-80. 2007..Overall, there was weak evidence for an implication of inflammatory polymorphisms on susceptibility to MI...
- Haplotypic analysis of tag SNPs of the interleukin-18 gene in relation to cardiovascular disease events: the MORGAM ProjectMarie Lise Grisoni
INSERM, UMR_S 525, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1512-20. 2008..In conclusion, using the concerted effort of several European prospective CVD cohorts, we are able to show that one IL-18 tag SNP interacts with smoking to modulate the risk of developing CVD...
- Lack of association between polymorphisms of the IL18R1 and IL18RAP genes and cardiovascular risk: the MORGAM ProjectMarie Lise Grisoni
INSERM, UMR_S 937, Paris, France
BMC Med Genet 10:44. 2009....
- Lack of association between complement factor H polymorphisms and coronary artery disease or myocardial infarctionViviane Nicaud
INSERM UMR S525, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, 75013, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:771-5. 2007..Genotype and allele frequencies were similar in cases and controls. These results do not support an involvement of common nonsynonymous polymorphisms of the CFH gene in predisposition to CAD and its complications...
- G/T substitution in intron 1 of the UNC13B gene is associated with increased risk of nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetesDavid Alexandre Tregouet
INSERM, Paris, France, and Pierre and Marie Curie Paris VI University, Paris, France
Diabetes 57:2843-50. 2008..The objective of the European Rational Approach for the Genetics of Diabetic Complications (EURAGEDIC) study is to identify nephropathy susceptibility genes. We report molecular genetic studies for 127 candidate genes for nephropathy...
- Integrating genome-wide genetic variations and monocyte expression data reveals trans-regulated gene modules in humansMaxime Rotival
INSERM UMRS 937, Pierre and Marie Curie University UPMC, Paris 6 and Medical School, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 7:e1002367. 2011....
- Polymorphism R92Q of the tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 gene is associated with myocardial infarction and carotid intima-media thickness--the ECTIM, AXA, EVA and GENIC StudiesOdette Poirier
INSERM U525, Epidemiologic and Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Diseases, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 12:213-9. 2004..70 (0.09) vs 0.67 (0.13), P=0.02). No significant association of the 92Q allele was found with BI in the GENIC Study. Overall, these results may suggest that carriers of the 92Q allele may be at increased risk of atherosclerosis...
- Thrombomodulin gene polymorphisms in brain infarction and mortality after strokeJean Marc Olivot
INSERM U698 and Denis Diderot University Paris VII, Dept of Neurology and Stroke Center, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurol 255:514-9. 2008..In a previous analysis from the Etude du Profil Génétique de l'Infarctus Cérébral (GENIC) study, we found that soluble thrombomodulin (sTM) concentration modulated the risk of and prognosis for brain infarction...
- Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism and myocardial infarction: Etude Cas-Témoins de l'Infarctus du Myocarde (ECTIM)Frederic Fumeron
EA 3516, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Circulation 105:2943-5. 2002..A functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the SLC6A4 gene has been described. This polymorphism may be associated with the risk of MI...
- In-depth haplotype analysis of ABCA1 gene polymorphisms in relation to plasma ApoA1 levels and myocardial infarctionDavid Alexandre Tregouet
INSERM U525, Faculté de Médecine de la Pitié Salpétrière, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:775-81. 2004..Twenty-six polymorphisms of the ABCA1 gene were genotyped and tested for association with plasma levels of ApoA1 and myocardial infarction (MI) in the ECTIM study...
- Differential haplotypic expression of the interleukin-18 geneSandrine Barbaux
INSERM, UMR S 525, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 15:856-63. 2007....
- Genetic analysis of the interleukin-18 system highlights the role of the interleukin-18 gene in cardiovascular diseaseLaurence Tiret
INSERM U525, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Circulation 112:643-50. 2005..The present study investigated the genetic variability of 4 genes of the IL-18 system-IL18, IL18R1, IL18RAP, and IL18BP-in relation to circulating IL-18 levels and cardiovascular mortality...
- Caution in interpreting results from imputation analysis when linkage disequilibrium extends over a large distance: a case study on venous thrombosisMarine Germain
INSERM UMR_S 937, ICAN Institute, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e38538. 2012..This variant was in fact the rs1799963, also known as the FII G20210A prothrombin mutation. This work may be of major interest not only for its scientific impact but also for its methodological findings...
- Influence of sex and genetic variability on expression of X-linked genes in human monocytesRaphaele Castagne
Pierre and Marie Curie University UPMC, Paris 6 and Medical School, Paris, France
Genomics 98:320-6. 2011..Few genes exhibited a stronger genetic effect in females than in males (ARSD, DCX, POLA1 and ITM2A). These genes would deserve further investigation since they may contribute to sex pathophysiological differences...
- Specific haplotypes of the P-selectin gene are associated with myocardial infarctionDavid Alexandre Tregouet
INSERM U525, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 91 Bld de l Hôpital, 75634 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 11:2015-23. 2002..This finding illustrates the complexity of the relationship between gene variability and disease and the necessity to explore in detail the polymorphisms of candidate genes...
- Cytokine polymorphisms associated with carotid intima-media thickness in stroke patientsDavid Brenner
Department of Neurology and Stroke Centre, Bichat University Hospital, Denis Diderot University and Medical School, Paris, France
Stroke 37:1691-6. 2006..Evidence exists that carotid IMT is heritable, and genetic studies can provide clues in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Phospholipolyzed LDL induces an inflammatory response in endothelial cells through endoplasmic reticulum stress signalingSarah Gora
INSERM UMRS 937, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
FASEB J 24:3284-97. 2010....
- Platelet-activating factor-acetylhydrolase and PAF-receptor gene haplotypes in relation to future cardiovascular event in patients with coronary artery diseaseEwa Ninio
INSERM U525 IFR14 Coeur Muscle Vaisseaux and Université PM Curie Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtriére, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 13:1341-51. 2004..A more likely interpretation is that the A379V polymorphism might modify the enzyme function towards a more anti-atherogenic form. Polymorphisms of the PTAFR gene were not related to any phenotype...
- Adverse associations between CX3CR1 polymorphisms and risk of cardiovascular or cerebrovascular diseaseElise Lavergne
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, INSERM U543, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:847-53. 2005..We investigated the role of monocyte-recruiting chemokines in cerebrovascular diseases among the subjects of the GENIC case-control study of brain infarction (BI)...
- Genes encoding endothelin-converting enzyme-1 and endothelin-1 interact to influence blood pressure in women: the EVA studyBenoit Funalot
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 573, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
J Hypertens 22:739-43. 2004..A possible association between a polymorphism of the gene encoding ECE-1 (ECE1B C-338A) and BP values in untreated hypertensive women was recently reported...
- Molecular and functional characterization of polymorphisms in the secreted phospholipase A2 group X gene: relevance to coronary artery diseaseSarah Gora
INSERM, UMRS937, UPMC Université Paris 06 and Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, 91, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75634, Paris, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:723-33. 2009..Due to the potential role of hGX sPLA2 in inflammatory processes, these polymorphisms should be investigated in other inflammatory diseases...
- Heterogeneity of linkage disequilibrium in human genes has implications for association studies of common diseasesLaurence Tiret
INSERM U525, Faculte de Medecine, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75634 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 11:419-29. 2002..The variability of important intergenic regions identified by different approaches including comparative genomics will also have to be assessed...
- Interleukin-18 and the risk of coronary heart disease in European men: the Prospective Epidemiological Study of Myocardial Infarction (PRIME)Stefan Blankenberg
INSERM U525, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Circulation 108:2453-9. 2003..Interleukin (IL)-18 promotes atherosclerotic plaque growth and vulnerability. It is unknown, however, whether elevations of circulating IL-18 precede the onset of coronary events in apparently healthy individuals...
- Analysis of 14 candidate genes for diabetic nephropathy on chromosome 3q in European populations: strongest evidence for association with a variant in the promoter region of the adiponectin geneNathalie Vionnet
INSERM U525, Centre National de Genotypage, 2, rue Gaston Crémieux, 91006 Evry Cedex, France
Diabetes 55:3166-74. 2006..50 [0.27-0.92], P = 0.026). The overall significance for this variant (nominal P = 0.011) suggests that ADIPOQ might be involved in the development of diabetic nephropathy...
- Comprehensive exploration of the effects of miRNA SNPs on monocyte gene expressionNicolas Greliche
INSERM UMR_S 937, Pierre and Marie Curie University UPMC, Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e45863. 2012....
- The choice of the filtering method in microarrays affects the inference regarding dosage compensation of the active X-chromosomeRaphaele Castagne
INSERM UMRS 937, Pierre and Marie Curie University UPMC, Paris 6 and Medical School, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23956. 2011..It was suggested that microarray studies were biased toward an over-estimation of X-linked expression levels as a consequence of the filtering of genes below the detection threshold of microarrays...
- Performance comparison of two microarray platforms to assess differential gene expression in human monocyte and macrophage cellsSeraya Maouche
INSERM UMR S525, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris VI, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75634 Cedex 13, France
BMC Genomics 9:302. 2008..In addition, a reference list of differentially expressed genes (DEG) was generated from a larger number of hybridizations (mRNA from 86 individuals) using the RNG/MRC two-color platform...
- Common genetic variation of the cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene strongly predicts future cardiovascular death in patients with coronary artery diseaseStefan Blankenberg
Department of Medicine II, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1983-9. 2003..We sought to evaluate the association between cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) genotypes and the risk of future cardiovascular mortality in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Plasma concentrations and genetic variation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 and prognosis of patients with cardiovascular diseaseStefan Blankenberg
Department of Medicine II, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Circulation 107:1579-85. 2003..However, epidemiological data evaluating the prognostic impact of circulating concentrations and functional genetic variations of MMP-9 are lacking...
- Interleukin-18 is a strong predictor of cardiovascular death in stable and unstable anginaStefan Blankenberg
Department of Medicine II, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Circulation 106:24-30. 2002..However, epidemiological data evaluating the role of IL-18 levels in atherosclerosis are lacking...
- Genetics of venous thrombosis: insights from a new genome wide association studyMarine Germain
INSERM UMR_S 937 ICAN Institute, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25581. 2011..Genetics factors are known to contribute to the susceptibility of the disease but how many genes are involved and their contribution to VT risk still remain obscure. We aimed to identify genetic variants associated with VT risk...
- Polymorphisms of genes of the cardiac calcineurin pathway and cardiac hypertrophyOdette Poirier
INSERM U525, Epidemiologic and Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Diseases, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Eur J Hum Genet 11:659-64. 2003..04). Although the strength of the associations was rather weak, these observations raise the hypothesis that the G160A polymorphism of the NFATC4 gene plays a role in the development of human cardiac hypertrophy...
- Polymorphisms of the beta2 -adrenoceptor (ADRB2) gene and essential hypertension: the ECTIM and PEGASE studiesStefan Martin Herrmann
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm SC7 U525, Paris, France
J Hypertens 20:229-35. 2002..We investigated whether genetic variation of the ADRB2 gene might be related to essential hypertension or myocardial infarction (MI)...