- Performance of HIV-1 DNA or HIV-1 RNA tests for early diagnosis of perinatal HIV-1 infection during anti-retroviral prophylaxisMarianne Burgard
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker, AP HP, Paris, France
J Pediatr 160:60-6.e1. 2012..To compare performance of testing for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 DNA and HIV-1 RNA for diagnosis of HIV-1 infection in infants receiving preventive antiretroviral therapy...
- Factors influencing peripheral blood mononuclear cell-associated HIV-1 DNA level after long-term suppressive antiretroviral therapy in 236 patientsMarianne Burgard
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
AIDS 23:2165-71. 2009....
- LTR real-time PCR for HIV-1 DNA quantitation in blood cells for early diagnosis in infants born to seropositive mothers treated in HAART area (ANRS CO 01)Véronique Avettand-Fenoel
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Service de Virologie, Paris, France
J Med Virol 81:217-23. 2009..The results were equivalent to those of HIV-RNA assay. HIV-DNA may be used even in masked primary infection in newborns whose mothers have received HAART...
- Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapyLaurence Weiss
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11659. 2010..However, the insufficient increase in the proportion and/or the decrease in the absolute number of Tregs result in a failure to control immune activation following TI...
- Late postnatal HIV infection in children born to HIV-1-infected mothers in a high-income countryPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
AIDS 24:1771-6. 2010..To evaluate the risk of late postnatal HIV-1 infection in nonbreastfed children enrolled in the French ANRS Cohort CO01 (EPF)...
- In untreated HIV-1-infected children, PBMC-associated HIV DNA levels and cell-free HIV RNA levels are correlated to distinct T-lymphocyte populationsDaniel Scott-Algara
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:553-63. 2010..The associations between the level of infected cells and immune markers have been poorly studied, particularly in perinatally infected children...
- Early levels of HIV-1 DNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells are predictive of disease progression independently of HIV-1 RNA levels and CD4+ T cell countsChristine Rouzioux
Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 192:46-55. 2005....
- Perinatal acquisition of drug-resistant HIV-1 infection: mechanisms and long-term outcomeConstance Delaugerre
EA 3620 MRT, Descartes University, Paris, France
Retrovirology 6:85. 2009..Primary-HIV-1-infection in newborns that occurs under antiretroviral prophylaxis that is a high risk of drug-resistance acquisition. We examine the frequency and the mechanisms of resistance acquisition at the time of infection in newborns...
- A high HIV DNA level in PBMCs at antiretroviral treatment interruption predicts a shorter time to treatment resumption, independently of the CD4 nadirChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1819-28. 2010..A high PBMC HIV DNA level at TI was a strong predictor for more rapid treatment resumption...
- Interruption of antiretroviral therapy initiated during primary HIV-1 infection: impact of a therapeutic vaccination strategy combined with interleukin (IL)-2 compared with IL-2 alone in the ANRS 095 Randomized StudyCecile Goujard
Service de Medecine Interne, Bicetre Hospital, AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1105-13. 2007..Treatment interruption is safe in patients treated early after primary HIV infection. On the basis of this pilot study, HIV immunizations and interleukin-2 appear to have no supplementary benefit...
- Characteristics of HIV-infected children recently diagnosed in Paris, FranceEugenia Macassa
Unité d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr 165:684-7. 2006..HIV-1 infection should be taken into consideration in children born in countries with a high prevalence of HIV, even if they have been living in France for several years and present no symptoms...
- Impact of 5 years of maximally successful highly active antiretroviral therapy on CD4 cell count and HIV-1 DNA levelJean Paul Viard
Service d immunologie clinique, Universite Rene Descartes, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS 18:45-9. 2004..e., constant plasma HIV-1 RNA load suppression...