- Perinatal zidovudine prophylaxis in HIV type-1-infected pregnant women with thalassaemia carriage in ThailandNelly Briand
Institut National d Etudes Demographiques, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:117-22. 2009....
- No relation between in-utero exposure to HAART and intrauterine growth retardationNelly Briand
INSERM, U822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 23:1235-43. 2009..The use of HAART during pregnancy is now standard care to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in developed countries. There is controversy about its impact on low birth weight...
- Risk of extended viral resistance in human immunodeficiency virus-1-infected Mozambican children after first-line treatment failurePaula Vaz
Pediatric Day Hospital at Maputo Central Hospital, Maputo, Mozambique
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:e283-7. 2009..The incidence and profile of resistance in children receiving World Health Organization-recommended treatment remains to be evaluated on a large scale...
- Long-term outcomes in adolescents perinatally infected with HIV-1 and followed up since birth in the French perinatal cohort (EPF/ANRS CO10)C Dollfus
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Service d hématologie et d oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Infect Dis 51:214-24. 2010..Given the limited therapeutic options available during the early years of these patients' lives and the challenge presented by treatment adherence during adolescence, the long-term outcomes among this population are encouraging...
- Growth of human immunodeficiency virus-uninfected children exposed to perinatal zidovudine for the prevention of mother-to-child human immunodeficiency virus transmissionNelly Briand
, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:325-32. 2006..Neither the total nor the postnatal duration of exposure was associated with changes in infant Z-scores from 6 weeks to 18 months of age...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir-based antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected naive children: rare protease inhibitor resistance mutations but high lamivudine/emtricitabine resistance at the time of virologic failurePierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:684-8. 2011..Lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) is now the protease inhibitor regimen of choice in the first-line antiretroviral therapy for children <6 years of age...
- Hematological safety of perinatal exposure to zidovudine in uninfected infants born to HIV type 1-infected women in ThailandNelly Briand
Institut National d Etudes Démographiques INED, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:1163-6. 2010..Despite the differences in hemoglobin levels, grade 3 or 4 anemia did not significantly differ by maternal or infant zidovudine duration. The clinical impact appeared modest, but longer exposure may warrant close monitoring...
- Previous antiretroviral therapy for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV does not hamper the initial response to PI-based multitherapy during subsequent pregnancyNelly Briand
CESP INSERM U1018, Equipe VIH et IST Le Kremlin Bicêtre, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:126-35. 2011..Few data are available on the possible long-term negative effects of a short exposure to antiretroviral therapy (ART) for prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT)...