Affiliation: Brest University Hospital
- Interest towards human, animal and object in children with autism spectrum disorders: an ethological approach at homeMarine Grandgeorge
Laboratory of Neurosciences de Brest, EA 4685, University of Bretagne Occidentale, Brest, France
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 24:83-93. 2015..To conclude, larger exploratory studies in natural settings conducted beyond ordinary human to human interactions are crucial for better understanding of the underlying mechanisms involved in social interactions in ASD. ..
- Autism spectrum disorders: head circumference and body length at birth are both relativeMarine Grandgeorge
Centre de Ressources Autisme, CHRU de Brest, hôpital de Bohars, Bohars, France
Acta Paediatr 102:901-7. 2013..Additional comparisons on morphological disproportions at birth included the head circumference-to-height and head circumference-to-weight ratios...
- Does pet arrival trigger prosocial behaviors in individuals with autism?Marine Grandgeorge
CHRU de Brest, hôpital de Bohars, Centre de Ressources Autisme, Bohars, France
PLoS ONE 7:e41739. 2012..Given the potential ability of individuals with autism to develop prosocial behaviors, related studies are needed to better understand the mechanisms involved in the development of such child-pet relationship...
- Human-animal relationships: from daily life to animal-assisted therapiesMarine Grandgeorge
Laboratoire Ethos, Ethologie Animal et Humaine, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Ann Ist Super Sanita 47:397-408. 2011..Improvements are observed, but again sound scientific data are mostly missing. Attention must be given to the welfare of the animals being used...
- Environmental factors influence language development in children with autism spectrum disordersMarine Grandgeorge
Universite de Rennes 1, Ethos, UMR 6552 CNRS Ethologie animale et humaine, Rennes, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4683. 2009..However, animal research suggests that different behavioural traits can be differentially affected by genetic/environmental factors...
- Treating Fragile X syndrome with the diuretic bumetanide: a case reportEric Lemonnier
Laboratory of Neurosciences de Brest, University of Bretagne Occidentale, Brest, France
Acta Paediatr 102:e288-90. 2013..In keeping with extensive clinical use of this diuretic, the only side effect was a small hypokalaemia. A double-blind clinical trial is warranted to test the efficacy of bumetanide in FRX...