Jean Philippe Boulenger
- No association between non-violent suicidal behavior and the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphismPhilippe Courtet
Department of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Lapeyronie Hospital, INSERM E99 30, Montpellier, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 116:72-6. 2003..Thus, the genetically altered expression of the 5-HT transporter might be associated with more severe or violent suicidal behavior, but not with non-violent suicidal behavior...
- [Anxiety and adjustment disorders]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, CHU Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier
Rev Prat 53:1715-22. 2003
- A 24-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of escitalopram for the prevention of generalized social anxiety disorderStuart A Montgomery
Imperial College, London, UK
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1270-8. 2005..The present relapse prevention study investigated relapse rates during a 24-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled period in patients with generalized SAD who had responded to 12-week open-label treatment with escitalopram...
- A randomized clinical study of Lu AA21004 in the prevention of relapse in patients with major depressive disorderJean Philippe Boulenger
CHRU de Montpellier, Universite Montpellier I, Montpellier, France
J Psychopharmacol 26:1408-16. 2012..The withdrawal rates due to adverse events were 8% (open-label), and 3% (placebo) and 8% (Lu AA21004) (double-blind). Thus, Lu AA21004 was effective in preventing relapse of MDD and was well tolerated as maintenance treatment...
- [Atypical panic attacks]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, CHRU de Montpellier et université Montpellier l, 34295 Montpellier Cedex
Rev Prat 59:495-8. 2009..The semiological analysis of these attacks, their clinical background and their occurrence in young adults, mostly women, will contribute to the right diagnosis of these emotional reactions so frequent in general practice...
- [Emotional consequences of psychological trauma]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Hôpital La Colombière, 4295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Rev Prat 59:963-8. 2009..Apart from specific psychiatric syndromes the treatment of adjustment disorders will rely mainly on social and psychological interventions; the use of psychotropic drugs will be prudent and limited in time...
- [Rationalizing the prescription of antidepressants]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte et Inserm U 888, CHU de Montpellier, Universite Montpellier 1, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
Rev Prat 58:395-402. 2008..The recommended duration of treatment for a depressive episode is six months and the medication should he tapered off progressively in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms...
- Baseline anxiety effect on outcome of SSRI treatment in patients with severe depression: escitalopram vs paroxetineJ P Boulenger
CHU de Montpellier, Universite Montpellier 1, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:605-14. 2010..To investigate if treatment outcome for severely depressed patients depends on their baseline level of anxiety...
- [Anxiety syndromes: clinical features and classification]Jean Philippe Boulenger
CHU de Montpellier, Hôpital La Colombière, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
Rev Prat 60:777-81. 2010..Early diagnosis and treatment of anxiety disorders are crucial since they represent an important risk factor for the secondary development of depressive episodes...
- A comparative study of the efficacy of long-term treatment with escitalopram and paroxetine in severely depressed patientsJ P Boulenger
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU de Montpellier and INSERM E361, France
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1331-41. 2006..This randomised, double-blind, fixed-dose study evaluated the efficacy of escitalopram and paroxetine in the long-term treatment of severely depressed patients with major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Residual symptoms of depression: clinical and theoretical implicationsJean Philippe Boulenger
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU de Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Eur Psychiatry 19:209-13. 2004....
- [French adaptation and validation of the scale to assess unawareness of mental disorder]Stéphane Raffard
Docteur en Psychologie Clinique, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHU Montpellier, Universite de Montpellier, France
Can J Psychiatry 55:523-31. 2010..To validate the French version of the Scale to Assess Unawareness of Mental Disorder (SUMD) in patients with schizophrenia...
- Competence to consent and insight in schizophrenia: is there an association? A pilot studyDelphine Capdevielle
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHU Montpellier, University Montpellier 1, France
Schizophr Res 108:272-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore the correlations existing between the competence to consent to treatment and the level of awareness of the disease (insight) in patients suffering from schizophrenia in a cross-sectional study...
- Frequent attendance in family practice and common mental disorders in an open access health care systemJoanna Norton
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, France
J Psychosom Res 72:413-8. 2012..However little is known about specific psychiatric disorders and whether this behavior extends to specialist services, in an open access fee-for-service health care system...
- Insight and executive functioning in schizophrenia: a multidimensional approachStéphane Raffard
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU, Universite Montpellier 1, France
Psychiatry Res 167:239-50. 2009..The analysis indicates that poor insight in schizophrenia may be partially related to executive dysfunction. Finally, our study emphasizes the possible role of neuropsychological intervention in improving patients' insight into illness...
- The mental health of doctor-shoppers: experience from a patient-led fee-for-service primary care settingJoanna Norton
INSERM U888, Pathologies of the Nervous System, Montpellier, France
J Affect Disord 131:428-32. 2011....
- Gender and genotype modulation of the association between lipid levels and depressive symptomatology in community-dwelling elderly (the ESPRIT study)Marie Laure Ancelin
Institut de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm and University of Montpellier 1, Hôpital La Colombière, Centre hospitalier universitaire CHU, Montpellier, France
Biol Psychiatry 68:125-32. 2010..Lipids appear to mediate depressive vulnerability in the elderly; however, sex differences and genetic vulnerability have not been taken into account in previous prospective studies...
- A further evaluation of decision-making under risk and under ambiguity in schizophreniaGuillaume Fond
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 263:249-57. 2013..Lower gains on the GDT were associated with executive dysfunctioning in schizophrenia. These findings give evidence that schizophrenia patients display impairments in both decision-making under ambiguity and under risk...
- Impairments of social motor coordination in schizophreniaManuel Varlet
Movement to Health Laboratory, EuroMov, Montpellier 1 University, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 7:e29772. 2012..Our study thus identified relational motor signatures of schizophrenia and opens new perspectives for detecting the illness and improving social interactions of patients...
- Use of the PRIME-MD Patient Health Questionnaire for estimating the prevalence of psychiatric disorders in French primary care: comparison with family practitioner estimates and relationship to psychotropic medication useJoanna Norton
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U888, Hôpital La Colombière, Pavillon 42, 39 av Charles Flahault, BP 34493, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:285-93. 2007....
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome-like reaction precipitated by antipsychotics in a patient with gamma-butyrolactone withdrawalCéline Eiden
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
J Addict Med 5:302-3. 2011..So, it seems important to rapidly detect drugs taken by patients with mental agitation, to optimize management and minimize complications related to drugs...
- Insight is not associated with insensitivity to future consequences in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Universites Montpellier 1, Montpellier 3 et St Etienne, France
Psychiatry Res 187:307-9. 2011..No association was found between insight and IGT scores. Our results suggest that impaired decision-making ability in schizophrenia patients cannot be solely predicted by lack of insight...
- Exploring self-defining memories in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Department of Adult Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Memory 17:26-38. 2009..Furthermore, the findings suggest that impairments in extracting meaning from personal memories could represent a core disturbance of autobiographical memory in patients with schizophrenia...
- Narrative identity in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Cognitive Psychopathology and Neuropsychology Unit, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Conscious Cogn 19:328-40. 2010..Our results suggest that schizophrenia patients have difficulties to organize and extract meaning from their past experiences in order to create coherent personal narratives...
- Dissociating self-reported cognitive complaint from clinical insight in schizophreniaSophie Bayard
Sleep Disorder Unit, University Department of Neurology, University of Montpellier 1, 34295 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Eur Psychiatry 24:251-8. 2009..Assessment of cognitive complaint and awareness of illness need to be assessed before engagement in rehabilitation program...
- Persistence of abnormal cortisol levels in elderly persons after recovery from major depressionIsabelle Beluche
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, France
J Psychiatr Res 43:777-83. 2009....
- Antipsychotics-induced ischaemic colitis and gastrointestinal necrosis: a review of the French pharmacovigilance databaseHelene Peyriere
Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, Lapeyronie Hospital, CHU Montpellier, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:948-55. 2009..First- and second-generation antipsychotics commonly cause mild gastrointestinal hypomotility. Intestinal necrosis may be a consequence of such gastrointestinal perturbations...
- [Mental handicap. Administrative supervision, trusteeship, safeguard of justice]Françoise Causse
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, CHRU La Colombière, Montpellier
Rev Prat 57:1823-8. 2007
- Improved symptom control, functioning and satisfaction in French patients treated with long-acting injectable risperidoneP M Llorca
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Psychiatrie B, Place Henri Dunand, 63003 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Encephale 34:170-8. 2008..To investigate the efficacy and tolerability of direct initiation of long-acting injectable risperidone (LAIR) in adults with schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders requiring a change of treatment...
- Abnormal reactions to environmental stress in elderly persons with anxiety disorders: evidence from a population study of diurnal cortisol changesIsabelle Chaudieu
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, F 34093 France
J Affect Disord 106:307-13. 2008..Cortisol secretion in elderly persons with anxiety disorders exposed to common stressful situations has not been evaluated...