- A multi-center trial of the effects of oral nutritional supplementation in critically ill older inpatients. GAGE Group. Groupe Aquitain Geriatrique d'EvaluationI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de Gériatrie du Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac, France
Nutrition 16:1-5. 2000..38, P = 0.04). In conclusion, it was possible to increase the dietary intake of critically ill elderly subjects by systematic use of oral supplements. This intervention was associated with a decreased risk of pressure ulcer incidence...
- Nutritional supplementation in elderly people during the course of catabolic illnessesI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cèdex France
J Nutr Health Aging 4:28-30. 2000..Thus, we propose to support the critically ill patients using oral supplementation (which is usually safe, when they are able to eat) on the basis of nutritional risk recognition...
- Five-year mortality in elderly French subjects from the PAQUID epidemiologival survey: the burden of diabetesI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de Gériatrie du Centre Hospitalo, Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac, France
Diabet Med 15:830-5. 1998..0-1.8], p = 0.01), in addition to tobacco use, hypertension and functional dependency. These results confirm suggestions that diabetes increases mortality in the over-65 age group, perhaps with an adverse interaction with other pathology...
- Functional and metabolic early changes in calf muscle occurring during nutritional repletion in malnourished elderly patientsI Bourdel-Marchasson
Département de Gériatrie du Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Am J Clin Nutr 73:832-8. 2001..Metabolic alterations in skeletal muscle associated with malnutrition and the potential reversibility of such alterations during refeeding are not fully understood...
- Incidence and predictors of drug-treated diabetes in elderly French subjects. The PAQUID Epidemiological SurveyI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Pessac, France
Diabet Med 17:675-81. 2000..To estimate the incidence and predictors of drug-treated diabetes in elderly subjects...
- [Annual incidence and risk factors for nosocomial bacterial infections in an acute care geriatric unit]I Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU de Bordeaux, 33604 Pessac, France
Rev Med Interne 22:1056-63. 2001..Elderly inpatients are particularly exposed to the risk of nosocomial infections, thus the study of their risk factors and consequences is of interest...
- Antioxidant defences and oxidative stress markers in erythrocytes and plasma from normally nourished elderly Alzheimer patientsI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Age Ageing 30:235-41. 2001..to investigate blood markers of oxidative stress, and enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants in normally nourished elderly people with Alzheimer's disease...
- Muscle phosphocreatine post-exercise recovery rate is related to functional evaluation in hospitalized and community-living older peopleI Bourdel-Marchasson
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 11:215-21. 2007..to explore muscle mitochondria function with respect to age, functional status and nutrition in community-living and recovering hospitalized older subjects...
- A randomized controlled trial on early physiotherapy intervention versus usual care in acute care unit for elderly: potential benefits in light of dietary intakesC Blanc-Bisson
CHU de Bordeaux, Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33600 Pessac cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 12:395-9. 2008..To evaluate effects of early intensive physiotherapy during acute illness on post hospitalization activity daily living autonomy (ADL)...
- Characteristics of undiagnosed diabetes in community-dwelling French elderly: the 3C studyI Bourdel-Marchasson
Geriatric Department, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:257-64. 2007..021). A significant number of undiagnosed elderly had poor glucose control suggesting a potential benefit for diabetes screening in the elderly...
- Caring the elderly diabetic patient with respect to concepts of successful aging and frailtyI Bourdel-Marchasson
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU de Bordeaux, F 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 31:5S13-5S19. 2005..It is now recommended to screen elderly diabetic patients for frailty criteria. The effect of combined individualized diabetes care and CGA on the aging profile should be investigated...
- Nutritional strategy in the management of heart failure in adultsI Bourdel-Marchasson
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 1:363-73. 2001..Long term nutritional supplementation trials in patients with CHF and cachexia are thus required to establish recommendations for the nutritional management of patients with CHF...
- [Significance of cholesterol levels in patients 75 years or older]T Traissac
Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, Département de Médecine Gériatrique, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Centre Henri Choussat, Pessac
Presse Med 34:1525-32. 2005....
- Is a 24-h cyclic closed enteral feeding system microbiologically safe in geriatric patients?P Lafourcade
Centre de gériatrie Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac Cedex, France
Clin Nutr 21:315-20. 2002..The microbiological quality of a 1-l closed enteral feeding system (CS) was prospectively monitored under clinical conditions simulating cyclic feeding over a 24-h period in geriatric patients...
- Disability and quality of life in elderly people with diabetesI Bourdel-Marchasson
Departement de Geriatrie, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, CHU Bordeaux Pessac, France
Diabetes Metab 33:S66-74. 2007....