- Fasting insulin sensitivity indices are not better than routine clinical variables at predicting insulin sensitivity among Black Africans: a clamp study in sub-Saharan AfricansEugene Sobngwi
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon
BMC Endocr Disord 14:65. 2014..We aimed to evaluate the predictive utility of common fasting insulin sensitivity indices, and non-laboratory surrogates [BMI, waist circumference (WC) and waist-to-height ratio (WHtR)] in sub-Saharan Africans without diabetes...
- Hyperglycaemia acutely decreases circulating dehydroepiandrosterone levels in healthy menP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, University of Paris VII Medical School, Paris 10, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64:46-52. 2006..This study was conducted in order to evaluate the effect of glucose-insulin homeostasis on adrenal steroids and was designed to separate the effects of hyperglycaemia from those of insulin...
- Absence of exercise-induced variations in adiponectin levels despite decreased abdominal adiposity and improved insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetic menP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Saint Louis University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hospitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 149:421-4. 2003..We investigated the effect of an intensive training program on fasting leptin and adiponectin levels...
- Exercise training-induced triglyceride lowering negatively correlates with DHEA levels in men with type 2 diabetesP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Saint Louis University Hospital, Paris, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1108-12. 2001..To investigate the effect of an exercise training program on lipid profile in correlation with DHEA level and body weight and body composition in type 2 diabetic men...
- Hirsutism and acne in women: coordinated radioimmunoassays for eight relevant plasma steroidsJ Fiet
Laboratoire de Biologie Hormonale, , Paris, France
Clin Chem 40:2296-305. 1994..Finally, the measurement of the eight steroids as a diagnostic method is evaluated with reference to data from 203 patients with hirsutism and (or) acne...
- Effects of minoxidil 2% vs. cyproterone acetate treatment on female androgenetic alopecia: a controlled, 12-month randomized trialP Vexiau
Endocrinology Service, diabétologie et nutrition, Hopital St Louis, 75010 Paris, France
Br J Dermatol 146:992-9. 2002..Hormone studies have demonstrated the androgen-dependent character of female androgenetic alopecia, but there have been few controlled studies of therapies for alopecia in women...
- An unusual somatotropin and thyreotropin secreting pituitary adenoma efficiently controlled by Octreotide and PegvisomantT Meas
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux 75010 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 67:249-52. 2006..The co-treatment was well tolerated and induced a synergic effect on IGF1 levels that allowed us to use low doses of both therapies...
- Highly sensitive and specific time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay (TR-FIA) of cyproterone acetate and free cyproteroneJ Fiet
Laboratoire d Hormonologie, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 Avenue Claude Vellefauz, 75475 Cedex 10, Paris, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 75:315-22. 2000..Theses plasma TR-FIA of Cyproterone acetate and Cyproterone presented the advantage of needing only small doses of radioactivity for recovery controls, and better practicability related to the only existing RIA described to date...
- Role of androgens in female-pattern androgenetic alopecia, either alone or associated with other symptoms of hyperandrogenismP Vexiau
Endocrinology Service, H pital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol Res 292:598-604. 2000....
- Plasma 17-OH pregnenolone: comparison of a time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay using a new tracer 17-OH pregnenolone-3-oxyacetyl-biotine with a radioimmunoassay using 125I 17-OH pregnenolone-3-hemisuccinate-histamineJ Fiet
Laboratoire de Biologie Hormonale, , 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Cedex 10, Paris, France
Steroids 66:81-6. 2001..A practical advantage is the stability of the biotine tracer, comparatively to the radioactive 125I 17-hydroxypregnenolone tracer which requires a new labeling every two months...
- A very high incidence of low 25 hydroxy-vitamin D serum concentration in a French population of patients with primary hyperparathyroidismP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Endocrinol Invest 29:511-5. 2006....
- Characterization of human NOV in biological fluids: an enzyme immunoassay for the quantification of human NOV in sera from patients with diseases of the adrenal gland and of the nervous systemH Thibout
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medical, U 515, Prolifération, Differenciation et Processus Tumoraux, Bâtiment Kourilsky, Hopital St Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:327-36. 2003..The concentration of NOVH was significantly decreased in patients suffering from astrocytomas or multiple sclerosis, two diseases of the nervous system. Thus, NOVH is a potentially useful marker for the diagnosis of these diseases...