- [Tuberculosis and HIV in Bangui, Central African Republic: strong prevalence and management difficulties]G Breton
Laboratoire de Retrovirologie, Institut Pasteur, Bangui
Med Trop (Mars) 62:623-6. 2002..In spite of the existence of a National Tuberculosis Control Program, diagnostic facilities remain limited and diagnosis of tuberculosis and HIV-infection is often delayed. Outpatient care must be improved...
- Failure of valacyclovir for herpes zoster in a moderately immunocompromised HIV-infected patientG Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 18:255-7. 2004..Clinical outcome was favorable after intravenous acyclovir. This case suggests careful monitoring of valacyclovir in HIV-infected patients is necessary...
- Determinants of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV type 1-infected patients with tuberculosis after initiation of antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, INSERM E0357, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 39:1709-12. 2004..These results have implications for the diagnosis of IRIS and the understanding of its pathogenesis...
- Treatment for tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in 34 HIV-infected patientsG Breton
Department of Internal Medicine, Paris VI University, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 16:1365-70. 2012..Treatment recommendations are nearly exclusively based on expert opinion...
- Characteristics and response to antiretroviral therapy of HIV-1-infected patients born in Africa and living in FranceG Breton
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales B, CHU Bichat, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
HIV Med 8:164-70. 2007..We describe the characteristics and response to antiretroviral therapy (ART) of HIV-infected patients born in Africa and living in France...
- [Antiretroviral therapy for HIV-infected patients with schizophrenia. Coordinated multidisciplinary management (7 cases)]Stéphanie Leclerc
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales B, Hopital Bichat, Paris
Presse Med 34:431-7. 2005....
- Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV-infected patients with disseminated histoplasmosisGuillaume Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, , Paris, France
AIDS 20:119-21. 2006..Partial immune reconstitution induced by HAART during disseminated histoplasmosis either related to the variety capsulatum or duboisii may be associated with immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome...
- Retroviral rebound syndrome with meningoencephalitis after cessation of antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Breton
Am J Med 114:769-70. 2003
- Reduced CD4 T cell activation and in vitro susceptibility to HIV-1 infection in exposed uninfected Central AfricansEvelyne Begaud
Institut Pasteur, Bangui, CAR
Retrovirology 3:35. 2006....
- Hair versus plasma concentrations as indicator of indinavir exposure in HIV-1-infected patients treated with indinavir/ritonavir combinationXavier Duval
Services des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Biostatistique et Recherche Clinique, Paris, France
AIDS 21:106-8. 2007....
- Upper respiratory tract involvement in the course of diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome in HIV-1-infected patients: report of 2 casesAgnes Meybeck
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales A, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 41:e22-6. 2005..DILS induces a large spectrum of clinical features. We describe 2 HIV-infected patients with upper respiratory tract involvement that occurred during the course of DILS...
- Evolution of protease and reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance-associated mutations in HIV-1-infected protease inhibitor-treated patients with persistent low viraemiaXavier Duval
Antivir Ther 10:197-9. 2005
- Tubulopathy consecutive to tenofovir-containing antiretroviral therapy in two patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1Guillaume Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:527-8. 2004..The risk of renal tubulopathy symptoms in patients on long-term tenofovir therapy should be noted...
- [Non tuberculous mycobacterial diseases]Homa Adle-Biassette
Service d'Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, , 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris cedex 18
Ann Pathol 23:216-35. 2003..Pathological examination has several interests: it may reveal an NTM disease, it provides a more rapid assessment of the infection than cultures, and helps to evaluate the virulence of NTM species identified by cultures...
- Paradoxical intracranial cryptococcoma in a human immunodeficiency virus-infected man being treated with combination antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Breton
, , Paris, France
Am J Med 113:155-7. 2002