- Assessment of trabecular bone microarchitecture by two different x-ray microcomputed tomographs: a comparative study of the rat distal tibia using Skyscan and Scanco devicesN Bonnet
INSERM U658 CTI Caracterisation du Tissu Osseux par Imagerie, techniques et applications, Orleans Regional Hospital and University of Orleans, Orleans F 45000, France
Med Phys 36:1286-97. 2009....
- Combined effects of exercise and propranolol on bone tissue in ovariectomized ratsNicolas Bonnet
INSERM U658, CHR Orleans, Orleans, France
J Bone Miner Res 22:578-88. 2007..SNS blockade by propranolol did not affect this response on cortical bone but surprisingly inhibited the trabecular response. This suggests that the SNS is involved in the trabecular response to exercise but not in the cortical response...
- Doping dose of salbutamol and exercise: deleterious effect on cancellous and cortical bones in adult ratsN Bonnet
Caracterisation du Tissu Osseux par Imagerie, Techniques et Applications and Architecture du Tissu Osseux Exercise Physiology, Orleans Regional Hospital and University of Orleans, Orleans, France
J Appl Physiol 102:1502-9. 2007..These bone effects may have important consequences in athletes who use salbutamol as a doping substance...
- Protective effect of beta blockers in postmenopausal women: influence on fractures, bone density, micro and macroarchitectureN Bonnet
Inserm U658 CTI, Orleans Regional Hospital and University of Orleans, France
Bone 40:1209-16. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine if these agents can have a preventive or therapeutic effect in osteoporosis...
- Various effects of antidepressant drugs on bone microarchitectecture, mechanical properties and bone remodelingN Bonnet
Inserm U658 CTI, Caracterisation du Tissu Osseux par Imagerie, techniques et applications, centre hospitalier régional d Orléans, Universite d Orleans, 1, rue Porte Madeleine, F 45000 Orleans, France
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 221:111-8. 2007..Furthermore tofisopam anabolic effect in terms of bone markers, suggests a potential therapeutic effect of the PDE inhibitors on bone...
- Dose effects of propranolol on cancellous and cortical bone in ovariectomized adult ratsN Bonnet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U658, Hospital Regional d Orléans, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:1118-27. 2006..These results showed a dose effect of beta-blockers. The lower the dose of propranolol breeding, the better the preventive effect against ovariectomy...
- Leptin, central nervous system, and bone: influence of physical activityNicolas Bonnet
Inserm U658 CTI (Bone Tissue Characterization by Imaging, Techniques, and Applications, Department of rhumathology, , France
Joint Bone Spine 72:477-80. 2005
- Doping dose of salbutamol and exercise training: impact on the skeleton of ovariectomized ratsN Bonnet
INSERM U658, Caracterisation du Tissu Osseux par Imagerie, School of Sports Sciences and Physical Education, Orleans Regional Hospital, University of Orleans, France
J Appl Physiol 103:524-33. 2007..The negative effects of SAB on bone observed in this study in trained rats may indicate potential complications in doping female athletes with exercise-induced amenorrhea...
- Alteration of trabecular bone under chronic beta2 agonists treatmentNicolas Bonnet
Bone Microarchitecture Tissue and Physical Exercise and Architecture Bone Tissue, School of Sports Sciences and Physical Education, Orleans Regional Hospital and University of Orleans, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1493-501. 2005..Their side effects on bone, especially microarchitecture, remain unknown. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of chronic clenbuterol and salbutamol treatment on bones of growing rats...
- Severe bone alterations under beta2 agonist treatments: bone mass, microarchitecture and strength analyses in female ratsN Bonnet
Inserm U 658, CTI and ATOSEP, Orleans Regional Hospital and University of Orleans, 1, rue Porte Madeleine, France
Bone 37:622-33. 2005....
- Low dose beta-blocker prevents ovariectomy-induced bone loss in rats without affecting heart functionsN Bonnet
INSERM U658, CTI Caractérisation du tissu osseux par imagerie, techniques et applications, Universite d Orleans, Orleans, France
J Cell Physiol 217:819-27. 2008....
- Strict glycemic control reduces EuroSCORE expected mortality in diabetic patients undergoing myocardial revascularizationCosimo D'Alessandro
Institute of Cardiology, Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris, Paris, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:29-37. 2007..We sought to evaluate the effect of a strict glycemic control protocol on a series of diabetic patients undergoing surgical myocardial revascularization...
- Imaging techniques for evaluating bone microarchitectureEric Lespessailles
Service de Rhumatologie, CHR Orleans, 1, France
Joint Bone Spine 73:254-61. 2006..Regardless of the methods selected to assess bone microarchitecture, there is a need for validated standardized parameters capable of improving fracture risk prediction in longitudinal studies...
- Surgical or medical treatment for thrombus straddling the patent foramen ovale: impending paradoxical embolism? Report of four clinical cases and literature reviewElodie Fauveau
Service d exploration cardiovasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, 40, avenue de Verdun, 94000 Creteil, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 101:637-44. 2008..It occurs in the presence of pulmonary embolism and can be responsible for paradoxical embolism. The aim of this report is to guide the optimal choice of treatment for TSFO in different clinical contexts...
- Comparison of synchrotron radiation and conventional x-ray microcomputed tomography for assessing trabecular bone microarchitecture of human femoral headsChristine Chappard
Inserm U 658, 1 rue Porte Madeleine, Orleans Centre 45000, France
Med Phys 33:3568-77. 2006..CmicroCT provides a reliable 3D assessment of human defatted bone when working at the 0.23 degrees or 0.45 degrees rotation step; the 0.9 degrees rotation step may be insufficiently accurate for morphological bone analysis...
- The mode of bone conservation does not affect the architecture and the tensile properties of rat femursHelene Beaupied
Laboratoire ATOSEP, Universite d Orleans, Rue de Vendôme, BP 6237, 45062 ORLEANS CEDEX 2, France
Biomed Mater Eng 16:253-9. 2006..Therefore, one month storage in alcohol or deep-freezing seemed to induce no harmful effect on densitometric, microarchitectural and biomechanical parameters of rat femurs...
- Poor intraoperative blood glucose control is associated with a worsened hospital outcome after cardiac surgery in diabetic patientsAlexandre Ouattara
Institut de Cardiologie, , Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, , , Paris, France
Anesthesiology 103:687-94. 2005..2 (95% confidence interval, 2.7-19.0). CONCLUSION: Poor intraoperative control of blood glucose concentrations in diabetic patients undergoing cardiac surgery is associated with a worsened hospital outcome after surgery...
- GFP-transduced CD34+ and Lin- CD34- hematopoietic stem cells did not adopt a cardiac phenotype in a nonhuman primate model of myocardial infarctFrancoise Norol
Department of Biotherapy, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Exp Hematol 35:653-61. 2007..This study aims to evaluate their ability to differentiate into cells of cardiac lineage in a nonhuman primate mode of myocardial infarct...
- Influence of hypoxia on the domiciliation of mesenchymal stem cells after infusion into rats: possibilities of targeting pulmonary artery remodeling via cells therapies?Gael Y Rochefort
LABPART EA3852, IFR135, Universite Francois Rabelais, Faculte de Medecine, 10 boulevard Tonnelle, 370032 TOURS, France
Respir Res 6:125. 2005..Here, we focused on the possibility of targeting the hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery hypertension remodeling with systemic delivery of BM-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) into non-irradiated rats...
- Downregulation of the calcium current in human right atrial myocytes from patients in sinus rhythm but with a high risk of atrial fibrillationSylvie Dinanian
Cardiology Department, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Clamart, France
Eur Heart J 29:1190-7. 2008..A decrease in L-type calcium current (ICaL) is an important mechanism favouring atrial fibrillation (AF). Here, we aimed to identify pathogenic factors associated with ICaL downregulation...
- [Coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients with diabetes]Iradj Gandjbakhch
Bull Acad Natl Med 189:257-66; discussion 266-7. 2005..The use of mammary arteries improves long-term survival. Surgical revascularization remains the most effective treatment for diabetic patients whose coronary artery lesions do not qualify for endovascular revascularization..
- Prostate cancer after heart transplantation: unicenter case-control studySiamak Mohammadi
Institute of Cardiology, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Department, La Pitie Hospital, Paris, France
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:995-7. 2005..We have noted an unexpectedly high incidence of prostate cancer in our heart transplant recipients (HTR)...
- Surgical approach to aortic root lesions in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia and Takayasu arteritisStephane Aubert
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:573-4. 2005