Genomes and Genes
- Ultrasonic assessment of hepatic blood flow as a marker of mouse hepatocarcinomaPhilippe Bonnin
Cardiovascular Research Center, INSERM, Lariboisiere, INSERM U689, Paris, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:561-70. 2007....
- Anti-TNFα therapy early improves hemodynamics in local intestinal and extraintestinal circulations in active Crohn's diseasePhilippe Bonnin
Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Physiologie Clinique Explorations Fonctionnelles, 75010, Paris, France
J Crohns Colitis 7:451-9. 2013..We prospectively studied hemodynamics in feeding arteries of bowel and eyes before and 2 weeks after treatment induction with anti-TNFα...
- Ultrasound assessment of short-term ocular vascular effects of intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (Avastin(®) ) in neovascular age-related macular degenerationPhilippe Bonnin
Lariboisiere Hospital, University of Paris, Paris, France
Acta Ophthalmol 88:641-5. 2010..However, evolution to retinal atrophy cannot be ruled out and it may be useful to assess the effects of antiangiogenic therapy on retinal and choroidal circulation...
- Ultrasonic assessment of cerebral blood flow changes during ischemia-reperfusion in 7-day-old ratsPhilippe Bonnin
AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Universite Denis Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:913-22. 2008..In preclinical studies, this method could help to identify what can be assigned to a neuroprotective treatment and what depends on changes in cerebral blood flow supply...
- Ultrasound imaging of renal vaso-occlusive events in transgenic sickle mice exposed to hypoxic stressPhilippe Bonnin
Centre de Recherche Cardiovasculaire Inserm Lariboisiere, INSERM U689, Paris, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:1076-84. 2008..Thus, ultrasound imaging of the renal artery in mouse is a powerful, noninvasive, easy-to-repeat method to evidence circulatory changes in murine models of vascular renal human diseases...
- Sildenafil mediates blood-flow redistribution and neuroprotection after neonatal hypoxia-ischemiaChristiane Charriaut-Marlangue
From the Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U1141, Paris, France C C M, T N, A P D, P L L, Z C, J P, T B, O B PremUP Foundation, Paris, France C C M, P L L, J P, O B Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Physiologie Clinique Explorations Fonctionnelles, Paris, France P B Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM, U965, Paris, France P B UPMC, Paris Universitas, AP HP, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Service de Reanimation, Pédiatrique, Paris, France S R and Univ Paris Diderot, Takayama
Stroke 45:850-6. 2014..Our objective was to examine whether boosting NO-cGMP signaling using sildenafil citrate, a phosphodiesterase-type 5 inhibitor, could modify cerebral blood flow and reduce lesions in the developing brain...
- Nitric oxide signaling in the brain: a new target for inhaled nitric oxide?Christiane Charriaut-Marlangue
Paris Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U676, Paris, France PremUP Foundation
Ann Neurol 73:442-8. 2013..This review provides new insights into the short- and long-term effects of endogenous and exogenous NO in brain injury...
- Impact of intracranial blood-flow redistribution on stroke size during ischemia-reperfusion in 7-day-old ratsPhilippe Bonnin
AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Universite Denis Diderot Paris7, France
J Neurosci Methods 198:103-9. 2011..Ultrasound imaging can evidence the establishment or not of the cerebral collateral recruitment, leading to the presence or absence of a lesion. This novel approach should greatly help preclinical studies to reduce animal variability...
- Dynamic spatio-temporal imaging of early reflow in a neonatal rat stroke modelPierre Louis Leger
Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U676, Univ Paris Diderot, Paris, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 33:137-45. 2013....
- Dual action of NO synthases on blood flow and infarct volume consecutive to neonatal focal cerebral ischemiaPhilippe Bonnin
Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Physiologie Clinique Explorations Fonctionnelles, 75010 Paris, France
Exp Neurol 236:50-7. 2012..In conclusion, both nNOS and eNOS appear to play a key role in modulating arterial blood flow during ischemia mainly in male pups with subsequent modifications in infarct lesion...
- Inhaled nitric oxide reduces brain damage by collateral recruitment in a neonatal stroke modelChristiane Charriaut-Marlangue
University Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U676 and NICU, Robert Debré Children s Hospital, 48 Bd Serurier 75019 Paris, France
Stroke 43:3078-84. 2012..Our objective was to examine whether iNO could modify cerebral blood flow during ischemia-reperfusion and reduce lesions in the developing brain...
- Angiotensinogen delays angiogenesis and tumor growth of hepatocarcinoma in transgenic miceFrancois Vincent
Chaire de Médecine Expérimentale, Inserm U833, College de France, Paris, France
Cancer Res 69:2853-60. 2009..Overexpression of human angiotensinogen decreases angiogenesis, and prevents tumor sinusoids from remodeling and arterialization, thus delaying tumor progression in vivo...
- Chronic hypoxia-induced angiogenesis normalizes blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive ratsJose Vilar
Cardiovascular Research Center, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Lariboisière Unit 689, and Université Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Circ Res 103:761-9. 2008....
- Ischemic postconditioning fails to protect against neonatal cerebral strokePierre Louis Leger
Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM, U676, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e49695. 2012..The absence of acute hyperemia during early CCA re-flow, and the lack of NO-dependent vasoreactivity in P7 rat brain could in part explain the inefficiency of ischemic postconditioning after ischemia-reperfusion...
- Endothelin receptor antagonism prevents hypoxia-induced mortality and morbidity in a mouse model of sickle-cell diseaseNathalie Sabaa
Cardiovascular Research Center Lariboisiere, INSERM U689, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 118:1924-33. 2008..These findings in mice suggest that ETRA could be a potential new therapy for SCD, as it may prevent acute VOC and limit organ damage in sickle-cell patients...
- Noninvasive assessment of endothelial function in the skin microcirculationHaythem Debbabi
Department of Non Invasive Investigations, Cardiovascular Research Centre, PARCC Inserm U970, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 23:541-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether the laser Doppler response of skin microcirculation to acetylcholine, reflects that of conduit artery assessed by brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD)...
- Neuropilin-1 is upregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and contributes to tumour growth and vascular remodellingMathieu Berge
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris 7, France
J Hepatol 55:866-75. 2011..Recent studies revealed an important role of NRP1 in angiogenesis and malignant progression of many cancers. The role of NRP1 in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is not completely understood...
- Serotonin and angiotensin receptors in cardiac fibroblasts coregulate adrenergic-dependent cardiac hypertrophyFabrice Jaffré
Institut National de Santé et de Recherche Médicale, U839, Paris, France
Circ Res 104:113-23. 2009..Accordingly, antagonists of 5-HT(2B) receptors might represent novel therapeutics for sympathetic overstimulation-dependent heart failure...
- Inhaled NO prevents hyperoxia-induced white matter damage in neonatal ratsHoa Pham
INSERM, UMR 676, 75019 Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, UFR de Médecine Denis Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 75010 Paris, France PremUP Foundation, 75014 Paris, France
Exp Neurol 252:114-23. 2014..These findings suggest that iNO exposure at low doses is specifically neuroprotective in an animal model combining injuries of the developing lung and brain that mimicked BPD and WMD in preterm infants...
- Effects of blood pressure control with perindopril/indapamide on the microcirculation in hypertensive patientsHaytem Debbabi
Department of Non Invasive Investigations, PARCC Inserm U, INSERM U, Lariboisiere Hospital, AP HP, University Paris Diderot, France
Am J Hypertens 23:1136-43. 2010....
- Unilateral blood flow decrease induces bilateral and symmetric responses in the immature brainSonia Villapol
UMR Centre de la Recherche Scientifique, Equipe Hypoxie et Ischemie du Cerveau en Development, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 175:2111-20. 2009..Additionally, the opposite healthy hemisphere is altered due to the injury and thus should not be used as an internal control...
- Small interfering RNAs induce target-independent inhibition of tumor growth and vasculature remodeling in a mouse model of hepatocellular carcinomaMathieu Berge
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, INSERM U965 Equipe Labellisée LIGUE 2009, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 177:3192-201. 2010..Our results suggest that synthetic siRNAs inhibit target-independently HCC growth and angiogenesis through the activation of the innate interferon response and by directly inhibiting endothelial cell function...
- Lutheran/basal cell adhesion molecule accelerates progression of crescentic glomerulonephritis in miceJin Huang
1 Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France 2 Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Kidney Int 85:1123-36. 2014..Thus, Lu/BCAM may have a critical role in facilitating the accumulation of monocytes and macrophages, thereby exacerbating renal injury. ..
- B lymphocytes trigger monocyte mobilization and impair heart function after acute myocardial infarctionYasmine Zouggari
1 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, Unit 970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris, France 2 Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France 3
Nat Med 19:1273-80. 2013..This work identifies a crucial interaction between mature B lymphocytes and monocytes after acute myocardial ischemia and identifies new therapeutic targets for acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Flow-mediated vasodilatation of carotid and brachial arteries in healthy subjects and in lacunar stroke patientsPhilippa C Lavallee
Department of Neurology and Stroke Centre, Bichat University Hospital and Medical School, Paris, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1165-9. 2006..CCA vasodilatation induced by CO(2) inhalation and NTG administration can be measured. The strong negative correlation between CCA- and BA-FMVD suggests that there could be different mechanisms of vasodilatation...
- Cardiac and renal effects of levosimendan, arginine vasopressin, and norepinephrine in lipopolysaccharide-treated rabbitsValerie Faivre
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 06, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 103:514-21. 2005..The aim of the current study was to assess, invasively and noninvasively, whether levosimendan, arginine vasopressin, and norepinephrine, either alone or combined, may modify sepsis-induced myocardial dysfunction and renal hemodynamics...
- Ultrasound assessment of ocular vascular effects of repeated intravitreal injections of ranibizumab for wet age-related macular degenerationPhilippe Bonnin
Sorbonne Paris Cité, AP HP, Lariboisiere Hospital, Department of Clinical Physiology Functional Investigations, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France Sorbonne Paris Cite, INSERM, U965, Paris Diderot University, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Acta Ophthalmol 92:e382-7. 2014..5 mg; 0.05 ml) on retrobulbar blood flow velocities (BFVs) using ultrasound imaging quantification in twenty patients with exudative age-related macular degeneration treated for 6 months...
- Orthotopic animal model of pseudomyxoma peritonei: An in vivo model to test anti-angiogenic drug effectsAnthony Dohan
INSERM U965, C A R T Carcinomatosis Angiogenesis and Translational Research, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, AP HP, Paris, France Department of Body and Interventional Imaging, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Electronic address
Am J Pathol 184:1920-9. 2014..Our murine model allows researchers to actually bench test and evaluate, in preclinical studies, the efficacy of new therapeutic strategies and anti-angiogenic therapies...
- Tumor and non-tumor liver angiogenesis is traced and evaluated by hepatic arterial ultrasound in murine modelsClarisse Eveno
Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM, UMR S 965, Paris, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 38:1195-204. 2012..1 ± 1.8 and 17.5 ± 2.4 cm s(-1), respectively, (p < 0.01) then returned to baseline as liver volume. Duplex Doppler ultrasonography reliably assesses normal or tumor angiogenesis and may provide follow-up functional evaluation...
- TGF-beta activity protects against inflammatory aortic aneurysm progression and complications in angiotensin II-infused miceYu Wang
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Université Paris Descartes and Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 120:422-32. 2010..These results clearly identify a critical role for TGF-beta in the taming of the innate immune response and the preservation of vessel integrity in C57BL/6 mice, which contrasts with its reported pathogenic role in Marfan syndrome...
- Increasing maternal blood pressure with ephedrine increases uterine artery blood flow velocity during uterine contractionLaurent Ducros
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Lariboisière, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 96:612-6. 2002..The purpose of the study was to assess the effects of ephedrine on uterine artery velocities and resistance index using the Doppler technique during the active phase of labor...
- Transcranial duplex sonography for monitoring circle of Willis artery occlusion in a rat embolic stroke modelBertrand Lapergue
INSERM, U698, Hopital X Bichat, Universite Denis Diderot, Paris 7, Paris, France
J Neurosci Methods 197:289-96. 2011....
- Erythrocyte microparticles can induce kidney vaso-occlusions in a murine model of sickle cell diseaseStéphane M Camus
Paris Center for Cardiovascular Research, INSERM UMR s 970, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, et Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Blood 120:5050-8. 2012..These MPs induce endothelial injury and facilitate acute vaso-occlusive events in transgenic SAD mice. This work supports a novel concept that toxic erythrocyte MPs may connect sickle cell anemia to vascular disease...
- Protection against myocardial infarction and no-reflow through preservation of vascular integrity by angiopoietin-like 4Ariane Galaup
College de France, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, Paris, F 75005, France
Circulation 125:140-9. 2012..Angiopoietins are pivotal modulators of cell-cell junctions and vascular integrity. We hypothesized that hypoxic induction of angiopoietin-like protein 4 (ANGPTL4) might modulate vascular damage, infarct size, and no-reflow during AMI...
- Systemic inflammation disrupts the developmental program of white matterGeraldine Favrais
INSERM U676, Denis Diderot Faculty of Medicine, University of Paris 7, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 70:550-65. 2011..The goal of the present study was to test the hypothesis that moderate systemic inflammation is sufficient to alter white matter development...
- Maternal serotonin influences cardiac function in adult offspringCécile Fligny
Unité Mixte de Recherche 7091 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire de la Neurotransmission et des Processus Neurodegeneratifs, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
FASEB J 22:2340-9. 2008..Thus, plasma 5-HT concentration may be a useful index of heart failure. These findings show that cardiac function, through the plasma 5-HT concentration, is influenced by the maternal serotonergic status...
- The effects of a polymerized bovine-derived hemoglobin solution in a rabbit model of arterial thrombosis and bleedingEmmanuel Marret
Departments of Anesthesiology and Critical Care and Emergency Medicine and Surgery, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 98:604-10, table of contents. 2004..IMPLICATIONS: In a rabbit thrombosis and hemorrhagic model, a polymerized bovine-derived hemoglobin solution and a gelatin solution infusion decreased arterial thrombosis and lengthened bleeding time...
- Clinical and hemodynamic responses to balloon test occlusion of the straight sinus: technical case reportEmmanuel Houdart
Department of Neuroradiology and Therapeutic Angiography, Hĵpital Lariboisière, Paris, France
Neurosurgery 51:254-6; discussion 256-7. 2002..We describe a patient with a falcine meningioma who underwent endovascular balloon test occlusion of the straight sinus before surgical resection...
- Recombinant activated factor VII decreases bleeding without increasing arterial thrombosis in rabbitsMaurizio Fattorutto
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Can J Anaesth 51:672-9. 2004..To compare the effects of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in an experimental model of bleeding and arterial thrombosis...