- Adenine nucleotide translocase family: four isoforms for apoptosis modulation in cancerC Brenner
Univ Paris Sud, Chatenay Malabry, France
Oncogene 30:883-95. 2011..In this review, we introduce the current knowledge of ANT in apoptosis and cancer cells and propose a novel classification of ANT isoforms...
- Physiological roles of the permeability transition poreCatherine Brenner
INSERM UMR S 769, LabEx LERMIT, Universite de Paris Sud, 5, rue JB Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
Circ Res 111:1237-47. 2012..Based on its involvement in normal physiology and human pathology, a better understanding of this channel and its roles remains a major goal for basic scientists and clinicians...
- Carbon monoxide prevents hepatic mitochondrial membrane permeabilizationCláudia S F Queiroga
Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnologica IBET, Apartado 12, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
BMC Cell Biol 12:10. 2011..Mitochondria are key organelles in cell death control via their membrane permeabilization and the release of pro-apoptotic factors...
- Increased expression of VDAC1 sensitizes carcinoma cells to apoptosis induced by DNA cross-linking agentsOssama Sharaf el Dein
INSERM UMR S 769, LabEx LERMIT, Universite Paris Sud 11, 5 rue J B Clement, Chatenay Malabry, France
Biochem Pharmacol 83:1172-82. 2012..These data indicate that increased expression of VDAC1 appears as a promising strategy to improve DNA cross-linker-induced chemotherapy...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress inhibition enhances liver tolerance to ischemia/reperfusionC Peralta
Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Centro Esther Koplowitz, Spain
Curr Med Chem 18:2016-24. 2011..Therefore, inhibition of the endoplasmic reticulum stress could constitute a promising therapeutic strategy to limit cellular damage in pathologies such as hepatic ischemia/reperfusion...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3-mediated voltage-dependent anion channel phosphorylation controls outer mitochondrial membrane permeability during lipid accumulationCecile Martel
INSERM U769, LabEx LERMIT, Universite Paris Sud, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry, France
Hepatology 57:93-102. 2013..Pharmacological and genetic manipulations proved GSK3 to be responsible for VDAC phosphorylation in normal cells. Notably, VDAC phosphorylation level correlated with steatosis severity in patients...
- Withaferin A induces apoptosis in human melanoma cells through generation of reactive oxygen species and down-regulation of Bcl-2Eleonore Mayola
INSERM UMR S 769, Universite Paris Sud 11, 5 rue JB Clement, 92296, Chatenay Malabry, France
Apoptosis 16:1014-27. 2011..Altogether, these results support the therapeutic potential of WFA against human melanoma...
- Decoding cell death signals in liver inflammationCatherine Brenner
INSERM, UMRS 769, LabEx LERMIT, F 92290 Chatenay Malabry, France Université de Paris Sud Paris VI, Faculte de Pharmacie, F 92290 Chatenay Malabry, France
J Hepatol 59:583-94. 2013..In this review, we discuss the cellular and molecular mechanisms that account for the most deleterious effect of hepatic inflammation at the cellular level, that is, the initiation of a massive cell death response among hepatocytes. ..
- Inhibition of the Mitochondrial Permeability Transition for Cytoprotection: Direct versus Indirect MechanismsCecile Martel
LabEx LERMIT, INSERM U769, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Paris Sud, 5 rue J B Clement, 92290 Chatenay Malabry, France
Biochem Res Int 2012:213403. 2012..Here, we will review recent strategies to preserve mitochondrial functions via direct or indirect mechanisms of MPT inhibition. Thus, several mitochondrial proteins may be considered for cytoprotective-targeted therapies...
- The adenine nucleotide translocase 2, a mitochondrial target for anticancer biotherapyOssama Sharaf el Dein
INSERM U, Universite de Paris Sud, Faculte de Pharmacie, PRES UniverSud Paris Châtenay Malabry, France
Curr Drug Targets 12:894-901. 2011....